Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opposition wards HDB prices.. interesting..

Default Opposition wards HDB prices.. interesting..

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh....php?t=3213499

Opposition wards HDB prices.. interesting..

I got this interesting facts from another source..

i am find it strange pap keep harping vote in WP will result in HDB price to fall. But if want look at the HDB records on the HDB website, one can see HDB flats in Hougang Ave 5 which is the heart of Hougang SMC, the prices of the 4room flats that transacted there are not much different from Hougang Ave 8 which was run by georgie aljunied grc. The prices for the last 12 months are as follow:

Hougang Ave 5 3rm flat : ranging from $245K to $330K (WP)

Hougang Ave 8 3rm flat : ranging from $220K to $326K (PAP)

Hougang Ave 5 4rm flat : ranging from $305K to $420K (WP)

Hougang Ave 8 4rm flat : ranging from $290K to $420K (PAP)

Hougang Ave 5 5rm flat : ranging from $340K to $527K (WP)

Hougang Ave 8 5rm flat : ranging from $390K to $496K (PAP)

looking at the above figure, i fail to comprehen how did PAP come up with the logic that WP run hougang HDB flat worth less than the same across the road in the PAP run estate.

The figure above are not bull****, all taken from HDB resale e-service. On the whole, WP's Hougang worth more than PAP's Hougang. In fact, i use Hougang Ave 8 as comparsion place hougang ave 5 at a disadvantage as Hougang Ave 5 were built in 1983 while Ave 8 were built in 1986, some even in 1992.

So can PAP explain why people are paying more to buy a older flat in a "slum" while pay less for the newer flat in a "world clas estate" run by the PAP?

http://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/B...PReslTrans.jsp

feel free to click on the link to check, all the figures are from HDB website.

In property it is about Location Location Location.
    Y r we talkin abt this in condo forum!!! Tis not a ground for public housing talk. Upgrading talks r real shallow . Elections are meant to select credible candidates to represent community in policy making as a LEGISLATOR and NOT a CHIEF CONTRACTOR.
    Quote Originally Posted by wenqing

i am find it strange pap keep harping vote in WP will result in HDB price to fall. But if want look at the HDB records on the HDB website, one can see HDB flats in Hougang Ave 5 which is the heart of Hougang SMC, the prices of the 4room flats that transacted there are not much different from Hougang Ave 8 which was run by georgie aljunied grc. The prices for the last 12 months are as follow:

looking at the above figure, i fail to comprehen how did PAP come up with the logic that WP run hougang HDB flat worth less than the same across the road in the PAP run estate.

The figure above are not bull****, all taken from HDB resale e-service. On the whole, WP's Hougang worth more than PAP's Hougang. In fact, i use Hougang Ave 8 as comparsion place hougang ave 5 at a disadvantage as Hougang Ave 5 were built in 1983 while Ave 8 were built in 1986, some even in 1992.

So can PAP explain why people are paying more to buy a older flat in a "slum" while pay less for the newer flat in a "world clas estate" run by the PAP?

Wenqing be a good person. Post your Election new in the thread that you started:
    "Please Post Election Youtubes, Rallies, Photos and Videos Here"

Quote Originally Posted by sgpprop
    In property it is about Location Location Location.
    Y r we talkin abt this in condo forum!!! Tis not a ground for public housing talk. Upgrading talks r real shallow . Elections are meant to select credible candidates to represent community in policy making as a LEGISLATOR and NOT a CHIEF CONTRACTOR.
    But most aunties and uncles at my generation and Singaporeans still thinks voting is about estate renovation like playgrounds, drains, coat of paint, property etc.

When you see PAP keep using hardware stuff like Upgrading to act as carrot/stick and MM Lee making threats to Aljunied residents about their property for 20 odd years, it must be because PAP find it successful to confuse Singaporeans about linking votes to estate management.

They do not seem to realise the meaning of Parliament.

But most aunties and uncles at my generation and Singaporeans still thinks voting is about estate renovation like playgrounds, drains, coat of paint, property etc.

When you see PAP keep using hardware stuff like Upgrading to act as carrot/stick and MM Lee making threats to Aljunied residents about their property for 20 odd years, it must be because PAP find it successful to confuse Singaporeans about linking votes to estate management.

They do not seem to realise the meaning of Parliament.
    Last edited by irisng; 02-05-11 at 22:42.

yup.. his ruthlessness aside, MM Lee and his team of old guards have transformed SG no doubt.. but current MPs.. cant speak favourably of them

wow, ahjunied really a hot battlefield huh.. ex-minister for that ward n old guards n even george's wife all in the picture manz.. not to mention the usual lee-goh-lee

Quote Originally Posted by romeo
    wow, ahjunied really a hot battlefield huh.. ex-minister for that ward n old guards n even george's wife all in the picture manz.. not to mention the usual lee-goh-lee

Sad to see George Yeo and his team with all their working experiences and at their age still need a 88 years old man to mentor and help them fight their battles.

George Yeo and his team are not kids and how long more and often can MM Lee help them ?

Like what people say in Internet, how long more Singapore and PAP can seek MM Lee's help everytime there are floods, crisis and elections ??

How to be Minister, MP and leaders of the nation ?

Better buy insurance with WP first.

Sad to see George Yeo and his team with all their working experiences and at their age still need a 88 years old man to mentor and help them fight their battles.

George Yeo and his team are not kids and how long more and often can MM Lee help them ?

Like what people say in Internet, how long more Singapore and PAP can seek MM Lee's help everytime there are floods, crisis and elections ??

How to be Minister, MP and leaders of the nation ?

Better buy insurance with WP first.

ur mind really depressed and filled wif anger....everything u see about PAP is black

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    ur mind really depressed and filled wif anger....everything u see about PAP is black
    Actually I feel I m suddenly surrounded by many such ppl... Make me feel like I m 1 odd person out

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    Actually I feel I m suddenly surrounded by many such ppl... Make me feel like I m 1 odd person out
    u r not alone

But you cannot deny it is a fact and it is happening.

It means in reality, majority is not doing well in Singapore and these are signs that Singapore is declining.

It is also a sign PAP government had underperformed these 5 years.

It means in reality, majority is not doing well in Singapore and these are signs that Singapore is declining.

ya....bcoz Sg nvr hit swiss standard?

i wonder wat so great abt swiss? only noe they produce gd watches tats all....was told they hf a park for ppl to consume drugs....vy liberal yay

one man's meat is another man's poison

But you cannot deny it is a fact and it is happening.
    its all in ur mind

i will only go so far as describing wenqing as a fanatic.. no different to a ManU vs Liverpool fan..

i will only go so far as describing wenqing as a fanatic.. no different to a ManU vs Liverpool fan..
    big diff between a Fan and a Supporter

ok u got me.. what's the diff? is WQ a fan or supporter

ok u got me.. what's the diff? is WQ a fan or supporter
    I relate Fan as idolizing a person, a group or certain belief. In this case for wq is a fan of Any opposition tat stand against the PAP

ya....bcoz Sg nvr hit swiss standard?

i wonder wat so great abt swiss? only noe they produce gd watches tats all....was told they hf a park for ppl to consume drugs....vy liberal yay

one man's meat is another man's poison
    Lol...whatever..

We need Switzerland more than they need us.

Maybe because their leaders are paid less that why people enjoy higher quality of life.

I relate Fan as idolizing a person, a group or certain belief. In this case for wq is a fan of Any opposition tat stand against the PAP
    Then how you classify those from PAP activists from grassroots (CCC,RC,CDAC,CDC etc) and NTUC who go around scaring aunties and uncles like us ??

Those old men and old women went by buses with LKY face on it to PAP raliies.

Diehard fanatics ??

i think these uncles/aunties go becoz they wana 'loosen their joints n bones' n take a walk or stroll.. they feel bored at home n juz grab the opportunity for an activity.. hey, y not, got free food n bus ride..

http://mrwangsaysso.blogspot.com/201...choice-of.html

Property Values and Your Choice of Political Party

When I read about Low Thia Kiang leaving Hougang to run for elections in Aljunied GRC, I felt fear and dismay.

Low is well-known and very well-loved in Hougang, and if he had chosen to remain in Hougang, his seat in Parliament would be almost guaranteed. However, when Low comes to Aljunied GRC, it's a different ball game, especially with the PAP's gerrymandering tactics.

If Low should lose in Aljunied GRC, then this would be a disaster for Singapore. It would be a very dark day in the history of this nation.

For so many years, Low has been the (almost) lone Opposition voice in Parliament, one man standing up and bravely speaking up against a pack of 80+ PAP MPs.

It takes no courage whatsoever to be a Mah Bow Tan or a Wong Kan Seng in Parliament, but it takes great courage to be a Low Thia Kiang. To his immense credit, Low has done his job and served Singaporeans well, not just for a year or two, but for the past 20 years.

If Low loses in Aljunied GRC, then even that one lone voice in Parliament might be gone, silenced for good. It is possible that parliamentary debate might then degenerate into an utter sham.

Nothing but a puppet show with PAP MPs posing nice, friendly, pre-arranged questions to each other and giving nice, friendly, rehearsed answers to each other.

There would be nobody to challenge them, nobody to act as a check and balance, nobody to ask the tough questions that really need, for the sake of the nation, to be asked.

Honestly, if we come to that stage, Parliament House might just as well shut down. On weekends, the PAP MPs can just gather at Hsien Loong's living room or Kuan Yew's garden to have some cakes and coffee.

There they can plan their next salary increases; chit chat about golf and BMWs; and casually make a few national policies for five million citizens. So much for public accountability and transparency,

--------------------------------------

Regular readers of my blog know that I moved house a few months ago. What I didn't mention was exactly where I moved to. I now live in Tai Keng Gardens, a small quiet residential area near Paya Lebar, and I recently learned that my new address is under Aljunied GRC.

There isn't the slightest doubt in my mind who I need to vote for. After all, I am intelligent, educated, well-informed and concerned.

So effectively I have no choice. I have to vote for the Workers Party. Because I can see so clearly that the PAP's performance over the past five years is just taking this country on a one-way trip into slow deterioriation and gradual collapse.

Things have already reached such a bad stage that I can sincerely say this: if you genuinely support the PAP and want them to succeed, then you must vote for the Opposition.

For the PAP can improve and do better - it has that potential. What the PAP needs is to be shocked out of its own complacency.

The best thing that can happen for the PAP is that they lose 10 seats in this election. Then suddenly they will wake up, remember the people whom they are supposed to serve, and start getting their act together.

The PAP does have some talented, capable people in their midst. It's just that they have lost their way, over the past five years.

------------------------------------

I see from the newspapers that Kuan Yew has been busily making statements to create fear in the electorate. Something about how the Workers Party (if they win) will bring down the property values of Aljunied GRC.

What's that old saying about old dogs and new tricks? Fear-mongering is one of Kuan Yew's favourite tactics.

Woe betide you, foolish Singaporeans, if you do not listen to me, then the sky will fall on your head. Some of his statements are so far-fetched that it's amazing he still has any credibility left.

Remember this stunning proclamation from Lee Kuan Yew, in 2007?

The PAP ministers were just about to give themselves another fat pay raise, and Singaporeans were questioning this.

Lee Kuan Yew's reply was that if the PAP ministers did not get their increase, the women of Singapore will become "maids in other people's countries".

Oh, come on, Kuan Yew. Can you at least try to keep your fear-mongering a little more .... rational?

Regular readers of my blog know that I am a keen watcher of the property market. I'd like to share a few personal observations on the content of Kuan Yew's latest fear.

LKY's basic point is that the WP is incompetent; that they will mismanage Aljunied; and the area will be so badly run that property values will fall sharply (relative to PAP constituencies).

But let's look at the facts. Low Thia Kiang has been MP for Hougang, for twenty years.

If Low can ruin property values through his sheer incompetence, then Hougang should be a slum by now.

But it is not. It is a clean, vibrant HDB town, with its own lively suburban malls, hawker centres, supermarkets, bus interchange, sport stadium, two MRT stations and more.

I can honestly tell you that, as a person who is familiar with the area. My brother lives in Hougang, my kids used to go for tuition in Hougang, and I still go there with my family quite often to eat and shop in Hougang.

Most Singaporeans wouldn't realise it, but I'll just say it straight out here. MPs do lots of important things, such as debate, discuss and shape national policies in Parliament and meet residents to help solve their personal problems.

MPs and their grassroots supporters also organise community events like Plant-a-Tree Day and Chinese New Year dinners etc, and make appearances at schools' Prize-Giving Day to hand out awards and make speeches.

All these types of MP work have their value and are important in their own way. But none of them has any direct bearing on the value of your property.

In other words, whoever you elect as your MP has very, very little influence on whether your property value will go up or down. May I quickly give you a big bunch of illustrations? Okay, let's go:

Your MP does not look after the roads in your neighbourhood (the LTA does that).

Your MP does not look after the parks (the National Parks Board does that).

Your MP does not look after your public library (the National Library Board does that).

Your MP does not look after your sports stadium or public swimming pool (the Singapore Sports Council does that).

Your MP does not build shopping malls for you (property developers such as Capitaland do that).

Your MP does not manage your MRT line (SMRT does that).

Your MP does not manage your SBS buses (SBS does that).

Your MP does not look after your electricity supply (SP Power does that).

Your MP does not look after your carpark (the URA does that).

Your MP does not investigate crimes (the Singapore Police Force does that).

Your MP does not put out fires (the SCDF and their NSmen do that).

Your MP does not ensure that top schools are near your home (whether a school is top or not depends on the students' efforts).

Your MP doesn't prevent mosquito breeding (the NEA does that).

Your MP does engage the cleaning contractors to clean the neighbourhood (which, in terms of level of difficulty, is not exactly rocket science and shouldn't be a challenge for any self-respecting MP, whether from the PAP or not).

Apart from the cleaning contractors, your MP also builds playgrounds, fitness corners, maybe a couple of covered link ways here and there.

None of these little projects require great ability or vast competence, nor will they have any significant influence on your property value.

There, hope it's all abundantly clear now. Abundantly clear that Lee Kuan

but even people like regulator who supposedly be considered well off(running own business, multiple properties) also opposition supporter leh...
    So, if really opposition voters so many (all the rally attendees, fb, forum, etc fans), then maybe the unlikely become likely, pap lost 50% ?
    Then we better have some check and balance against the current opposition as well?

but even people like regulator who supposedly be considered well off(running own business, multiple properties) also opposition supporter leh...
    So, if really opposition voters so many (all the rally attendees, fb, forum, etc fans), then maybe the unlikely become likely, pap lost 50% ?
    Then we better have some check and balance against the current opposition as well?
    haha....ya lor...all vote for opposition la....see who will regret waking up to see 5-82

in SG....i tink we hf one of the highest % of middle income earner....5x% r PMETs.....

dun tink majority r not doing well....

more like SG is more or less fully developed....so the aspirations of the ppl is too excessive and not easy to satisfy and tamed

Apparently the fear of depreciating property prices is very rampant... How to convince people that ppty prices has nothing to do with who the MP is? Tried explaining but to no avail!!! Any brilliant ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Apparently the fear of depreciating property prices is very rampant... How to convince people that ppty prices has nothing to do with who the MP is? Tried explaining but to no avail!!! Any brilliant ideas?
    you think opposition can overcome years of mental conditioning by PAP in a span of 2 weeks?
    1) near term fear, ppty price drops because of opposition MP
    2) far term fear, ppty price goes up to many multiples of income because of PAP policies, placing it out of reach.
    normal people would react to dangers nearby rather than dangers far away, hence people are more sensitive to short term ppty price drops, hence they vote PAP.

voter education does not take place 3 weeks before election, it should take years before election.
    For opposition to use this tactic is a non-starter. If they used statistics after statistics to prove their point, the citizenry would merely be turn off.

as to what tactics, they should employed, it depends on them whether they desire enough to win or not. So far to me, they are like dancing on political stage, instead of fighting.

without discussing what is fair or unfair, i thought most people agree that potong pasir is short of amenities.... that have zero effect on property price ? i know the private properties there may be less affected and the prices are high now, but should it be even higher ?

It's a no-win situation. There's so much unhappiness over sky-rocketing property prices and yet people don't want pty prices to come down.

Let's see whether there are more in the former or latter camp.