Page 10 of 76 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152025303540 ... LastLast

Thread: Please post any Election News/Snippets/ Gossips here

Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    for the record, i do not know you and don't need to accuse you since you've done me no harm.

inference is a more appropriate word. from what i've read from you so far, can infer many things.

as you wish, i will ignore this thread from now.
    I think jumping to conclusions and assuming is more likely for you.

Hope you can infer many things from reading ST and watching CNA too.

My apologies and mistake for asking you to leave this thread.

This is a free forum for exchanging ideas, information and debate. You have the right to come and go.

Good luck.

wenqing like to say ppl shallow.....

actually wenqing just nid to keep posting relevant articles will do the job oredi.....dun try too hard la

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    wenqing like to say ppl shallow.....

actually wenqing just nid to keep posting relevant articles will do the job oredi.....dun try too hard la
    Yes Boss, sorry Boss.

I just copy and paste until someone started to do some fearmongering.

Help me to refute them Boss.

Many in the civil service still think they owe the ruling party a living just because they are being well looked after in their cushy job. I even heard of teachers being summoned by the principal into the office to be told to vote for the PAP, I am not lying coz someone close to me told me this.

Quote Originally Posted by wenqing
    I did not know it is a sin for civil service to vote Opposition.

Mrs. Fearmonger checking in here.

I do hope you are right and that if Opposition wins Bishan-TP and Aljunied, that these places don't get "penalised" in some way for it.

Let's see if the PAP can be gracious in defeat rather than playing sore loser. Let them not be short-sighted as their actions might determine the outcome in the NEXT election (not this one).

Take heed any PAP ppl who are reading this now. Your "children" have grown up now and they are not so easily put down and controlled as before. You have done a good job with their education. They can think for themselves and see the reality with their own eyes. Please treat us with respect as we are all tax payers too and deserve to have the same amenities as other Singaporeans. We are all Singaporeans after all. Make us proud to be part of a democratic society. And show us that it IS a democratic society please.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    if this happens to me .. i will report to police on the spot .. call CNA, newspaper hotline IMMEDIATELY and nail the person who said ' YOU VOTED FOR OPPOSITION "

simply becos voting is compulsory and yuor vote is a secret

they are not supposed to know

and if they do ..and use it against me ..PAP is asking for trouble should their staff ever dare to say they know
    HOORAY!!

tin tin.. hahahahaha

singaporeans MUST be able to stand up for what is Right and what is wrong ..

only dare to complain about people not giving up seats in MRT, or Macdonald's charging 10ct for warm water ...or restaurants not allowing pets etc ..

we will be doomed cos we are a nation of people who complain only the trivial-est of things and keeping quiet what that really matters
    rightly put, brother

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    to all of you, ignore the garbage propaganda in the ST and CNA that is pro PAP. Voted to have a first world parliament, have more people support in parliament and stop laws from rolling out of parliament like going for a quick toilet session. ON THE 7TH MAY, LET US ALL VOTE FOR A CHANGE !
    YAY!!!!!! history in the making..

saw Chiam n team doing their walkabout.. think at toa payoh lor 1..
    pple welcome them w open arms, dash up to them for handshakes..
    displayed utmost respect for the old man..

dpm n team in trouble liao

Many in the civil service still think they owe the ruling party a living just because they are being well looked after in their cushy job. I even heard of teachers being summoned by the principal into the office to be told to vote for the PAP, I am not lying coz someone close to me told me this.
    Of course lah... teachers and pupils all got holiday on 9 May (Monday) while the rest of Singapore has to return to work so must make sure they cross the right box lah...

Quote Originally Posted by romeo
    YAY!!!!!! history in the making..

saw Chiam n team doing their walkabout.. think at toa payoh lor 1..
    pple welcome them w open arms, dash up to them for handshakes..
    displayed utmost respect for the old man..

dpm n team in trouble liao
    Did anyone see dpm doing walkabout? Where? Or the Hen?

Looking forward to WP's rally again.

Being in the opposition is better than being apap lackey
    so u are opp lackey?

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Even if he is opp member, no need to be so aggressive. If I was wavering to vote opposition or not, I would be put off rather than encouraged to vote for them.

Anyway thanks for the assurances that the vote is secret. Have never needed to vote. So got worried when ppl reported that you are given a voting number (which suggested to me that you could be traced by that number).
    precisely, a neutral person will be put off by such behaviour

I did not know it is a sin for civil service to vote Opposition.

Contradict to popular believe in urban myth that civil servants will support PAP, there are many CS who think otherwise.....
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    so u are opp lackey?
    By your assumption, more or less can confirm u are PAP lackey!

Tot you are pretty neutral?

????

Who is the one being patronising now ?

Why are you making baseless accusations and thinking this way ?

Can't Opposition supporters copy and paste articles here and respond to baseless fearmongering ??

You have been making personal accusations without facts, and I think it is not polite.
    u are not fearmongering? u are telling ppl must vote opp or our future will be ruined!! u need a doctor........

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    By your assumption, more or less can confirm u are PAP lackey!

Tot you are pretty neutral?
    if want to vote mean lackey? so majority of sporean are lackey becos opp won only 2 seats? i support team that has capable ppl which can bring growth to spore. not a team tat attend wake to buy vote.

criticise OPP doesnt mean PAP lackey or wat la....getting so childish....LOL

to me, wenqing is a OPP lackey

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    criticise OPP doesnt mean PAP lackey or wat la....getting so childish....LOL
    Agreed on this.

Agreed! I complain about PAP because I hope they'll take my critics and change for the betterment of our country.

i dont deny PAP has done some good stuff for the country ...

but that does not mean oppositions are useless .. more of not given the chance..

what i do not like are some of the policies .. and tactics

if PAP is so confident ..what mean to re draw election boundary almost every other election ?
    its an advantage that contesters never had ..

if they sure win .. why need to 'threaten' voters with NO UPGRADING ?

all singaporeans are the children of this country

the ruling party are the Parents ..

those who support oppositions are like your rebellous children
    those who support pap are like daddy/mommy's favorite

do you as parents .. stop giving/providing (grade HDB) to your children becos they dont listen to you ??

do you as parents .. shower love and gifts to your children who 'knows how to suck up to you" ?

is this how parents should be ??

when the children all grow up .. since you have not provided them with love and care( no upgrading) ..so they dont give you allowance ..

can people who support oppositions pay tax to opposition party will them do their own up grading ??
    cannot ..cos PAP dont allow

PAP still force you to pay tax to them ..even when they DONT provide for you ..

to me ..be it PAP or Opp supoorters .. all HDBs deserves upgrading once they reach upgradable age .. regardless of whos the winning MP there ..

constantly using upgrading to buy vote..is damn disgusting .. like someone here said ..playing with the fear on the people ...

this is not right

redrawing boundary is also disgusting ... i remember many years back ..AMK was under Marine parade .... WTF ?????/

We are more concerned about government flushing our money down the toilet bowl by spending millions of excess funds on ministers' salaries and paying useless greenhorns like tin peiling tens of thousands a month for doing close to nothing
    u must also be making millions with yr superb education biz. you keep complaining abt minister high pay becos it is fund by tax payer money which include yr tax payment. but how abt parent's contribution to sustain yr million $ biz??

lets say a typical family income of $10k/mth:

gross family income=$10000/mth (take hme $8000)
    yearly income=$130000/year (include 13th mth)
    tax paid=$3000 ($250/mth)
    send kids to Regulator training centre=$1000/mth

of the $3000 yearly tax collected, say 30% is use to fund minister pay. So a typical family contributed $75 per month to fund high minister pay. On the other hand, u collect $1000 per month from your student parent.
    so you think that :
    1) minister get paid thru taxpayer’s 30% (estimate) tax contribution is not acceptable?
    2) U suck dry yr student parent $1000 (13% of net pay) per month to sustain yr million dollar income is acceptable?
    Question:
    1) So U think a minister’s job is easy then yr educator biz? U care abt yr own earning but minister has to ensure country growth. Easy task then jus give out some worksheet?
    Benefit of:
    1) Parent pay $1000 per mth for training = maybe the kid become smarter
    2) Parent pay $75 per mth to fund minister pay = safe country to live in, good job prospect, asset appreciation

Now I understand why u do lots of charity…….or u cannot sleep well for sucking dry ppl money to sustain yr million $ income (no guilty feeling??)

but that does not mean oppositions are useless .. more of not given the chance..

what i do not like are some of the policies .. and tactics

if PAP is so confident ..what mean to re draw election boundary almost every other election ?
    its an advantage that contesters never had ..

the ruling party are the Parents ..

those who support oppositions are like your rebellous children
    those who support pap are like daddy/mommy's favorite

do you as parents .. stop giving/providing (grade HDB) to your children becos they dont listen to you ??

do you as parents .. shower love and gifts to your children who 'knows how to suck up to you" ?

is this how parents should be ??

when the children all grow up .. since you have not provided them with love and care( no upgrading) ..so they dont give you allowance ..

can people who support oppositions pay tax to opposition party will them do their own up grading ??
    cannot ..cos PAP dont allow

PAP still force you to pay tax to them ..even when they DONT provide for you ..

to me ..be it PAP or Opp supoorters .. all HDBs deserves upgrading once they reach upgradable age .. regardless of whos the winning MP there ..

constantly using upgrading to buy vote..is damn disgusting .. like someone here said ..playing with the fear on the people ...

this is not right

redrawing boundary is also disgusting ... i remember many years back ..AMK was under Marine parade .... WTF ?????/
    HEAR HEAR!! I agree fully... please win on your own merits and not tactics and certainly not through piggybacking on other "old birds" .. no more GRC, no more gerrymandering!

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    if want to vote mean lackey? so majority of sporean are lackey becos opp won only 2 seats? i support team that has capable ppl which can bring growth to spore. not a team tat attend wake to buy vote.
    Bro ay123,

"Stand Corrected" for your assumption that "majority of sporean are lackey becos opp won only 2 seats..."

For your information on Year 2006 GE result

Total qualified voters for all Electorate Constituency : 2,158,704 voters
    Polls goes to Opposition : 375,143 votes or 17.38%
    Polls goes to PAP : 748,130 votes or 34.66%
    Total polls : 1,123,273 votes or 52.03%
    Uncontested votes : 1,035,431 voters or 47.97%
    As you will noticed there are about 47.97% voters did not vote at all.

Another "stand corrected" for your remark " i support team that has capable ppl which can bring growth to spore. not a team tat attend wake to buy vote."

On one hand, PAP keep encouraging overseas based Singaporeans to return back to Singapore, on the other hand, PAP questioned why WP's CSM returned back to Singapore. Mind you, one PAP's candidate just neutralised to become Singaporean in Y2008 and he did not even serve NS at all. Worst of all, his remarks seem to be belittling what NS about.

During this GE campaign, Opposition is focusing debating on policies or issues such as cost of living problems, transportation, social misalignment issues. However, see what PAP is doing now? PAP's GRC team attempt to use iPad to win votes and was late aborted.. PAP continue to use it old tricks such as character assasination to tarnish opp's candidates...

In my opinion, PAP is diverting public attention away from key election topics ... and that is "COSTS of LIVING!!!!' and "FOREIGN TALENTS"....

On TPL saga, Netizen is questioning her remarks on "Garment has heaviliy subisdies Education & Healthcare thus these two costs are low" and "Widening income gap is not government problem!" . According to MSM, it ws reported that Netizen is attacking TPL becos of her private background, age and gender and there is no mentioning about TPL's remarks on the three fundamental issues!

Well, am not trying to convine you who should you vote here and am just trying to "stand correct" some points for which MSM did not tell you.

this is not right
    Unfortunately I don't think the PAP have gotten this sentiment on board yet.

If they lose GRCs, they are likely to inflict this "punishment" on those GRCs notwithstanding that the voters did pay their taxes and also that there were amongst them those who voted for the PAP.

Unless of course they suddenly have enlightenment that they cannot and should not treat their "children" in this way. Wonder what is the chance of that?

sorry i'm supposed to avoid this thread, but this pap ninja is equally provocative as the opposition ninja.

pap exco, pls remove this ninja also.

*exits thread.

ay123 getting out of topic leh....relax la.....

but seriously, i believe majority will feel the minister's pay is really too much

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Unfortunately I don't think the PAP have gotten this sentiment on board yet.

If they lose GRCs, they are likely to inflict this "punishment" on those GRCs notwithstanding that the voters did pay their taxes and also that there were amongst them those who voted for the PAP.

Unless of course they suddenly have enlightenment that they cannot and should not treat their "children" in this way. Wonder what is the chance of that?

A Good govt is one who cares for ALL its people ...

if pap can upgrade the oppositions wards immediately after they lost that ward .. I BET their will win it on the next elections becos the people will remember the good deeds ...

If only politics is as collinear as parent child relationship! Parents have emotional attachment to kids but govt don't. Other than LBH who's retiring, and MM who cried years back, no one else that I can remember!
    Last edited by ysyap; 21-04-11 at 10:37.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    If only politics is as straight collinear as parent child relationship! Parents have emotional attachment to kids but govt don't. Other than LBH who's retiring, and MM who cried years back, no one else that I can remember!
    genuine cry cry .....ppl aso can say croc tears....

politics is really scary la....