Thread: URA launches new iPhone app

Default URA launches new iPhone app

FROM Wednesday, home buyers will have an easier time comparing prices and rentals across different private properties to make better buying decisions.

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) has launched a free app that delivers information-on-the-go about Singapore's property market. Download app here

The app - called 'Property Market Information, Singapore' - is available on both the iPhone and iPad, and provides transaction prices or rentals on different private housing projects that are searchable by project name, street name and district.

Users will be able to access the information from a map-base. Users can see the prices of all private residential units transacted in a particular area or within a certain radius of a showflat on a map.

As part of URA's efforts to enhance the property market's transparency, an Android version of the app will be made available in the fourth quarter of 2011.

URA has also enhanced its Property Market Information (PMI) eServices on the URA website to provide more information to users. Detailed information on the supply of private residential units and the the number of unsold units in new private housing projects, can be found in the eServices on the website. Access the enhanced PMI eServices at http://www.ura.gov.sg/propertyinfo

[email protected]

dled yday...quite user frenly...provide up to 2yrs data....and give flr range indication like HDB resale tx

The ipad version is very good. twice weekly updated information and more detail information.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    dled yday...quite user frenly...provide up to 2yrs data....and give flr range indication like HDB resale tx
    Where got friendly sia... On the ipad, search screen is portrait but tx history is landscape. Keep switching to n fro so stupid. Dunno who the UI designer ought to be sacked!

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Where got friendly sia... On the ipad, search screen is portrait but tx history is landscape. Keep switching to n fro so stupid. Dunno who the UI designer ought to be sacked!
    hahahaha...u got the point!

the designer take his initiative mah.....landscape fits in nicely wor....

Still prefer old format, got it loaded on my iPad, not used to it...., not that great, personally don't find it much better except data is not 24 mths...

hahahaha...u got the point!

the designer take his initiative mah.....landscape fits in nicely wor....
    I think URAnus assumes that people only pinpoint one or two properties to check up on only... Not for p punters .....

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Maybe 2 different designers, each do 1 module, project team leader just cut and add..combined..., get credit..

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Still prefer old format, got it loaded on my iPad, not used to it...., not that great, personally don't find it much better except data is not 24 mths...
    i prefer this new format wor.....at least provide more details such as flr range....2yrs past data is a bonus too....even though agts got means to check up to 5yrs i tink

Wonder if anyone inside ura actually try this, kinda of screw up portrait and landscape, quite cock up, kinda strain my neck if have to turn and turn..all the time..., problem no opposition to check on their work...

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Maybe 2 different designers, each do 1 module, project team leader just cut and add..combined..., get credit..
    1 word for URA ... A for Anal. Great talented ANALyst programmers u hv there...

Ask us to be your beta testers next time... Dont be an ass. I hold BSC in com sci...hons.... Some of us here may even be PhD... Dont pray pray

yah, yesterday launched day quite cock up. yah, the 2 additions are good, but i still miss streetsine. got floor no stack sometimes not so helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    yah, yesterday launched day quite cock up. yah, the 2 additions are good, but i still miss streetsine. got floor no stack sometimes not so helpful.
    Ya, want to improve, URA should just copy same type of date to show as streetsine; analyst really never do their homework, just follow streetsine, beautify a bit , can score A liao

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter

anyone knows why Streetsine remove the actual floor and stack transacted. Or izzit complaints by agents as the end users are more well informed than them.....
    DF

streetsine has joined the dark side. recently i received an email from streetsine, i thought what...and the email was advertising properties for sale at a condo which i queried before! weird, i query all sorts of condo, dun tell me they have collected all the data!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Foo
    anyone knows why Streetsine remove the actual floor and stack transacted. Or izzit complaints by agents as the end users are more well informed than them.....

I miss the old streetsine

Maybe kanna complain... the whole world know how much your new neighbour paid for his flat.....