Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: One Leicester (D13, Freehold, by Centrepoint Homes)

Default OL

Latest transaction for OL is $940psf....
    Btw, hv heard that the plot of land behind the Potong pasir Mrt is going to convert into commercial building in future....any idea where can I get the actual info?

Default election??

Does anyone know when the election held?

CST has withdraw so I guess PAP should win this round and price for Potong pasir district should go up......

Quote Originally Posted by tan
    Does anyone know when the election held?

CST has withdraw so I guess PAP should win this round and price for Potong pasir district should go up......
    Think its almost definite that Mrs CST will contest PP, so she may still get the support of the residents. Especially so, if CST is not successful in BTP GRC, then PP will still have him working in the background.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Mmm...by d way do u have any idea when is the next election?Should be this year right?

Latest transaction for OL is $940psf....
    Btw, hv heard that the plot of land behind the Potong pasir Mrt is going to convert into commercial building in future....any idea where can I get the actual info?
    its confirmed...go to URA and check Masterplan.

Mmm...by d way do u have any idea when is the next election?Should be this year right?
    Govt had just announced very good Q1 results, so should be anytime now, or perhaps when PM is back from US. You never know.

Quote Originally Posted by den04
    Hi, do u mean master plan 2008? can't find le...where should i search?

Do you mean by the empty land next to potong pasir mrt, Pheng Geck ave? That one is sold as residential project.

That 'commercial project' which I've heard of is behind MRT, opp of Pheng Geck Ave, near to Woodville28. Any idea abt this plot of land?

Hi, do u mean master plan 2008? can't find le...where should i search?
    URA Masterplan 2008

Default One Leicester hit above $1,071 psf

Latest caveats from URA (April 2010) show a unit 904 sq ft sold for $1,070 psf.
    Last edited by The_Way_I_See_It; 14-05-10 at 12:40.

Default OL psf hit above 1,050

Not a surprise at all, given the excellent location, FH status, 2 minutes MRT (NE Line and Circle line ), Full Condo facilities, 2 minutes to ST Andrew Junior, St Andrew Secondary, ST Andrew JC, Cedar Girl Secondary, Cedar Primary, 2 Km to Maris Stella ???. Not many willing sellers unless buyers are willing to pay premium now > 1,000 psf.

Where to find under $1,000 psf now ???

Do you mean by the empty land next to potong pasir mrt, Pheng Geck ave? That one is sold as residential project.

That 'commercial project' which I've heard of is behind MRT, opp of Pheng Geck Ave, near to Woodville28. Any idea abt this plot of land?
    It is quite obvious and people are just lazy to check URA Masterplan?

There's a big patch of grass between the MRT and PP town centre. Its designed for commerical development in the URA masterplan 2008.

This site used to house a temporarily showflat and during elections / festivals used for various purpose.

I believe there is much potential for pty in this area to rise further after the Election due to this plot of land

ya la..D13 is seriously undervalued...city fringe RCR location with no major resistance...but OL 2bedder facing PIE lor...

if simei or boonlay new launches ard 1kpsf...D13 shd be 1.1 to 1.2kpsf

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    ya la..D13 is seriously undervalued...city fringe RCR location with no major resistance...but OL 2bedder facing PIE lor...

if simei or boonlay new launches ard 1kpsf...D13 shd be 1.1 to 1.2kpsf
    Watch out for the bidding for the GLS plot near OL (Upper Serangoon/ Pheng Guat Ave) just next to Potong Pasir MRT. I believe this is a very hot spot for Developers. Tender close end June.

Not surprise if developers will bid above mkt rate ppsf and eventually sell at above 1,100 - 1200 psf.

Potong Pasir is hot hot because it is the area now , Within NE Line and Within Circle line access .. if you talk about distance-based travelling, it is almost at the centre ....

Quote Originally Posted by qianfugui
    Watch out for the bidding for the GLS plot near OL (Upper Serangoon/ Pheng Guat Ave) just next to Potong Pasir MRT. I believe this is a very hot spot for Developers. Tender close end June.

Not surprise if developers will bid above mkt rate ppsf and eventually sell at above 1,100 - 1200 psf.

Potong Pasir is hot hot because it is the area now , Within NE Line and Within Circle line access .. if you talk about distance-based travelling, it is almost at the centre ....
    6June tender closing

i guess cud be 600-650psf ppr for the winning bid!!!

now agts r busy scouting for sellers in D13 and 8wood...haha

There's a big patch of grass between the MRT and PP town centre. Its designed for commerical development in the URA masterplan 2008.

This site used to house a temporarily showflat and during elections / festivals used for various purpose.

I believe there is much potential for pty in this area to rise further after the Election due to this plot of land
    I've even heard that the whole potong pasir estate may be redeveloped. Not impossible as the estate looks rather old and run down. It certainly has a lot of potential being located pretty near to city.

That is becos it has been largely ignored. The estate has not changed much over the last 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    I've even heard that the whole potong pasir estate may be redeveloped. Not impossible as the estate looks rather old and run down. It certainly has a lot of potential being located pretty near to city.

den 04, I'm not lazy to check the masterplan....I've checked more than 10 times but just can't understand the drawing ,no specification or details of the development.
    I've a unit in OL ,of course I'm very keen to check the potong pasir development,when the election date,when will announce the commercial plot....etc. so I can sell my unit at the right time with a good price.
    Thanks for the info anyway.

Hi guys,

I am looking at the OL among some other dev and would like to know whether there is a serious lack of amenties in Potong Pasir area? Seems like the nearest supermart is in the petrol kiosk itself? Any coffeeshops nearby as in within 400-500m?

Quote Originally Posted by KC76
    Hi guys,

I am looking at the OL among some other dev and would like to know whether there is a serious lack of amenties in Potong Pasir area? Seems like the nearest supermart is in the petrol kiosk itself? Any coffeeshops nearby as in within 400-500m?
    got kopi shops, wet market at the hdb estate...

den 04, I'm not lazy to check the masterplan....I've checked more than 10 times but just can't understand the drawing ,no specification or details of the development.
    I've a unit in OL ,of course I'm very keen to check the potong pasir development,when the election date,when will announce the commercial plot....etc. so I can sell my unit at the right time with a good price.
    Thanks for the info anyway.
    What are you going to do with the cash after you've sold your One Leicester? Definitely not put in the bank to earn 0.25%, hence you must be intending to buy another property.

How would you know that the new property you buy will perform better than One Leicester? But immediately you would have already lost a few percentage points with the buy and sell.

jlrx: everybody will sell smthing along the way mah....i am sure ppty_owner sold some ppty b4....even tat guy who owns 90+ ppty also sell some along the way...

sometimes we nid to unlock the profit and take more risk and leverage up...such as selling a fully paid 2mil ppty and buy 2 or more ppty of 2mil each....high risk high gain

of coz, we can explore equity cashout/loan as well

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    got kopi shops, wet market at the hdb estate...
    very near OL? Do you own a unit at OL? What is the monthly maintenance like? facilities good? How big is the land area?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by KC76
    very near OL? Do you own a unit at OL? What is the monthly maintenance like? facilities good? How big is the land area?

Thanks in advance!
    ard 5mins walk...not vested in OL

How's the condition of OL?

Understand that it's built by China Construction. Have not heard of any favourable reviews of projects by CC.

I'm keen in getting a 4 bed room at OL due to its location but am held back by the project being built by CC. Are the 4 bed rooms facing Potong Pasir or PIE? I believe that the units facing PIE will be subjected to the noise 24/7 not to mention the dust and soot.

Woodsville@28 is out as it's facing the main road. Cannot believe that there is a bus stop right in front of the condo when the next bus stop is less than 50 metres at the MRT!

Quote Originally Posted by ginseng1

Understand that it's built by China Construction. Have not heard of any favourable reviews of projects by CC.

I'm keen in getting a 4 bed room at OL due to its location but am held back by the project being built by CC. Are the 4 bed rooms facing Potong Pasir or PIE? I believe that the units facing PIE will be subjected to the noise 24/7 not to mention the dust and soot.

Woodsville@28 is out as it's facing the main road. Cannot believe that there is a bus stop right in front of the condo when the next bus stop is less than 50 metres at the MRT!

Heard the bus stop in front Woodsville 28 will be gone once the woodsville interchange is up. In SG, a lot of condo are facing main road (e.g. citylight, the esta, one amber, etc .... is better than facing express way lah.....

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    What are you going to do with the cash after you've sold your One Leicester? Definitely not put in the bank to earn 0.25%, hence you must be intending to buy another property.

How would you know that the new property you buy will perform better than One Leicester? But immediately you would have already lost a few percentage points with the buy and sell.
    Mmm...People invest in property only care about buy cheap and be able to sell at a profit.Before selling the property of course you need to minus the stamp fee,renovation....etc, if no/ little gain or breakeven then no point selling.
    If you are able to sell with a profit then wait for the next down turn or if there's a good deal then u faster grab...
    can't teach you much, u have to keep watching the market by reading more news or search the website....

Quote Originally Posted by ginseng1

I would say China Construction is quite good,
    they(china workers) are efficient and hardworking.Else my friend bought another project by indian workers, so slow and do things anyhow.
    4 bed room is facing pool view.

Haa haa, yah china workers better than indian workers....look at the disastrous delhi commonwealth games vs the beijing olympics.

OL latest transaction psf > $1,100 psf oredi for a 3 bedders..