Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: Common TRicks Used by Property Agents

  1. #1
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default Common TRicks Used by Property Agents

    hi can anyone share experiences of tricks used by property agents you have used to buy and sell your property?

    good or bad? do share.

  2. #2
    Exalted

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dingding
    hi can anyone share experiences of tricks used by property agents you have used to buy and sell your property?

    good or bad? do share.
    i only find my own tenants sometimes if i got the time....hehe...quite fun...but can aso be vy tiring especially during downturn....tenants super choosy...LOL....so during tat period better let agt do the legwork

    but i always let agts sell....

  3. #3
    Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default Buying property

    I am not sure how rampant this is but I know of agent who'll collect cheque from a potential buyer than keep the cheque for couple of days while he try to contact his other potential clients who haven't given any cheque and try to convince them to offer higher. As such, they'll get higher commission. They'll try to explain to the original buyer that the seller is away or out-stationed, etc. Think this is a violation of the rights of the first potential buyer.

  4. #4
    Exalted

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    I am not sure how rampant this is but I know of agent who'll collect cheque from a potential buyer than keep the cheque for couple of days while he try to contact his other potential clients who haven't given any cheque and try to convince them to offer higher. As such, they'll get higher commission. They'll try to explain to the original buyer that the seller is away or out-stationed, etc. Think this is a violation of the rights of the first potential buyer.
    tat buyer greenhorn bah??

    i always demand the LOO tat my offer will lapse within the next 24hr

  5. #5
    Bricks & Mortar

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    I am not sure how rampant this is but I know of agent who'll collect cheque from a potential buyer than keep the cheque for couple of days while he try to contact his other potential clients who haven't given any cheque and try to convince them to offer higher. As such, they'll get higher commission. They'll try to explain to the original buyer that the seller is away or out-stationed, etc. Think this is a violation of the rights of the first potential buyer.
    This trick is quote common.

  6. #6
    Bricks & Mortar

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    tat buyer greenhorn bah??

    i always demand the LOO tat my offer will lapse within the next 24hr
    . This is good, at most 48hours...for me

  7. #7
    Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default Another pattern

    I met another agent who once got the cheque and closed the deal, he'll disappear. He told the owner the wrong date they must vacate the unit. When I went down to check on the house on the deadline, the owners were still staying there. They said they've been told by the agent to vacate only the following week. I called my lawyer and he advised me to pursue the matter. However here is the downside, if I were to engage the lawyer to charge my agent for his apparent negligence, it'll cost me more than the compensation I can ever dream of getting from the agent. Not worth it....
    What was worse was the fact that the agent just refused to answer my call or to return my call. It was a totally unpleasant experience. Sigh. All these occurred before the government demanded that all housing agents must be certified. Hopefully this initiative changed the attitudes of these erring agents.

  8. #8
    Exalted

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    I met another agent who once got the cheque and closed the deal, he'll disappear. He told the owner the wrong date they must vacate the unit. When I went down to check on the house on the deadline, the owners were still staying there. They said they've been told by the agent to vacate only the following week. I called my lawyer and he advised me to pursue the matter. However here is the downside, if I were to engage the lawyer to charge my agent for his apparent negligence, it'll cost me more than the compensation I can ever dream of getting from the agent. Not worth it....
    What was worse was the fact that the agent just refused to answer my call or to return my call. It was a totally unpleasant experience. Sigh. All these occurred before the government demanded that all housing agents must be certified. Hopefully this initiative changed the attitudes of these erring agents.
    tats real bad....u can still forward ur case to CEA

  9. #9
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Can Mr Funny make this thread a sticky?

    How about the not so common trick or rare tricks property agents used?

  10. #10
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Trick 1:
    Pretending the property response is hot by arranging all buyers to view at the same time.Nothing wrong in a bullish market except when the agent delayed your viewings so that the rest of the other buyers can view at the same time creating false impression that the property is hot.

    Trick 2:
    Holding your check and several other buyers so that seller can consider the best offer. Nothing wrong here except when the agent showed all the checks to you and push you for a higher offer. Ethically, this is wrong.

    Trick 3:
    Accepted your offer and check BUT did not give you the OTP. This will make the confirmed buyer very mad because as long as you do not get the OTP, the seller can back up anytime and return you the check. It is best you immediately exchanged the OTP for your check. Agent will say troublesome, but that is his job to run to and fro, since when who said it is easy money here.

    Trick 4:
    Advertise a ridiculously low price/rental for a particular property to gather your phone number and check the response rate. Nothing wrong except when it wasted your precious time calling and when the owner never intend to sell at the low price. In addition, owner never want to sell but agent still advertise his property to gather your data.

    Trick 5:
    They tell you got enbloc "potential". Since when you know a plot got enbloc potential ? Except got potential usually only mean there is a possibility in going enbloc.

    Trick 6:
    Try to create peer pressure. This happened to me a few times.For example, once I went to a show flat with a celebrity. The agent called me after the viewing to say this celebrity already bought 2 units and hastened me to buy. The agent has no idea this celebrity is my best friend. I called him up and he said he did not book any unit in the project.

    Hope that helps

    Your humble little brother.
    [URL="www.facebook.com/tay.sim.tian"]www.facebook.com/tay.sim.tian[/URL]

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •