Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrasse (D19, 99 years LH, MCL Land (Serangoon) Pte Ltd)

If talking about new launches near MRT in D19, only a few options to consider.
    1. Kovan Residence (Expected TOP in Sept 2011). Can find subsale below $1000 psf but only for larger units. Size of 3 bedders all much more than 1000 sq ft. Just outside MRT. But not FH.
    2. Scala (TOP still long time maybe 2013). Cannot match your below $1000 psf so waiting eager for KBW to act? Just outside MRT. But not FH.
    3. Urban Residence (TOP about 2013). Cannot match your below $1000 psf. Now about $1100+ psf so waiting for KBW to act? Also maybe slightly further than 700m from MRT. This is FH.
    4. The Vue (TOP about 2014). At $1300+ psf, it is way off your below $1000psf so no point waiting for KBW to act. It is within 1km from Bartley MRT. This is FH.
    5. La Dolce Vita (TOP in 2012). Cannot match your below $1000 psf but hovering at about $1100 psf so can wait for KBW to act. It is within 700m from Bartley MRT. This is FH.
    6. 57@Kovan (TOP in 2012). At $1200+ psf, its way off your below $1000psf so no point waiting for KBW to act. It is within 1km from Kovan MRT and size are all above 1000 sq ft for 3bedders so also don't fit your requirements.

So according to my analysis, no units meet all your requirements but the one that are closest are Kovan Residence (NOT FH) and La Dolce Vita (Not small area - typically about !300+ sq ft for 3 bedders) (think all 2 bedders sold out le). That is to the best of my knowledge.

Less than 5 years condo also not many in market so how?
    1. Kovana (about 3 years old) but most units are bigger than 1000 sq ft asking at slightly above $1000 psf but sure can negotiate. Its FH.
    2. Kovan Melody (5 years old le) and most 3 bedders are above 1000 sq ft. Price can just meet $1000 psf if negotiate aggressively. Its not FH.
    Last edited by ysyap; 24-05-11 at 10:28.

Default From BT today

MCL Land has sold 150 of the 200 units it has released at its 414-unit Terrasse condo in Hougang.
    'Before we began sales last Saturday (May 21), we had intended to release only 120 units initially. But because demand was strong, we released another 80,' said MCL chief executive Koh Teck Chuan. The average price for the 99-year leasehold, five-storey development is $950 psf. The cheapest unit in the project costs $580,000 for a 506 sq ft one-bedroom unit on the second floor, which works out to $1,146 psf.
    The development also has two to four bedders as well as nine five-bedroom penthouses of about 2,217 sq ft each costing up to $1.85 million ($834 psf). MCL has released four of the five-bedroom penthouses, of which two have been sold. The developer has yet to release 15 garden duplex units of about 2,490 sq ft each spread over the ground and basement levels.
    'At most recent launches in the market, enquiries tend to be concentrated on the smallest units, but for Terrasse, we've seen strong response across the board, including our four-bedders and five-bedroom penthouses,' said Mr Koh.

About 90 per cent of Terrasse buyers are Singaporeans and permanent residents. Sixty per cent of buyers have HDB addresses, many of them within three to five kilometres of the project.
    The project's design affords views of either a water feature or swimming pool for nearly 80 per cent of the units.
    The project will include a tennis court, a multipurpose court as well as three clubhouses.

most probably the buyers are from kiasuparents.com haa haa...

i still dun feel it is rational to buy within 1km of a school which requires balloting.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    most probably the buyers are from kiasuparents.com haa haa...

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.straitstimes.com/Money/St...ry_671924.html

May 24, 2011

More than 150 units of Terrasse condo sold

By Esther Teo, Property Reporter

ENCOURAGING home sales continued over the weekend with MCL Land's Terrasse in Hougang finding buyers for more than 150 apartments.

The homes at the 414-unit project in Hougang Avenue 2, whose preview started on Saturday, were sold at an average price of $950 per sq ft (psf).

The 99-year leasehold project has homes ranging from 506 sq ft one-bedders to five-bedroom penthouses of about 2,210 sq ft. Ground-level garden duplexes have yet to be released.

The Straits Times understands that a one-bedder will start from $580,000 while a five-bedroom penthouse will start from $1.85 million.

All unit types received even interest, with 90 per cent of the buyers locals and permanent residents. The rest were foreigners from countries including Malaysia and China.

Far East Organization also saw 30 units across its properties snapped up by home buyers last week, excluding sales at Eight Courtyards in Yishun.

Its Waterfront collection in Bedok Reservoir - Waterfront Isle, Waterfront Key and Waterfront Gold - sold 15 units in total while The Greenwood and Suncottages sold two units each.

Woodhaven in Woodlands and Seastrand in Pasir Ris will start sales in the first and second half of next month respectively, The Straits Times understands. Online marketing material suggests Seastrand prices will start from $850 psf. Woodhaven's average price will range from $900 to $1,000 psf. These prices do not factor in any possible early bird preview discounts.

On the public housing front, this year's first executive condo launch, Belysa in Pasir Ris, had attracted 520 e-applications as of 8.30pm yesterday. This is about 1.7 times the number of units in the 315-unit project at the junction of Pasir Ris Drive 1 and Elias Road, which experts say is a healthy figure.

Belysa - illumination in Swedish - will offer only three- and four-bedroom apartments to cater to three-generational living. Priced at an average of $670 psf, the indicative price of an 829 sq ft three-bedder starts from $574,000 while a 1,335 sq ft four-bedder starts from $882,000. Sales bookings for units will start tomorrow.

Experts say buying interest is still healthy for projects that are reasonably priced and in a good location.

PropNex chief executive Mohamed Ismail said buyers have begun to accept that prices - especially in mature estates, even in suburban areas - can be about $1,000 psf. 'This demand is coming from owner-occupiers and mid- to long-term investors... There is also a good number of HDB upgraders in the market,' he added.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    So is it fully sold now or still having that remnant floating in the market? Its been nearly 4 or 5 months already. Not hearing alot about it in recent weeks though!!!
    It is fully sold within 1 mth of VVIP launch.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    It is fully sold within 1 mth of VVIP launch.
    Nice to hear that... just further proves that Singaporeans are super resilient to economic twists and turns... I gave this project a miss coz of the fact that kitchen has no windows... oops! But the penthouse swimming pools look really inviting...

If talking about new launches near MRT in D19, only a few options to consider.
    1. Kovan Residence (Expected TOP in Sept 2011). Can find subsale below $1000 psf but only for larger units. Size of 3 bedders all much more than 1000 sq ft. Just outside MRT. But not FH.
    2. Scala (TOP still long time maybe 2013). Cannot match your below $1000 psf so waiting eager for KBW to act? Just outside MRT. But not FH.
    3. Urban Residence (TOP about 2013). Cannot match your below $1000 psf. Now about $1100+ psf so waiting for KBW to act? Also maybe slightly further than 700m from MRT. This is FH.
    4. The Vue (TOP about 2014). At $1300+ psf, it is way off your below $1000psf so no point waiting for KBW to act. It is within 1km from Bartley MRT. This is FH.
    5. La Dolce Vita (TOP in 2012). Cannot match your below $1000 psf but hovering at about $1100 psf so can wait for KBW to act. It is within 700m from Bartley MRT. This is FH.
    6. 57@Kovan (TOP in 2012). At $1200+ psf, its way off your below $1000psf so no point waiting for KBW to act. It is within 1km from Kovan MRT and size are all above 1000 sq ft for 3bedders so also don't fit your requirements.

So according to my analysis, no units meet all your requirements but the one that are closest are Kovan Residence (NOT FH) and La Dolce Vita (Not small area - typically about !300+ sq ft for 3 bedders) (think all 2 bedders sold out le). That is to the best of my knowledge.

Less than 5 years condo also not many in market so how?
    1. Kovana (about 3 years old) but most units are bigger than 1000 sq ft asking at slightly above $1000 psf but sure can negotiate. Its FH.
    2. Kovan Melody (5 years old le) and most 3 bedders are above 1000 sq ft. Price can just meet $1000 psf if negotiate aggressively. Its not FH.
    Are you an agent? Impressive! La Dolce Vita is under my consideration. what abt Glasgow, 813 sanctuary, Primo residences, d pavilon subsales? any chance or no chance? Fat hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    Are you an agent? Impressive! La Dolce Vita is under my consideration. what abt Glasgow, 813 sanctuary, Primo residences, d pavilon subsales? any chance or no chance? Fat hope?
    Hahaha!!! I'm no agent... Just a regular buyer... did my homework over last 2 yrs and actually bought 2 units le... well,

Glasgow is certainly in no man's land so also not under your consideration.

813 sanctuary is just like 57@Kovan with high psf, also above $1000psf but generally smaller units. Think only 1 bedder and 2 bedders. Only 57@Kovan has 3 bedders but 813 sanctuary has pool but not for 57@ Kovan.

Primo Residences also in no man's land although slightly nearer to civilization than Glasgow so don't think will fit either. More than 700m from Kovan MRT. Its 999 years.

D Pavilion is actually very attractive. All units sold (think even the remaining 2 penthouses) but prices are definitely higher than your asking. Made an offer but rejected coz developers then had great holding power (MCL). Now TOP le so no subsale, just resale and prices have shot through the roof. My comments for this unit is the front stacks are simply too close to Upper Serangoon Road so can get quite noisy unless use aircon when sleeping. The back units facing the green pasture is really good but has a bit of afternoon sun. . Then again D Pavilion is slightly more than 700m from both Serangoon and Kovan MRT.

As I said, for new launches, Kovan Residence and La Dolce Vita both have the best fit for your requirements. For non new launches, Kovana should offer the best fit le... Well if you need reference for agent for LDV, I can help. Again I'm no agent just a regular buyer.

All the best in your scouting...

Hahaha!!! I'm no agent... Just a regular buyer... did my homework over last 2 yrs and actually bought 2 units le... well,

Glasgow is certainly in no man's land so also not under your consideration.

All the best in your scouting...
    Sorry for my ignorance, what is no man's land?

Sorry for my ignorance, what is no man's land?
    Sorry... I meant places which are pretty inaccessible from either bus or MRT. Glasgow is certain there. Primo is slightly better with available buses.

Sorry... I meant places which are pretty inaccessible from either bus or MRT. Glasgow is certain there. Primo is slightly better with available buses.
    Agent told me Primo is FH and less than 700m from MRT and shelthered walk all the way. Have not seen the location yet but this is one of her recommendations. I rejected because price above my 1kpsf budget. Glasgow is inside landed area so it is quiet, but you are right, very inaccessible

Agent told me Primo is FH and less than 700m from MRT and shelthered walk all the way. Have not seen the location yet but this is one of her recommendations. I rejected because price above my 1kpsf budget. Glasgow is inside landed area so it is quiet, but you are right, very inaccessible
    Well it is always wise to go down and see for yourself. Agents always say near near near but actually when I go and see, its far far far. Think 700m is direct distance (displacement). Think have to walk zig zag to Kovan MRT so in the end more than 1km. Yes it is currently asking at $1100+ psf. Think there is currently a fire sale... can check it out!

Well it is always wise to go down and see for yourself. Agents always say near near near but actually when I go and see, its far far far. Think 700m is direct distance (displacement). Think have to walk zig zag to Kovan MRT so in the end more than 1km. Yes it is currently asking at $1100+ psf. Think there is currently a fire sale... can check it out!
    wow fire sales, where did u get the info? This project worth consider?

you mean this? Worth the price? above my budget leh...
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...imo-residences
    Last edited by Montaigne; 24-05-11 at 18:54.

I will prefer Primo becos of the vicinity which is near landed and not far from mrt and kovan mall. I understand a teacher bought it when it was first launched. I think she would have not regretted if she is still holding on to it.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    I will prefer Primo becos of the vicinity which is near landed and not far from mrt and kovan mall. I understand a teacher bought it when it was first launched. I think she would have not regretted if she is still holding on to it.
    OIC, Terrasse and primo which is a better buy? Both about the same psf, one is new launch and the other is subsale now. I am stalking terrasse but no guts to pull the trigger.

Ok, just let me share a bit as i got a unit in Primo and i did my homework before buying.

Yes, Primo is located near landed home on one side but on the other side, its facing HDB.
    Luckily its not very near to HDB as its seperated by a small road and a small drain.

It takes abt 10 mins (shld be slightly less than 700m) to walk to Kovan MRT and able to walk directly there instead of zig-zag. As for shelter walkway, I do not think there is but the direct way is to walk underneath HDBs void decks (if u considered this shelltered walkway, haha) But you will still need to cross a road that is without shelter and u will reach the Mac there. Then its shelter again then thru the shophses.

Actually I don't feel Primo is at no man's land and i feel its quite convenient as its near to Hougang Ave 1 HDB.
    There's a market just across the road which is impt for your mktg needs.
    Theres a few coffee shops at the HDB blks near Primo to to satisfy your hunger pangs.
    If you r looking for NTUC, nearerst one shld be the Kovan one but will prob take you 15 mins if u r walking there.

There's a park beside primo thus that side is not blocked.
    Theres a direct bus after the park No. 53 if you are going to Nex but not sure hw long it will take as never try before.
    I think its going by Lorong Ah Soo.

Hi,

Glad that you've shared. My main concern about such projects would be the distance between the blocks facing each other. Both Primo and Terrasse has this problem. What I've garnered so far:

Advantages of Terrasse: Great design, good size, tennis court, nice pool plus firefly gimmick.
    Disadv: 99 LH, distant from MRT, short distance between blocks facing each other.

Advantage of Primo: Freehold, beside park, nearer to Kovan Mrt and central.
    Disadv: Lots of MM units in the development, no tennis court except for a small swimming pool, extremely close distance between blocks facing each other.

The deciding factor might be the price now. I wonder which one has more room for capital appreciation? Or should I wait patiently since I have already waited for so long? Price is dropping anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity
    Ok, just let me share a bit as i got a unit in Primo and i did my homework before buying.

Yes, Primo is located near landed home on one side but on the other side, its facing HDB.
    Luckily its not very near to HDB as its seperated by a small road and a small drain.

It takes abt 10 mins (shld be slightly less than 700m) to walk to Kovan MRT and able to walk directly there instead of zig-zag. As for shelter walkway, I do not think there is but the direct way is to walk underneath HDBs void decks (if u considered this shelltered walkway, haha) But you will still need to cross a road that is without shelter and u will reach the Mac there. Then its shelter again then thru the shophses.

Actually I don't feel Primo is at no man's land and i feel its quite convenient as its near to Hougang Ave 1 HDB.
    There's a market just across the road which is impt for your mktg needs.
    Theres a few coffee shops at the HDB blks near Primo to to satisfy your hunger pangs.
    If you r looking for NTUC, nearerst one shld be the Kovan one but will prob take you 15 mins if u r walking there.

There's a park beside primo thus that side is not blocked.
    Theres a direct bus after the park No. 53 if you are going to Nex but not sure hw long it will take as never try before.
    I think its going by Lorong Ah Soo.

freehold for long term capital appreciation... that's a no brainer...

This one freehold at Kovan near MRT is also good
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...unch-kovan-mrt

wow fire sales, where did u get the info? This project worth consider?

you mean this? Worth the price? above my budget leh...
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...imo-residences
    Yes that's the one... not sure if its taken already. Do something nasty... just call the agent and let him persuade you to buy. You may dig out a lot of stuff which you might not be aware of... . If you ask me, I don't really fancy this place because

1. The units are slightly too small for my family of 6. Even with 3 bedrooms, its still pretty small except the penthouses!
    2. The psf is a little too steep for me.
    3. The drive into the development is a long one... walking might even be faster!!!

Let me balance up by adding the good points.

1. It is within walking distance to Heartland Mall although I thought it may be quite a long walk.
    2. A nice park nearby to walk your dog or take your kids to after work.3. 3. Quiet environment. As I mentioned, like those units along the road in D Pavilion are really unbearable!!!

Ultimately its how comfortable you are. Is it love at first sight??? Make a trip down to look at the environment before deciding.. Personally I also won't go for Terrasee... . I finally decided on the project you said initially you were considering!!!
    Last edited by ysyap; 24-05-11 at 22:11.

This one freehold at Kovan near MRT is also good
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...unch-kovan-mrt
    Any idea where exactly is this place? Agent may say near MRT but their idea of near may not be universally agreed!!! It gan gan hoot $1300 psf (This is the same psf for Nin Residence at which is 3 stops nearer to city)! Personally I'm apprehensive! If at that psf, I'll gladly go for Kovan Residence.. much nearer to MRT and cheaper in psf! Just make sure you sell within next 8 years when times are good and run with the profit!!!

About 400 m from MRT. Very quiet landed area. Maybe I should switch my job to property agent.

So many 99LH condos are being bought. 8 years later everybody wants to sell. Interesting.

About 400 m from MRT. Very quiet landed area. Maybe I should switch my job to property agent.

So many 99LH condos are being bought. 8 years later everybody wants to sell. Interesting.
    8 years is probably the longest time an owner can stretch if still want to make a decent profit!!! 400m from MRT is decent, about 5 mins stroll! Haven't seen the layout but at 580sq ft for a 2 bedders, don't think its very spacious! Some 1 bedder has larger area!

However, it is pretty close to many amenities so no problem there!

What about the Waterline also selling at$1kpsf as compared to terrasse. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by yyly1327
    What about the Waterline also selling at$1kpsf as compared to terrasse. Any advice?
    Both are very near to each other so in terms of location, about the same. I don't fancy this location. Anyway, Waterline is FH but Terrasse is LH. However, Terrasse is slightly nearer to main road so more accessible as compared with Waterline but also more noisy for some of the units as compared with Waterline! Also, think Waterline is slightly more expensive!!! Just my personal opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    new launches in good locations all holding back first, all these lousy projects in lousy locations will help to create momentum for the high prices of condos in better locations
    That means even higher prices to come.

Yesterday news mentioned Singapore population must continue to grow to support housing supply, more FT and rich foreigners coming in eventually.

Actually glasgow is not very far from kovan mrt, just not sure what is the distance. It is located right at e top surrounded by landed place, so e view must be quite nice. I stay quite near there.

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    Actually glasgow is not very far from kovan mrt, just not sure what is the distance. It is located right at e top surrounded by landed place, so e view must be quite nice. I stay quite near there.
    Far is always relative. Some people walk 2 km every morning to work or take a bus or something and they are in the habit of taking that sort of distance so no issue. Some complain even when bus stop is 200m down the road. However, some are older folks with walking difficulties so can't make that long walk. Bottomline, you must be comfortable with that kind of distance at least for the next 10 years...

Yes that's the one... not sure if its taken already. Do something nasty... just call the agent and let him persuade you to buy. You may dig out a lot of stuff which you might not be aware of... . If you ask me, I don't really fancy this place because

1. The units are slightly too small for my family of 6. Even with 3 bedrooms, its still pretty small except the penthouses!
    2. The psf is a little too steep for me.
    3. The drive into the development is a long one... walking might even be faster!!!

Let me balance up by adding the good points.

1. It is within walking distance to Heartland Mall although I thought it may be quite a long walk.
    2. A nice park nearby to walk your dog or take your kids to after work.3. 3. Quiet environment. As I mentioned, like those units along the road in D Pavilion are really unbearable!!!

Ultimately its how comfortable you are. Is it love at first sight??? Make a trip down to look at the environment before deciding.. Personally I also won't go for Terrasee... . I finally decided on the project you said initially you were considering!!!
    So you bought La Dolce Vita? Congrats! I am still procastinating and always changing choices...