Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722273237 ... LastLast

Thread: Foresque Residences

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    What's the size for a normal 3bd and 4 bd ? 1200 and 1500 ?

Btw this is not "upper class bt timah" lah
    About 1180 n 14xx

2bedder vy small...abt 730...from 820k

The agt duno exact sales figure....no score board also....mabe not many units sold....

Lakefront still selling at 1kpsf? Grab lakefront better....battle of the ugly

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    were there any creative markings on the floor to say this will be the world instead of glass or have they done away with all that and show the unit as it will be.
    what u see is what u get. no glass.

Actually, nowadays, I don't even bother to argue whether that particular new development is worth buying or not.
    The trend goes like this:

A new "project A" is launched, launch at suburb and not near to amenities or mrt, launch price starts from 800 to 850 psf. People all start to curse and swear like hell and says it is ulu and pricing is Uncalled for.
    Then suddenly, it's neighbour plot launch at 1100- 1200psf. It became the "rescuer" overnight. Some forumers will start to say: oh I shld have bought "project A" , "oh bloody hell, I missed the boat "

It seems the same old comment repeats itself over and over again.
    Thats Besides the point, if I were to contribute my shallow opinion on this project, (pple who support this project can just ignore me). well, it will still appreciate. But maybe takes four years to break even or subsale to happen.
    U can wait or not? U ask yourself first. Or maybe if u r lucky, there wld be another rescuer project nearby launched at higher psf.
    Last edited by Xan; 14-05-11 at 23:42.

Well said. But only half said.

U have said that you've observed property trends and surely would agree that there are ups and down. Timing is everything.

I do see a repeat of 97 but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984

U have said that you've observed property trends and surely would agree that there are ups and down. Timing is everything.

Yap, u r observant. My fear is the peak might be near, like judgement day. Not much oil to extract in property investment.
    Assuming there's no peak (due to the scarce land logic), property price will still climb, but at a very slow pace due to current or new measures, together with unpredictable interest rate. Prolonged holding of property is still the most uncomfortable part.
    Last edited by Xan; 15-05-11 at 00:40.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984

It is not just about timing (everyone knows timing important). It is about having the guts to buy at the point of the perceived crash occurs.

And how does one know when is the bottom of the bottom? All the self professed experts will say, wait a while more.....worse is yet to come. Also to overcome the tremendous psychological barrier of losing jobs and economy collapsing anytime. How many people able and willing to put down 20% deposit at that juncture?

Went through the global financial crisis and heard a lot of such bull shit comments from people around me and also on this forum...but no action. Then come 2 years later said "Aiya, missed the boat liao".

Next, prospective buyers, please ensure you have enough holding power. At least 1 year of liquidity as backup. Means even if no jobs one still can tahan for 1 year paying all the relevant expenses.

Agree, its all about holding power, a colleague bought Herithage, had it good for awhile with 3K rental back in the 90s, then it crashed, his 3/4 mil property lost 30% of its value....he bite the bullet and bought another unit for the same price but bigger unit.....now his 1.5mil investment is worth at least 2.5mil.....

Personally I bought Jurong West leftover EA before all bull started running....only 272K! Let go at 470 k 1.5 years later after collecting 2.2K rental for a year plus....the left on the shelf JE HDB is still appreciating....but if I held on the new policy would have make it difficult to get a 2nd property, all the while agents kept telling me its impossible to get above 2k rental for the area back then, and that the price will not go above 350k, at which they have ready buyers....but do notice that historically the bottom is not as bottom as each preceeding bottom, at least this should hold in Singapore with limited land and its stable govt and economy....unless the younger generation got impatient and vote PAP out, and MBT comes out with absurb policy like having COE for property purchases.

During peak, gems can be found.

During trough, gems can be found too.

Never care what others say, just buy within your means and sell only when price is right. Ask those who bought in 97. Another crash will come and another peak will come. They call it market correction which is correct.

Current market seems to be even more uncertain than previous times. Perhaps it's at crossroad now. Need to worry about both global events and govt policies which currently seems to have the tendency to weigh down on market. Eg if they limit FT in flow how will it affect the rental mkt? Will this make 2013 even worse? Etc etc. The consideration of any purchase now is more complicated and definitely not the time to just jump into any property.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    It is not just about timing (everyone knows timing important). It is about having the guts to buy at the point of the perceived crash occurs.

And how does one know when is the bottom of the bottom? All the self professed experts will say, wait a while more.....worse is yet to come. Also to overcome the tremendous psychological barrier of losing jobs and economy collapsing anytime. How many people able and willing to put down 20% deposit at that juncture?

Went through the global financial crisis and heard a lot of such bull shit comments from people around me and also on this forum...but no action. Then come 2 years later said "Aiya, missed the boat liao".

Next, prospective buyers, please ensure you have enough holding power. At least 1 year of liquidity as backup. Means even if no jobs one still can tahan for 1 year paying all the relevant expenses.
    Don't Think the people here no action and just know how to talk down property investment. I feel some of the forumers here have at least 2 to 3 properties. In fact I even felt some of them buy properties like playing monopoly.

Most pple here are trying to point out a concern: that the pricing and measures were bizarre nowadays. For those who started property investment earlier will understand, as they hv gone thru the whole cycle.
    I remember when i buy my first property, agent brought me from levels to levels to view the units, I can even view the penthouse unit for 3 times just for fun....till now we have to hand in the stupid cheque in order to book a unit (probably contested by a group of people who are still confused of the layout and facing they are buying).

It's pretty understandable some of us obviously have not adjusted to such market trend, feel uncomfortable and begin to have doubts....and starts talking down projects with pricing they feel uncalled for.

If market is going to peak, it will not be just becoz of the price, but together with culprits like interest rate and new policies. There u go, timing plays the lead again.

Quote Originally Posted by danntbt
    ...but look at the quantum....how many can afford 1.6m and above? If they were to sell smaller unit....the PSF will definitely be higher liao...
    You are saying the psf is high at The Arte bigger unit close to 1200psf?
    Meaning mass mkt Foresque Res garden cabana units which is close to 1200psf.. 1.8-2.0m.. psf is super high lor..

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    You are saying the psf is high at The Arte bigger unit close to 1200psf?
    Meaning mass mkt Foresque Res garden cabana units which is close to 1200psf.. 1.8-2.0m.. psf is super high lor..
    .......its all about niche marketing, cabana unit is a relatively rare choice....and the Arte environmnent is not for everyone, its a busy place, after all those who can afford 1.6-1.8 m would have means to hire maid to run errands and have wheels to drive around......I would personaly settle for Mi Casa penthouse for that amount...

any sales update?

btw, the garden cabana is damn nice.....4.9m ceiling height....wif wooden deck+carpet grass patio done up for u.

wud b tempted if priced at 9xxpsf....1200psf....nxt time i sell to who? ghost? hehe

.......its all about niche marketing, cabana unit is a relatively rare choice....and the Arte environmnent is not for everyone, its a busy place, after all those who can afford 1.6-1.8 m would have means to hire maid to run errands and have wheels to drive around......I would personaly settle for Mi Casa penthouse for that amount...
    U still have enough spare change for a deposit for a 2 bedder too.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    any sales update?

btw, the garden cabana is damn nice.....4.9m ceiling height....wif wooden deck+carpet grass patio done up for u.

wud b tempted if priced at 9xxpsf....1200psf....nxt time i sell to who? ghost? hehe
    To rich PRC, People Rich Country. How normal graduates can afford this? Take median income x 5 yrs plus inflation, will not be within reach.

I was quite intrigued by the high ceiling with PES for the cabana unit. But at that quantum, they're really leaving nothing on the table eh.

BTW, Arte has a rear door and can get to coffee shop is less than 5 minutes and 15min walk to the wet market and hawker centre. 15 mins to Toa Payoh mrt stn.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    BTW, Arte has a rear door and can get to coffee shop is less than 5 minutes and 15min walk to the wet market and hawker centre. 15 mins to Toa Payoh mrt stn.
    ... I am not saying its ulu or out of reach...I did say that it is in a busy place...in any case, even if the kopitiam is at your doorstep, you would not eat there all the time....btw 15 minutes walk to MRT is far for those who are used to driving.....so they are likely to drive if they want to go to TP central, but at peak hour, it might actually be faster to walk,.....its a price to pay for being in a busy and congested location...

Sorry. I was referring to sky@eleven and not the Arte. U are right the Arte is really busy.

Sorry. I was referring to sky@eleven and not the Arte. U are right the Arte is really busy.
    sky11 ard 1600psf liao....

2xth flr offered to me at 1150psf nia

Is it reservoir view? Should have got it at that $psf.
    sky11 ard 1600psf liao....

2xth flr offered to me at 1150psf nia

Is it reservoir view? Should have got it at that $psf.
    may get to see tip of the reservoir....must be top few flr ard 30+ den get to see more water....

bo $$ at tat pt of time.....stuck in other project n stocks

wat were the sales like when u were there yesterday? 100 out of 400 sold?

any sales update?

I was also monitoring this project two years ago. The only reason that I did not go in was the size. They are very big (2000sqft) and rental can be a challenge for investment property. I still prefer the 2 bedder and min 900 sq ft.
    may get to see tip of the reservoir....must be top few flr ard 30+ den get to see more water....

bo $$ at tat pt of time.....stuck in other project n stocks

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    wat were the sales like when u were there yesterday? 100 out of 400 sold?
    cant get any sales figure....

no scoreboard aso....agt aso duno much....just say 1bedder limited edition....

2bedders seems got quite alot avail....

vy secretive.....i tink very poor sales....tats y

I was also monitoring this project two years ago. The only reason that I did not go in was the size. They are very big (2000sqft) and rental can be a challenge for investment property. I still prefer the 2 bedder and min 900 sq ft.
    sky11 is buy to stay one.....until px is right den sell off

dun bother to rent it out....i wasnt even calculating the rental yield

Do you have floorplan of Foresque?
    sky11 is buy to stay one.....until px is right den sell off

dun bother to rent it out....i wasnt even calculating the rental yield

hardcopy nia....

u go take a look lah...can admire the cabana units on the model....u will love it until u noe the price tag

I have found the powerpont slides.

This place is quite ulu, ie. not near mrt and food, ie. walking distance.
    I have found the powerpont slides.