Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aljunied GRC taken over by WP, which are the properties there?

Default Aljunied GRC taken over by WP, which are the properties there?

Any insights? Shall we keep track if property prices will drop in these areas? I better standby my 5% cash to go in.. M looking at Kovan or hougang, much cheaper than bedok reservoir i think. M glad that I have waited despite people saying I might miss the boat. Waiting to rejoice to lower property prices after the revise of income ceiling etc new measures haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    Any insights? Shall we keep track if property prices will drop in these areas? I better standby my 5% cash to go in.. M looking at Kovan or hougang, much cheaper than bedok reservoir i think. M glad that I have waited despite people saying I might miss the boat. Waiting to rejoice to lower property prices after the revise of income ceiling etc new measures haha!
    I doubt the private condo prices will drop anytime soon. PAP still overall in charge of the country. If they drop, it would be due to external shocks, not because of WP victory.

Ideal outcome.... How to drop.... Everyone is happy

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Ideal outcome.... How to drop.... Everyone is happy
    Agree, many people also "bio". Last night, I already inform my Agent friend, but he say he doubt so..., was asking him if his seller in Kovan Melody will drop his asking price today..., I prepare cheque liao if drop 5% also grab...

think property prices for mass mkt will drop bcoz gahmen can now continue with cooling measures. china central bank and HK central bank hv been cooling their property market aggressively

we cannot put it more measures bcoz of election n parliament dissolved

my view is still interest rate will go up to push down inflation.

higher mthly installment amt for housing loans
    car market will take hit next no more zero entry
    cures for inflation? look at historical cures

look at outlook of property stocks - telltale of property prices trend

I disagree....unless int rates jumped overnite.... Gradual rise will actually help to push up ppty px....

However, hdb prices cant really go up from here

When will interest rate go up?
    Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    think property prices for mass mkt will drop bcoz gahmen can now continue with cooling measures. china central bank and HK central bank hv been cooling their property market aggressively

we cannot put it more measures bcoz of election n parliament dissolved

my view is still interest rate will go up to push down inflation.

higher mthly installment amt for housing loans
    car market will take hit next no more zero entry
    cures for inflation? look at historical cures

look at outlook of property stocks - telltale of property prices trend
    Now i aso confused on these..... Used to b sti leading ppty px.... But tis round, ppty rise ahead of sti

Come migrate to Hougang and Aljunied, the new prime district in Singapore where you can call it home and dreams come true.

as discussed, post financial crisis, ppty has led sti for various reasons:

1) lack of trust in anything financial, ie non physical, cannot touch
    2) low interest rates excellent for ppty but the same low interest rate not applicable to businesses or stocks.

interest rates tagged to US, sg does not control interest rates, how to go up? unless loss of faith on USD causes USD to spike, otherwise, only more cooling measures is the alternative to capping ppty prices.

Now i aso confused on these..... Used to b sti leading ppty px.... But tis round, ppty rise ahead of sti

ooi bro, u starting to sound like tanumy. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Come migrate to Hougang and Aljunied, the new prime district in Singapore where you can call it home and dreams come true.

i'm more confused ...stck prices capture companies' outlook and forecast earnings.
    hence if property price rise ahead of sti - overheating??
    there are limited upside if i read the market even for highend. if u r gahmen, what wld u do?

can a family of 4 afford to buy a pte condo $1million with salary of $12k? tax? car? tuition fees? trips?

in CN and HK asked colleagues same question.
    for professionals, they themselves find it hard to purchase condos in prime districts.

from what i hear this article is dead wrong

HONG KONG – Asia will continue to lead global economic growth over the next two years even as it grapples with risks including inflation, turmoil in the Middle East and the effects of Japan's tsunami, the International Monetary Fund said Thursday.
    "Robust" regional growth of close to 7 percent will be fueled by exports and domestic demand, Anoop Singh, director of the Washington-based body's Asia & Pacific department, said in the twice-yearly report. Asia's overall economy grew 8.3 percent in 2010.
    Growth will be driven by economic powerhouses China and India. The IMF forecasts China's economy will grow 9.5 percent while India will expand about 8 percent over the next two years.
    But the fund warned of "pockets of overheating" across the region as consumer price inflation rose to 4.5 percent in February. Higher oil and food prices are starting to feed into broader inflation and will affect the poor, the fund said. Inflation is also being driven by low interest rates in many Asian countries.
    "In most economies in Asia, further monetary tightening is needed as interest rates in those economies remain below levels generally consistent with stable growth and low inflation," said Singh, who also urged countries to adopt more flexible exchange rates as a weapon against overheating.
    The IMF forecasts inflation will continue rising this year before easing modestly in 2012.
    Earlier this week, the Asian Development Bank warned that surging food prices threaten to push millions more people into poverty and shave up to 1.5 percentage points off regional economic growth.
    The IMF said turmoil in the Middle East and North Africa could also pose a risk by causing further spikes in oil prices, which would shave economic growth in countries reliant on oil imports, such as China and Japan.
    Asian economies could also be affected if higher oil prices result in a global slowdown, which would result in a drop in demand from wealthy countries for their exports.
    The IMF cut its forecast for Japan's economic growth in 2011 to 1.4 percent from 1.6 percent because of the March 11 earthquake, tsunami and subsequent nuclear disaster, which left about 27,000 people dead and missing and is estimated by the government to have caused up to $305 billion in damage.
    Economic damage is much greater than from the 1995 Kobe earthquake, the IMF said. Power supply interruptions are affecting a much larger region, including the Kanto region around Tokyo, which accounts for about 40 percent of Japan's economy.
    Japan's economic recovery will take longer because of the damage to power plants and electronics and auto component suppliers. The government has much less space to maneuver because interest rates are already near zero while public debt is very high, the report said.
    Japanese economic growth is expected to pick up to 2.1 percent in 2012 because of reconstruction spending.
    Prolonged production disruptions could affect other economies, especially those reliant on industries where Japanese producers dominate, such as silicon wafers for microchips.
    "Over time there could also be a switch to alternative suppliers, although Japan's status as a highly specialized supplier of electronic components and capital goods suggest limits to this strategy," the report said.

We r oredi seeing more investors buying ocr condos den hdb upgradders...

Rental market not looking gd for ccr condos, mabe tats y px stay flat...

I believe ocr condo may face a downward pressure in 2013 when alot more supply TOP. more investors den home occupiers

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    ooi bro, u starting to sound like tanumy. LOL.
    I think he is too upset. Going bonkers knowing that his property prices is going south.

Good stay confused.

i'm more confused ...stck prices capture companies' outlook and forecast earnings.
    hence if property price rise ahead of sti - overheating??
    there are limited upside if i read the market even for highend. if u r gahmen, what wld u do?

can a family of 4 afford to buy a pte condo $1million with salary of $12k? tax? car? tuition fees? trips?

in CN and HK asked colleagues same question.
    for professionals, they themselves find it hard to purchase condos in prime districts.

Base on reports, ironically many rich people at Serangoon Gardens, Condos at Aljunied GRC and East Coast GRC who voted for WP.

It was the the HDB people that voted PAP.

Many Ferraris and Lambos were seen at WP Rallies.

Quote Originally Posted by wenqing
    Base on reports, ironically many rich people at Serangoon Gardens, Condos at Aljunied GRC and East Coast GRC who voted for WP.

There are alot of HDB who voted WP too coz otherwise they cannot achieve 55%. I want to move to Aljunied le...

Quote Originally Posted by wenqing

Not conclusive.... Srgn garden cud b due to domitory incident n flash floods.

East coast grc consist mainly hdb n not pte....

Its hol-bukit timah tat is upper middle class

Quote Originally Posted by nobrainer32007
    Good stay confused.

obvious in any country, bizmen support politicians. some didnt get to share the cake. thats why the ferraris n lambos

no lah, our bro won't be upset. prices would probably move in line with market i feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    I think he is too upset. Going bonkers knowing that his property prices is going south.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    no lah, our bro won't be upset. prices would probably move in line with market i feel.
    But on hindsight, he surely wun sell 8wood n buy wf isle

Not conclusive.... Srgn garden cud b due to domitory incident n flash floods.

East coast grc consist mainly hdb n not pte....

Its hol-bukit timah tat is upper middle class
    The purest indication of how the rich will vote. Look at Mountbatten SMC, majority of voters in condos or landed. PAP's margin not that great either...<60%...

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    The purest indication of how the rich will vote. Look at Mountbatten SMC, majority of voters in condos or landed. PAP's margin not that great either...<60%...
    Hmm.... If my waterbank is rdy n i staying there, not sure who will i vote. I mentioned jeanette was one of my fav opp candidate....
    However, i m in pasir- punggol which left me with no other choice but pap

Geylang red light district belongs to which electoral division? Aljunied or mountbatten?

Just saw the winning team of Aljunied GRC thanking the residents at bedok reservior area. Lots of people following them. Hve not seen my MP GRC team yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by fafalulu
    Geylang red light district belongs to which electoral division? Aljunied or mountbatten?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Just saw the winning team of Aljunied GRC thanking the residents at bedok reservior area. Lots of people following them. Hve not seen my MP GRC team yet.
    Mine worse.... Throughout the all 9 days.... I nvr see any of them face to face.... Only see pap van drove past.... Haha

Hmm.... If my waterbank is rdy n i staying there, not sure who will i vote. I mentioned jeanette was one of my fav opp candidate....
    However, i m in pasir- punggol which left me with no other choice but pap
    NSP's platform was on alleviating the the plight of the poor. Don't think that resonates with the affluent in Mountbatten. They should have focused more on the national issues, accountability, political freedom etc.

Having said that, PAP's usual carrot of "upgrading" doesn't work on the SMC either....