Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: choice of Condo views and facing

Default choice of Condo views and facing

I thought i saw it somewhere but it is nowhere to be found in the forum. guys, as you know when choosing a property, the view is one of the important factor. May i know if you would rather choose a view facing your opposite neighbour face to face, or facing the main road? of course the best is unblock view. but not easy to get unblock view esp for low rise.

Anyone staying in an Apartment, or know of people staying at such appt facing neighbour face to face and it is quite close? How do you deal with privacy issues? Is this a long term nightmare? Should I avoid such unit at all cost? Thks!

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    I thought i saw it somewhere but it is nowhere to be found in the forum. guys, as you know when choosing a property, the view is one of the important factor. May i know if you would rather choose a view facing your opposite neighbour face to face, or facing the main road? of course the best is unblock view. but not easy to get unblock view esp for low rise.

Anyone staying in an Apartment, or know of people staying at such appt facing neighbour face to face and it is quite close? How do you deal with privacy issues? Is this a long term nightmare? Should I avoid such unit at all cost? Thks!
    how close is close? if about 25m apart i m fine but definitely not those less den 15m(if just 1 bedrm vy close...mabe itsok too)....just install privacy film which will provide some privacy during the daytime....at nite turn on a/c and draw the curtains after a while, u dun even bother about ur neighbours liao....unless u like to walk ard naked...hehe

and for own stay, i will nvr choose near main road....i rather facing neighbours with quiet facing

if it is abt r cars length distance? hard to measure exact distance...

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    if it is abt r cars length distance? hard to measure exact distance...
    i tink up to u lor.....i m fine with 25m...some die die 50m apart etc....

ultimately, u r the one who gona stay there.....if u find too close for comfort....den look elsewhr

That's why cluster houses quite hard to sell. Only separated by the width of swimming pool. Some more your neighbour can swim right up to your living room.

For me, No noon sun, 50m apart, quiet and not facing main road or worse bus stop, not facing MRT tracks (those overhead ones), high floor.

I'm fine with close distance of about 20m coz i can still control my privacy through curtains, etc. I'd not want to face road or face west sun... Difficult to dispel sound pollution from road and heat from west sun...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

If face neighbours, draw curtain means need to close windows (else curtain fly open by wind still no privacy) and cannot look out - not good for eyes, especially kids.

If face road, just need to close windows but don't need to draw curtain still got outside view and windows shield off the road sound (but not MRT track!).

The worst is face West sun! Give me sea view but West sun I also don't want! don't want to get FRIED everyday. I love to open windows and don't draw curtains to breath natural air and look outside!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    I'm fine with close distance of about 20m coz i can still control my privacy through curtains, etc. I'd not want to face road or face west sun... Difficult to dispel sound pollution from road and heat from west sun...

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    The worst is face West sun! Give me sea view but West sun I also don't want! don't want to get FRIED everyday. I love to open windows and don't draw curtains to breath natural air and look outside!
    Yes. If your lounge is getting the west afternoon sun, you should deduct the floor area of the lounge as it is not liveable without aircon.

If I have to draw curtains all the time to get privacy, then it is as good as facing a wall. I do mind my neighbours looking into my house. I would rather face a not so busy road.

My balcony facing is South-East, my unit is on 18th floor, no building at that height in the near vicinity. My kitchen is facing North-West with unblocked view of Nature Reserve (therefore will never have any blockage in that direction). Even though there is afternoon sun but it is compensated by the Nature Reserve view and there is always a lot of wind. I like a bright environment and lucky to find such facing in a condo. Don't even need to draw the curtains because there's nobody nearby that can look in.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    My balcony facing is South-East, my unit is on 18th floor, no building at that height in the near vicinity. My kitchen is facing North-West with unblocked view of Nature Reserve (therefore will never have any blockage in that direction). Even though there is afternoon sun but it is compensated by the Nature Reserve view and there is always a lot of wind. I like a bright environment and lucky to find such facing in a condo. Don't even need to draw the curtains because there's nobody nearby that can look in.
    Very Heng of u...., have nature, wind and no one to peek into your unit...

If face neighbours, draw curtain means need to close windows (else curtain fly open by wind still no privacy) and cannot look out - not good for eyes, especially kids.

If face road, just need to close windows but don't need to draw curtain still got outside view and windows shield off the road sound (but not MRT track!).

To be honest... my current master bedroom is just about 30m from the next unit. Can see their living and bedroom. I actually am fine opening the windows and letting others look in. I can also look over... nothing to hide... good and friendly neighbor. Furthermore, I don't spend too much wake time in room. Usually in my study or living room. Only sleep then enter bedroom... If want some privacy, then draw the blinds. It actually won't flap coz blinds are quite heavy unless its tornado!

Went to visit a condo unit two months back. Once I stepped in, the heat from evening sun simply drove us out. When I was talking with the agent in the living room, we were both perspiring. Could collect a bucket of sweat.... How to live there? So didn't buy the unit... hahaha .. If everyday must on air con, then cannot enjoy the open air and natural wind... can also move into a bombshelter to stay... just on aircon. No window...

Nice ! Can wear anything u like at home : ) unblock view n privacy is a priced feature nowadays

go al naturel? lolz..

i prefer a unit w bedrm n living rm face out.. if its not a busy road.. then its ok.. facing another unit damn sian.. nothing to look at n dun wana get caught peering at your neighbours..

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    Nice ! Can wear anything u like at home : ) unblock view n privacy is a priced feature nowadays
    Yes...that's why we bought that unit. Even though the development is OLD (21 years). The other advantage being that there are two sets of bus-stops within short walking distance. I don't want to be the driver for my kids. They can get home easily from the bus stop.

The other facing of that condo has magnificent greenery views from the balcony. But more in the West direction. The road is also in that direction. So sun and road noise are double whammy. For me, it outweighs the better greenery views. I have lesser of the greenery views but I would rather not let the sun and traffic noise into my unit.

For me must not near main road, no west sun and high floor with open view. Facing neighbours is a no no as well.

When I return home, its only me and my family, no neighbours and no hellos to anyone unless I open my main door.

Thats my ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    For me must not near main road, no west sun and high floor with open view. Facing neighbours is a no no as well.

When I return home, its only me and my family, no neighbours and no hellos to anyone unless I open my main door.

Thats my ideal.
    reality is always far from ideal

My dream home is a high floor reservoir and park facing unit totally unblocked no need curtains also can walk naked at home nobody see haa haa...

waterview stacks 12, 9, 13 and 14 comes to mind.... too bad no money

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    My dream home is a high floor reservoir and park facing unit totally unblocked no need curtains also can walk naked at home nobody see haa haa...

waterview stacks 12, 9, 13 and 14 comes to mind.... too bad no money
    sky11 another one....may catch a cold if walk ard naked

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    sky11 another one....may catch a cold if walk ard naked
    Nice one. Pity about the access (through small-ish road with old nursing home on it) and MRT not that near by (compared to Thomson 800 down the road). For that price tag, would prefer better ambience/entrance at least.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Why pay that sort of money for Sky11 to be surrounded by Toa Payoh HDB flats? Sky11 is private condo or public condo?

Nice one. Pity about the access (through small-ish road with old nursing home on it) and MRT not that near by (compared to Thomson 800 down the road). For that price tag, would prefer better ambience/entrance at least.

Why pay that sort of money for Sky11 to be surrounded by Toa Payoh HDB flats? Sky11 is private condo or public condo?
    try harder

I find the Sky11 building rather ugly too. Somehow I feel it doesn't justify the prices being asked.

I find the Sky11 building rather ugly too. Somehow I feel it doesn't justify the prices being asked.
    Tot it looks nice.... Lol

At $1600 psf, sky's the limit... No wonder its called Sky@Eleven.

Can walk easily to Toa Payoh MRT from this devt or not?

Can walk easily to Toa Payoh MRT from this devt or not?
    at 4mil each....jus take cab or buy 2-3 cars la....only ur maid walk to TPY

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    At $1600 psf, sky's the limit... No wonder its called Sky@Eleven.
    i was offered a 2x flr sky11 at 11xxpsf during 09.....no cash flow tat time.....some say might as well buy TPY HDBs nearby....but wats the px now? 1500psf average....

think the direction facing is the most impt. Direct or majority west sun (>SW/NW) is no-no. No matter how nice the view, you will end up drawing blackout curtains and switching on aircon.

the other secret i realised is that the N-S wind is true. My previous unit was W-facing. Totally unblocked cos facing park but totally windless... sun + no wind is toxic condition..

Get a true N-S unit if possible. Best if N-facing cos that is where most of the wind direction is coming from. My current unit on the 17th floor is almost true N... no air con since the day I shifted in. It felt like Genting in Nov-Dec.

Park or river view is preferred but not critical. After awhile, the noviety does decrease and it becomes filtered out of the system, just like if you are facing main road... the sound of the traffic may eventually become filtered out after while...