Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrasse (D19, 99 years LH, MCL Land (Serangoon) Pte Ltd)

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    got 2 bus stops(plenty of buses) and got supermarket n a couple of kopi shops located at the HDBs nearby (about 5-7mins walk)....got bird n aquairum shops there

they nid to increase the size by 100-150sqft and reduce px by 100psf den reasonable
    15 min walk to chomp chomp also

got 2 bus stops(plenty of buses) and got supermarket n a couple of kopi shops located at the HDBs nearby (about 5-7mins walk)....got bird n aquairum shops there

they nid to increase the size by 100-150sqft and reduce px by 100psf den reasonable
    I think they need to re-design some of the layout for better utilisation of space too!

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    15 min walk to chomp chomp also
    Huh??? Really?......You brisk walk ah????

Quote Originally Posted by 5577
    15 mins to start turning into chomp chomp!!! I think 25 mins is more decent!!!

I visited the showflat last weekend and it was packed with people!!! Guess many are trying to buy buy buy before the next round of CM comes around.

Looking at the chart that the agent showed me when I first arrived, about 50% were already sold. Based on the response, I thought I would be looking at some really nice layout with decent enough fittings and finishing. But to my disappointment, the layout of the showflats there were not really that ideal. Although there isn't any bay windows, there was a lot of wasted space in the master bedroom, master bath and balcony. The materials for the flooring are such disappointment too! (Imagine laminates, porceleine and ceramic tilings.) The location is also not fantastic. No mrt nearby and only 1 good school around....

Conclusion: Not a fantastic deal at today's pricing.
    People buy coz its MCL. They forgot that interior finishings are important factors when buying a home! They thought MCL is their stamp of guarantee!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    People buy coz its MCL. They forgot that interior finishings are important factors when buying a home! They thought MCL is their stamp of guarantee!!!
    I can understand if people are buying because of a reputable developer. But why can't they see the shortcomings of the layout design and materials at the showroom?

I can understand if people are buying because of a reputable developer. But why can't they see the shortcomings of the layout design and materials at the showroom?
    The buyers are simply KIASU..
    Rushing into a few hundred thousands debt without thinking twice....

Quote Originally Posted by devon_wh
    The buyers are simply KIASU..
    Rushing into a few hundred thousands debt without thinking twice....
    Maybe they are cash rich and just want to prevent their $$$ from erosion by inflation????

is sprinting :P

Material wise I think still seems quite ok. Eg the homogeneous tiles looks like higher grades (I'm not an expert though, just based on impression.) I visited 8CY then this project on same day. Can notice the contrast in quality.

Homogeneous tiles easier to take care and last better than marble. Marble is porous and easily stained by all sorts of liquids if one doesn't clean in time.

Unless, one is super rich and got maid to polish now and then, seriously don't see the need for marble. I rather developer spend more on the landscaping and carpark lots.

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    Homogeneous tiles easier to take care and last better than marble. Marble is porous and easily stained by all sorts of liquids if one doesn't clean in time.

Unless, one is super rich and got maid to polish now and then, seriously don't see the need for marble. I rather developer spend more on the landscaping and carpark lots.
    U certainly sounds like an agt

I really cant tahan agts giving lame excuses like homogeneous tiles easy to maintain n laminated flooring non scratchable

Just so lame...cut cost just say so lah...hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    Material wise I think still seems quite ok. Eg the homogeneous tiles looks like higher grades (I'm not an expert though, just based on impression.) I visited 8CY then this project on same day. Can notice the contrast in quality.
    Komodo,

Were you told by the agent that they use homogeneous tiles? The agent who served us told us porcelain tiles and ceramic tiles.....

But I agree that homogeneous tiles require lesser care... Just that for the location and price one is paying for....... It is not worth the $$$$$

I really cant tahan agts giving lame excuses like homogeneous tiles easy to maintain n laminated flooring non scratchable

Devilplate,

Laminates really CMI, man! But homogenuos tiles really dun scratch that easy lah... Of cos it is dirt cheap compared to marble lah....

Komodo,

Were you told by the agent that they use homogeneous tiles? The agent who served us told us porcelain tiles and ceramic tiles.....

But I agree that homogeneous tiles require lesser care... Just that for the location and price one is paying for....... It is not worth the $$$$$
    I really hate homogeneous tiles....big ugly gap between each tile....after 1-2yrs, surely become black n dirty....8woodleigh unforuntately using ugly brown colored homo tiles....but px quite ok...jus close both eyes n buy .....prefer at least compressed marble for me

I really hate homogeneous tiles....big ugly gap between each tile....after 1-2yrs, surely become black n dirty....8woodleigh unforuntatelynusing ugly brown colored homo tiles....but px quite ok...jus close both eyes n buy .....prefer at least compressed marble for me
    Devilplate,

There are ways to get round the dirty accumulation.....

I had dark brown homogenous tiles that resemble very rough stone tiles in my kitchen for a resort feel. We just use a very dark color grout to blend in with the tile color.... No issue at all.

Devilplate,

There are ways to get round the dirty accumulation.....

I had dark brown homogenous tiles that resemble very rough stone tiles in my kitchen for a resort feel. We just use a very dark color grout to blend in with the tile color.... No issue at all.
    Yes tat provided u use dark colored homo tiles....but developermusually give light colored tiles....oh ya, 8wood i tink using brownish grout

Yes tat provided u use dark colored homo tiles....but developermusually give light colored tiles....oh ya, 8wood i tink using brownish grout
    Then not much problem for u then!

Congrats, u just insulted most singaporeans who live in HDB using homogeneous tiles and all the buyers of 8courtyards.

I am not agent. If I have tonnes of money, I will hire maid and people to polish my tiles weekly, but I am not since I am looking at suburbia properties.

So may I ask how often you shine your marble tiles? Marble needs regular polishing to maintain its shine.

No point having an Aston Martin and only polish it once a year, same goes for those who pride their marble tiles and leave it to fade and stain.

There are reasons why certain materials are gaining popularity due to our hectic lifestyle.

Maybe you are a housewife that spends time polishing marble? Or maybe I should assume u run a marble polishing company that polishes marble, that's why we can safely assume you support marble for your business.

Don't assume and point fingers at people. Ask politely in future.

To save you your pride, here's my answer again, " No, I am not an agent."

U r buying a 1kpsf project n definitely deserve better...

8cy initial launch 7xxpsf...den tiles not so bad la

Cut cost is the obvious reason for developer...

If developer give u an option between marble n tiles....will u choose tiles?

Btw, i renovated a whole hse n i use tiles....haha bcoz its cheap n cost less den half compared to marble ....somemore i m renting it out...haha

Btw, someone mentioned it's porcelain tiles for terrasse. Let's not confuse the readers. How does porcelain tiles work? Will crack like porcelain vase or not?

U r buying a 1kpsf project n definitely deserve better...

8cy initial launch 7xxpsf...den tiles not so bad la

Cut cost is the obvious reason for developer...

If developer give u an option between marble n tiles....will u choose tiles?

If they knock off some % off the price, I will take homo tiles. I like value for money.

If they knock off some % off the price, I will take homo tiles. I like value for money.
    Yes...but this project is overpriced n yet give tiles...

Btw, someone mentioned it's porcelain tiles for terrasse. Let's not confuse the readers. How does porcelain tiles work? Will crack like porcelain vase or not?
    That's exactly what I ask the agent when she said porcelain tiles!

But who cares? I'm definitely not interested in it.

That's exactly what I ask the agent when she said porcelain tiles!

But who cares? I'm definitely not interested in it.
    Sis, looks like u r window shopping last wkend..hehe

Which project is next?

Welcome to waterfront isle, luxurious marble awaits you.

you can choose your marble theme and your bathroom style.

Cool

marble definitely has the classier look but u have to look after it well with regular mopping of the floor with good detergent for marble flooring.no need to polish your marble tiles.
    homo tiles or procelain tiles still acceptable.
    the worse is laminated flooring for the bedrooms.this is complete cheapskate n it drags down the whole image of the project imo..

Nowadays, where got so good to find Ai Pi Ai Qi Gou Ai Dua Liap Ni...

Sis, looks like u r window shopping last wkend..hehe

Which project is next?
    Ahahaha....sort of... actually, I was out with another couple who was looking for a second property to be their residence.

We were looking out for a development that gives them the best feel and deal at today's pricing. A tough thing to do! I suppose the hunt will go on for a while!

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Welcome to waterfront isle, luxurious marble awaits you.

you can choose your marble theme and your bathroom style.
    Ahahahaa, Azeo!

Very tempting but you know what, I hate cleaning! Especially the bathroom!!!!!