Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 611161718192021222324252631364146 ... LastLast

Thread: to Blackjack 21 Trader - waiting for explanation

Quote Originally Posted by rockinsg
    Advantage is only for people living in EUR/US where govt is printing money.. SGD will remain strong..
    what would you acheive by tying money down?

Infact buying property right now would be wrong move if crisis comes, cause property prices will fall for sure.. doesnt matter if SG or Lon or NY..

Its better to do bargain hunting then, rather then buying now..
    Yes and no... EUR/US will always have their influences on Singapore and home prices and especially our banking sector will be badly hit if Greece and Portugal and the rest of Europe crumbles and if US continues to remain in the slums, but Singapore has shown itself to be pretty resilient during crisis.

Well the problem is we will never know when are prices coming down or going up therefore if buying for homestay, anytime is ok since prices will surely climb again if it ever plummets during bad times. Homestayers have the advantage of time so no problem. Its investors with all the current uncertainties who must resist temptations to enter the market with a naive hope that prices will continue to climb! So yes and no!

issnt it funny, human behaviours. When then market crash 20-30% below their previous asking pple think it will fall some more n miss the boat. When the market is great and all the conditions are favourible, pple keep talking about market crash. Who wants to hold banana notes now? 5% inflation a year will wipe u out in 10 years.

Sure the market will crash, just not now lor. 2 IRs overtake the entire LAs Vagas Strip in terms of gambling revenue. Well i say again, we are in unchartered waters where we move from here is anyone's guess.

You are right. With bank interest rates so so low, the housing market will remain firm and strong for some time more! However, I'm skeptical that market will crash, as you've mentioned! You mean housing market? Maybe undergo correction, that's about it!

human behaviour lah.... people are emotional when investing.....
    that's why there is panic selling when market falls....
    only the big boys who look at technical analysis will feed off the emotions of people to make money.....

hence, some people say, studying psychology is very important in today's market

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

You don't understand. Let me tell you my prediction: When US and Europe recovers, property prices will fly through the roof, Singapore included! All those printed money will hurriedly want to change into physical assets of value otherwise they become "banana money"!

Very often, toeing the establishment policy is stupid action. Their policies are not meant to make you rich, but to suite their policy agenda. A very good example will be lowering LTV to 60%, actually, if 2 people have same financial muscle, the one with 80% loan is better off as he has more liquid assets on hand to take advantage of any opportunities that may arise. Same for 4-years SSD as it discourages people from switching assets before 4-years is up even when he spotted better opportunities (unfortunately there aren't good alternative at the moment other than properties - but who knows, there may be better opportunities 3 years down the road?). The alternative of keeping cash now until 3 years later is even more worse & more stupid!

Advantage is only for people living in EUR/US where govt is printing money.. SGD will remain strong..
    what would you acheive by tying money down?

Infact buying property right now would be wrong move if crisis comes, cause property prices will fall for sure.. doesnt matter if SG or Lon or NY..

Its better to do bargain hunting then, rather then buying now..
    Last edited by teddybear; 27-06-11 at 21:21.

Keeping in banks is indeed the thing to do. Other than the daily running of family marketing and to wait to pay for a property, money should be invested!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    You are right. With bank interest rates so so low, the housing market will remain firm and strong for some time more! However, I'm skeptical that market will crash, as you've mentioned! You mean housing market? Maybe undergo correction, that's about it!

Yup, talking about housing market

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    You don't understand. Let me tell you my prediction: When US and Europe recovers, property prices will fly through the roof, Singapore included! All those printed money will hurriedly want to change into physical assets of value otherwise they become "banana money"!

Very often, toeing the establishment policy is stupid action. Their policies are not meant to make you rich, but to suite their policy agenda. A very good example will be lowering LTV to 60%, actually, if 2 people have same financial muscle, the one with 80% loan is better off as he has more liquid assets on hand to take advantage of any opportunities that may arise. Same for 4-years SSD as it discourages people from switching assets before 4-years is up even when he spotted better opportunities (unfortunately there aren't good alternative at the moment other than properties - but who knows, there may be better opportunities 3 years down the road?). The alternative of keeping cash now until 3 years later is even more worse & more stupid!

You can certainly be right abt property prices rising.. but boy-o-boy, u can't be any wrong abt everything else..

...US and Europe recovery? last time I checked US has arnd 10% unemployment and not even optimistic Ben wouldn't predict anything better than 5% by 2015.. what recovery are you talking about?

US has already went "all in"... how much money you think they can print now with inflation creeping in?
    How long can a rally survive which has no fundamentals..

I never like policies too.. I prefer people getting burned and learn.. but these policies are meant by govt. to protect SG banks and people..

If they loan me at 10% LTV.. will be happy to take it.. even today
    Worse of worse just dump it ..

but not at 20% LTV.. no sir..I like playing with only other people's money

This is the biggest joke I have heard so far!
    So far, they are either too late or too early and over-do things!

You can certainly be right abt property prices rising.. but boy-o-boy, u can't be any wrong abt everything else..

...US and Europe recovery? last time I checked US has arnd 10% unemployment and not even optimistic Ben wouldn't predict anything better than 5% by 2015.. what recovery are you talking about?

US has already went "all in"... how much money you think they can print now with inflation creeping in?
    How long can a rally survive which has no fundamentals..

I never like policies too.. I prefer people getting burned and learn.. but these policies are meant by govt. to protect SG banks and people..

If they loan me at 10% LTV.. will be happy to take it.. even today
    Worse of worse just dump it ..

but not at 20% LTV.. no sir..I like playing with only other people's money

Hahaha my instinct tells me that that person is crappyfella reborned. Staglingrad's double.

Don't think so.. Have seen SGians.. they are so kiasu that they will overstrech and buy even for their childrens now cause else singapore will run out of land..hehe
    dont you guys afraid that SG will run out of land?

Hehe..fact is that you guys are funny.. there is a whole big world outside of this small little island..
    You talk of banana money.. let me talk of banana housing..what you guys are buying is banana house..actual cost of house is nothing compared to what you guys are paying...99LH at 1400-1500psf....real cost of it is not even 500-600psf....so who is really buying banana

No wonder govt is the one which has to control you guys....

The way you talk shows that either you didn't use your brain???

Take example, US so big, so much land outside of NY city, but their property selling at >US$4000 psf in core city? Those buyers are real idiot or what? But idiot can afford US$4000 psf? Can you afford and willing to pay for a 3 bedders at US$4000 psf?

Come to think of it, by comparison, Singapore so small, really will run of land if we didn't restrict foreigners from coming in! Think SG property buyers smarter than you think?

Property will become banana property if govt can print land ha ha ha! Fact is, we already have banana money and will have them for many years to come!

Don't think so.. Have seen SGians.. they are so kiasu that they will overstrech and buy even for their childrens now cause else singapore will run out of land..hehe

Hehe..fact is that you guys are funny.. there is a whole big world outside of this small little island..
    You talk of banana money.. let me talk of banana housing..what you guys are buying is banana house..actual cost of house is nothing compared to what you guys are paying...99LH at 1400-1500psf....real cost of it is not even 500-600psf....so who is really buying banana

The way you talk shows that either you didn't use your brain???

Take example, US so big, so much land outside of NY city, but their property selling at >US$4000 psf in core city? Those buyers are real idiot or what? But idiot can afford US$4000 psf? Can you afford and willing to pay for a 3 bedders at US$4000 psf?

Come to think of it, by comparison, Singapore so small, really will run of land if we didn't restrict foreigners from coming in! Think SG property buyers smarter than you think?

Property will become banana property if govt can print land ha ha ha! Fact is, we already have banana money and will have them for many years to come!
    Is govt selling land?air house ... that too all leasehold..which goes back to govt..
    You are more of a 99Y renter rather than owner..

Actually very simple, there is a whole world out there yet u r rocking here. And when u work here, u rent from 99LH airspace renters. The last 3 years I saw unprecedented fluctions in currency. Inflation errodition of cash. Asians are savers vs ang mo spenders. So in theory we are very worried.

Since u r here on expat package, r u paid in usd? R u holding banana $$$ then. US print so much $$$$ , if u happen to be old rich holding tons of prediluted usd r u worried. The same apples for EUROs, more so for euros foward looking.

Not everyone has your expertise to make big $$$ , so we hope to make some $$$$ from renters like u over long term. As long as govt does a good job of keep renters like yourself making big bucks here, we can still get by without suffering making the small rental yield n small capital appreciation.

Is govt selling land?air house ... that too all leasehold..which goes back to govt..
    You are more of a 99Y renter rather than owner..
    Buy FH the best. Then again 99y renter is as good as personal owner coz how many of us live pass 99 years old? Can well sustain 2 generations and by then some form of en bloc, etc would have taken place to extend your 99 y by another couple of decades...

i still dun feel the px is bubbly in general leh....only for some new launches

another 15-20% increase wil be goodie

3rd eye....... So fake scare over? Is property going to cheong or is KBW going to impose more draconian measures? Did he ask you or your grassroots to lim kopi? To find out your feedback?

He can't reply u now coz drinking kopi w KBW...

Then I look forward to more updates from him tomolo

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    Actually very simple, there is a whole world out there yet u r rocking here. And when u work here, u rent from 99LH airspace renters. The last 3 years I saw unprecedented fluctions in currency. Inflation errodition of cash. Asians are savers vs ang mo spenders. So in theory we are very worried.

Since u r here on expat package, r u paid in usd? R u holding banana $$$ then. US print so much $$$$ , if u happen to be old rich holding tons of prediluted usd r u worried. The same apples for EUROs, more so for euros foward looking.

Not everyone has your expertise to make big $$$ , so we hope to make some $$$$ from renters like u over long term. As long as govt does a good job of keep renters like yourself making big bucks here, we can still get by without suffering making the small rental yield n small capital appreciation.
    My fingers itchy again ! Brother DaytonaSS is right. The World's top 15% rich are all landlords. That is, they generate their wealth via rents or property investment.

The landlords are always richer than the bankers since time eternal. For example, our top billionaire is a landlord richer than our top banker. During ancient times like the Romance of the 3 Kingdoms times, the warloads are all landlords who build armies from peasants and farmers.

The Emperor in Ancient Rome is the biggest landlord known so far after the British Empire.

The reason why modern landlords are found almost certainly in advanced and developed country is because of the renting power of the tenants. You need to have a working city economy before the top 5% landlords can survive and indirectly support further economic activities like: small businesses, expatriates, foreign talents, education, medical industry, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    3rd eye....... So fake scare over? Is property going to cheong or is KBW going to impose more draconian measures? Did he ask you or your grassroots to lim kopi? To find out your feedback?
    wait till the Ghost month then tell u la, brother ......kekekekek

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i still dun feel the px is bubbly in general leh....only for some new launches

another 15-20% increase wil be goodie
    It's about there.... 5% every year to 15%/20% over 3/4 years before the cataclysmic orgasm, eruption, burst or whatever you call it.

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    It's about there.... 5% every year to 15%/20% over 3/4 years before the cataclysmic orgasm, eruption, burst or whatever you call it.
    Each qtr 2-3% leh....1yr abt 10%!

Each qtr 2-3% leh....1yr abt 10%!
    Just means the burst will come earlier rather than later.. 2012? Seriously Singapore cannot sustain this rate of price rise... Our dear minister better do something fast and quick if not that bubble will burst!!!

Hopefully no premature ejaculation.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Just means the burst will come earlier rather than later.. 2012? Seriously Singapore cannot sustain this rate of price rise... Our dear minister better do something fast and quick if not that bubble will burst!!!
    If u factor in 5% inflation den 10% ppty px increase become 5% in reality....

If only increase 5% per yr, it just maintaining ur purchasing power only

If u factor in 5% inflation den 10% ppty px increase become 5% in reality....

If only increase 5% per yr, it just maintaining ur purchasing power only
    Provided you are gliding along the prevailing inflation rate. Most people are not so 10% ppty price increase remains at 10%...

In two years time property will be 20% higher than now... And so when it burst it will drop 20%, so more or less back to square one.... Unless property prices drop within one year then will see a loss if you buy now.... By the way for property prices to lose 20% is not easy k.... Global financial crisis only drop 25% and its only for six months...

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    wait till the Ghost month then tell u la, brother ......kekekekek
    Aiyoh by then too late Liao.... Cm5 come already

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    Aiyoh by then too late Liao.... Cm5 come already
    LOL I need to wait out the signals from the European debt problem. You see, the fake scare I mentiond to you guys before? it is not over yet.

Many traders in the global markets miscalculated Greece and Spain debt problem. They think as I heard one trader on radio here said they are too small to have an impact on World economy. Well, they are wrong. How so?

This is because the European banks are the ones involved in lending to these economies before the crisis started. The size of the debts is of cause big comparatively to the sizes of the banks.

My take is very soon, one anal-list out there will realise this missing link and then scream at the Euro currency and the European banking stocks.

kekekekeke....