Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aljunied GRC taken over by WP, which are the properties there?

Quote Originally Posted by fafalulu
    Geylang red light district belongs to which electoral division? Aljunied or mountbatten?
    I tink under kallang grc.... Defintely not mountbatten as its separated by guillemard

SM said last nite that he will fulfill our wishes. Collating petition to request for shelter and a community club at my estate for the elderly and youngs. Strike the metal when it is hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Mine worse.... Throughout the all 9 days.... I nvr see any of them face to face.... Only see pap van drove past.... Haha

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    NSP's platform was on alleviating the the plight of the poor. Don't think that resonates with the affluent in Mountbatten. They should have focused more on the national issues, accountability, political freedom etc.

Having said that, PAP's usual carrot of "upgrading" doesn't work on the SMC either....
    WP most successful this time.... Anywhr aso produce gd results.... Poor or rich all buy into 1st world parliament!!

LTK is an opportunist. There goes to show that a president scholar also cannot compete with him. The dormitory saga at Serangoon Garden may have affected the results of the GRC badly.
    WP most successful this time.... Anywhr aso produce gd results.... Poor or rich all buy into 1st world parliament!!

Just pray codriver n driver can coexist harmoniously....

If wp motive is purely to expand like playing RISK, we r PAWNED

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    LTK is an opportunist. There goes to show that a president scholar also cannot compete with him. The dormitory saga at Serangoon Garden may have affected the results of the GRC badly.
    Many long time PAP faithful there who are retiring or retirees were upset..., and these people normally dun 4get so easily....

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Yah....the papers said that the serangoon garden ward has the worst votes for pap.

I am sure they have a strategy. If PAP does not listen to their views, it will be posted to the Singaporeans. That is about accountability. They will have to co-exist or integrate.
    Just pray codriver n driver can coexist harmoniously....

If wp motive is purely to expand like playing RISK, we r PAWNED

mountbatten rich also not happy with all the CM by MBT , why would they wan to vote for pap. Old airport road hawker also not happy, left who voting for pap ? New citizen who stays there..

Residents of some new and old HDB flats between the hawker centre may vote for them as their flats are upgraded and coupled with an mrt stn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    mountbatten rich also not happy with all the CM by MBT , why would they wan to vote for pap. Old airport road hawker also not happy, left who voting for pap ? New citizen who stays there..

yeap, i saw many new citizen staying there. heard many locals cash out fr dakota hdb rising hdb.

condos around Lor Chuan and Upp Serangoon also falls under Aljunied. Pls consider these as well. Literally, huge GRC estate to cover by WP...

It's the VOICE in the parliament..

Mine worse.... Throughout the all 9 days.... I nvr see any of them face to face.... Only see pap van drove past.... Haha
    Same, I don't even see the opposition face at all. Our RC is very active, they always organise some events for the residents and our MP was always there to join the residents, I ever see him singing and dancing with the residents, enjoying himself, a joyous person.

Quote Originally Posted by fafalulu
    Geylang red light district belongs to which electoral division? Aljunied or mountbatten?
    It belongs to the Marine Parade GRC.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_...n_Constituency

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    It belongs to the Marine Parade GRC.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_...n_Constituency
    i tink lor 22 onwards belong to marine parade and those below 22 belong to kallang?

Red light areas are all PAP wards

Re Alunied GRC I believe the upper middle class in the Serangoon Gardens vicinity voted heavily against the ruling party.

gahmen will punish these middle class folks in that area and make them repent for the next 5 years

yeah... I need to go "repent" too.....

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Red light areas are all PAP wards

Re Alunied GRC I believe the upper middle class in the Serangoon Gardens vicinity voted heavily against the ruling party.

gahmen will punish these middle class folks in that area and make them repent for the next 5 years
    The serangoon gardens residents were extremely angry with pap because after repeated petitions, the pap still die die want to have the worker's dorm next to their estate.

Same, I don't even see the opposition face at all. Our RC is very active, they always organise some events for the residents and our MP was always there to join the residents, I ever see him singing and dancing with the residents, enjoying himself, a joyous person.
    From RC...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    yeap, i saw many new citizen staying there. heard many locals cash out fr dakota hdb rising hdb.

condos around Lor Chuan and Upp Serangoon also falls under Aljunied. Pls consider these as well. Literally, huge GRC estate to cover by WP...

It's the VOICE in the parliament..
    Got Aljunied GRC Map?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    The serangoon gardens residents were extremely angry with pap because after repeated petitions, the pap still die die want to have the worker's dorm next to their estate.
    George Yeo and gang no matter what must toe PAP line so use top down approach against those Serangoon Gardens people.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh....php?t=3222284

Browse > Home / Media Articles / Sacrifice votes or economy? No contest
    Sacrifice votes or economy? No contest

October 20, 2008 by admin

ST link

Keeping the economy humming is more important than fretting over whether votes will be lost.

Foreign Minister George Yeo gave this response yesterday when asked if the unpopular decision to house foreign workers in Serangoon Gardens would affect political support for his Aljunied GRC team.

Speaking to The Sunday Times on the sidelines of a Hari Raya grassroots dinner, Mr Yeo said: ‘The important thing is to do what is right. You cannot always be worried about votes.’

He explained that the economy needs foreign workers and Singaporeans should understand these constraints.

‘When the economy goes down and people’s lives are affected… surely that must be politically more costly to the Government,’ he said.

Plans to convert the former Serangoon Gardens Technical School at Burghley Drive into a dormitory for foreign workers made headlines last month, with residents meeting their MPs and signing a petition.

The Government has since decided to go ahead with the dormitory but said it would accommodate some of the residents’ concerns, including the construction of a new access road from the Central Expressway to Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1.

However, other residents living near the new access road became unhappy.

In response, the Ministry of National Development announced last week that it would work with the dormitory operator to arrange for buses to pick up and drop off workers within the dormitory’s premises.

Trees and shrubs near the access road will also be planted to shield the dormitory from surrounding houses.

Acknowledging that there are a handful of residents who are still upset, Mr Yeo pointed out that the ministry had already gone out of its way to accommodate residents.

He said: ‘There’s got to be a certain tolerance so long as their concerns are addressed…We all have our preferences about what should be in our neighbourhood and we can’t have all our wishes.

‘A decision has been taken, requests have been made, whatever could be accommodated is accommodated. I think on the whole, it’s a good compromise.’

[email protected]

These middle class folks in Serangoon think they got their revenge? Wait till they see what the next 5 years hold for them.

I have a feeling that their property prices will drop until they buay jin chu

It's possible that Govt will make them repent until they buay tahan, then call early elections so that they can vote PAP back in. Remember.....there is a young Emperor in the wings who is waiting to be brought into Parliament so they probably won't wait the full 5 years before the next GE.

At most that area constitute another 2000 votes and winning by 13000 votes, it won't make any difference to the result even if next GE comes early..

irisng
    you just joined this forum ah ...April 2011 ???

so your RC organised alot of activities and your MP there ?

got invite the Opp or not ?
    if not how do you expect Opp to be there ?
    gate crash ?
    scarly MP call police how ?? they very good at that wor ...every little small thing call police

as if our police force is there for our PAP's MP to use only ...

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    These middle class folks in Serangoon think they got their revenge? Wait till they see what the next 5 years hold for them.

I have a feeling that their property prices will drop until they buay jin chu
    in the first place the prop prices there hasnt gone up as much as other area also lah

so no big deal

my friend staying in S garden for last 12 yrs ...said his landed house , prices only up last year ... from 06-09/10 he said hardly see any big move

maybe thats why they tulan ... voted PAP ..prices also never really go up ... and yet hear PAP threaten people that if vote for OPP their prop price will be affected ( down obviously)

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    irisng
    you just joined this forum ah ...April 2011 ???

so your RC organised alot of activities and your MP there ?

got invite the Opp or not ?
    if not how do you expect Opp to be there ?
    gate crash ?
    scarly MP call police how ?? they very good at that wor ...every little small thing call police

as if our police force is there for our PAP's MP to use only ...

Activities are organised very frequently almost every month for many years. Not knowing whether is there any opposition or not, so how to know the name of the opposition party.

I know quite a lot of Singaporeans are very unhappy with PAP on certain issues and I might be one of them too. I don't know anything about politics and I'm not interested. I'm just stating what I have seen. Frankly speaking, PAP has done quite a lot of things for Singapore and there might have some issues that to the PAP, as long as it helps the economy grow, they will just carry on but to Singaporeans, these are big issues because it affect us personally.

Well, having 1 or 2 oppositions in the Parliament is okay, at least they can help us to speak up but too many oppositions, I'm afraid that it might affect our economy growth.

Quote Originally Posted by sing
    Activities are organised very frequently almost every month for many years. Not knowing whether is there any opposition or not, so how to know the name of the opposition party.

I know quite a lot of Singaporeans are very unhappy with PAP on certain issues and I might be one of them too. I don't know anything about politics and I'm not interested. I'm just stating what I have seen. Frankly speaking, PAP has done quite a lot of things for Singapore and there might have some issues that to the PAP, as long as it helps the economy grow, they will just carry on but to Singaporeans, these are big issues because it affect us personally.

Well, having 1 or 2 oppositions in the Parliament is okay, at least they can help us to speak up but too many oppositions, I'm afraid that it might affect our economy growth.

SING = IRISING ?

you signed up using different identity ??

Most landed enjoy big jump last yr too.... Srgn is not isolated

Quote Originally Posted by sing

Economic growth is not affected by Opposition but by First World status.

First World nations should not expect 15% growth every year anymore.

Taking PAP reasoning and burning it like talisman and drinking with water is not the way to go for future generations.

Mr Hum who heckled at Lim Hwee Hua during elections at Serangoon Gardens has the last laugh.

Sian sti green... No short term gains