Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: WP rep is cool....but the rest.....

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    Exactly!

As a matter of fact, there is some interesting speculation (NOTE: purely kopi talk like soap opera) over GCT vs LHL...

Apparently, if u can recalled just barely two weeks ago, GCT said ministers should not serve beyond 2 terms. Within a day or two, LHL and WKS openly disagreed with GCT's remarks.

Also from news report, TPL might post to MP GRC. Why? If PAP win, GCT survive. If GCT lose, GCT gone?

Think wisely, vote wisely.... tide of change is coming.
    Tide of change coming not coz GCT and LHL and WKS diagree. Even LBH comfirmed it yesterday that there was disagreement on the IR issue. There was alr disagreement in the past before 2006 election but it was still PAP. Tide of change coming coz its the new breed of Singaporeans who dare to venture beyond the secured and comfortable zones through their votes. Watch tonight's talk. Think PM wants to have this dialogue coz he sensed PAP not in favor with voters le... . Doing whatever he could to convince the nation. Make or break tonight.... Hope he don't repeat what he said to the NTU undergrad...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    sounds scary? political disaster coming?
    Not sure whether it is political disaster coming.
    But if we continue to let PAP run freely, we might end up like AIA as AIA has grown too large to fall and US government has no choice but to use taxpayer money to rescure AIA.

The same goes to Singapore. If we allow no check and balance, WE have ownslef to blame.

Vote wisely and carefully for our children sake.
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Got to hear what PM Lee has to say tonite:

http://www.todayonline.com/Hotnews/E...me-with-PM-Lee

Question time with PM Lee

by S Ramesh
    04:47 AM Apr 09, 2011

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong will host a TV forum "live", engaging a panel of 12 Singaporeans from a cross-section of the population on a wide range of topics.

The hour-long programme - Question Time with the Prime Minister - will be shown "live" on Channel NewsAsia on Tuesday at 8pm.

Topics for discussion include social, political and long term issues facing Singapore. For the first time, viewers can send in their questions during the forum via SMS or e-mail or now, at www.channelnewsasia.com/questiontime, said MediaCorp. The PM will answer some of the questions during the "live" programme.

Online viewers can also catch the webcast "live" at the microsite, and netizens can put in their messages on Facebook.com/questiontime.

Channel NewsAsia presenter Melissa Hyak is moderating the discussions with the panel, which include a grassroots leader, a unionist, a businessman, a young professional, a polytechnic student, a university student, a retiree, a blue-collar worker, a political commentator, a journalist, a social worker and a new citizen of Singapore. S RAMESH

The forum will telecast at the following times:

- Channel NewsAsia Tuesday (April 12) 8pm

Encore telecasts Friday (April 15) 6pm, Sunday (April 17) 7.30pm

when i saw the advert on this, tried very hard not to snigger.

it's gonna be all scripted, i.e. audience will have a list of pre-screened questions that they are allowed to field. who knows if we may have another crying session? did i see naoto kan cry when the mar 11 earthquake struck? NO.

To my dearest MPs, please show me some guts of steel, and crying won't convince me that the government can empathize with what's going on the ground in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Tide of change coming not coz GCT and LHL and WKS diagree. Even LBH comfirmed it yesterday that there was disagreement on the IR issue. There was alr disagreement in the past before 2006 election but it was still PAP. Tide of change coming coz its the new breed of Singaporeans who dare to venture beyond the secured and comfortable zones through their votes. Watch tonight's talk. Think PM wants to have this dialogue coz he sensed PAP not in favor with voters le... . Doing whatever he could to convince the nation. Make or break tonight.... Hope he don't repeat what he said to the NTU undergrad...
    i dont trust such TV dialogue ..even if it was LIVE ... our 9pm news is not really LIVE ...its about some 10-20 sec delayed ... just that we at home dont realise it ....

whats stopping the questions from being predetermined ?

As mentioned by many, the dialogue might be scripted.
    Who selected the 12 participants? Is the invitation open to all prior announcing the 12 participants?

Who selected the 12 participants? Is the invitation open to all prior announcing the 12 participants?
    thats right ?

who chose them ?

who were the chooser ?

who were the choosee ?

why arent the public be invited ?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i dont trust such TV dialogue ..even if it was LIVE ... our 9pm news is not really LIVE ...its about some 10-20 sec delayed ... just that we at home dont realise it ....

whats stopping the questions from being predetermined ?
    I think not just TV dialogue, MSM too....
    Sometime I tot I've subscribe to wrong news paper and actutally tot I buy PAP's paper by accidental as the paper is full of praise of PAP's opinions, suggestions, comments, activities, achievements etc day in day out...

Damn buay tohan and have actually stop buying for years

It really depend on how much the people want. The govt can script the entire program but if so many people submit their questions and PM don't even address them, then sure will kana complains. If they say too many questions so 1hr not enough to address them, then they must be transparent and answer those questions online after the program and not ignore them altogether, so it really depends on how much the people want to push it. Just received an email of one concerned person who wrote to the PM to address some issues and he politely demanded that PM will address all his concerns and his answers will then be posted online for all to see...
    Last edited by ysyap; 12-04-11 at 10:50.

Was drinking kopi with kakis at coffee shop yesterday night and my old kopi kakis (most of them past 50) actually observe following with regards to PAP candidates...

1) FMH, TPL and Puthu might not actually get the chance to stand assuming no futher "retirement" from the current 18.

2) Of all those 18 "retirement", many are perceived as GCT's people during GCT PM era...why this group of MP? Interesting right...?
    tot u are quite young why yr kakis all past 50???

how many of the bros here dare to voice out all ur complaints in front of Live media and PM?

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    50s considered yng? now retirement age is 62 or 65? hehe

actually do u really want pap down? must also bear in mind at this time nobody can take over the current govt. even the opposition also agree they are not ready to take ove the govt. which means if pap down spore will down too. sound quite scary leh. i still think opp not strong enuf, even low thia thiang change his mind of contesting grc saying thet he might not win. so afterall he is also comfortable in his own area and dare not venture out

There will be online sms, email questions...live, but am sure only selected questions will be post to the PM. Believe PM team will there to check, double check & triple check which queries can be fired at him...

actually do u really want pap down? must also bear in mind at this time nobody can take over the current govt. even the opposition also agree they are not ready to take ove the govt. which means if pap down spore will down too. sound quite scary leh. i still think opp not strong enuf, even low thia thiang change his mind of contesting grc saying thet he might not win. so afterall he is also comfortable in his own area and dare not venture out
    but we shd let more opposition IN

since when voting in the opposition = forming an entire government made up of opposition candidates???

voting in more opposition candidates simply means having a greater form of checks and balances and a spectrum of voices that's representive of the ground.

to quote my beloved crying MP - LBH, as a PAP MP you can cry and thump your feet on the ground in disagreement but at the end of the day, you still have to toe the party-line, betray your personal conscience and vote in agreement. if i have a louder opposition voice, i'm pretty sure a no will be a clear, loud and empathic "NO"

changing the govt does not mean have to change all the policies

some good ones the new govt can still continue .. there are many on going projects ...

those bad ones the new govt can abolish and implement better ones

so taking over is not at all a tough job

40++ and consider myself old jurong. Had known this group of ppl since young. still met up with them occasionally to lim kopi.

Happened to drop by the coffee shop before picking up my kids back home. Stop by, lim a cup and stayed around half hour and actually forgot to pick up my kikds..

Kana scolded by OC hard hard....

how many of the bros here dare to voice out all ur complaints in front of Live media and PM?
    This kind of "meeting media" can actually forget about it.
    Make our voice heard in Parliament is more important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

changing the govt does not mean have to change all the policies

some good ones the new govt can still continue .. there are many on going projects ...

those bad ones the new govt can abolish and implement better ones

so taking over is not at all a tough job
    Sorri for being a one liner but I SUPER AGREED with you on this.

They should get low thia kiang, chee soon juan and sylvia lim to have dialogue with LHL in front of singaporeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    They should get low thia kiang, chee soon juan and sylvia lim to have dialogue with LHL in front of singaporeans.
    Agreed but then that will be too confrontational like what we see in news of Taiwan politics.. not sure we want that in Singapore... hahaha! also get Chiam See Tong. Not so sure abt Chee Soon Juan coz his ideologies might not work in S'pore leh... Hmmm...

Agreed but then that will be too confrontational like what we see in news of Taiwan politics.. not sure we want that in Singapore... hahaha! also get Chiam See Tong. Not so sure abt Chee Soon Juan coz his ideologies might not work in S'pore leh... Hmmm...
    whether is confrontational, gentle, lame-duck, or mai hum kind of politicians, the people as voters can decide what kind of politicians they want in parliament. That's what democracy is all about, unless one is not ready for it and therefore deserves to be treated like sheep.

haha,yes CST please!! no CSJ... much as I want an opposition voice, this CSJ is simply not my cup of tea....

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    i jus asking any bros here dare to voice out....so any1 here?

Quote Originally Posted by extremme
    haha,yes CST please!! no CSJ... much as I want an opposition voice, this CSJ is simply not my cup of tea....

sometimes LOOKS play a role ..

some looks will lure voters .. some ..i would slap hahah

GCT ...great looks, whether when he is serious or joking

some looks ... i will slap even when they are telling jokes ..like LHL, WKS, and especially MBT

they simply dun understand the difference between a smile and a smirk

some looks ... i will slap even when they are telling jokes ..like LHL, WKS, and especially MBT

fatherly/motherly look best for politicians? hmmm

i jus asking any bros here dare to voice out....so any1 here?
    i would ... got chance or not ?

i ever ask some ministers body guard when they were are raffles place ..

i ask " here no parking at the road side ... how come ministers can stop their car here ??

they kept quiet

i ask the cisco also ... : ever heard of basement parking ? why stop your van here .. they drove off

CSJ's face? errrrr, no comments on that.... sometimes he stages all these rallies, drama etc.. duno is it for himself or for opposition

he should realise he's losing votes when he loses his credibility by doing all these drama

i would ... got chance or not ?

i ever ask some ministers body guard when they were are raffles place ..

i ask " here no parking at the road side ... how come ministers can stop their car here ??

they kept quiet

i ask the cisco also ... : ever heard of basement parking ? why stop your van here .. they drove off
    cool dude

Quote Originally Posted by extremme
    CSJ's face? errrrr, no comments on that.... sometimes he stages all these rallies, drama etc.. duno is it for himself or for opposition

he should realise he's losing votes when he loses his credibility by doing all these drama

sometimes i also think he is planted by PAP to sobatage .... hahaha

too much CSIs