Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Developers less positive about market

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    looks like majority only expects opp to win 1 or 2 GRCs
    Agreed!!! So far I've heard families (not just one or two people) all voting for opp in hotly contested GRCs like Bishan and Aljunied!!! History in the making!!! So much about votes being secret!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Agreed!!! So far I've heard families (not just one or two people) all voting for opp in hotly contested GRCs like Bishan and Aljunied!!! History in the making!!! So much about votes being secret!!!
    just hope for the best....

i really naively hope tat co-driver and driver can co-exist in the parliament

dunwan to see unnecssary cat and dog fights in future....very detrimental to our SG reputation as being a country with stable govt

dunwan to see unnecssary cat and dog fights in future....very detrimental to our SG reputation as being a country with stable govt
    Jackpot again!!! I really don't like the parliamentary situation in Taiwan... Can't imagine MBT climbing onto table to punch LTK who reacts quickly by picking up a chair to defend himself!!! But then again I don't think our ministers will resort to such violent behavior lah!!! They know better than to do that in public!!!

This is not new in a lot of the parliament round the world.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    This is not new in a lot of the parliament round the world.
    if its not new....den y so many ppl still want opposition to gain more power?

ask urself....wat makes SG attractive to foreign investors?

Jackpot again!!! I really don't like the parliamentary situation in Taiwan... Can't imagine MBT climbing onto table to punch LTK who reacts quickly by picking up a chair to defend himself!!! But then again I don't think our ministers will resort to such violent behavior lah!!! They know better than to do that in public!!!
    catty and doggy fights doesnt always means violent lor...but hope no more childish acts by both side supporters....vandalism is jus the beginning

expect deeper.....underhand.....scrupulous politics.....expect more juicy news....expects everyday is an election day

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    But at least you're heard. What makes u think suddenly the PM says sorry, wage adjustment increment, promise no increase in GST, HDB income ceiling to be reviewed just days before election?
    actually brother, GST may not be that bad. this is my reasoning:

I remember I have a friend who opens a nightclub. One day, he invited us to his club for drinks to give him some business. So we went on a Friday night. The crowd was so so only.
    So we ask him how he survives? He explains to us that his other source of income comes from those big time business man. Usually these group of biz man will ask him to balloon their bills to an astronomical amount. I think you know the reason lah.. so for each bill out, my friend will get a percentage cut.

another case is on my first job as a programmer. I have to maintain the programmes for so many "sister" companies because the Chinese boss shrewdly time it to avoid paying taxes.

I am sure there are a lot of cases like this. So I think GST is good to nail these group of crooks and protect law abiding working class citizens like us.
    Ask yourself if you ever had dinner with a group of people, the one that is always paying is the business men. But of course he is not so generous lah, he will colllect your share from you...

Good citizen like us must of course benefit lah by reducing the personal income tax...

Next, people will ask that the poor and the retirees are already not paying income tax, it does not benefit them what..... another headache..

for every policy, there is always a reason to counterattack

y we nid income tax in the first plc? y gst? y erp?

y individual countries got their own govt....y not united as one?

y goto build upmilitary defence?

y cant be world peace?

People like ay123 who only want one voice in parliament speaks of complacency and the lack of motivation to improve. Imagine a day without Sylvia Lim, Low Thia Kiang and Chiam See Tong in parliament, people will just listen to one side and get more brainwashed into believing that everything is good for them, very dangerous in my opinion. If PAP is suggesting a one party rule forever, why don't they just change it to a dictatorship with one family ruling the country? They can still have their current system in place even if it is a dictatorship, right? Are they calling our country a democracy and yet have 100% say in everything, how to have the cake and eat it? True democracy can only take place if we have more opposition in parliament, it is as simple as that and nothing further to argue. It is also not about educational level, but moreso a heart to serve people. John Major who has only 'O' level has done more good for the people than Tony Blair who is a graduate of Oxford.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    But at least you're heard. What makes u think suddenly the PM says sorry, wage adjustment increment, promise no increase in GST, HDB income ceiling to be reviewed just days before election? Do you really think if there is no election and ZERO opposition bringing up issues like cost of living and the old people collecting cardboxes during rallies? I've been to many developed countries, and I dare say, I've never seen old people being treated so badly before.

Do you know our CPF gives one of the worst, or if not the worst returns compared to any other retirement funds in the world? Do you know when ministers increase their salaries, no one speak up but the NCMP?

And I notice many in this forum are still in the wealth-accumulation stage, therefore not as compassionate (i.e. only at 1st level of Maslow's hierachy of needs). But it's about time Singaporeans move forward as a nation, and realise money and GDP growth is not everything - diginity and the ability to voice our opinions is important as well. Who wants a government who calls them "daft"? Surely we must have some pride and dignity? Or money money money at the expense of humanity issit?

The reality is for the older generation, you have to ask yourself, why do you need total domination by one party with no alternative voices and no competition? A monopoly is never healthy and results in complacency. The opposition cannot come up with concrete policies because they don't have the entire civil service gathering information for them. In fact, info in Singapore can be scarce, e.g. no one knows SINGAPOREAN's employment rate. But at least they come up with some ideas - which can be discussed and debated.

And fear-mongering is one of the worst election tactic. Losing a few seats will not be the end of the world. The only thing to fear is fear itself.

LTK probably will behave in such. look at his lao ah beng look

At least LTK looks more handsome than people like Ang Mong Seng, Wong Kan Seng and many more

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    LTK probably will behave in such. look at his lao ah beng look

I see many forummers arguing that our poor are actually far far better than the poor in some other countries. I would have to agree totally on that but I would say this is Singapore and pls do not always compare us to other countries poorer than us. If want to compare fairly, then also compare with countries better off than us. If not, don't compare...

I'd like to reiterate that this is Singapore and we've come a long way! The problems facing us today cannot be based on the model in 1959. We've all progressed (if I dare define progression like that). We are looking at different level of living standards. We have moved!!! I would feel for the old lady picking up cardboards in the market places because I don't need to do that hard work for a living. However in a country when everyone is picking card boards, she'll probably not have my sympathy!!! Just my opinion!

Having said that, I am still for the agreement that we must always treasure and appreciate what we have today because we usually have sufficient to meet our daily needs! Cheers!
    I'm comparing our poor to the poor in Hong Kong (more developed and advanced than us) not to third world countries.

Actually that is beside the points; the main point here is there is this group of Singaporeans who are using the poor to advance their on agenda; complaining that the poor are left behind e.t.c. actually i suspect this pool of Singaporeans which still have the time to type and complain on the internet forum are not really poor/hungry/or left behind.

When opp grows stronger n more threatening, pap show internal cracks n conflicts..... Sian..... I dun wish to b caught in this revolutionary era.....

What personal agenda are you referring to? Many in this forum who question PAP policies and speak up for the needy singaporeans are actually better off voting for the PAP coz PAP favours the rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    I'm comparing our poor to the poor in Hong Kong (more developed and advanced than us) not to third world countries.

Actually that is beside the points; the main point here is there is this group of Singaporeans who are using the poor to advance their on agenda; complaining that the poor are left behind e.t.c. actually i suspect this pool of Singaporeans which still have the time to type and complain on the internet forum are not really poor/hungry/or left behind.

When opp grows stronger n more threatening, pap show internal cracks n conflicts..... Sian..... I dun wish to b caught in this revolutionary era.....
    the international investors have already made their stand; they sense the opposition have strong support and they are starting to pull out of singapore stock market; 3 straight days of losses

many of these intl investors have no loyalty to singapore anyway, so what do they care?

the international investors have already made their stand; they sense the opposition have strong support and they are starting to pull out of singapore stock market; 3 straight days of losses

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    What personal agenda are you referring to? Many in this forum who question PAP policies and speak up for the needy singaporeans are actually better off voting for the PAP coz PAP favours the rich.
    eg: some complains that house is too expensive/not affordable for the poor.
    => hidden agenda, they want prices to fall not becos they care for the poor but so that they can go in and buy cheap. they want $8K limit to be raised so that they themselves can buy. the poor don't really earn more than $8K per month.

Exactly like what I said... most of the complainers actually can afford the HDB. They are only borrowing the voices of the poor to further their cause!!!

i think STI's fall past few days are in line with SSE and HSI's movement la..also most of asia stock indices are down these few days..like wise for commodities and precious metals like silver...dont think STI's fall is because of the above u mentioned..

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    many of these intl investors have no loyalty to singapore anyway, so what do they care?
    if investors have no confidence/lose confidence in singapore's government/people, they will pull their businesses/money out. who suffer most in the end? the people at the lowest end loh.

=> hidden agenda, they want prices to fall not becos they care for the poor but so that they can go in and buy cheap. they want $8K limit to be raised so that they themselves can buy. the poor don't really earn more than $8K per month.
    Agreed! They play dirty but isn't this the name of the game? Don't many people also say that some election candidates don't have substance but all playing the politics game to get into parliament?

Agreed! They play dirty but isn't this the name of the game? Don't many people also say that some election candidates don't have substance but all playing the politics game to get into parliament?
    yup i totally agree politics is a very dirty game!

property stocks already falling, mass-market condos expected to fall if income ceiling up 10k?

I agree with your view on the first point. Those who miss the boat and everyday KPKB. I have many friends in this category.

The $8k is for for the sandwich middle income group.

say sorry aso kena....dun say sorry aso kena.....

hahahaha
    my malaysian colleague says the PM apologise for the orchard road flooding .. then Nazib must kneel down and beg for forgiveness becasue the flood is usually caused by the developer/contractors dumping the waste into the river and choke up the water flow...

My friend's families voting for Bishan River... hehe..

Different strokes for different folks.

There are people who are financially free who wants opposition, there are people who are financially free who doesn't want opposition. I think the motivation for each group is different. It is best encapsulated in Chen Show Mao's speech on how Wizard of Oz relates to your voting decision.

For me, I think opposition is essential in a Parliament.

say sorry aso kena....dun say sorry aso kena.....

hahahaha
    when they realised using the hard approach (threatening) don't work.

so now they tried to use the soft approach (apologize)

i say: dont wait til problems surface and then say sorry.
    its an honest mistake,lets move on with my millions paycheck..

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

They are very confident of winning the election? Think they have all the data on hand to have such confidence. Since that is the case, more should vote for opposition to "humble" them more?

GE: PM Lee believes PAP will do well in Saturday's polls
    Posted: 05 May 2011 1058 hrs
    Photos 1 of 1
    PM Lee Hsien Loong Special Report Vote 2011

SINGAPORE : Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong believes the People's Action Party will do well in Saturday's General Election.

However, the party is not taking anyone's vote for granted.

Mr Lee was speaking to reporters after visiting several parts of Ang Mo Kio GRC.

Mr Lee said he would like to ask Singaporeans to support the PAP and think about their own future and that of their children, and make the best choice.

Asked about the likely result in Aljunied GRC, Mr Lee believes the PAP will win, but added that the fight would be a tough one.

He said the candidates and supporters in Aljunied GRC are in good spirits and the fight is still going on.

He said he would be dropping in at the PAP's Aljunied GRC on Thursday night to emphasise the point that the party is fully behind the battle for that division.

Mr Lee commented on rumours which had been spread around using stickers which said the GST would be increased after the election.

The prime minister said the party has decided to print and distribute brochures and additional reading materials to emphasise that the government is not increasing the GST after the polls.

- CNA/al

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    My friend's families voting for Bishan River... hehe..

Different strokes for different folks.

There are people who are financially free who wants opposition, there are people who are financially free who doesn't want opposition. I think the motivation for each group is different. It is best encapsulated in Chen Show Mao's speech on how Wizard of Oz relates to your voting decision.

For me, I think opposition is essential in a Parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    property stocks already falling, mass-market condos expected to fall if income ceiling up 10k?
    ...then I will have to repent for the next 5 years...