Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: One Leicester (D13, Freehold, by Centrepoint Homes)

Wrong thread to talk OSM and BH here.

Anyway Mr Regulator never has any good thing to say about other. Yeah BH is the best in St Michael area surrounded by 17 other condo. He has super walking leg to reach Boon Keng Stn in 5 minutes of casual walking while others will sweat profusely in 15 minutes. He has been untold umpteen time to remain in his BH cocoon.

stop talking cock lah...there are plenty of projects that are better than OL. I dont live in, dont own and dont intend to live along these two god forsaken stretches (Leicester Rd and St Michael). I am simply analysing properties in that area as I have done with many other properties in Singapore (i.e. bt timah, jurong, west coast, hillview etc etc). I personally feel BH is in a more exclusive part of St michael than OSM (thus better) and distance between osm and mrt and bh and mrt is similar. As for OL, it is in a lousier district compared to OSM and BH and in terms of value of properties in D12 and D13, of course D12 would fetch higher, needless to say. Between D12 and D13, it is a no brainer for people to choose D12 if prices are similar. You do not need to get too personal when i say that you do not know your own area well, coz i think you still havent improved much since the last time you were lambasted hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by qianfugui
    Wrong thread to talk OSM and BH here.

Anyway Mr Regulator never has any good thing to say about other. Yeah BH is the best in St Michael area surrounded by 17 other condo. He has super walking leg to reach Boon Keng Stn in 5 minutes of casual walking while others will sweat profusely in 15 minutes. He has been untold umpteen time to remain in his BH cocoon.

It is meaningless to compare properties in specific districts per se, without looking at the more unique attributes governing the actual location of the properties. It is just a numbers game with little practical value, especially when we talk about properties in adjoining and relatively close knit districts with similar attributes.

Quote Originally Posted by hamster67
    It is meaningless to compare properties in specific districts per se, without looking at the more unique attributes governing the actual location of the properties. It is just a numbers game with little practical value, especially when we talk about properties in adjoining and relatively close knit districts with similar attributes.
    Great 1st post
    I also dun bother abt what district this... what district that... just a number for reference. Juz look at Cube 8... it is D11 but next to D12

A marketing guy would love these stuff to hoodwink a less advanced buyer for higher margins

A district number is not just a number. D11 and 12; D12 and 13; D21 and 23 may be side by side, but as far as pricing is concerned, there is a difference. Even a novice in property would know that district numbers play a crucial role in pricing whether a project is 10 yards or 500 yards from each other. As far as I am concerned, if prices being equal, I will go D11 to D12, D12 to D13, D9 to D8 and D10 to D11 and D21 to D22 and D23... One district number difference is a lot of difference in property terms. Trizon in Mt Sinai may be neither here nor there when it comes to amenities but it is still priced at $1500psf and just slightly cheaper than Parvis behind Holland V simply because it is in D10. D14 is redlight but D15 is not, D8 is cheapo parapoondek town but D9 is high class and upmarket and the list goes on......Anyone can criticise D12 for all they want, but it will still be more upmarket than D13.

Quote Originally Posted by scsc
    Great 1st post
    I also dun bother abt what district this... what district that... just a number for reference. Juz look at Cube 8... it is D11 but next to D12

A marketing guy would love these stuff to hoodwink a less advanced buyer for higher margins

Quote Originally Posted by scsc
    Great 1st post

It is never about consumer perceptions. It is about price price price. Pricing is tightly bound to District numbers. Just look at River Valley vs MacKenzie vs Tong Watt. All District 9 but very different environment. Enuff said.

Default y bother

Don't need to bother how others criticize or comment about OL or OSM or....
    Is our $$ as long as we r happy and comfortable,we can invest or buy any district we want.

Good news, Ura transactions record, OL $927psf now....

What is the big deal with $927 psf? Jurong is already selling at 9xxpsf...

Quote Originally Posted by tan
    Don't need to bother how others criticize or comment about OL or OSM or....
    Is our $$ as long as we r happy and comfortable,we can invest or buy any district we want.

Good news, Ura transactions record, OL $927psf now....

The following is extracted from URA site, even Jurong has put OL to shame....

THE LAKESHORE JURONG WEST STREET 41Condominium11,150,0001,184Strata971Jul-09

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by wkang1970, 5 February 2010 8.31 am
    ... but ... but ... but ...
    District-22 99-years-LH The Lakeshore has a very big pool while District-13 FH One Leicester has not.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of October 2008
    Project Name .. Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    The Lakeshore . OCR ....... 6 ........................... 1,038 ........ 865 ............. 743

The Lakeshore
    Address ..................................... psf ............ Area ........... Price ........... Contract Date
    31 Jurong West Street 41 #12-20 .... $971 psf .... 1,184 sqft .... $1,150,000 .... 15 Jul 09

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    ... but ... but ... but ...
    District-22 99-years-LH The Lakeshore has a very big pool while District-13 FH One Leicester has not.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of October 2008
    Project Name .. Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    The Lakeshore . OCR ....... 6 ........................... 1,038 ........ 865 ............. 743

The Lakeshore
    Address ..................................... psf ............ Area ........... Price ........... Contract Date
    31 Jurong West Street 41 #12-20 .... $971 psf .... 1,184 sqft .... $1,150,000 .... 15 Jul 09
    Not true leh. OL has a full 50m adult pool plus spa pool and children water play area, actually much better than OSM.

For TOP projects, Lakeshore doing better than OL speaks a lot about the location of the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by alamak
    Not true leh. OL has a full 50m adult pool plus spa pool and children water play area, actually much better than OSM.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    For TOP projects, Lakeshore doing better than OL speaks a lot about the location of the latter.
    Yoh Yoh Mr Regulator,

How can a Jurong area (dist 22) apart from Lakeshore be better than D12-13 (City-fringe area , 10 min to CBD) ? No Jurong (D22) can't be better than my D12 (BH) but definitely far better than D13 (OL) lah ? You seems to contradict yourself all over the place and seems extremely "project bias" too (D12 is good but only for BH only b'cos BH is better than OSM ) ? Reading your posts really make people doubt your credibility and your logic of argument.

No wonder you call yourself alamak . Did I say D22 is better than D13 OL in my best? I was trying to say that the fact that Lakeshore can do better than OL in terms of pricing speaks a lot about the location of OL, meaning, people are more inclined to paying good money for a location like jurong rather than a D13 freehold in potong pasir. This fact alone speaks something about the location of OL and the market is doing the talking, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by alamak
    Yoh Yoh Mr Regulator,

How can a Jurong area (dist 22) apart from Lakeshore be better than D12-13 (City-fringe area , 10 min to CBD) ? No Jurong (D22) can't be better than my D12 (BH) but definitely far better than D13 (OL) lah ? You seems to contradict yourself all over the place and seems extremely "project bias" too (D12 is good but only for BH only b'cos BH is better than OSM ) ? Reading your posts really make people doubt your credibility and your logic of argument.

A very central location, a very nice place with good potential for future public housing (Bidari Cemtery) and commercial development (Potong Pasir MRT). District 12 (St Michael, Whampoa, Balestier, Toa Payoh ) is already saturated and slightly cluttered in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Way_I_See_It
    A very central location, a very nice place with good potential for future public housing (Bidari Cemtery) and commercial development (Potong Pasir MRT). District 12 (St Michael, Whampoa, Balestier, Toa Payoh ) is already saturated and slightly cluttered in my opinion.
    D13 does have a nice laidback feel when I walk about the vicinity. However, I stand to my statement that prices (especially of new developments) are very much still attached to district numbers. That's the rule of the game and nature of the market. When banks perform valuation, they don't go and walk about to have a 'feel' of the estate I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    D13 does have a nice laidback feel when I walk about the vicinity. However, I stand to my statement that prices (especially of new developments) are very much still attached to district numbers. That's the rule of the game and nature of the market. When banks perform valuation, they don't go and walk about to have a 'feel' of the estate I believe.
    Agreed with you. This is the last of the city-fringe pocket of untapped area which will benefit from future "upside" potential. I suspect the Bidarri area will be earmarked for some exclusive landmark public and private housings.

Agreed with you. This is the last of the city-fringe pocket of untapped area which will benefit from future "upside" potential. I suspect the Bidarri area will be earmarked for some exclusive landmark public and private housings.
    Already slated for HDB flats.

http://habitatnews.nus.edu.sg/pub/na...text/a101a.htm

But even if HDB, it would make quite a bit of difference whether it is the HDB rental flats, standard flats, premium kind (like Duxton).

With or without development for that plot, it will always be bidadari cemetary (former or present) , a place where hantus dwell

With or without development for that plot, it will always be bidadari cemetary (former or present) , a place where hantus dwell
    Ya la... will take quite a while (maybe a decade) before public forgets. Eg. Bishan

If you can still quote me bishan as an example, it means that it will never be forgotten

Ya la... will take quite a while (maybe a decade) before public forgets. Eg. Bishan

If you can still quote me bishan as an example, it means that it will never be forgotten
    Ya... we oldies (oops haha) will remember... but the teens may not know ma.

Extracts from Geomancy.Net :-

1. For the Chinese, many of our burial sites (past, present) have been Feng Shuied as being very auspicious sites.

2. This is because many Chinese since the Ching and Ming dynasty, it is said that burying ancestors in choice sites will bring good luck for the decendants.

3. However, there is only one twist, a good burial site does not always remain excellent sites. For example, the surroundings may be altered by man e.g. construction, removal of soil, ploughing down a hill or mountain; to make way for construction etc...

4. In Singapore, for example, in the past, many of the best auspicious sites were chosen for burial:

5.1 For example: Orchard road - opposite Tangs / Marriot hotel. The current site where the Orchard road MRT is; used to be an auspicious burial site.

5.2 Bishan - parts of bishan: this used to be an auspicious burial site.

5.3 Yishun and Tampines - these used to be auspicious site. In fact, my grandfather was buried at an auspicious site in Tampines. But it was repossessed by the government in the 1970's and rebuilt.

6. Often, if all the graves are properly exhumed and clear of any of them, such sites can be habited by humans (yang Feng Shui). And will still be auspicious.

7. It is said that there is no issue with living close to the dead. More so, if they live a long life and die of old age etc....

8. Frankly, I do not see an issue; for some people, who prefer to live close to grave sites.

9. In fact, this is very common for churches. Where, the dead are often buried at grounds next to the church. If there is such a `sin' of having it close to people, then, it is more in one's mind than anything else.

In Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan and China; many grave sites are chosen as they had good Feng Shui.

The premise is that the Chinese felt that if their ancestors are buried in good sites; this will dwell well with their decendants. Thus many parts of Singapore be it Yishun (Teochew cemetry); Old Bedok Road; Aljunied, Orchard Road, Bishan all used to have cemetries - on "auspicious sites.

Last edited by sleek; 12-02-10 at 12:58.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Get your relatives or anyone you know that are getting married to conduct their wedding ceremony in a cemetary and tell them what you just told the forumers here. I think we all know what kind of response you will get....

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    Extracts from Geomancy.Net :-

1. For the Chinese, many of our burial sites (past, present) have been Feng Shuied as being very auspicious sites.

2. This is because many Chinese since the Ching and Ming dynasty, it is said that burying ancestors in choice sites will bring good luck for the decendants.

3. However, there is only one twist, a good burial site does not always remain excellent sites. For example, the surroundings may be altered by man e.g. construction, removal of soil, ploughing down a hill or mountain; to make way for construction etc...

4. In Singapore, for example, in the past, many of the best auspicious sites were chosen for burial:

5.1 For example: Orchard road - opposite Tangs / Marriot hotel. The current site where the Orchard road MRT is; used to be an auspicious burial site.

5.2 Bishan - parts of bishan: this used to be an auspicious burial site.

5.3 Yishun and Tampines - these used to be auspicious site. In fact, my grandfather was buried at an auspicious site in Tampines. But it was repossessed by the government in the 1970's and rebuilt.

6. Often, if all the graves are properly exhumed and clear of any of them, such sites can be habited by humans (yang Feng Shui). And will still be auspicious.

7. It is said that there is no issue with living close to the dead. More so, if they live a long life and die of old age etc....

8. Frankly, I do not see an issue; for some people, who prefer to live close to grave sites.

9. In fact, this is very common for churches. Where, the dead are often buried at grounds next to the church. If there is such a `sin' of having it close to people, then, it is more in one's mind than anything else.

In Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan and China; many grave sites are chosen as they had good Feng Shui.

The premise is that the Chinese felt that if their ancestors are buried in good sites; this will dwell well with their decendants. Thus many parts of Singapore be it Yishun (Teochew cemetry); Old Bedok Road; Aljunied, Orchard Road, Bishan all used to have cemetries - on "auspicious sites.

Very interesting findings! Thanks...

So means if MRT crash in Orchard station all the dead and buried there will be very auspicious for the offsprings...

That article must be written by someone why lives near a cemetary . There is simply no way living in a place with too much "ying qi" can be good for people who thrive on "yang qi". There has to be a balance of ying and yang and cemetary land has too much ying qi and it is no good for the living. So a feng shui master telling you that living near cemetary is good is sheer bullcrap.

Very interesting findings! Thanks...

So means if MRT crash in Orchard station all the dead and buried there will be very auspicious for the offsprings...

That article must be written by someone why lives near a cemetary . There is simply no way living in a place with too much "ying qi" can be good for people who thrive on "yang qi". There has to be a balance of ying and yang and cemetary land has too much ying qi and it is no good for the living. So a feng shui master telling you that living near cemetary is good is sheer bullcrap.
    One of the GCB area is right beside Bukit Brown Cemetery.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Sigh... why so much bla..bla.. abt cemetry...
    That's a place for the dead to rest and go back to mother Earth...

Earth everywhere are burial grounds of living creatures (dinosaurs & ants included). Just live in harmony & love each other.. Peace will surround us..

Not unless u did some bad deeds or harbour evil intentions