Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aljunied GRC taken over by WP, which are the properties there?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    The serangoon gardens residents were extremely angry with pap because after repeated petitions, the pap still die die want to have the worker's dorm next to their estate.
    hee hee anybody will be angry but putting the dorm there will affect the least residents =) landed == less people affected; put in HDB heartland == more people affected. wise move for government

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    These middle class folks in Serangoon think they got their revenge? Wait till they see what the next 5 years hold for them.

I have a feeling that their property prices will drop until they buay jin chu
    poor residents

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    hee hee anybody will be angry but putting the dorm there will affect the least residents =) landed == less people affected; put in HDB heartland == more people affected. wise move for government

if thats the case ... why not other landed estates ? but die die must be S Gardens ?

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Red light areas are all PAP wards

Re Alunied GRC I believe the upper middle class in the Serangoon Gardens vicinity voted heavily against the ruling party.

gahmen will punish these middle class folks in that area and make them repent for the next 5 years
    quite agree. when the MP visited us, most of the landed property owner never open their gates. Maybe they are really not at home. my oppsite and imediate neighour all never open. think must have voted for the WP.

I pity Mrs Lim on the serangoon garden dormintory saga...
    In the other Landed Property area withinin distirct 19, resident complains that transportation within Poh Huat and Kovan very inconvenient, MP introduced a private bus to serve the area. It was scrapped after dont know how long as the bus is always fetching 'ghost" passenger... see bei cham... very hard to please those Higher Middle Income group...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    SING = IRISING ?

you signed up using different identity ??
    Once I log out, sometimes I have problem in logging in.

Quote Originally Posted by sing
    Once I log out, sometimes I have problem in logging in.

ic

what i was trying to say to you earlier was that ...

those PAP activities organised by PAP rc ...obviously did not invite, and they never will invite the Opp ..

so of course you dont see them and dont know them ..

Opps are not allowed to organised any activities without permits from PAP ...which most likely always kana turned down ..

so how fair is this system ?

trying very hard to isolate the people from Opps right ?

so i think its not fair for you to comment that you dnt even see them or know who they are

you should question the system instead

ic

those PAP activities organised by PAP rc ...obviously did not invite, and they never will invite the Opp ..

Opps are not allowed to organised any activities without permits from PAP ...which most likely always kana turned down ..

so i think its not fair for you to comment that you dnt even see them or know who they are

for my case, i nvr see both teams.....only saw PAP van.....opp teams i only see them on Utube...LOL

in the first place the prop prices there hasnt gone up as much as other area also lah

so no big deal

my friend staying in S garden for last 12 yrs ...said his landed house , prices only up last year ... from 06-09/10 he said hardly see any big move

maybe thats why they tulan ... voted PAP ..prices also never really go up ... and yet hear PAP threaten people that if vote for OPP their prop price will be affected ( down obviously)
    Most of the landed properties all over singapore's price was quite stagnant for many years...

Only recent years, the price really chiong a lot. My brother was looking for landed in Serangoon Garden so I also go and kaypoh. The asking price is in my opinion really quite high. Average is about 800-1000 psf just for the land only.

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    Most of the landed properties all over singapore's price was quite stagnant for many years...

Only recent years, the price really chiong a lot. My brother was looking for landed in Serangoon Garden so I also go and kaypoh. The asking price is in my opinion really quite high. Average is about 800-1000 psf just for the land only.
    yes....but last yr alone certain landed area almost doubled

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    When all landed experienced their big jump, what was the percentage 'enjoyed' by the residents of Serangoon Gardens? I got a friend who bought his semi-D around 1.5M 1 year+ ago, dunno if it's worth 3M now??

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    When all landed experienced their big jump, what was the percentage 'enjoyed' by the residents of Serangoon Gardens? I got a friend who bought his semi-D around 1.5M 1 year+ ago, dunno if it's worth 3M now??
    S Gdn landed was still very much dead in 2006/7 ...
    probably only in late 2009, to mid 2010 that we saw some upward revision in psf ...

while surprisingly... pasir panjang was the first to register 1000 psf for a new landed in 2007 ...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    not all such big jump la....depends on entry px too.....

I SAD ARGH!!! condo nvr jump so much! VOTE FOR OPPOSITION!!!!!!!!!!

probably only in late 2009, to mid 2010 that we saw some upward revision in psf ...

while surprisingly... pasir panjang was the first to register 1000 psf for a new landed in 2007 ...
    got jump in prices ppl bey song!!1 tats y vote for opposition! bcoz their frens and relatives like me nvr enjoy such big jump!!!! UNFAIR!

vote for opposition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ban PR from buying Landed at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tell PR to buy 99LH landed! HAHA

tioh.. before june 2007, when I was house hunting, can easily get a landed below < 450-480 psf if I remember correctly... now really boh liao...

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    tioh.. before june 2007, when I was house hunting, can easily get a landed below < 450-480 psf if I remember correctly... now really boh liao...

still have

i thinik its 480 psf ...FH ......

8000 sqft land .... asking 3.8 mio ....

near Kranji cemetery

i am not kidding

still have

i thinik its 480 psf ...FH ......

8000 sqft land .... asking 3.8 mio ....

near Kranji cemetery

i am not kidding
    Oh the Jln Bumbong/Jln Rasok there, where bukit villas is. But the location is really bird don't lay eggs place. haa haa.

serangoon gardens is pretty crowded. A lot of units so a lot of competition between sellers.

+ the workers dorm. now go under opposition....

That is correct. Maslow's hierachy of needs here. Once you're well-fed with basic need achieved, u think about self-actualisation and contribution to society and personal diginity. Most of the opposition parties underpolled at HDB flats and overpolled at private estates. I won't say "rich people" - rich people who are the PAP Ministers at Tg Pagar GRC no one dare to fight. But based on feedback, the upper middle class areas like Bukit Timah, Holland, Serangoon Gardens, Hillview, East Coast condos etc apparently has strong opposition votes.

Quote Originally Posted by wenqing
    Base on reports, ironically many rich people at Serangoon Gardens, Condos at Aljunied GRC and East Coast GRC who voted for WP.

It was the the HDB people that voted PAP.

Many Ferraris and Lambos were seen at WP Rallies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    That is correct. Maslow's hierachy of needs here. Once you're well-fed with basic need achieved, u think about self-actualisation and contribution to society and personal diginity. Most of the opposition parties underpolled at HDB flats and overpolled at private estates. I won't say "rich people" - rich people who are the PAP Ministers at Tg Pagar GRC no one dare to fight. But based on feedback, the upper middle class areas like Bukit Timah, Holland, Serangoon Gardens, Hillview, East Coast condos etc apparently has strong opposition votes.
    govt released the voting patterns liao?

u conclude based on wat?

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    serangoon gardens is pretty crowded. A lot of units so a lot of competition between sellers.

+ the workers dorm. now go under opposition....
    confirm drop till buay jin chu!

can ask for 50% discount?

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    Any insights? Shall we keep track if property prices will drop in these areas? I better standby my 5% cash to go in.. M looking at Kovan or hougang, much cheaper than bedok reservoir i think. M glad that I have waited despite people saying I might miss the boat. Waiting to rejoice to lower property prices after the revise of income ceiling etc new measures haha!
    Highly unlikely. In fact, it is good for Aljunied GRC. Best of Both Worlds. The PAP will fight to win back Aljunied for the next 5 years. Many new development/plans will be in place. Maybe even a new MRT or LRT line. A heavyweight Minister will be needed in order to win Aljunied at the next election. Who knows, maybe even PM himself will stand in Aljunied.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Highly unlikely. In fact, it is good for Aljunied GRC. Best of Both Worlds. The PAP will fight to win back Aljunied for the next 5 years. Many new development/plans will be in place. Maybe even a new MRT or LRT line. A heavyweight Minister will be needed in order to win Aljunied at the next election. Who knows, maybe even PM himself will stand in Aljunied.
    i doubt there will be exciting new developments in the Aljunied area as this will only send a signal to others that it is okie to vote and be under the opposition. There must certainly be a distinction between a PAP and opposition ward, else how to gain votes for the next elections?

I feel that PAP will still continue to develop the Aljunied area but it won't be anything big. PAP might even prepare a team of MPs to be at Aljunied GRC to make their presence felt early before the next elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    ... But based on feedback, the upper middle class areas like Bukit Timah, Holland, Serangoon Gardens, Hillview, East Coast condos etc apparently has strong opposition votes.
    are you sure ? where are your sources ? from "my" sources at least in some areas above the PAP support is die hard.

ic

To be very frank, I only joined them once last yr when my husband went to RC to register for his health screening at $3 per person. He bought the family night tickets from the RC at $2 each which include food and drinks (Programs : Karaoka, dancing and some entertainment programs). Our MP also joined in the fun. He sang 2 songs for us (Hokkien / Mandarin) and dance with the residents. This was the 1st time I saw him out of 12 years staying there because normally I don't join those activities. He gave me a very deep impression. There is also a brisk walking being organised monthly but I didn't join, cannot wake up so early la, haha!

I only saw the poster of the opposition party on the lamp pole, never see his real person neither did I hear any talk from him. FYI, I'm from SMC constituency.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSG
    i doubt there will be exciting new developments in the Aljunied area as this will only send a signal to others that it is okie to vote and be under the opposition. There must certainly be a distinction between a PAP and opposition ward, else how to gain votes for the next elections?

I feel that PAP will still continue to develop the Aljunied area but it won't be anything big. PAP might even prepare a team of MPs to be at Aljunied GRC to make their presence felt early before the next elections.
    It is a tough call. For SMCs like PP or Hougang, yes. That "vote and repent" strategy may work and it took many years before PP became PAP ward again. But, Aljunied is a big GRC and PAP cannot afford to allow this opposition nest to grow and influence neighbouring GRCs and SMCs. If you analyse the results, except for AMK and Pasir Ris-Punggol GRCs, all the other neighbouring GRCs/SMCs (East Coast, Tampines, Joo Chiat, Punggol East, Sengkang West, Bishan-Toa Payoh, Marine Parade) registered less than 60% share of the votes. Aljunied in the last election had 56% share of the votes.

How many more ministers can PAP afford to lose through Aljunied? If they ignore Aljunied and continue to let the opposition take control there, then it will be the case of the parable of the boiled frog, like what Hougang has done to Aljunied.

The stakes are high indeed.

Paya lebar airbase under control of WP as well?

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    I seriously doubt PM will contest there directly because PAP is super kia su and the stakes are simply too high for PAP. They might not want to deploy any big ministers too for fear of losing them. 2 scenarios can happen. 1. They deploy one or two ministers who's screwed up during next 5 years to fight to redeem themselves. 2. They will throw in a really big ridiculous incentive to Aljunied to win back precious votes. I'm moving to Aljunied le..

Why GE 2011 is a watershed GE?
    1. First GRC lost
    2. End of an era for CST
    3. Next 5 years is make or break for opp. If WP can deliver, PAP beware. If WP cannot deliver, back to square one
    4. Up to 82 or 87 seats contested, unprecedented aka 2.2mil voters (highest in history)
    5. Govt allow new media campaigning
    6. Youngest ever MP elected at 27 yrs old
    7. Youngest candidate at 24 yrs old
    8. PAP said sorry
    9. GRC system severely questioned
    10. The returning officer Mr Yam Ah Mee became an instant celebrity

Pursuant to Section 49, Sub-Section 7E, Paragraph A of the Parliamentary Elections Act, I declare General Elections 2011 is indeed a watershed election.