Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feng Shui?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    definitely hazardous living near to power station....but my qn is condo substation which may or may not pose a health threat
    Some say power station = Fire, since u invest in ppty = Earth, if unit got NE facing u got = Wind… Earth, Wind & Fire u get ready for Boogie Wonderland.

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    i have been observing this lately. The developers are getting smart with unit 4. It is usually the smallest unit or the one with the worst facing. Generally the least preferred unit, so as not the screw up the potential of their better units.....

Anyone observed this too?
    I seen some giving better layout for stack 4 wor, win some loss some.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Substation generates magnetic field when stepping voltages from high to low. Hence, it may not be good for people and there are lots of research findings on health effect from overheads high tension cables.
    I'm unsure of the reports but I understand that magnetic field is commonly used in medical field and even installed in beds to enhance blood circulation.
    The overheads high tension cables are designed to reduce the current flowing in those cables and with a low current, the magnetic field generated around those cables is generally weak so might not be very accurate to say overhead high tensio cables have high magnetic influences on people. However, there might well be some truth in the substation as strong magnetic field is produced in stepping down of voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    From my observation, only developer's sales makes a difference. You would be surprised in the resale market, hardly any difference because supply is scarce for some projects -and the buyer cannot "choose" or "wait" for auspicious numbers.
    I know of a unit #04-04 from an old condo (resale) that could not sell for more than a year. I was so tempted to take it until I realised the unit number and feared for the resale value in future. Although I don't mind, I mind that others mind so no choice have to let go!!!

U buy cheaper, u sell cheaper lor. Anyway, fengshui is a very subjective thing lah. If u believe in it, then just do it. No point buying something and then everyday lose sleep. So I think all these fengshui discussion is moot. If u believe in it, then just engage fengshui master and buy all the auspicious numbers. If u dun, then buy less auspicious numbers and can still make money.

And the silliest thing is to compare 8th floor with 4th floor and say there is a difference. Becos 8th floor is higher than 4th floor lah. U can only compare different stacks - whether stack 8 always fetch a premium price. For resale, I can tell u, sometimes no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    I know of a unit #04-04 from an old condo (resale) that could not sell for more than a year. I was so tempted to take it until I realised the unit number and feared for the resale value in future. Although I don't mind, I mind that others mind so no choice have to let go!!!

Whack 4d this week

The medium tension cable has to be step down to 415V before it can distribution to condo in 3 phase (3 live wires: red, yellow and blue plus black (neutral)). Each household will receive a 240V which is combination of either red and black, yellow and black or blue and black. People in the UK is suing the garment for having cancer becos of the overhead HT cable above their house.
    from my googling, cant find any conclusive studies on substation within our condos....

it all depends on the voltage and amps? how to check how much voltage a particular condo substation is producing? wats the guideline which is within the healthy/safe range for humans?

Are you referring to ultrasonic wave? Like ultrascan for foetus in the mother's womb.
    Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    I'm unsure of the reports but I understand that magnetic field is commonly used in medical field and even installed in beds to enhance blood circulation.
    The overheads high tension cables are designed to reduce the current flowing in those cables and with a low current, the magnetic field generated around those cables is generally weak so might not be very accurate to say overhead high tensio cables have high magnetic influences on people. However, there might well be some truth in the substation as strong magnetic field is produced in stepping down of voltage.

The medium tension cable has to be step down to 415V before it can distribution to condo in 3 phase (3 live wires: red, yellow and blue plus black (neutral)). Each household will receive a 240V which is combination of either red and black, yellow and black or blue and black. People in the UK is suing the garment for having cancer becos of the overhead HT cable above their house.
    so meaning? dun choose unit next to substation within a condo development? den how far away is safe enough?

Not worth it even it is cheaper. Difficult to sell later.
    so meaning? dun choose unit next to substation within a condo development? den how far away is safe enough?

Not worth it even it is cheaper. Difficult to sell later.
    usually dun hf special discount given to those facing/near substation....first time i notice 10% discount....anyway all sold out oredi....buyer still prefer bargain deals

Saw some articles on web on this issue

http://weeksmd.com/?p=424

http://www..com/buying-a-house-near-...-cause-cancer/

http://www.midtod.com/9603/voltage.phtml

I know of two new landed properties that are not sold becos they are next to the substation. If they have choices around there, they will take it.
    usually dun hf special discount given to those facing/near substation....first time i notice 10% discount....anyway all sold out oredi....buyer still prefer bargain deals

I know of two new landed properties that are not sold becos they are next to the substation. If they have choices around there, they will take it.
    U can find Feng Shui books in Popular bookshop by Joey Yap.

http://www.joeyyap.com/fengshui/article.asp?ArID=419

Extracts:

"Pesky pylons

Many people, even those who are not into feng shui, will refuse to buy a house near pylon. Now, the common fallacy is that pylons are a sharp object and thus are a bad feng shui.

Like I have said in the past, sharp is not the sale criteria to determine good or bad.

Generally, pylons are not a favorable feature to have near your home but cannot say as a blanket rule that a pylon is always bad.

So in what instances is at a problem to have a pylon near your house?

Firstly, if it is very near your property, then a pylon is a problem. By neat, I mean it is within immediate proximity (around 500 meters) of your house. Secondly, look at which sector it is located in. if it is in the East Sector for example, then at is affecting Zhen Gua.

The Zhen Gua trigram among other things relates to the eldest son. So if your family consists entirely of girls, then this pylon is not a major case for concern. See how sneeringly scary Sha Qi can turn out to be not scary after all?

A Sha Qi feature like a pylon is only a cause for concern if the Gua of the sector tells you that someone in that house is likely to be affected by the negative feature in that sector.

If someone who lives in the house is affected, then you have a problem. If the Sha Qi affects a non-existent resident (like an eldest son in a family full of girls), then the problem is not major. Finally, pylons are regarded as Fire element, so if it is located in a sector that is suitable for a Fire element, the pylon is not dangerous or negative.

In feng shui, besides the forms in the environment, and the dynamic nature of Qi, we must also consider the residents of the property, the people using the house.

If there's a flu bug going around, but you have the flu shot, you probably don't need to be scared. Similarly, if a type of Sha Qi is present, but doesn't affect any of the residents, it's not a big deal."

looks like landed buyers r more choosy....buying landed its an ART

Landed is very different from condos. It is best to buy old one and reconstruct it.
    looks like landed buyers r more choosy....buying landed its an ART

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    i have been observing this lately. The developers are getting smart with unit 4. It is usually the smallest unit or the one with the worst facing. Generally the least preferred unit, so as not the screw up the potential of their better units.....

Anyone observed this too?
    I think the developer should build in such a way that Unit 4 should have a better view because some people might prefer to have a better view than to worry about the No 4.

If the view is no good plus the unit no. is 4, we can imagine how will the sales like?

There is a corner landed at Chuan Villa that have not been sold for a very long time till now. Some say that house has bad fengshui due to its triangular plot of land.