Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722273237 ... LastLast

Thread: to Blackjack 21 Trader - waiting for explanation

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Our yng n ignorant netizens equipped with new internet media toys r taking everything for granted.

They tot SG is a powerhouse and self sufficient
    plse dont create straw man

The harsh truth is that the young generation will eventually take over Singapore like a storm in shorter time than you can imagine... Rather than lamenting that they are ignorant, the wiser thing to do is to educate them to be more far sighted and global minded or at least national minded...

Quote Originally Posted by august
    plse dont create straw man
    Tats wat i gathered concluded from online citizen n hardwarezone etc

I dun expect every1 to agree wif me...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    The harsh truth is that the young generation will eventually take over Singapore like a storm in shorter time than you can imagine... Rather than lamenting that they are ignorant, the wiser thing to do is to educate them to be more far sighted and global minded or at least national minded...
    The wise thing to do is to reduce ur stake in sg

U see the yng ones taking up the mrt reserved seats?

Its just the beginning

parent's influence is more impt than school education. when the young study history, they do it for marks, tats all. wat MM lee said is correct, the young has forgot or don know where we come from and how we achieve now . how to let the young suffer to experience hardship??? probably school need to organise more social trip to 3rd world for the youngster to experience themselve

The MOTHER OF ALL REASONS PART 8: Why the Lions could become kittens later..

I ask You Lions one simple question:

How many of you invest in stocks and is very good at it ? hands UP ....

O....ok....like 43%

How many of you invest in forex and seldom got burnt? Put up your hands....1,2,3...o ok...like 15%

How many of you invest in HDB ? Put up your hands..come on... wahhhh very good like 90% !

How many of you invest in private propreties or even EC ? hmmm....only like 50%... o ok....let's see

Out of the above areas that the US$ is flowing into : stocks, forex, commodities, sophiscated financial investment instruments... NON OF IT IS FLOWING DIRECTLY INTO PROPERTIES HERE EXCEPT VIA LOCAL BANK LOANS.

To capitalise on this mother, you need to be an expert in investment or you have to hope you have a TOP CLASS GAHMENT TO WEAR so that the infrastructures around your Lion properties are attractive enuff to attract the BANK LOANS here.

Get IT?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Our yng n ignorant netizens equipped with new internet media toys r taking everything for granted.

They tot SG is a powerhouse and self sufficient
    when the young starts to travel around the world, they will appreciate the system better

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    when the young starts to travel around the world, they will appreciate the system better
    Not so sure.....expect them to stay in 5star hotels n personalised maid tagging along?

I am not asking you to go gamble in stocks/shares. I am telling you, back in 2008, many rich fellows selected many great units with good layouts and views. They are just not put into the market. This time I think these "good" units will be put into the market because of the higher risks exposure now. If you happened to buy one of these "good" units, half your property selection homework is already done for you. So, take your own sweet time.

If you want to unload, of course you unload the lemons first then save the gems for the last mah...

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    I am not asking you to go gamble in stocks/shares. I am telling you, back in 2008, many rich fellows selected many great units with good layouts and views. They are just not put into the market. This time I think these "good" units will be put into the market because of the higher risks exposure now. If you happened to buy one of these "good" units, half your property selection homework is already done for you. So, take your own sweet time.

If you want to unload, of course you unload the lemons first then save the gems for the last mah...
    Haha....surely lemons get rid first la....keep lemons n sell away gems meh?

But no point keeping gems if don't ever want to sell... cannot translate to liquid cash for spending unless u just want to pass down to next generation??? I would rather want to spend now.. oops!

But no point keeping gems if don't ever want to sell... cannot translate to liquid cash for spending unless u just want to pass down to next generation??? I would rather want to spend now.. oops!
    Wow...u surely understand the value of papermoney vy well

The idea is slowly sell away lemons n enjoy fruits first before others wake up n realise it actually taste so sourish

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

We also see these in recent GE.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishan Kid
    What is the best policy for the country does not neccessarily best for the people temporary.
    Over the long run, it benefit both the country and the people.
    The problem is some younger Singaporeans are impatient and still riding backs of the parents and not on their own credibility.

I think generally many young people who just stepped out into working society found themselves earning pathetic pay as compared to the rich people. So of course they will oppose, cos they have nothing to lose. They don't own properties or anything at all. They start with zero or maybe negative cos they have study loan and whatever debt.

Just like last time when china was under qing dynasty. There are too many people who have nothing to lose cos they are poor, so they fight and fight to bring down the govt and create a communist country so they can 'share riches'. Similar to what singapore is facing now.. The rich-poor gap increasing and a lot of people earn too little as compared to the rich, so they feel they have nothing to lose no matter things turn good or ugly.. But for people who are richer, owning properties of course they scared cos their assets values might disappear overnight. So, it's not a case of who is naive, who is immature or what.. it's all about personal interests.. Singaporeans are practical, not immature..

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    I think generally many young people who just stepped out into working society found themselves earning pathetic pay as compared to the rich people. So of course they will oppose, cos they have nothing to lose. They don't own properties or anything at all. They start with zero or maybe negative cos they have study loan and whatever debt.
    Think you are referring more to the middle class. The young people who just stepped into society will be excited with the first thousand they'll be making and going out to spend it like a king/queen. The middle class are those who've been working in the work force for 5 to 10 years and are still only earning a miserable amount compared to the rich that they buay tahan then voice it out by doing stuff, whatever it is...

For me, i'm more neutral. Invite FTs in to enable progress is good. But you cant overdo it until it keeps on increase the rich-poor gap. Otherwise one fine day, majority poor will just revolt, then all die together.

Must keep things moderate.. Sometimes the govt a bit overdo things. For eg, to invite FTs in, they go overseas beg clever PRC and Indian people to come here study, give there free school fees and allowance.. But a singaporean whose parent pay tax, gotta borrow cpf money to pay for uni education. So the govt is showing too little EQ.. They do this kind of thing sure make people piss off one ma.. not tactical enough.. i really worry, if they continue to show little EQ, revolt might really happen and our lion will become a shrimp eventually - dead shrimp..

Think you are referring more to the middle class. The young people who just stepped into society will be excited with the first thousand they'll be making and going out to spend it like a king/queen. The middle class are those who've been working in the work force for 5 to 10 years and are still only earning a miserable amount compared to the rich that they buay tahan then voice it out by doing stuff, whatever it is...
    Whoever it is, be it those just came out or work or those work for 5-10 years liao, still the same.. because they are at the stage of having more debt than assets, and majority of them have lousy pay.. So govt must be smart enough to please them a bit also.. They can haolian about their 20% GDP growth every year, but if this group of people didn't get 20% increase in wealth they will be pissed off.. Everything always must balance..

Whoever it is, be it those just came out or work or those work for 5-10 years liao, still the same.. because they are at the stage of having more debt than assets, and majority of them have lousy pay.. So govt must be smart enough to please them a bit also.. They can haolian about their 20% GDP growth every year, but if this group of people didn't get 20% increase in wealth they will be pissed off.. Everything always must balance..
    Agreed! The middle class is probably the largest percentage of the local population so pleasing this class would most certainly go a long way for PAP's cause....

more ah neh coming.........

Singapore likely to hire 60k Indian pros in 2011

BANGALORE: Singapore has emerged as one of the worlds largest hiring markets this year,and this offers opportunities for Indians.

The country expects to hire over 3 lakh mid-to-senior level professionals in 2011.Hiring firms say over 20% of this talentaround 60,000 people-will be from India,50% from within Singapore and the rest from other parts of the world.
    Zubin Shroff,partner in executive search firm Braithwaite Steiner Pretty,said Singaporean firms requirement for talent had multiplied this year,with all markets in the region growing.This is creating opportunities for many Indian professionals from across industries.

Singapore is the regional headquarters for many American and European banks,financial institutions,manufacturing giants,oil and gas companies,large IT corporations,mining firms,healthcare and hospitality brands.These companies are now expanding rapidly in Singapore and across China,Indonesia,Malaysia,Hong Kong,Vietnam and Australia.Hiring firms say some 40% of the 3 lakh recruits will be placed in Singapore while the rest will go into other Asia Pacific regions.

Jayanthi Y,chairman of hiring firm AdAstra Consultants,who is in charge of talent acquisition for Apac,said,Singapore today offers a never-before opportunity for Indian talent.Its proximity is an attractive element,while salary is the biggest attraction.Professionals receive 4 to 5 times what they are paid in India.

Jobs are available particularly in banking,hospitality,technology,manufacturing,oil & gas,healthcare,mining and textiles.

Global executives are attracted to Singapore for its high quality of life,congestion-free traffic movement,its safety standards.For Indians,the three--hour flying time and Singapores assimilation of Indian culture are added attractions.Most companies operate out of economic zones where the maximum personal income tax is 15%.

For me, i'm more neutral. Invite FTs in to enable progress is good. But you cant overdo it until it keeps on increase the rich-poor gap. Otherwise one fine day, majority poor will just revolt, then all die together.

Must keep things moderate.. Sometimes the govt a bit overdo things. For eg, to invite FTs in, they go overseas beg clever PRC and Indian people to come here study, give there free school fees and allowance.. But a singaporean whose parent pay tax, gotta borrow cpf money to pay for uni education. So the govt is showing too little EQ.. They do this kind of thing sure make people piss off one ma.. not tactical enough.. i really worry, if they continue to show little EQ, revolt might really happen and our lion will become a shrimp eventually - dead shrimp..
    Good Analysis.
    Agreed

[quote=samsara]Bro, you're a funny chap.

Singapore is blue-printed after Monaco. Our growth over the last few decades has been much watched by our neighbours and now the world. It will not be trivial to repeat that growth but we have the opportunity to springboard ourselves with what we have right now if the cards are played right.

Unfortunately, there is a trade-off. The vices are one of the easiest ways to bring in the moolah. The human vices arise from the needs of human beings, which in turn lead to the development of activities that cater to those needs. Prostitution, gambling (gaming being the politically correct word to use here), night-clubbing, drinking, etc.

you forgot one more ....

they making themselves the Royal family too ...and you know who i am talking about

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    more ah neh coming.........
    so time to buy city square residences and/or tanjung rhu condos?

Look guys, here's the plan:

1) Ahpunehnehs want to migrate here must buy completed properties. They cannot book new ones and wait for completion right?

2) So, just go to all the new launches and just window shopping and waste the developers' time la.

3) In due course, they shall panic and will ask for lower prices.

4) This is the time resale will drop a bit and new launch will drop a lot.

That is the time you can decide on the TOP CHOICE YOU WANT.

5) Then, when gahment open the next tap for the next wave from China.

6) You can then sell to the AH TIONGs and move to Sentosa liao la !

Correct or not I , Lion brothers here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2k_xNe7vW4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmicVxvMe0Y

quite true.. but the difficult part is balancing it..

1 potential benefit the government is looking at is Networking when all these students come out to work.. some may go back to their country, some may stay while some may go to other different part of the world... we never know that one day it creates more opportunities for our Country through the network that has been established ...

You see, if u dun go there, the developers can close the showrooms. Go there and window shop and gain your experience. Just do NOT BUY ! Waste their electricity and utilities, refreshment and drinks. You go , they lan lan have to on aircons what.. they already earned so much liao..time to subsidise la.

If hungry, just drop by for a bite la... Go and learn now... Make them panic...and let them FEEL the POWER OF THIS NEW MEDIA , LION BROTHERS! IT IS TIME ! In due time, they will relent and ask for lower prices. They got bank interests to pay also what...

Saturdays and Sundays good time to visit during mealtime...dun paiseh....go there and have an excursion .

You see, if u dun go there, the developers can close the showrooms. Go there and window shop and gain you experience. Just do NOT BUY ! Waste their electricity and utilities, refreshment and drinks. You go , they lan lan have to on aircons what.. they already earned so much liao..time to subsidise la.

If hungry, just drop by for a bite la... Go and learn now... Make them panic...and let them FEEL the POWER OF THIS NEW MEDIA , LION BROTHERS! IT IS TIME ! In due time, they will relent and ask for lower prices. They got bank interests to pay also what...

Before people here can do what you said, they need to start selling their holding units first.. if not they will sabo themselves.. But if they start cheong selling, then your tactic don't even need to start cos the market will correct or crash if everyone start cheong selling..

Don't need to chu so many patterns one.. whoever is the final few suay gias in the musical chair just count themselves greedy and suay loh..

Look guys, here's the plan:

1) Ahpunehnehs want to migrate here must buy completed properties. They cannot book new ones and wait for completion right?

2) So, just go to all the new launches and just window shopping and waste the developers' time la.

3) In due course, they shall panic and will ask for lower prices.

4) This is the time resale will drop a bit and new launch will drop a lot.

That is the time you can decide on the TOP CHOICE YOU WANT.

5) Then, when gahment open the next tap for the next wave from China.

6) You can then sell to the AH TIONGs and move to Sentosa liao la !

Correct or not I , Lion brothers here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2k_xNe7vW4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmicVxvMe0Y

Until your reach is to more than just the people in this forum, you cannot achieve your desired objective of disturbing the developers and making them drop the new project prices. Anyway, not as easy as you say. Some of these big players have holding power... They can play along and wait... not in the rush to sell everything. There are also so many out there who don't go to the forum and read what you write so they will still enter the market and disturb your desired objective...

Until your reach is to more than just the people in this forum, you cannot achieve your desired objective of disturbing the developers and making them drop the new project prices. Anyway, not as easy as you say. Some of these big players have holding power... They can play along and wait... not in the rush to sell everything. There are also so many out there who don't go to the forum and read what you write so they will still enter the market and disturb your desired objective...
    Why of course they can play along and wait what... The Sky People are watching their every move what... earn so much liao... Of cos me a nobody la ....go ahead...see how..this is the chance for them to accumulate some merits lor...if they want to forgo that for own greed I got no say mah...Want to huat...every Lion huat together mah...this is just my humble suggestion only Anyway, I got tons liao...why bother to sabo myself, right?

you know... i got a councilliation on how politicians should be paid here la...you see.. they can always be paid super high salary is nobody business lor...

BUT methink they should fixed a lower portion like yearly salary of S$500,000 for them. The rest of the S$2,500,000 annually is accumulated and locked until they succeed in getting the mandate from happy voters in the next Election 5 years later lor.

If they are popular,then PM can release the difference in amounts in arrears to the worthy ministers la...

Just a humble suggestion only la...Dun listen to my nonsense also can one...