Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: WP rep is cool....but the rest.....

Quote Originally Posted by wenqing
    Yep, ST's and CNA's track record for covering elections has all along been not good and not healthy.

Receiving persistent one-sided good news about PAP and bad news about Opposition distorts voters ability to accurately vote for the right kind of people into Parliament.

SPH Chairman is ex-Minister Tony Tan.

Many hard truths about PAP candidates, ST and CNA will not help voters to dig and expose.

I already have serious doubts about characters of Tin Pei Ling, Foo Mee Har and Dr Janil 'I spend 10 years on children so no need do NS' Puthucheary. Plus the generals and NTUC members.

They all seem like money-grabbing opportunists who join for career advancements.

Directorships await all these people.

I already face reality about Singapore Media.

For GE 2011, I prefer to rely on Internet.
    I think ST slightly better than Chinese Newspaper (ZB/WB/SM) as occasionally, some anit-news appeared in english papers while Chinese hard to come acorss (Apart from the one page exclusive for WP's Chen last weekend)
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    Did you guys noticed the following

From past errection, PAP often play the offensive role on specific OPP target (2006 was Gomez)..
    This time round, PAP has a taste of their own medicines with TPL/Puthu/FooMH/Vikram saga...

LHL damn unlucky to have a bad start of their election campaign.

Also, PAP normally lead the race with miles apart from OPP with good candidates. Seem like that is no longer true with the WP's Chen....

Very juicy so far and tot the world has turn upside down liao...
    Nothing last forever.

You notice the rivalries between SM Goh , PM Lee and DPM Wong in regards to Ministers should not serve more than 2 terms ?

He is hinting PM Lee should step down by GE 2016 and DPM Wong step down now.

Nothing last forever.

You notice the rivalries between SM Goh , PM Lee and DPM Wong in regards to Ministers should not serve more than 2 terms ?

He is hinting PM Lee should step down by GE 2016 and DPM Wong step down now.

Had been hearing that for quite a while and could not find any trace of such.

Yestersday news report was a shock to me.

BTW, if you recalled many years back when a PM remaked Singapore guy Kiasu, Kiasee and Kia bor during Rally day (Afraid to lose, Afraid to die and Afraid of wife). I tot it was referring to everyone wor and not specific one. BTW, this remakr was given before he step down as PM.

Now think back, he could be making a fun on someone wor given the open rivalry now...(go and think who meet the arks)

I think ST slightly better than Chinese Newspaper (ZB/WB/SM) as occasionally, some anit-news appeared in english papers while Chinese hard to come acorss (Apart from the one page exclusive for WP's Chen last weekend)
    I notice that PAP and media got caught off guard by Tin 'Healthcare and Education in Singapore is Cheap' Pei Ling effect on Singaporeans.

These days, alot of articles writing good stuff about her, asking voters to give her a chance and even use examples of young politicians from other countries.

This is unprecedented in PAP election history. Goh Keng Swee and Lim Kim San will be very upset and turn in their grave.

Yes, I will give chance to newbies but I prefer to give Opposition the chance.

Like I mentioned, there is no stats, just observation and experience.

At CBD, plenty of Caucasians drivers.
    its like u goto certain part of orchard, u see more branded cars den budget cars and we cant say there r more branded cars on the road in sg

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    its like u goto certain part of orchard, u see more branded cars den budget cars and we cant say there r more branded cars on the road in sg
    It just gives me the feeling foreign drivers had increased in Singapore but not sure by how much.

Indian drivers also seen a lot.

I notice that PAP and media got caught off guard by Tin 'Healthcare and Education in Singapore is Cheap' Pei Ling effect on Singaporeans.

These days, alot of articles writing good stuff about her, asking voters to give her a chance and even use examples of young politicians from other countries.

This is unprecedented in PAP election history. Goh Keng Swee and Lim Kim San will be very upset and turn in their grave.

mabe u can help WP to scout for more capable future leaders

According to some market kopi talk, those speech, video and photo web linkages were leaked from the internal to outside. Not sure who wor.

Interestingly, all these happened within hours and I doubt general public can fish out info that fast wor.

On the other hand, that show how shallow TPL is. Don't she knows most of us are relatively pissed with high costs in Healthcare and Education meh?

On second tot, can;t blamed her much also as she has yet to be a parent nor old enought o face those huge medical bills.....

It just gives me the feeling foreign drivers had increased in Singapore but not sure by how much.

Indian drivers also seen a lot.
    we r multi racial society mah....even we see indians....aso duno they r singka or foreigner

pasar malam bag can oredi lah...simi KS bag wor...
    Haha but if u look at e pix u will see e green ks box
    Extremely unflattering pix

we r multi racial society mah....even we see indians....aso duno they r singka or foreigner
    Some time can tell ah-neh from where by judging their clothing.
    India Ah-neh often wears long sleeves (be it drivers/construction workers etc) with slippers while local tends to be more casual...

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Minister and prata man's pay hike definitely on the agenda. High medical cost and the useless medisave schemes are issues I have against the current government.
    I think you should watch Tin Pei Ling's speech at 2007 PAP Convention and her answers on RazorTV after introduction as PAP candidate.

When quizzed by journalists about her opinions on Healthcare and Education policies in Singapore, Tin Pei Ling give general answers like Healthcare and Education are already cheap in Singapore.

At 2007 speech, she said widening income gap is not government's reponsibility and Singaporeans should learn from older generation to bite bullets.

What are government's responsibilities then ? If now I still continue to bite bullets, where is the quality of living and what for I vote PAP for what ?

With such answers and solutions, I think those who see her at Meet-People-Sessions will receive little hope.

Quote Originally Posted by extremme
    Haha but if u look at e pix u will see e green ks box
    Extremely unflattering pix
    BTW, did you manage to see TPL's half of face painted with gold paints?

Some time can tell ah-neh from where by judging their clothing.
    India Ah-neh often wears long sleeves (be it drivers/construction workers etc) with slippers while local tends to be more casual...
    let say u see an indian driving bmw/merc....how to tell?

I think you should watch Tin Pei Ling's speech at 2007 PAP Convention and her answers on RazorTV after introduction as PAP candidate.

When quizzed by journalists about her opinions on Healthcare and Education policies in Singapore, Tin Pei Ling give general answers like Healthcare and Education are already cheap in Singapore.

At 2007 speech, she said widening income gap is not government's reponsibility and Singaporeans should learn from older generation to bite bullets.

What are government's responsibilities then ? If now I still continue to bite bullets, where is the quality of living and what for I vote PAP for what ?

With such answers and solutions, I think those who see her at Meet-People-Sessions will receive little hope.
    My wife is very much pro PAP. But the moment she read the speech cum watching the Razor interview.. she was pissed and so much so that I've to stay silent for an hour before finding chit chat topics to cool her down...

Haha, I know what you mean, but the ones I saw at CBD area are fairer Indians and like to wear formal working clothes like suit and tie.

From my growing up experience with Indians, I doubt they are SEA Indians.

let say u see an indian driving bmw/merc....how to tell?
    nvr see that before so unable to comment...

According to some market kopi talk, those speech, video and photo web linkages were leaked from the internal to outside. Not sure who wor.

Interestingly, all these happened within hours and I doubt general public can fish out info that fast wor.

On the other hand, that show how shallow TPL is. Don't she knows most of us are relatively pissed with high costs in Healthcare and Education meh?

On second tot, can;t blamed her much also as she has yet to be a parent nor old enought o face those huge medical bills.....
    I have not seen e article but it's extremely shallow of her to say education n healthcare r low if dat is e case y dun she donate half her salary to poor folks since cost of living here is low n she dun need 15k a mtg?

I was questioned by my Frds y r u so bothered abt y ministers earn so much? If my co dun pay me so well will I still be wkg here? My answer was a empathic no n I'm frank enough to admit I work for money. Not like the ministers who keep saying they work with a passion to serve but yet get sky high salaries. That seems extremely hypocritical to me

nvr see that before so unable to comment...
    there r many lor....often seen driving high end bmw/merc.....not 5 series or e class hor....its usually 7series or s class.....oh ya...u stay in the west...tats y....rich indians r mostly found in the east....hehe

I have not seen e article but it's extremely shallow of her to say education n healthcare r low if dat is e case y dun she donate half her salary to poor folks since cost of living here is low n she dun need 15k a mtg?

I was questioned by my Frds y r u so bothered abt y ministers earn so much? If my co dun pay me so well will I still be wkg here? My answer was a empathic no n I'm frank enough to admit I work for money. Not like the ministers who keep saying they work with a passion to serve but yet get sky high salaries. That seems extremely hypocritical to me
    no choice one la...

we r all hypocrites wat.....in front of ur boss....in front of ur parents....in front of ur partner....in front of ur kids.....we all wear mask....all different kind of mask during diff occasions....how often can we be totally truthful about ourselves?

and u noe wat trained me to wear my mask nicely? ITS ARMY! if dun wear mask....sure kena tekken till jialat jialat

Got mah? Only heard abt her leaving her fat bf for a man 14yrs her senior who is lky secretary.. N got circulate a pix of her wif fat man but I nvr see

Anyway wat baptism of fire is dis?if she cannot even stand up to this how can she qualify to lead us? But irritating thing to note is dat as much as people make disparaging comments abt her or dun Like her she will still be voted in because of piggybacking n good candidates Luke sylvia lim n cst will not be in...

Pap shld only allow new candidates to contest in single wards n not hide behind old guards in grc if she can win in dis case then I take bk my words n say she go through baptism of fire

孔子 said this before...

仁者不富,富者不仁。

If our era, it's like 要讲感情就不要将钱,要讲钱感情就不要讲感情。。。。

no choice one la...

we r all hypocrites wat.....in front of ur boss....in front of ur parents....in front of ur partner....in front of ur kids.....we all wear mask....all different kind of mask during diff occasions....how often can we be totally truthful about ourselves?

and u noe wat trained me to wear my mask nicely? ITS ARMY! if dun wear mask....sure kena tekken till jialat jialat
    humour with truth within... hahahaha

no choice one la...

Haha Like e maid carrying backpack issue ...u can do wat u want just dun be caught!

Haha

Like me you must be getting much more news from popular forums plus theonlinecitizen and Temasek Review.

Plus the act cute photo of her with motorbike helmet in a bank.

As you see, all these are real and true pictures of her but portray her negatively as a politician.

ST and CNA refuse to show these pictures, her past speeches etc which make me mad because we are not getting an accurate picture of this candidate.

The picture ST and CNA give Singaporeans about her is as that of a victim of nonsense internet flaming with no value which is not true.

ST and CNA are main culprits of distorting facts from fiction.

About Foo Mee Har and she sleeping her way up in StanChart, I believe 50/50 especially when her boss initials is revealed.

But it seems her husband bankruptcy is true but ST say StanChart withdraw the bankruptcy order without saying why. All along, her husband's name was never revealed.

Internet is really a wonder and fast source of information.

PAP had not adjusted to the new level of elections with internet yet.

For Tin Pei Ling, PAP gave tea party to 200 odd people but selected her instead.

Why her stories, past speeches and photos got leaked all over so fast could be insider job from PAP from those who did not get the job as candidate and thus become jealous.

The weight of being PM Lee's secretary wife could have triggered the 'poison letters'.

Singapore politics becoming like Malaysian politics.

no choice one la...

We can be hypocrites but not our leaders simply because they are in public positions and are our leaders.

We can be hypocrites but not our leaders simply because they are in public positions and are our leaders.
    there r simply no saints in this world la...cmon

and if there r real saints....usually they r uncovered and stay low profile and contribute to the society in a different way

there r simply no saints in this world la...cmon

and if there r real saints....usually they r uncovered and stay low profile and contribute to the society in a different way
    Yep, like Chen Show Mao.

But leaders are after all leaders, do but do not let us find out their hypocrisy, double talk and double statements.

Haha

Like me you must be getting much more news from popular forums plus theonlinecitizen and Temasek Review.

As you see, all these are real and true pictures of her but portray her negatively as a politician.

ST and CNA refuse to show these pictures, her past speeches etc which make me mad because we are not getting an accurate picture of this candidate.

The picture ST and CNA give Singaporeans about her is as that of a victim of nonsense internet flaming with no value which is not true.

About Foo Mee Har and she sleeping her way up in StanChart, I believe 50/50 especially when her boss initials is revealed.

But it seems her husband bankruptcy is true but ST say StanChart withdraw the bankruptcy order without saying why. All along, her husband's name was never revealed.

For Tin Pei Ling, PAP gave tea party to 200 odd people but selected her instead.

Why her stories, past speeches and photos got leaked all over so fast could be insider job from PAP from those who did not get the job as candidate and thus become jealous.

The weight of being PM Lee's secretary wife could have triggered the 'poison letters'.

very juicy so far where PAP has to endure what OPP has been going thru... serve them right.

Joke aside, I'm kinda of worry why PAP standard drop so much and it does not appear stgeady as before....Cannot imagine this bunch of A team candiates going to be future 4G leaders.. OMG...

OPP such as WP is getting more like the early stage PAP.. working steadily and passively with low interest of getting involve with scandals... Healthy sign.

Haha

BTW, not forgetting the Vikram blog opera... with his own home address exposed... HAhahahahahaha