Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: One Leicester (D13, Freehold, by Centrepoint Homes)

Quote Originally Posted by beetroot111
    I'm looking to buy a 3-BR unit for own stay. Please contact via PM should you have any unit for sale. Thanks.
    Yeah, OL the best among Dist 13 condo. Full facilitiess, 3 min walk to MRT stn. Only Condo status in Leicester rd community. Fantastic city view for 2Beders. Great bargain buy for those in 2006 launch period ,easily 250-300 psf gain.

Default OL

Wonder why OL near MRT,shops,amenities,sch....etc yet price didn't go up to $900psf?
    OSM not so near mrt yet can fetch above $900psf???

Quote Originally Posted by tan
    Wonder why OL near MRT,shops,amenities,sch....etc yet price didn't go up to $900psf?

I agree OL location is quite ideal. Near to MRT, only thing is the traffic.
    But OSM also faces the traffic problem. Location nothing to shout about. Neither here or there

OSM just TOPed and thus should fetch a slight premium. I agree that OL location is better in terms of MRT.

I agree OL location is quite ideal. Near to MRT, only thing is the traffic.
    But OSM also faces the traffic problem. Location nothing to shout about. Neither here or there

Correction. The highest transaction is $914 psf for OL unit. Also not many transactions because there are not many willing sellers for OL unit after TOP. I guess most bought to stay because of convenience of MRT and being so near to city. Many also bought for their children's schooling. (St Andrew Village, Cedar Girl, Maris Stella etc).

Sure $914 psf? happy! which unit/stack,3rms?? where do u get the info?
    The ura latest transaction r only $844psf le!

Quote Originally Posted by qianfugui
    Correction. The highest transaction is $914 psf for OL unit. Also not many transactions because there are not many willing sellers for OL unit after TOP. I guess most bought to stay because of convenience of MRT and being so near to city. Many also bought for their children's schooling. (St Andrew Village, Cedar Girl, Maris Stella etc).

Sure $914 psf? happy! which unit/stack,3rms?? where do u get the info?
    The ura latest transaction r only $844psf le!
    This was in 2008 (think Aug/Sept) before the Lehman Brothers calamity.
    3 bedders on high floor.

OL should be able to fetch higher. Blossoms @ woodleigh, down the road, already hit $950 psf recently.

places like jurong and other suburban projects already talking about 1k plus psf, u guys still talking about below 1kpsf, are u guys sleeping?

Quote Originally Posted by alibaba123
    OL should be able to fetch higher. Blossoms @ woodleigh, down the road, already hit $950 psf recently.
    I did receive call from agent every now and then but No one else is selling in OL. Where to find a FH full facility condo with less than 100m to MRT stn just at the city fringe where you can see Flyer, Marina Bay Sand IR, Orchard centre, ION residences.

Those who did have done it earlier last year 2009 and just after TOP 2008. Many probably regretted selling too early if not can fetch much higher price now.

2008! so long ago.....
    Now the transaction in OL only $845psf (latest)....hope someone can sell abv $900psf to push up the price.

This was in 2008 (think Aug/Sept) before the Lehman Brothers calamity.
    3 bedders on high floor.

Wah lau, OL can't even make it past 900psf? I bet those people living in Jurong must be laughing their heads off at prices of property in the city fringe. Properties in your neighbouring estate in St Michael are already seeing 1100psf so there must be something very wrong with the area where OL sits.

2008! so long ago.....
    Now the transaction in OL only $845psf (latest)....hope someone can sell abv $900psf to push up the price.

Wah lau, OL can't even make it past 900psf? I bet those people living in Jurong must be laughing their heads off at prices of property in the city fringe. Properties in your neighbouring estate in St Michael are already seeing 1100psf so there must be something very wrong with the area where OL sits.
    Or shows that OL owners got a good deal and not some MM units at over $1K psf.

2-3 bedders are valued by banks at 900 to more than 1k psf in St Michael area, not MM units. I do not have vested interest in these two areas, but I have made my point starkly before that St Michael is a better area than Leicester and the price movement in St Michael area has proven I have made a good judgement in the past.

Or shows that OL owners got a good deal and not some MM units at over $1K psf.

2-3 bedders are valued by banks at 900 to more than 1k psf in St Michael area, not MM units. I do not have vested interest in these two areas, but I have made my point starkly before that St Michael is a better area than Leicester and the price movement in St Michael area has proven I have made a good judgement in the past.
    Hi Regulators,

Remember you only take 5 minutes to super-walk from BH to Boon Keng MRT.
    Are you so sure that Ulu inaccesible areas in St Michael (other than the MM in Airstream) are are selling 900 -1100 psf. Don't lied here leh. How can you not have vested interest in these area ? Your every words in different threads are being watch.

Everybody know you in this forum as the famous Beacon Height (BH) king who will talk down all your neighbours except yourself. Ask the folks in OSM thread, you so classified them as the guard house to your beloved BH.

Last edited by qianfugui; 05-01-10 at 13:39.

All info is on the web. Go and check the prices of new projects in St Michael and you can see it for yourself. If I can find a 3 bedder selling at more than 900psf, can i say that you deserve to slap urself again for not knowing ur vicinity well? i can still remember you saying moonstone is nearer to st michael than leicester and toa payoh is more than 2km from Mar Thoma Rd, so before you embarrass urself any further, i think you should check things thoroughly before arguing with people inthis forum.

Hi Regulators,

Are you so sure that Ulu inaccesible areas in St Michael (other than the MM in Airstream) are are selling 900 -1100 psf. Don't lied here leh. How can you not have vested interest in these area ? Your every words in different threads are being watch.

Everybody know you in this forum as the famous Beacon Height (BH) king who will talk down all your neighbours except yourself. Ask the folks in OSM thread, you so classified them as the guard house to your beloved BH.

Price is going up for OL,latest transcation is $870psf now....price should should be over $900psf after cny.
    Can OL view the fireworks on new eve?

Hi Regulators,

Never like St Michael area, I was looking at a enbloc site there when I was working for a developer, I was quite disgusted with the traffic condition there. Worse thing is that there are no other options to go home other than via the crowded serangoon road. Price should not be the only factor to prove the desirability of an area.

No vested interest in both area too, but I do like Leicester area better than St Michael area.

Peace/

You are right. Recently TOP City Regency penthouse MM unit sold at 635k or 1228psf. St Michael's does have upside potential, esp when this is reached before VT, BH nor AS is up.

I am expecting the sub 500sf MM's to hit no less than 1350psf within the year.

congrats in making the right choice. you can laugh ur way to the bank when u have sold ur unit.

You are right. Recently TOP City Regency penthouse MM unit sold at 635k or 1228psf. St Michael's does have upside potential, esp when this is reached before VT, BH nor AS is up.

I am expecting the sub 500sf MM's to hit no less than 1350psf within the year.

Price is going up for OL,latest transcation is $870psf now....price should should be over $900psf after cny.
    Can OL view the fireworks on new eve?
    Yes, Firework seen on new year eve ! With Parc Ashton near TOP (end 2010) and Woodsville 28 coming up very nicely by end 2010, the entire Leicester and Woodsville close area look very exclusive and private enclave by itself. Best part of it is so accessible by MRT and public transport compared to St Michael area. Once out of PP MRT, turn left and you see all those condo and apartments within 1 - 3 minutes of slow walk. No wonder tenancy rate of 30% for OL.

I also love the proximity of the MRT to Leicester Rd area, however, it is still part of D13. D12 is part of the new golden child in recent reports, along with Toa Payoh, Balestier etc. I am not sure if D13 will get to that point anytime soon...

u r rite, d13 is after all d13. How can d13 be cmpared to d12? Pty is also a numbers game
    I also love the proximity of the MRT to Leicester Rd area, however, it is still part of D13. D12 is part of the new golden child in recent reports, along with Toa Payoh, Balestier etc. I am not sure if D13 will get to that point anytime soon...

st michael is so convenient and so near town. even though MRT is not 3 to 5 mins away, but 10 mins walk is not that bad. at least around boon keng MRT station, there are so many amenities. DBS, UOB banks, boon tong kee, a few chinese restaurants, a huge hawker centre, wet market, numerous clinics, post office etc

we get to view spectacular fireworks and can even see the ones at vivo city and ion (during the opening)

some may think that OSM looks like a guardhouse but at least we do not have to walk too deep inside the other developments at st michael's road

i was offered $1000psf for my unit when TOP. but i didnt want to sell it cos i do not think i can get anything at the price i got for OSM with such convenience and view.

some may say the traffic is bad... but honestly... at least we are centralized and saved a lot of time travelling from one place to another. there are other places with traffic jams too... not only this area. things may improve after the woodsville interchange is ready

Yes, Firework seen on new year eve ! With Parc Ashton near TOP (end 2010) and Woodsville 28 coming up very nicely by end 2010, the entire Leicester and Woodsville close area look very exclusive and private enclave by itself. Best part of it is so accessible by MRT and public transport compared to St Michael area. Once out of PP MRT, turn left and you see all those condo and apartments within 1 - 3 minutes of slow walk. No wonder tenancy rate of 30% for OL.

Quote Originally Posted by absolutwild
    st michael is so convenient and so near town. even though MRT is not 3 to 5 mins away, but 10 mins walk is not that bad. at least around boon keng MRT station, there are so many amenities. DBS, UOB banks, boon tong kee, a few chinese restaurants, a huge hawker centre, wet market, numerous clinics, post office etc

we get to view spectacular fireworks and can even see the ones at vivo city and ion (during the opening)

some may think that OSM looks like a guardhouse but at least we do not have to walk too deep inside the other developments at st michael's road

i was offered $1000psf for my unit when TOP. but i didnt want to sell it cos i do not think i can get anything at the price i got for OSM with such convenience and view.

some may say the traffic is bad... but honestly... at least we are centralized and saved a lot of time travelling from one place to another. there are other places with traffic jams too... not only this area. things may improve after the woodsville interchange is ready
    In St Michael area, OSM I think is the best nearest to main road more accessible. Worst is the deep inside area where BH is. Very cluttered and crowded. When the New Riviera 38 (26 sty) and Riverbay (25 sty) are completed in that Mar Thoma area, can you imagine the traffic from Airstream, St Michael Regency, Callista, Vetro, Elysia, St Michael condo, Beacon Height, Riviera 38, Riverbay, Not forgetting City Regency, Sunsville, Rio XXX apt etc. Wow at least 15-16 condo/ apartments in that area.

No wonder Mr Regulator named OSM the guard house because it is the best in the St Michael area.

haha... i like you already!

there is another way to drive to st michael's road (from st george's road) through the HDB estate.

having stayed here for a few months, to be honest, there isnt traffic jam everyday like many said

Quote Originally Posted by alamak
    In St Michael area, OSM I think is the best nearest to main road more accessible. Worst is the deep inside area where BH is. Very cluttered and crowded. When the New Riviera 38 (26 sty) and Riverbay (25 sty) are completed in that Mar Thoma area, can you imagine the traffic from Airstream, St Michael Regency, Callista, Vetro, Elysia, St Michael condo, Beacon Height, Riviera 38, Riverbay, Not forgetting City Regency, Sunsville, Rio XXX apt etc. Wow at least 15-16 condo/ apartments in that area.

No wonder Mr Regulator named OSM the guard house because it is the best in the St Michael area.

Weekend traffic worst due to Church service...

Wondering your taste for good locations. How can you consider a guardhouse just beside Serangoon Rd to be a better location? I can suggest the privatisation of the entire St Michael Rd and have OSM residents taking turns to do guard duty (possibly collecting entry charges). Just need to convert a ground floor unit into a guard HQ . Was not my intention to talk about OSM again, but since you brought it up.

if there is any consolation, at least OSM is in a better location and has a better district number than OL.

just need a little of enlightenment... what do you mean beside serangoon road and not a better location?

Wondering your taste for good locations. How can you consider a guardhouse just beside Serangoon Rd to be a better location? I can suggest the privatisation of the entire St Michael Rd and have OSM residents taking turns to do guard duty (possibly collecting entry charges). Just need to convert a ground floor unit into a guard HQ . Was not my intention to talk about OSM again, but since you brought it up.