Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shopping Center at Khatib?

Hm think this place is just goodfor a regional centre for table tennis n a mega kopitiam for the kopi Sohs to mingle n build grassroots network togarner even strong votes for the next 5 years....in the name of kampong spirit ....
    Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Poor richard - good intentions but kena shot down

Simply put - those with vested interests will want one, those without either neutral or against loh

But Lee Bee Wah smart - she knows she has 5 years to do something constructive before next GE unlike last time when all she needed to do was to sack table-tennis coaches

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    main problem for tat area is traffic jams

demand govt to disallow PR/foreigners from buying cars!

only citizens r allowed!

The entrance into Khatib from CTE is a nightmare during peak hours.. worse than CTE or PIE . MP Lim should tackle this problem first...

Yes, I agree Lentor Avenue sometime will be jam if there is accident or vehicle breakdown. Other than that, only slow moving at peak hours. I've been living in Khatib for 16years. I love this place because :

(1) Khatib is not as crowded as for example Tao Payoh.
    (2) From my flat, by walking 5mins to MRT, 8min to stadium/Safra/park reservoir, 10min to public pool & KTP hospital, 15min to Northpoint. Driving less than 5min to all these places.
    (3) In 1min are NTUC 24hours, Sin Sheong with its fresh seafood section, McDonald, a pizza shop, 3 foodcentres/kopitiam, market, clinics and shops.
    (4) There are a few schools around here with 3-10mins (I don't have kids so cannot recall the names)
    (5) My hdb flat is unblocked both front and back. Close to amneties but do not get the noise as separated by a the short flat that housed the NTUC, the flat is spacious with 9.5feet high ceiling. The only thing that distress me is the stupid roof work upgrading which caused the ceiling to leak, complained to Bee Wah and finally been fixed.

This is the view of the firework show at the field in front of Khatib MRT from my window http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNbcCmWMBJI

Thus a condo for me is for investment purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeablast
    Yes, I agree Lentor Avenue sometime will be jam if there is accident or vehicle breakdown. Other than that, only slow moving at peak hours. I've been living in Khatib for 16years. I love this place because :

(1) Khatib is not as crowded as for example Tao Payoh.
    (2) From my flat, by walking 5mins to MRT, 8min to stadium/Safra/park reservoir, 10min to public pool & KTP hospital, 15min to Northpoint. Driving less than 5min to all these places.
    (3) In 1min are NTUC 24hours, Sin Sheong with its fresh seafood section, McDonald, a pizza shop, 3 foodcentres/kopitiam, market, clinics and shops.
    (4) There are a few schools around here with 3-10mins (I don't have kids so cannot recall the names)
    (5) My hdb flat is unblocked both front and back. Close to amneties but do not get the noise as separated by a the short flat that housed the NTUC, the flat is spacious with 9.5feet high ceiling. The only thing that distress me is the stupid roof work upgrading which caused the ceiling to leak, complained to Bee Wah and finally been fixed.

This is the view of the firework show at the field in front of Khatib MRT from my window http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNbcCmWMBJI

Thus a condo for me is for investment purpose.
    nice view you've got there...so you are investing in Estuary? That's the nearest condo near your place? Or waiting for the new condo to be launched next to Shaugnessy?

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    The entrance into Khatib from CTE is a nightmare during peak hours.. worse than CTE or PIE . MP Lim should tackle this problem first...
    yup crazy lah.

I NEVER understood why PAP never fix that. That road jam like nobody's business and it is very easy to widen. Both sides is empty land.

Should have done it like 5 years ago.

Yah loh, now that Yishun's population is expending, some of the blk4xx bto have top liaoz. Many many more bto building now. Plus that hospital. Lentor ave and the SLE links need to expand.

Very soon Simpang NS12 MRT will be up if yishun gets even more congested.

My guess is it will be built on the plot near Sapphire, providing ease of transport to yishun residents, light industries and future Simpang town ( LRT to be built and link to NS12.

My guess is 2016-2020 but might be earlier with the north population rising rapidly.

I believe a good bet is an LRT will materialize. The feeder bus service there really sucks. I hope don't have to wait for the next election.

nice view you've got there...so you are investing in Estuary? That's the nearest condo near your place? Or waiting for the new condo to be launched next to Shaugnessy?
    i missed the boat for estuary . have book 8CY . now also want to check out this miltonia, drove past 2 days ago, they still setting the show room.

i read before that you guys discuss that the khatib stadium going to re-locate, is this going to happen? definitely will affect estuary in the future is this is true, as we don't know what will come up in that site later.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeablast
    i missed the boat for estuary . have book 8CY . now also want to check out this miltonia, drove past 2 days ago, they still setting the show room.

i read before that you guys discuss that the khatib stadium going to re-locate, is this going to happen? definitely will affect estuary in the future is this is true, as we don't know what will come up in that site later.
    Wow you are cash rich yah - 40% DP for 8CY and now for Miltonia...

They may build a sportshub around the stadium instead! See what the PAP has in store loh

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    yup crazy lah.

I NEVER understood why PAP never fix that. That road jam like nobody's business and it is very easy to widen. Both sides is empty land.

Should have done it like 5 years ago.
    If you look at Master Plan, Yishun Ave 7 will become alternative key artery for yishun residents to commute to CTE and TPE. ( believe should be via Seletar Hub, thus relieving some stress for Lentor Ave, i.e exit to Khatib.

Wow you are cash rich yah - 40% DP for 8CY and now for Miltonia...

They may build a sportshub around the stadium instead! See what the PAP has in store loh
    it's certainly due for "upgrading" if not shifted to elsewhere.
    Should pull down and rebuild into a space age sports hub and comes with shops, cafe, supermarket and not forgetting a toto outlet!

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    it's certainly due for "upgrading" if not shifted to elsewhere.
    Should pull down and rebuild into a space age sports hub and comes with shops, cafe, supermarket and not forgetting a toto outlet!
    Agree! Or they should build the 3rd IR around it!

Agree! Or they should build the 3rd IR around it!

Lol, along with china mei mei too?

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    Lol, along with china mei mei too?
    Might as well say put Disney land there

You should be happy if they dun make it another mandai cremetorium.