Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924293439 ... LastLast

Thread: to Blackjack 21 Trader - waiting for explanation

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    May 2011- drop
    June 2011-dropper- HEAVY DROP IN US DOW
    July 2011- dropperest - US RELEASING MOTHER OF ALL DATA
    Aug 2011- Can consider entry point but depends on May,June,July figures. If dropped too much, IT IS BETTER TO WATCH AND WAIT FIRST.

Your prediction comes about only after CM5? April figures go north leh!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Your prediction comes about only after CM5? April figures go north leh!
    The Past does Not Equal the Future.

阿弥陀佛。。。。

May 26 8:30 AM GDP - Second Estimate Q1 -
    May 26 8:30 AM GDP Deflator - Second Estimate Q1 -
    May 26 8:30 AM Initial Claims 05/21 -
    May 26 8:30 AM Continuing Claims 05/14 -
    May 27 8:30 AM Personal Income Apr -
    May 27 8:30 AM Personal Spending Apr -
    ====================================================
    (FOR USA la, NOT SIngapore hor....)

Good News ! Fed may consider selling some of her assets and restoring her group of economists to managing the US Economy via interest rates. A clear sign that US is on hold of her recovery. The numbers in late May might not be as pessimistic after all.

Anyway, just bear in mind to select properties carefully if you really want to expand your portfolio. The following are important pointers for investment properties in the Lion City:

1) Good layout- beware of ledges, too big planters and bay windows.

2) Good Location- esp. near, next or above MRT

3) Near to Major Expressway. Remember the higher the level, the louder the traffic noise.

4) Near Schools. This will prevent the sprouting of sleezy pubs around the area.

5) Near Higher Learning- This will ensure good rental returns.

6) Near Business Parks - Ensure good rental returns and sales demand. Many expats are buying instead of renting now.

7) Look for expats hotspots: Holland Village, River Valley, East Coast, Upper Changi, Orchard, etc..

8) Avoid sleezy locations: because there are so many good units in the market now, why choose the lesser? Choose the betterest ones ! ( Betterest- a term used by a Singaporean Minister- meaning : can be better than better, but can never be the best ! )

9) Remember Japan has joined in the global pumping recently. So US might not have much room to move her rates because of the risks in importing inflation- her actual fear she has been trying to hide.

10) Take your own sweet time, make the developers PANIC ! It will work.

11) It is a Buyers Market now, press the Sellers for a good price

Mr 3rd eye..... So is now a good time to buy? If yes why? If no why? Thanks....

Mr cock eye Liao. Hahaha

Anytime is a good time to buy or sell. There is always a better time to buy or sell. Otherwise, you will see zero volume.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCR

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Anytime is a good time to buy or sell. There is always a better time to buy or sell. Otherwise, you will see zero volume.
    U certainly sound like an agt

Not bad to be an agent who can make millions.
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    U certainly sound like an agt

Dear bro CCR, your humble brother here dare took the liberty that the 3rd eye u r referring to is me. You made me very happy and machiam today I walk like got wind blowing on my beautiful hairs like that. Very happy u address me as that

Anyway, to buy or not to buy depends on ur property portfolio now and whether if u have the holding power.

You see, there are more and more good resale units being released into the market since the day my idol Mr Mah left the office. So, if u want to buy, make sure you grab the betterest among the better ones: Good size, layout, view, location, population density,amenities,shoppings,business districts,etc. These pointers I had already brought up in my previous posts years ago and you can search them out using the forum's search function lor.

Brother CCR, today we have arrived. Yes indeed: politically, economically, culturally and graciously. The Ahpunehnehs are the first wave as I mentioned. Once the first wave took root, the next several waves shall arrive.

However, if u are holding many properties, it is a good time to hold some cash and release some into the market. The demand is strong, but the price I fear will be weak due to the many supply coming on. At the moment, I do not see how the MIW would want to risk opening the immigration tap again.

You see, the first solid ahpunehnehs wave to the Lion City is very important. As they are the New Yorker like Bankers to lay the financial foundation here. The next wave will be the innovators- the Nippons. Then will be the entrepruneurs- the Ah Tiongs and finally the inventors: The Angmokias.

If we want to move towards that direction to be the Swiss in the East. We definately need these waves coming within the next 20 years. Otherwise, the whole World would have advanced beyond us. By then, our middle class could be left behind and too weak to make any noise like now.

We need a very strong gahment like PAP. Why is it so is because if you look at the Angmo style of democracy being put into asian countries here, you end up with the women going foreign cities to work and the male idling at home. Or, like Taiwan, the whole world advanced while they remained stagnant under Mr Chen.

The cruel reality is this: There will be the arising of Super Landlords in the Year 2015 and the Mass Exodus of the Super Rich in the Year 2012. Can we be competitive by then?

Good Luck.

Disclaimers: JMHO.This message is Not an advice for investment decision.

The god will create the crash with public sentiments with justification.

The god will come in and be the master landlord once again.

The god will sell it back to u later

The god is watching...

The god is moving...

The god is coming...

Thanks man... I think OCR will stagnant and the next two years will see CCR join in the rally ofthe last two years and catch up.. What do you think 3rd eye?

If you say demand will remain strong but prices might be weakened, are you saying that external forces will control the price, like MIW coming in strong on this??? With SSD, want to sell also need 4 years, what advise do you have on this?

If you say demand will remain strong but prices might be weakened, are you saying that external forces will control the price, like MIW coming in strong on this??? With SSD, want to sell also need 4 years, what advise do you have on this?
    Brother ysyap, in the past, you have done many good deeds with your selfless sharing and imparting of knowledge to fellow humans. Hence I am sure you will be guided by your own wisdom angels due to these good deeds you have done.

I can only share with you the following:

1) Japanese Earthquake is totally unexpected. This will stalemate the World Forex causing the Fed interest rates to be range bound. So, rates could move up but is definately capped at this point in time. So SIBOR should remain low until time which Japan emerge from her current recession.

2) The Japanese Radiation impacts many critical and heavy industries on the East Coast of Japan. These factories may not see the light of the days anymore. As a result, Japan will keep pumping Yen like US$ to get out of the big hole she's in now.

3) US and Japan have to quicken their rebuilding efforts. This is due to China arising very fast to be World's Super Power. That is why you see Obama seeking the favor of India and Middle East.

4) Many apartments in China are being squatted by the wealthy with the intention to be Super Landlords much like the Tang Dynasty in ancient China or the Roman Empire in ancient West. What could happen in the very near future is the newer middle class can only hope to rent their property and will not be able to afford to buy anymore. The old group of middle class which managed to buy some properties in the past 20 years will emerge to replace the current landlords while the new middle class of the future shall remain as tenants until further notice.

5) MIW will definately control the immigration tap. So short term wise, you should see the prices weakened and some developers getting panicky. However, the MIW cannot afford to close the tap for too long due to the rapid advancement of Emerging Super Economies like Brazil,Russia,India,China and Africa. I see the near future world to be 8 Super Powers against 2.

6) USA will lose her leadership position in about 10 years time unless she is willing to give up her dollar's position ( Contrary to popular belief, US$ leadership = USA leadership weakening ). If however, USA allows her leadership in $ position to be shared among the BRICA, then there is a likely chance she will remain as the Big Brother. You see, US$ no longer represent Washington but the Rest of the World. If She take the smart move and compromises on certain trade issues, the World could avoid a currency war which She could lose both her leadership positions totally.

7) China, Russia and India will tighten their domestic housing policies. They would never want to risk ending up like Middle East. Because in these 3 great countries, the middle class is the BIG BULK HIGHLY EDUCATED INTELLIGENT AND VOCAL of the population. They will take care of this class which will then resulted in many of them investing in the Asia Pacific Rims instead. Why not London and New York, you asked. Because the West is facing many problems now which may not get solved until 30 years later. By then, it is not their problem anymore la...

8) The new center of civilisation will be here to stay. That is the reason why you see many Angmokias moving to advanced Asian Cities like Shanghai, HK, Taipei,KL and Singapore in the past 5 years. These cities have the infrastructures and stabilities they want for innovations and businesses.

May your wisdom guides you, brother

Thanks man... I think OCR will stagnant and the next two years will see CCR join in the rally ofthe last two years and catch up.. What do you think 3rd eye?
    Yes only ur ccr chiong

My simple theory is that there should always be a three to four times gap between OCR and CCR as evident by other housing prices in new York, London, hk, these cities also have excellent transport nodes and suburban malls and yet the price gap is at least three to four times, so now if OCR prices is 1k+ then those in D10 should be at least 4+ to 6+k depending on the type of housing.... That is the basis of my view... I mean how can keppel prone t in jurong sell for 1+k and dleedon sell for 1.5k+ psf? Does it make sense? I believe sin is unique but all global cities have similar attributes in terms of global pricing.... Hence my views... We'll see if it comes true in one years time.... Very soon..

Marq n jurong is indeed 4-5times

Hahaha

Singapore is of medium scale compared to large scale lilke New York or even London. Factors influencing prices may not be the same or have the same impact. Prices in singapore seems to be isolated in forming mini core wrt to mrt stn, super-prime areas, GCB, canal or reservior view, seaview, etc.
    My simple theory is that there should always be a three to four times gap between OCR and CCR as evident by other housing prices in new York, London, hk, these cities also have excellent transport nodes and suburban malls and yet the price gap is at least three to four times, so now if OCR prices is 1k+ then those in D10 should be at least 4+ to 6+k depending on the type of housing.... That is the basis of my view... I mean how can keppel prone t in jurong sell for 1+k and dleedon sell for 1.5k+ psf? Does it make sense? I believe sin is unique but all global cities have similar attributes in terms of global pricing.... Hence my views... We'll see if it comes true in one years time.... Very soon..

No need to wait 1 year... now OCR already hovering between 900psf to 1100psf on non-MM units and CCR already at 4000+ to 5000 psf minus that one record set recently so its already happening... But if FT and FW floodgates opened, then OCR will surely climb even faster le... may not happen so quickly now that people complained like crazy... so CCR will climb steadily lor...

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Singapore is of medium scale compared to large scale lilke New York or even London. Factors influencing prices may not be the same or have the same impact. Prices in singapore seems to be isolated in forming mini core wrt to mrt stn, super-prime areas, GCB, canal or reservior view, seaview, etc.
    When times are good, all that you say make sense and Singapore is indeed different from the dynamics of NY and London but when times are bad all places are equal...

The truth will come when downturn comes.
    No need to wait 1 year... now OCR already hovering between 900psf to 1100psf on non-MM units and CCR already at 4000+ to 5000 psf minus that one record set recently so its already happening... But if FT and FW floodgates opened, then OCR will surely climb even faster le... may not happen so quickly now that people complained like crazy... so CCR will climb steadily lor...

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    Brother ysyap, in the past, you have done many good deeds with your selfless sharing and imparting of knowledge to fellow humans. Hence I am sure you will be guided by your own wisdom angels due to these good deeds you have done.

I can only share with you the following:

1) Japanese Earthquake is totally unexpected. This will stalemate the World Forex causing the Fed interest rates to be range bound. So, rates could move up but is definately capped at this point in time. So SIBOR should remain low until time which Japan emerge from her current recession.

2) The Japanese Radiation impacts many critical and heavy industries on the East Coast of Japan. These factories may not see the light of the days anymore. As a result, Japan will keep pumping Yen like US$ to get out of the big hole she's in now.

3) US and Japan have to quicken their rebuilding efforts. This is due to China arising very fast to be World's Super Power. That is why you see Obama seeking the favor of India and Middle East.

4) Many apartments in China are being squatted by the wealthy with the intention to be Super Landlords much like the Tang Dynasty in ancient China or the Roman Empire in ancient West. What could happen in the very near future is the newer middle class can only hope to rent their property and will not be able to afford to buy anymore. The old group of middle class which managed to buy some properties in the past 20 years will emerge to replace the current landlords while the new middle class of the future shall remain as tenants until further notice.

5) MIW will definately control the immigration tap. So short term wise, you should see the prices weakened and some developers getting panicky. However, the MIW cannot afford to close the tap for too long due to the rapid advancement of Emerging Super Economies like Brazil,Russia,India,China and Africa. I see the near future world to be 8 Super Powers against 2.

6) USA will lose her leadership position in about 10 years time unless she is willing to give up her dollar's position ( Contrary to popular belief, US$ leadership = USA leadership weakening ). If however, USA allows her leadership in $ position to be shared among the BRICA, then there is a likely chance she will remain as the Big Brother. You see, US$ no longer represent Washington but the Rest of the World. If She take the smart move and compromises on certain trade issues, the World could avoid a currency war which She could lose both her leadership positions totally.

7) China, Russia and India will tighten their domestic housing policies. They would never want to risk ending up like Middle East. Because in these 3 great countries, the middle class is the BIG BULK HIGHLY EDUCATED INTELLIGENT AND VOCAL of the population. They will take care of this class which will then resulted in many of them investing in the Asia Pacific Rims instead. Why not London and New York, you asked. Because the West is facing many problems now which may not get solved until 30 years later. By then, it is not their problem anymore la...

8) The new center of civilisation will be here to stay. That is the reason why you see many Angmokias moving to advanced Asian Cities like Shanghai, HK, Taipei,KL and Singapore in the past 5 years. These cities have the infrastructures and stabilities they want for innovations and businesses.

May your wisdom guides you, brother

clap clap clap clap clap

high quality sharing.

Sg condos all got full facilities except boutique apts. And only super prime like hardcore orchard will maintain big gap....the rest all just faked prime..hehe

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Sg condos all got full facilities except boutique apts. And only super prime like hardcore orchard will maintain big gap....the rest all just faked prime..hehe
    Fake prime or genuine prime all just say say... what matters most is still the cost...

BJ21T 3rd eye master.......

What's your analysis of the crazy bidding of GLS by developers. Lastest one being JLD 2nd white site $1012.08psf. The developers seems to have unexplainable confidence at any price point also will have buyers......

i quote
    Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    omg....is almost double the minimum price. $1012.08psf, is higher than my expectation...... jurong huat ah!!!

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2011/pr11-59a.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    BJ21T 3rd eye master.......

What's your analysis of the crazy bidding of GLS by developers. Lastest one being JLD 2nd white site $1012.08psf. The developers seems to have unexplainable confidence at any price point also will have buyers......

i quote
    Dear brother DaytonaSS,

Many years ago, I see a great disparity in value perception between the local Singapore investors on Lion properties versus the value perception of foreigners on Lion properties.

Before the great financial crisis of 2008, there were many properties in the West for the investors to gain lucrative returns. The Western properties were returning at a rate of more than 12% p.a. And, before 2008, there were no new rich, just the new middle class.

The global scenario changed after 2008, when USA started pumping US$ into the world markets. This is followed by Japan this year 2011 when everyone is expecting a rate increase which now seemed very unlikely because of the Earthquake. If you read my previous posts here, you would have known by now in whose hands will the US$ and Yen will end up.

The big developers obviously have access to information you or the gahment do not have. You think they are stupid to take the risks and build indiscriminately? They have to borrow from the banks too. Unless they have done their due diligence and research on a market, they will never bid a single cent higher for a landbank. Simple as that.

Good Luck.

With the vast expansion of our MRT lines and transport highways. It will be in no time that the West Coast and East Coast have the potential to reach S$1800 and above. To you, S$1800psf is expensive, but in foreign lands, they have been living with that price for years. Under less cosy environments than us some more. Lion properties are severely undervalued.

I used to think the magic year will be 2018. Guess I was wrong and now think it will be 2012 because of the rate of completion of these infrastructure here.

Coupled with the watershed win by PAP. This will only expedite the building process. If you ever noticed, PAP already squatted many mass market HDB besides MRT stations for the general public. This is the advantage they gained for the majority of local Singaporean here.

Keep in mind too that in foreign lands, their tenure are mostly 30,60 or 70 years.
    While our HDB are already 99 years. So foreign investors' perception of property value is very different from you and me. They look at infrastructures and added convenience around a property, and not at the land value. This is especially so in property investment near institution of higher learnings or famous schools. You see, for us, we take education for granted. While for the foreigners, GOOD education is the top priority for their next generation.

When you made it in life under extreme conditions like poverty or war. Do you still want to risk your children's life in the same environment? Of course not ! You would pay any price for a condusive environment for them. Money can always be earned. BUT quality of life is a RARE FIND in our turbulent world.

Yes, one day they will return to their homelands to find their roots. But they wll only return when their homelands have advanced onto par with advanced economies like us. If they can afford it, they would want their next generation to be equiped with all the required skills under a good educational system.