Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: WP rep is cool....but the rest.....

Quote Originally Posted by extremme
    No wonder PAPs are left with new candidates with the likes of TPL, the foreign doctor who do not even serve NS, Desmond Choo who thinks 4 room flat is poor and Yen Ling who only help out at meet the people session 2 mths before elections.
    Good summary of our latest PAP candidates...

Saw this from CNA Forum:
    http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/vie...280921#4280921

Has been staying silent for most of my life and tot ENOUGH IS ENOUGH after hearing the lame reasons from THE TOP.

In some sense, I tot Singapore - A Steroid Enhanced Nation?
    Why? Reasons as follow:

-Singapore "appeared muscular” in many areas such as high GDP growth, excellent garment services, high quality MP (A Team) etc...
    -We do so with “injection” of “Steroid” such as foreign talent to temporary boost our performance. Thus allowing good GDP growths and then the body owner (you know who) will be rewarded handsomely less the muscles who do the jobs (Silliporeans)
    -We do not train/ build with good system coverage to auxiliary muscles (aka low income folks)
    -We were told/brainwash if we reject “Steroid”, we will not be able to perform as good thus suffering will come.
    -For fears of losing, we consume/inject even more “Steroid” for better performance
    -With more “Steroid” injected, the body get congested and side effects start rolling in such as “Steroid” need to consume food, needs transports, need housing, need education for “Steroid” childrens etc…
    -With congestion happening everywhere, muscles start complaining "My owner, we muscle now very tired, can stop steroid bor?"
    -Body said, cannot lah. Not my fault, it's outside world fault. It's Inflation problem and not my Steroid addiction problem....
    -At the end of the day, muscles believe it's inflation fault and nobody noticed it's "Steroid" casuing the pain

Many years later….muscles (Sillipoereans again) getting weaker due to maltreatments as “Steroid” has been the key option for body (again, you know who) to depend on for performance…

Once we reach this terminal stage, sure die!
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Yep, I am relying on Internet for this elections.

No more ST and CNA cause they do not give real picture of the situation.

ST and CNA minimise PAP faults and maximise and exaggerate Opposition weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by wenqing
    Yep, I am relying on Internet for this elections.

No more ST and CNA cause they do not give real picture of the situation.

ST and CNA minimise PAP faults and maximise and exaggerate Opposition weaknesses.
    WQ,

Over depending on one extreme is not good wor.
    I think we have to balance the views from all medias to understand the "VALUE"

Thus, suggest you to read widely and not solely on new medias. Open heart suffice...

Just received the grow and share goodie pack and the radio tv license rebate. They will definitely ensure that we get it before the big day... hahaha!!! If they no time to visit the people for meet the people sessions, they must at least get someone to mail out all the goodies for them so they still look good...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Just received the grow and share goodie pack and the radio tv license rebate. They will definitely ensure that we get it before the big day... hahaha!!! If they no time to visit the people for meet the people sessions, they must at least get someone to mail out all the goodies for them so they still look good...
    we r nvr satisfied......

Haha... Goodie lai lo.
    But hor, dun't happy too fast...
    They give you chicken wing now and base on past elections, be prepared to return all whole fried chicken within six months after election.

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    how abt yr idol lina chiam? what did she said when presenter ask her abt her team's plan? either she doesnt has ay plan or she forgot to memerise her line....haha....make herself a fool in front of tv!!! her favorite phrase..."correct me if i am wrong" if u cannot even convince yrself how do u expect ppl to believe in u. wat a clown!!
    "Like" :-) comment

the package is peanuts, i can't even be bothered. Just think of all the road tax, ERP, property taxes, GST and other misc fees paid into the government coffers all these years and compare that with the "goodies" and it is just a grain in a pail of sand. Not forgetting that all these goodies come from our past contributions to the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    the package is peanuts, i can't even be bothered. Just think of all the road tax, ERP, property taxes, GST and other misc fees paid into the government coffers all these years and compare that with the "goodies" and it is just a grain in a pail of sand. Not forgetting that all these goodies come from our past contributions to the government.
    u belong to the higher income group mah....

all these rebates r meant for the lower income.....to u peanuts....to them mabe D24 durians liao

I notice that PAP and media got caught off guard by Tin 'Healthcare and Education in Singapore is Cheap' Pei Ling effect on Singaporeans.

These days, alot of articles writing good stuff about her, asking voters to give her a chance and even use examples of young politicians from other countries.

This is unprecedented in PAP election history. Goh Keng Swee and Lim Kim San will be very upset and turn in their grave.

Yes, I will give chance to newbies but I prefer to give Opposition the chance.
    This is matter of grave importance, not on the job training. She can do her training in kate spade though.

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    Had been hearing that for quite a while and could not find any trace of such.

Yestersday news report was a shock to me.

BTW, if you recalled many years back when a PM remaked Singapore guy Kiasu, Kiasee and Kia bor during Rally day (Afraid to lose, Afraid to die and Afraid of wife). I tot it was referring to everyone wor and not specific one. BTW, this remakr was given before he step down as PM.

Now think back, he could be making a fun on someone wor given the open rivalry now...(go and think who meet the arks)
    The rivalry is getting obvious, but wong comment is not being respectful .
    Remember mat selamat, ...fiasco not so long ago
    As asian society, basic respect to elder/senior must be there, that a basic for leadership

I think you should watch Tin Pei Ling's speech at 2007 PAP Convention and her answers on RazorTV after introduction as PAP candidate.

When quizzed by journalists about her opinions on Healthcare and Education policies in Singapore, Tin Pei Ling give general answers like Healthcare and Education are already cheap in Singapore.

At 2007 speech, she said widening income gap is not government's reponsibility and Singaporeans should learn from older generation to bite bullets.

What are government's responsibilities then ? If now I still continue to bite bullets, where is the quality of living and what for I vote PAP for what ?

With such answers and solutions, I think those who see her at Meet-People-Sessions will receive little hope.
    Look at the commd index,
    Metal is getting expensive, hard to bite bullet, so guess we have to bite synthetic leather, or pasar malam fake kate spade bag.
    Everything in spore is cheap, if you draw a high salary.

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    The rivalry is getting obvious, but wong comment is not being respectful .
    Remember mat selamat, ...fiasco not so long ago
    As asian society, basic respect to elder/senior must be there, that a basic for leadership
    Anyway, so long the almighty still around, it should be just fine.
    However, when the almighty kick the bucket, am predicting chaotics situation to emerge, thus, it would be good to buy some inssurance now with OPP as strong OPP can keep rivalry factions united within MIW.

Heard from some friends, OPP have been calling inssurance not just becos of check and balance to government but also to position as a stabling forces when all hells went loose within MIW when POST ALMIGHTY ERA arrived!

Look at the commd index,
    Metal is getting expensive, hard to bite bullet, so guess we have to bite synthetic leather, or pasar malam fake kate spade bag.
    Everything in spore is cheap, if you draw a high salary.
    I dun't know what to say.

Many year ago, i stay in ayer rajah. The pap candidate dr tan cheng bock, he really is the kind that walked around every week, met the pple, help them with problem, and contest every election on his own merit. I doubt we can find such gd calibre candidate. I Heard his speech as a back bencher in parliament, sharp, incisive, with depth.

Many year ago, i stay in ayer rajah. The pap candidate dr tan cheng bock, he really is the kind that walked around every week, met the pple, help them with problem, and contest every election on his own merit. I doubt we can find such gd calibre candidate. I Heard his speech as a back bencher in parliament, sharp, incisive, with depth.
    Me stay at Jurong and I remeber my mum brought me to is clinic (becos he charge very low price too) for medical consultation during one weekend as government clinic was closed. Not much of impression of him but tot he was very very nice.

Also, former Jurong MP (Ho kar Leong, easily late 70 or 80++ now) was a good man too.

During my younger age, I tot PAP is EVERYTHING!

However, my opinion changed after married/have kids/kids go schooling...
    The so call 2G leaders has changed!

Everything they touch, $$$ sure follow....

Yes old guards were good...

Saw this Facebook post dat dis person was in bedok grc when he saw e mp.. Very excited went up to shake e mp Hand. Mp asked him which ward he is from he said tanjong pagar n e mp just walk away

This post speaks volumes?

wow.. wat a long thread..

eager to see who r the two overseas opp candidates.. rejected pap.. hooray!!

wise choice

wind of change blowing..

i see a real difference when pap n opp do their walkabouts..
    for pap, residents seem to put up a fake front n smile n shake hands..

but when low n chiam walk their rounds.. residents wear a BIG smile with open arms..

R E S P E C T..

that s my view anyways

Just think of all the road tax, ERP, property taxes, GST and other misc fees paid into the government coffers all these years
    Oh yes... this is our lovely govt. When too much cars on road, cut COE quantum, put more ERP gantries, raise ERP prices. When too much demand for houses, build more BTO and EC, release more lands for developers to play in the market. When got accident at MRT then they proposed to build the glass barriers at all non-underground stations but 2 years down, how come AMK still not built... poor poor girl. Isn't this fire fighting? Shouldn't it be projecting ahead to minimize fire fighting? I know there is no perfect projection but at least can minimize lor...
    CTE prob has been there since I can remember but only soft measures like raise ERP rates introduced and only recently thinking abt road widening. I already proposed to them years back to build two storey CTE that connects AMK ave 1 to city direct so 2 groups of vehicle movement but nothing was taken up. Sigh!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by romeo
    wow.. wat a long thread..

R E S P E C T..

that s my view anyways
    Agreed. If you pay attention to tv news reports with regards to Walkabout.
    You will noticed this..

1) PAP walkabout appeared to be very popular. However, if you look carefully, you will noticed the following:
    A) those so call nearby residents could probably came from another constituencies as you noticed these aunties carry bags (sometime with goodie bag as well). Apparently, these group of residents were actually fetch from elsewhere to make up the participants quota. My mum/mum in law were invited a few times by their void deck kaki to go jalan. They went becos their kaki told them, transport will be provided, occasionally food will be provided and the same goes to goodies bag. A friend (pap grassroot leader who aids a NE MP) of mine told me that was true when I asked about this.

2) also, you probably noticed when PAP candidates walkabout from table table to shake hands, residents often just merely extend their hands for a shake plus a wayang smiling face. unlike PAP, voters often voluntary come forward or stand up when both of them approaching their tables for hand shakes.

The list can go on but I think it would be more interesting for you to figure it out yourself.

It is peanuts even to hdb dwellers. Just compare that with the season parking charges and the conservancy charges they have been paying all along. Almost everybody shop for daily items, from 3% gst to 7% and going to implement 10% later, do you think government has the people's welfare at heart? Shanmugum said top 40% paying gst to help those lower income, I don't see how that helps when gst credits given to lower income is peanuts in comparison to what they spent on gst.
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    u belong to the higher income group mah....

all these rebates r meant for the lower income.....to u peanuts....to them mabe D24 durians liao

It is peanuts even to hdb dwellers. Just compare that with the season parking charges and the conservancy charges they have been paying all along. Almost everybody shop for daily items, from 3% gst to 7% and going to implement 10% later, do you think government has the people's welfare at heart? Shanmugum said top 40% paying gst to help those lower income, I don't see how that helps when gst credits given to lower income is peanuts in comparison to what they spent on gst.
    lower income dun own cars....

i tink those real poor ppl spend $500 on food, daily necessities every mth....10% GST is $50 extra.....one yr $600 more...hmm....however, they dun pay income tax as below 20k....

btw, how much they got for the rebates?

i tink those real poor ppl spend $500 on food, daily necessities every mth....10% GST is $50 extra.....one yr $600 more...hmm....however, they dun pay income tax as below 20k....

btw, how much they got for the rebates?
    No greedy humans will ever say what the govt dish out is ever enough... wait govt don't give liao... hahaha! Anyway, at least give better than not giving lah... Problem is opposition have no control over the $$ to give so can only listen and try to help in other ways... Given a choice, which is preferred? Hmmm.... no brainer lah

Noticed all old HDB near MRT were demolished to make way for new development and sad to see most of these residential developement goes to private and less for HDB.

Travel along west to east line, you will noticed alot of vacant lands starting from Chinese Garden to Redhill.

To me, I hope governement can build more HDB near MRT thus allowing more transport saving for those less fortunate. Private to be abit out than HDB since they are more blessed.

Of course, some would argue HDB flats near MRT can be costly. Well, since this is so call "subsidise flat", I believe government can do something about it to help those low income purchase HDB flats near MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    Agreed. If you pay attention to tv news reports with regards to Walkabout.
    You will noticed this..

1) PAP walkabout appeared to be very popular. However, if you look carefully, you will noticed the following:
    A) those so call nearby residents could probably came from another constituencies as you noticed these aunties carry bags (sometime with goodie bag as well). Apparently, these group of residents were actually fetch from elsewhere to make up the participants quota. My mum/mum in law were invited a few times by their void deck kaki to go jalan. They went becos their kaki told them, transport will be provided, occasionally food will be provided and the same goes to goodies bag. A friend (pap grassroot leader who aids a NE MP) of mine told me that was true when I asked about this.

2) also, you probably noticed when PAP candidates walkabout from table table to shake hands, residents often just merely extend their hands for a shake plus a wayang smiling face. unlike PAP, voters often voluntary come forward or stand up when both of them approaching their tables for hand shakes.

The list can go on but I think it would be more interesting for you to figure it out yourself.
    wah.. wayang propaganda

No greedy humans will ever say what the govt dish out is ever enough... wait govt don't give liao... hahaha! Anyway, at least give better than not giving lah... Problem is opposition have no control over the $$ to give so can only listen and try to help in other ways... Given a choice, which is preferred? Hmmm.... no brainer lah
    You do not need top talent or high achievers to dish out money just before elections.

WP can also do the same as government and maybe give even more.

I do not vote on such gimmicks.

This is encouraging Singaporeans to be bought, to have no backbone and to be soft.

Imagine Singapore at times of war.

This type of winning votes has no meritrocracy inside it. PAP is slapping its own punch lines.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singa...14029-348.html

Workers’ Party’s star candidate opens up

He had applied to study medicine at the National University of Singapore, but was rejected.

"They felt too many were going into medicine, perhaps like too many are going into the PAP," joked the Workers' Party's star catch, Chen Show Mao, in an interview with The Straits Times.

The top A-level student of the 1979 cohort in Singapore, which included Cabinet ministers Vivian Balakrishnan and Lui Tuck Yew, then packed his bags and went to Harvard to study economics.

He landed the Rhodes scholarship for student languages and history at Oxford in 1986, and later earned a law doctorate from Stanford University in the U.S.

Since then, Chen, 50, has been away from Singapore for nearly 30 years and has been based most recently in China.

Now, the corporate lawyer, whose list of accomplishments includes leading a legal team in the world's biggest public listing of China's Agricultural Bank last year, is ready to return to Singapore and dive into the arena of opposition politics.

Over the two-hour interview, Chen, a self-professed "serious" person, talked about his background and desires for politics in Singapore.

While he does not fundamentally disagree with any particular People's Action Party policy, Chen wants to build a multi-party system to help create a more stable government.

He believes that competitive politics will create better policies and a better Singapore.

"You don't have many Singaporeans doing this job, and I'd like to help do what I can," he said to the local paper.

Chen said he visited WP's headquarters at Syed Alwi Road in 2007 and joined the party after. He felt they were "like-minded people".

"We share the same goals and agree on the general approach and enjoy each other's company working together," he said.

Chen admitted his family had been resistant to his intention of joining opposition politics.

His father came from Taiwan to work for a trading company here, before setting up on his own. Two years later, 11-year-old Chen, his younger sister and mother moved to Singapore.

In 1986, Chen became a Singapore citizen. He believes his time abroad has not made him any less Singaporean.

And what does he think about the buzz that was created around him as the WP's star candidate?

Chen wants to be seen as just an "ordinary WP member".

He said, "At 50, I am older than most other members. Unless they are 50-year-olds, they're not going to have had the chance to have done as much in their line of work.

And we know paper qualifications hide a wealth of heartaches and failures."

NUS do not give Chen Show Mao Medicine because his results was top so NUS preferred he choose something else.

Looks like NUS medicine was so common then and was given to people without exceptional grades.

Looks like Vivian Bala's grades were normal after all.