Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 114

Thread: Aljunied GRC taken over by WP, which are the properties there?

  1. #61
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    The serangoon gardens residents were extremely angry with pap because after repeated petitions, the pap still die die want to have the worker's dorm next to their estate.
    hee hee anybody will be angry but putting the dorm there will affect the least residents =) landed == less people affected; put in HDB heartland == more people affected. wise move for government

  2. #62
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    These middle class folks in Serangoon think they got their revenge? Wait till they see what the next 5 years hold for them.

    I have a feeling that their property prices will drop until they buay jin chu
    poor residents

  3. #63
    Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    hee hee anybody will be angry but putting the dorm there will affect the least residents =) landed == less people affected; put in HDB heartland == more people affected. wise move for government

    if thats the case ... why not other landed estates ? but die die must be S Gardens ?

  4. #64
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Red light areas are all PAP wards

    Re Alunied GRC I believe the upper middle class in the Serangoon Gardens vicinity voted heavily against the ruling party.

    gahmen will punish these middle class folks in that area and make them repent for the next 5 years
    quite agree. when the MP visited us, most of the landed property owner never open their gates. Maybe they are really not at home. my oppsite and imediate neighour all never open. think must have voted for the WP.

    I pity Mrs Lim on the serangoon garden dormintory saga...
    In the other Landed Property area withinin distirct 19, resident complains that transportation within Poh Huat and Kovan very inconvenient, MP introduced a private bus to serve the area. It was scrapped after dont know how long as the bus is always fetching 'ghost" passenger... see bei cham... very hard to please those Higher Middle Income group...

  5. #65
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    SING = IRISING ?

    you signed up using different identity ??
    Once I log out, sometimes I have problem in logging in.

  6. #66
    Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sing
    Once I log out, sometimes I have problem in logging in.


    ic

    what i was trying to say to you earlier was that ...

    those PAP activities organised by PAP rc ...obviously did not invite, and they never will invite the Opp ..

    so of course you dont see them and dont know them ..

    Opps are not allowed to organised any activities without permits from PAP ...which most likely always kana turned down ..

    so how fair is this system ?

    trying very hard to isolate the people from Opps right ?

    so i think its not fair for you to comment that you dnt even see them or know who they are

    you should question the system instead

  7. #67
    Exalted

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    ic

    what i was trying to say to you earlier was that ...

    those PAP activities organised by PAP rc ...obviously did not invite, and they never will invite the Opp ..

    so of course you dont see them and dont know them ..

    Opps are not allowed to organised any activities without permits from PAP ...which most likely always kana turned down ..

    so how fair is this system ?

    trying very hard to isolate the people from Opps right ?

    so i think its not fair for you to comment that you dnt even see them or know who they are

    you should question the system instead
    for my case, i nvr see both teams.....only saw PAP van.....opp teams i only see them on Utube...LOL

  8. #68
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    in the first place the prop prices there hasnt gone up as much as other area also lah

    so no big deal


    my friend staying in S garden for last 12 yrs ...said his landed house , prices only up last year ... from 06-09/10 he said hardly see any big move

    maybe thats why they tulan ... voted PAP ..prices also never really go up ... and yet hear PAP threaten people that if vote for OPP their prop price will be affected ( down obviously)
    Most of the landed properties all over singapore's price was quite stagnant for many years...

    Only recent years, the price really chiong a lot. My brother was looking for landed in Serangoon Garden so I also go and kaypoh. The asking price is in my opinion really quite high. Average is about 800-1000 psf just for the land only.

  9. #69
    Exalted

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    Most of the landed properties all over singapore's price was quite stagnant for many years...

    Only recent years, the price really chiong a lot. My brother was looking for landed in Serangoon Garden so I also go and kaypoh. The asking price is in my opinion really quite high. Average is about 800-1000 psf just for the land only.
    yes....but last yr alone certain landed area almost doubled

  10. #70
    Emeritus Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    hee hee anybody will be angry but putting the dorm there will affect the least residents =) landed == less people affected; put in HDB heartland == more people affected. wise move for government
    When all landed experienced their big jump, what was the percentage 'enjoyed' by the residents of Serangoon Gardens? I got a friend who bought his semi-D around 1.5M 1 year+ ago, dunno if it's worth 3M now??

  11. #71
    Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    When all landed experienced their big jump, what was the percentage 'enjoyed' by the residents of Serangoon Gardens? I got a friend who bought his semi-D around 1.5M 1 year+ ago, dunno if it's worth 3M now??
    S Gdn landed was still very much dead in 2006/7 ...
    probably only in late 2009, to mid 2010 that we saw some upward revision in psf ...


    while surprisingly... pasir panjang was the first to register 1000 psf for a new landed in 2007 ...

  12. #72
    Exalted

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    When all landed experienced their big jump, what was the percentage 'enjoyed' by the residents of Serangoon Gardens? I got a friend who bought his semi-D around 1.5M 1 year+ ago, dunno if it's worth 3M now??
    not all such big jump la....depends on entry px too.....

    I SAD ARGH!!! condo nvr jump so much! VOTE FOR OPPOSITION!!!!!!!!!!

  13. #73
    Exalted

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    S Gdn landed was still very much dead in 2006/7 ...
    probably only in late 2009, to mid 2010 that we saw some upward revision in psf ...


    while surprisingly... pasir panjang was the first to register 1000 psf for a new landed in 2007 ...
    got jump in prices ppl bey song!!1 tats y vote for opposition! bcoz their frens and relatives like me nvr enjoy such big jump!!!! UNFAIR!

    vote for opposition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  14. #74
    Exalted

    User Info Menu

    Default

    ban PR from buying Landed at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    tell PR to buy 99LH landed! HAHA

  15. #75
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    S Gdn landed was still very much dead in 2006/7 ...
    probably only in late 2009, to mid 2010 that we saw some upward revision in psf ...


    while surprisingly... pasir panjang was the first to register 1000 psf for a new landed in 2007 ...
    tioh.. before june 2007, when I was house hunting, can easily get a landed below < 450-480 psf if I remember correctly... now really boh liao...

  16. #76
    Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    tioh.. before june 2007, when I was house hunting, can easily get a landed below < 450-480 psf if I remember correctly... now really boh liao...

    still have

    i thinik its 480 psf ...FH ......

    8000 sqft land .... asking 3.8 mio ....

    near Kranji cemetery

    i am not kidding

  17. #77
    Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    still have

    i thinik its 480 psf ...FH ......

    8000 sqft land .... asking 3.8 mio ....

    near Kranji cemetery

    i am not kidding
    Oh the Jln Bumbong/Jln Rasok there, where bukit villas is. But the location is really bird don't lay eggs place. haa haa.

  18. #78
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    serangoon gardens is pretty crowded. A lot of units so a lot of competition between sellers.

    + the workers dorm. now go under opposition....

  19. #79
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    That is correct. Maslow's hierachy of needs here. Once you're well-fed with basic need achieved, u think about self-actualisation and contribution to society and personal diginity. Most of the opposition parties underpolled at HDB flats and overpolled at private estates. I won't say "rich people" - rich people who are the PAP Ministers at Tg Pagar GRC no one dare to fight. But based on feedback, the upper middle class areas like Bukit Timah, Holland, Serangoon Gardens, Hillview, East Coast condos etc apparently has strong opposition votes.

    Quote Originally Posted by wenqing
    Base on reports, ironically many rich people at Serangoon Gardens, Condos at Aljunied GRC and East Coast GRC who voted for WP.

    It was the the HDB people that voted PAP.


    Many Ferraris and Lambos were seen at WP Rallies.

  20. #80
    Exalted

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    That is correct. Maslow's hierachy of needs here. Once you're well-fed with basic need achieved, u think about self-actualisation and contribution to society and personal diginity. Most of the opposition parties underpolled at HDB flats and overpolled at private estates. I won't say "rich people" - rich people who are the PAP Ministers at Tg Pagar GRC no one dare to fight. But based on feedback, the upper middle class areas like Bukit Timah, Holland, Serangoon Gardens, Hillview, East Coast condos etc apparently has strong opposition votes.
    govt released the voting patterns liao?

    u conclude based on wat?

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •