Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891419 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrasse (D19, 99 years LH, MCL Land (Serangoon) Pte Ltd)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Why u dun want to consider minton ?
    Did went down to Minton recently. But 1000+ units?!

The area is big with many facilities but the 3BR (though bigger than Terrasse, abt 1200sf) costs about $1.1mil. Facilities is nice but no pull factor for me. Just another BIG caged up communities with swimming pools. No distinct theme.

Anyway with Mr. Mah announced that they will do a review of income ceiling and might consider to push HDB income ceiling to $10k. So hopefully EC can be push to $12k.

Then I might consider buying EC. Must start low. Cannot first house jump right into private. to me its dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    bro, wat u tink of NV residence?

i tink still got 3+study facing pool which will be minimally affected by future construction
    I actually quite like NV Residences. There was a 13floor unit, slightly less than $1mil with 270 degrees unblock view! Walking distance to Whitesands and MRT.

But............

My wife dont like! So no Deal! hahahhahah she says she dont like the ideas of extra storage space under the floor. Though that was a selling point of NV.

Search me. But since I'm buying the place for her, she must like the project coz she is my priority ma.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    If you are going to stay long term, you should consider the 4-bedder. The 3-bedder seems a bit small although the layout is not bad. It seems a lot of $$$ to you now but in a few years time, when you have kids/maid etc, you will appreciate the extra space. Since your combined incomes are not bad, I think over long term should buy a bigger place. I agree being close to Rosyth is a good move for the future when you have kids. If poss, try for a unit not facing the main road (noisy).

Once your first kid is registered in Rosyth, you can consider to move out to a better location (finances permitting) nearer to the transport so that you don't have to be their chauffeur when they are in secondary sch.
    Sigh! My FIL said the door must face EAST! Good for me.

But with most of Terrasse facing N/S, abit tough to find east facing door..?!

Still thinking la. Especially after they announced reviewing income ceiling. Might just buy an EC instead of a private condo.

If they raise the ceiling for BTO and EC, then I think 99LH mass market condos got no chance to appreciate for the next 5 years.

COllection of Interest has already started!!!!

Please visit my website @ propnexlaunches.com/newlaunches/terrasse/ for more information and e-brochure download!

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    If they raise the ceiling for BTO and EC, then I think 99LH mass market condos got no chance to appreciate for the next 5 years.
    spot on... not to forget more BTO and EC's and also less inflow of foreign workers.

Max celing $20k, so the raise will be anywhere between $10k to $20k and a ideal one will be $15k (Mid Point).

I am not attempting to talk down market, just giving an honest opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    After raise ceiling, developer can priced higher for dbss/ec

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    spot on... not to forget more BTO and EC's and also less inflow of foreign workers.

Max celing $20k, so the raise will be anywhere between $10k to $20k and a ideal one will be $15k (Mid Point).

I am not attempting to talk down market, just giving an honest opinion.
    $15k is way too much lah... Govt, namely MBT will not slap himself. At $15k, it basically covers more than 70% (estimate) of all potential home buyers who'll then qualify for HDB. Remaining 30% will share remaining houses from HDB resale, new and resale condos plus landed and of course the ECs. With a record number of EC launched in 2011, take up rate will then be severely affected and so EC will be deemed a failed project. How to face the music from PM? Stand and bua gu you. He not stupid lah... At most raised to $10k. My personal feel is the ceiling will stay but he'll introd many measures and housing grants and rebates to make HDB and ECs affordable to those who are struggling with these constraints. Just my speculation...

Btw, saw full house at Terrasse showflat on Sat morning. When Singaporeans were going to the polls, many were flocking to this showflat too. Hmmm... LH still appeals and it will be these figures that might potentially push for CM5.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    $15k is way too much lah... Govt, namely MBT will not slap himself. At $15k, it basically covers more than 70% (estimate) of all potential home buyers who'll then qualify for HDB. Remaining 30% will share remaining houses from HDB resale, new and resale condos plus landed and of course the ECs. With a record number of EC launched in 2011, take up rate will then be severely affected and so EC will be deemed a failed project. How to face the music from PM? Stand and bua gu you. He not stupid lah... At most raised to $10k. My personal feel is the ceiling will stay but he'll introd many measures and housing grants and rebates to make HDB and ECs affordable to those who are struggling with these constraints. Just my speculation...
    We should play a game of guessing here.

When they came up with 8k, what was the median income per household then?

Compare it with current level and regularise it. 12k more likely as currently already 10k right? Same with EC Liao?

We should play a game of guessing here.

When they came up with 8k, what was the median income per household then?

Compare it with current level and regularise it. 12k more likely as currently already 10k right? Same with EC Liao?
    Dbss/ec 10k
    Hdb bto 8k

For RT la

Quote Originally Posted by wacko
    point 12 is funny... especially with full condo facilities.

point 12 is funny... especially with full condo facilities.
    Its more like 15 mins walk...

Dbss/ec 10k
    Hdb bto 8k
    Agreed and maybe will have more financial aid and rebates like reno rebates, etc for EC @ $10k. Just my guess...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Its more like 15 mins walk...
    well, what amused me was that they are advertising easy access to public recreational facilities, when the whole point of full facility condo is to have their own recreational facilities.

subtle way of saying insufficent facilities ???

well, what amused me was that they are advertising easy access to public recreational facilities, when the whole point of full facility condo is to have their own recreational facilities.

They are just being nice... in case the gym equipments are spoilt and the pool is under renovation, there are always nearby (Near???) options available.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    subtle way of saying insufficent facilities ???
    does sound ironic doesn't it? it's kind of like going to a restaurant, and on the first page of the menu it states "The roast duck is delicious, BUT we don't have it, you have to go to the next door restaurant."

It's more like "Our duck is delicious, but the one next door is better".

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    It's more like "Our duck is delicious, but the one next door is better".
    Yeah....anyway condo gym can nvr be as well equiped n big as those commercial gyms.....condo pool can nvr be as good as public pool due to depth

Yeah....anyway condo gym can nvr be as well equiped n big as those commercial gyms.....condo pool can nvr be as good as public pool due to depth
    the vegetables not fresh.

outside got more variety.

Preview at serangoon community club tomorrow. Are they trying to hid something?
    the vegetables not fresh.

outside got more variety.

I have seen some older condos...their pools 1.5 -1.8m deep and 50m long...some lagi older ones have lanes as well...even better than public pool...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    I have seen some older condos...their pools 1.5 -1.8m deep and 50m long...some lagi older ones have lanes as well...even better than public pool...
    Tats nice....care to share the project names?

Tats nice....care to share the project names?
    Braddell View is one.

How's the response for today preview?

What's the selling like for today preview?

Quote Originally Posted by devon_wh
    How's the response for today preview?
    Seems to sell like hot cakes! Wait for newspaper report

Very crowded showflat. As of this afternoon, abt 60% phase 1 sold, n some phase 2 pre sold. Psf abt $1000.

No MRT, No views, low rise devt., 99 yr LH. $1,000 psf. Wow!