Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrasse (D19, 99 years LH, MCL Land (Serangoon) Pte Ltd)

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    drop by this place last Saturday. was told 190 plus sold, dun know how true.

this one really unbelievable. living room tiles. bedrooms laminated floors. probably the cheapest floor finishing ever. and main pool facing 3bd asking $11##psf ! all the rooms are so small, after putting in a bed you will have to squeeze yourself already. and it's right at the junction of 2 main roads. then the so called landed side is one whole row of 3 storey tightly packed terraces. you can only clear them if you are at the roof terrace level of the PH unit.

why are people buying this ? cannot be the school because every kiasu parent knows the chance is very slim.
    Like I always say, Singaporeans (maybe some foreigners) can get irrational at times. The key is to stop trying to understand them. U and I just be contented with what we have can already...

I have to agree with most of the comments posted.

Enroute home, my wife and myself decided to pop in for a visit since we stayed around the vicinity. My thoughts through the visit are as below:

1. Showflat quite crowded eh.. mmm... oh wait... all leather shoes and heels, probably more agents than actual buyers.
    2. Ok, I'm right.. more agents than buyers.
    3. First impression of the model is a huge sloping parcel of land which will make very interesting landscape.
    4. Huh? One tennis court only? 400 over units sharing one tennis court?
    5. Most if not all the unit are north south orientation! with a few particular single loading stacking. Cool indeed.
    6. Basement parking. Good!
    7. Three-bedder layout not fantastic, long corridor to bedroom, master bedroom is the closest room to kitchen and living room?!?
    8. Mmmnn.. lots of ID treatment, lots of glass walls replacing actual walls.
    9. Well at least toilets are marble... oh shuck, it NOT! they are ceramic - marble look a like. For a $1100++psf unit, I don't even have marble for toilet?
    10. Should avoid the units along hougang ave 2, heavy traffic and bus stop located along ave 2 will be noisy.
    11. LED firefly light at the pond is coooooooool. but will the trend last?
    12. Agent said 70% sold and price will bee increasing soon. Okayyyy..

Overall - Not impressive. Wife got so bored that she went down to sitting area to play with her iphone. Cheap finishing material and clever ID cannot disguise the fact that it is a low value project marketing as a high value one.

As a comparision, I will go for Flamingo Valley rather than Terrasse on the basis that it is almost the same $psf, freehold compared to leasehold, better finishes and more upside!

flamin V aaso cannot touch

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    flamin V aaso cannot touch
    why? because of the cemetery next to it?

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    If it is the cementery, then buy unit located away from the cementery. The site is pretty big too.

Get new FH at $1000 psf to feel better! Even if old condo FH at $900 psf also better lah!

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Too ex for tat location

Too ex for tat location
    Agreed!!! But isn't that the trend? New launches are all testing market with high, higher and highest psf? In the not so far future, $1100 psf is the new norm in all these other parts of the island!

Terrasse in Hougang, which has been on the market since May 21, is said to have seen sales in the single-digit last week, compared with about 20 units in each of the preceding two weeks.
    The five-storey, 99-year leasehold project is priced at about $950 psf on average, with about 210 of the total 414 units now taken up, BT understands.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    Terrasse in Hougang, which has been on the market since May 21, is said to have seen sales in the single-digit last week, compared with about 20 units in each of the preceding two weeks.
    The five-storey, 99-year leasehold project is priced at about $950 psf on average, with about 210 of the total 414 units now taken up, BT understands.
    wow...market so dead last wkend...due to KBW blog?

and also due to the 2013 perfect storm headlines news and recent depressing stocks performance.

All the kiasu parents have already got their units wat.

Default they sure blamed him alright!

"DEVELOPERS and property agents reported slower home sales last week following National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan's cautionary remarks on his blog."

wow...market so dead last wkend...due to KBW blog?

its too much of a coincidence lah. all kelong conspired to say together one. or maybe ride on each other to be bears.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    and also due to the 2013 perfect storm headlines news and recent depressing stocks performance.

its too much of a coincidence lah. all kelong conspired to say together one. or maybe ride on each other to be bears.
    Also June holidays. After that, 7th month.

Prob 1 and 2 bedders w good facing mostly taken up. Discount is also lowered. More than $1.1 mil for 3 bedders n above. V hard to swallow for nearby HDB upgraders.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Prob 1 and 2 bedders w good facing mostly taken up. Discount is also lowered. More than $1.1 mil for 3 bedders n above. V hard to swallow for nearby HDB upgraders.
    At $1.1m, it may not appeal as much to the nearby HDB upgraders than those with spare cash! Doubtless to say, there are those nearby HDB upgraders with cash but not many. This project, with its brand and price, appeals more to slightly richer people eyeing to send their child to Rosyth Pri. If I'm a typical HDB upgrader with not much cash, I'll journey a little bit and get Minton instead. Much cheaper man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    At $1.1m, it may not appeal as much to the nearby HDB upgraders than those with spare cash! Doubtless to say, there are those nearby HDB upgraders with cash but not many. This project, with its brand and price, appeals more to slightly richer people eyeing to send their child to Rosyth Pri. If I'm a typical HDB upgrader with not much cash, I'll journey a little bit and get Minton instead. Much cheaper man!!!
    Let's uncover the mystery. The HDB estates over there are quite old already, around 20 years or even older. So, most owners should be around 40-50 years old of age and maybe fully paid the HDB? Hence, they only need to downpay 20% and not 40% (should be easy for their profile after years of savings in CPF and cash).. Eventually they can sell their HDB at 500k to do loan repayment. Or just keep the HDB and rent it out to pay for terrasse loan.. Sounds good isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    Let's uncover the mystery. The HDB estates over there are quite old already, around 20 years or even older. So, most owners should be around 40-50 years old of age and maybe fully paid the HDB? Hence, they only need to downpay 20% and not 40% (should be easy for their profile after years of savings in CPF and cash).. Eventually they can sell their HDB at 500k to do loan repayment. Or just keep the HDB and rent it out to pay for terrasse loan.. Sounds good isn't it?
    Well speaking on behalf of a 50 year old, not many banks are willing to lend money for more than 20 years tenure. Also, I'd not want to lock myself in another 20 years of housing loans. Rather, I'm looking towards retirement and a finance free lifestyle! If I sell my HDB for say $500k and with available cash of say $300k, I can easily pay off $800k and left with some $300k of loan which looked decent but I'll have no money for retirement and that is to a 50 year old... Hmmm.... I may be wrong but whatever!!!

Well speaking on behalf of a 50 year old, not many banks are willing to lend money for more than 20 years tenure. Also, I'd not want to lock myself in another 20 years of housing loans. Rather, I'm looking towards retirement and a finance free lifestyle! If I sell my HDB for say $500k and with available cash of say $300k, I can easily pay off $800k and left with some $300k of loan which looked decent but I'll have no money for retirement and that is to a 50 year old... Hmmm.... I may be wrong but whatever!!!
    Maybe they should then go for the 2 bedder or 2 plus study, since they probably have less need for the extra rooms/ space. The cash in hand will always come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Maybe they should then go for the 2 bedder or 2 plus study, since they probably have less need for the extra rooms/ space. The cash in hand will always come in handy.
    Yes, 2 bedder is more than meet their requirements. One room for sleeping and the other for guests or can turn into karaoke room... that is, if their kids have all moved out...

Maybe a studio is better? Less cleaning?

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Maybe a studio is better? Less cleaning?
    Still have studio left?

Still have studio left?
    Dun think so... Always first to clear... Agents can team up and buy.

Now slower take up but will clear if price is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Dun think so... Always first to clear... Agents can team up and buy.

Now slower take up but will clear if price is reasonable.
    I'm not worried if this project will be a sell out coz it will before TOP. Just don't have that mad rush like 2008.

Wonder how many unit sold already for this project?

The landscape looks quite spacious and not congested. Agree with the floor type that developer could do better...

Went to have a look just now, for 2 bedders all those facing landed sold out. Left those pool facing and facing main road.

Pricing around 1020 to 1100psf for the 2 bedders.

MCL must be laughing behind the curtains now that SL is getting all the undesirable attention and their project now looks decently priced! When will the relevant authorities step in to mediate or will they ever?

Went to have a look just now, for 2 bedders all those facing landed sold out. Left those pool facing and facing main road.

So did you grab a pool facing unit or you prefer to wait further for prices to climb further??? Or drop further???

I was tinking the 2bedder ground flr facing landed is the best buy for this project....all gone? Remember seeing sloppy pavement....so i saw one ground flr actually elevated up by almost half a floor which is goodie.