Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Singaporeans do not want to pay Tin Peiling $15k a month...She should just get lost!

what happen? its gone.....possible to cut n paste anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    I think you are very polite to say "nothing strike"..... I tot it's more worst than that...
    Haha, no conviction in what she write....., lack of life experience...

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama

MP Tin Pei Ling tackles HDB income ceiling issue on Facebook

May 30, 2011 - PropertyGuru.com.sg

Tin Pei Ling, a Member of Parliament (MP) for Marine Parade GRC, tackled the issue of income ceilings for housing on her Facebook page on 27 May 2011.

In a post entitled “Short note on housing 1: Income Ceiling — a ‘ceiling’ that stifles? Likely,” Ms. Tin justified the need for the income ceiling and proposed several ways to determine and set the ceiling.

“Should there be a ceiling? I think there should still be one, so that only those who need public housing will benefit. This is the true spirit of HDB,” she wrote.

Elaborating on how the ceiling should be set, she noted that the current income ceiling for housing is set using the total gross income of all persons listed in the Application Form.

“But other measures are possible too, e.g. disposable income. Although this raises a separate discussion — what kind of expenditure is ‘must spend’ and what is ‘would like to be able to spend’.”

“All these affect the remaining disposable income. Essentially, the measures need to best represent the ability of Singaporeans to afford public housing.”

In addition, Ms. Tin also addressed questions such as “How much should this ceiling be?” She believes the income ceiling should be pegged to the 90th percentile of combined household incomes, since the home ownership rate of resident households is approximately 90 percent.

“But this might include a group of those who currently would have chosen private property anyway. However, if Singaporeans' incomes continue to rise, then the distribution of combined household incomes will be expected to shift as well,” explained Ms. Tin.

“In this case, a regular and cyclical review of the income ceiling should be conducted.”

To contact the journalist, you may send your message to [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    After reading the 1st time, nothing strike me, very general....
    You actually expect to be struck?

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    Its still there lah...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    You actually expect to be struck?
    Dumb struck, still no substance.....

Trying her luck to comment on housing issues, maybe try to get into KBW good books since GCT won't be long in politics given his age and also now no more SM....

90% is quite high isn't it. More than 10k right? Wah imagine if MND sets it at 12k and push lots of supply to the market, resale will crash very badly. Anyway I think she is sprouting nonsense when she talks about using disposable income as measurement. How is the HDB going to track haha and confirm..

Now ok, earlier connection got some issue with goggle.

anyway those who REALLY need HDB are those first time Singaporean buyers or those family with combined income below 5K.

imho.

HDB is a stepping stone for some who can earn higher income later on and they no longer "need" HDB.

flawed comment.

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    90% is quite high isn't it. More than 10k right? Wah imagine if MND sets it at 12k and push lots of supply to the market, resale will crash very badly. Anyway I think she is sprouting nonsense when she talks about using disposable income as measurement. How is the HDB going to track haha and confirm..
    Don't you worry. If she is short-sighted, the most impt thing is KBW cannot be short-sighted. It won't be implemented if it cannot solve our problems...

Default Tin Pei Ling resigns from Ernst & Young

Think her bosses at EY will be very happy, no need to have an MP around them anymore...

http://www.facebook.com/notes/tin-pe...05257689516133
    Focusing on MacPherson

by Tin Pei Ling on Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 10:49am

Yesterday (31 May 2011) marked my last day with Ernst & Young. After long and careful deliberation, I decided to resign from the firm to focus on my responsibilities in MacPherson and Marine Parade GRC. Working as a business consultant has been enriching and meaningful, and I deeply appreciate the confidence and opportunities that the firm has given me over the years.

I have now been on the ground in MacPherson for over two months. MacPherson has a large number of elderly and poorer households. I feel strongly for them. They require and deserve more help and attention, and there is still much that can be done for them. I have decided to spend more time on the ground, to better serve the needs of residents, and to implement my plans for MacPherson.

I will consider my longer-term career plans in the future, but fulfilling my duties to the residents of MacPherson will remain my first and utmost priority.

Youngest Member of Parliament Tin Pei Ling has quit her day job at Ernst & Young to focus on her duties as an MP.
    In a post on her Facebook page on Wednesday, she said, "Yesterday (31 May 2011) marked my last day with Ernst & Young. After long and careful deliberation, I decided to resign from the firm to focus on my responsibilities in MacPherson and Marine Parade GRC."
    Pointing to the large number of elderly and poor households in MacPherson, where she has worked the ground for over two months, Tin said, "I feel strongly for them."
    "They require and deserve more help and attention, and there is still much that can be done for them."
    Said the 27-year-old, whose entry into politics was marked by a flurry of criticism, "I have decided to spend more time on the ground, to better serve the needs of residents, and to implement my plans for MacPherson."
    Tin, who earlier rebutted claims that she was given a triple promotion to become a director at the audit firm, said working as a business consultant has been "enriching and meaningful".
    Her last held position was as a Senior Consultant. "I deeply appreciate the confidence and opportunities that the firm has given me over the years," she said.
    Tin, who is the subject of an ongoing police investigation for reportedly flouting Cooling Off day rules, had been with the company for four years.
    She added, "I will consider my longer-term career plans in the future, but fulfilling my duties to the residents of MacPherson will remain my first and utmost priority."
    Netizens were quick to react to her decision, with over 190 comments on her Facebook wall alone.
    Many applauded her move.
    Commenting on her post, Lim Kuan Sai wrote, "As much as I am one of those "anti-TPL", I commend you on your decision. Prove to "us" wrong and I am sure you will be an asset to your team GE2016."
    Another Darren Yan wrote, "Ms. Tin. You made a bold and obviously positive decision. All the best to your work over the next 5 years. I hope you'll continue to discern over the comments you receive online... I'm confident you will do well in your new role as a full-time MP."
    Ms Tin's decision also created a splash on micro-blogging platform Twitter.
    Fly Entertainment CEO and actress/host Irene Ang congratulated her on the move and tweeted, "Well done, Tin Pei Ling!! "
    However, others had a different view.
    Twitter user @michpalefacelim tweeted, "When I heard "Tin Pei Ling resigned", my heart sang. Then I heard "...from Ernst & Young".
    Another, Christopher Saw (@unseenshadows) tweeted, "Tin Pei Ling resigns. But not from Parliament. Life is full of bitter ironies.

Follow Yahoo! News on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.

she got lot's of heat from her alleged triple promotion.... can't take the heat, have to got out of the frying pan....

http://forums.vr-zone.com/chit-chatt...nst-young.html
    Last edited by sh; 01-06-11 at 22:35.

This bimbo should resign from parliament and keep her job with ernst. She thinks she really has a calling to serve the people, but the truth of the matter is nobody called her except the person who brought her in. Her pay day is coming soon and $15k down the drain for taxpayers.

Youngest Member of Parliament Tin Pei Ling has quit her day job at Ernst & Young to focus on her duties as an MP.
    In a post on her Facebook page on Wednesday, she said, "Yesterday (31 May 2011) marked my last day with Ernst & Young. After long and careful deliberation, I decided to resign from the firm to focus on my responsibilities in MacPherson and Marine Parade GRC."
    Pointing to the large number of elderly and poor households in MacPherson, where she has worked the ground for over two months, Tin said, "I feel strongly for them."
    "They require and deserve more help and attention, and there is still much that can be done for them."
    Said the 27-year-old, whose entry into politics was marked by a flurry of criticism, "I have decided to spend more time on the ground, to better serve the needs of residents, and to implement my plans for MacPherson."
    Tin, who earlier rebutted claims that she was given a triple promotion to become a director at the audit firm, said working as a business consultant has been "enriching and meaningful".
    Her last held position was as a Senior Consultant. "I deeply appreciate the confidence and opportunities that the firm has given me over the years," she said.
    Tin, who is the subject of an ongoing police investigation for reportedly flouting Cooling Off day rules, had been with the company for four years.
    She added, "I will consider my longer-term career plans in the future, but fulfilling my duties to the residents of MacPherson will remain my first and utmost priority."
    Netizens were quick to react to her decision, with over 190 comments on her Facebook wall alone.
    Many applauded her move.
    Commenting on her post, Lim Kuan Sai wrote, "As much as I am one of those "anti-TPL", I commend you on your decision. Prove to "us" wrong and I am sure you will be an asset to your team GE2016."
    Another Darren Yan wrote, "Ms. Tin. You made a bold and obviously positive decision. All the best to your work over the next 5 years. I hope you'll continue to discern over the comments you receive online... I'm confident you will do well in your new role as a full-time MP."
    Ms Tin's decision also created a splash on micro-blogging platform Twitter.
    Fly Entertainment CEO and actress/host Irene Ang congratulated her on the move and tweeted, "Well done, Tin Pei Ling!! "
    However, others had a different view.
    Twitter user @michpalefacelim tweeted, "When I heard "Tin Pei Ling resigned", my heart sang. Then I heard "...from Ernst & Young".
    Another, Christopher Saw (@unseenshadows) tweeted, "Tin Pei Ling resigns. But not from Parliament. Life is full of bitter ironies.

Follow Yahoo! News on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.

Does anyone have update on what this bimbo has done to date for marine parade? $45k down the longkang in three months

She's more seeing to the residents at McPherson. She was at the party for the retiring Ministers and Ex-MPs. Looked happy and relaxed ...

Any update for the Cooling Off debacle case? Police report but didn't see any update on that...waiting to die of natural cause?

Maybe just as well ...at least their is a precedent and for once it's not James Gomez and the Opposition...

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Does anyone have update on what this bimbo has done to date for marine parade? $45k down the longkang in three months

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    She's more seeing to the residents at McPherson. She was at the party for the retiring Ministers and Ex-MPs. Looked happy and relaxed ...

Any update for the Cooling Off debacle case? Police report but didn't see any update on that...waiting to die of natural cause?

Maybe just as well ...at least their is a precedent and for once it's not James Gomez and the Opposition...
    If its not an urgent case and nobody is making any noise, such police cases can stretch for years... Hmmm... its anybody's guess on the progress!

If like that our police really a mockery. Just issue tpl a fine and put a full stop lor
    If its not an urgent case and nobody is making any noise, such police cases can stretch for years... Hmmm... its anybody's guess on the progress!

No police action against Tin Pei Ling, Nicole Seah

By Alicia Wong

By Alicia Wong | SingaporeScene – 6 hours ago

MP Tin Pei Ling's friend is issued a stern warning for breaching the Parliamentary Elections Act by posting …

The police have ended investigations on newly-elected Member of Parliament Tin Pei Ling and National Solidarity Party member Nicole Seah, with the police saying they will not take further action against them.

Complaints were made against them for allegedly flouting the Cooling-Off Day guidelines in the May General Election. Both were said to have made Facebook postings on that day.

Police investigations showed Tin's posting was made by a friend, who acted without her knowledge, reported Channel NewsAsia (CNA). The police have issued a stern warning to Tin's friend for her breach of the Parliamentary Elections Act.

As for Seah, police said investigations found that the posting was made by a party volunteer. The police accepted the volunteer's explanation that he intended to post it before Cooling-Off Day but inadvertently did so after, reported CNA.

Tin told the broadcaster she is relieved by the outcome and hoped to put it past her and focus on serving residents.

Two Singaporeans and a foreign national studying here were also fined for defacing election posters. The three, a 62-year-old-cleaner and two youths, were fined between S$200 and S$400 for committing the acts in May.

I think MPs are over-rated and over-paid. It is best to depend on yourself, and not the MPs for help.

Any updates on this useless bimbo?

I went to the hossan leong show and saw them doing the impersonation of tin pei ling, I laugh until almost fall off my seat. The show up till 25 september, you guys can catch it at the drama centre theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    I went to the hossan leong show and saw them doing the impersonation of tin pei ling, I laugh until almost fall off my seat. The show up till 25 september, you guys can catch it at the drama centre theatre.
    What's the name of the show and how much? Need to take a break from hectic work..

It is the hossan leong show, you can book the tickets at sistic, prices start from $38, if not wrong there are shows daily.
    What's the name of the show and how much? Need to take a break from hectic work..

Bgt the tickets weeks back. Looking forward to hossan Leong show this sat. So far the reviews I've heard r fanastic!! He is really v talented

Should tickle your funny bone, enjoy it
    Quote Originally Posted by curio
    Bgt the tickets weeks back. Looking forward to hossan Leong show this sat. So far the reviews I've heard r fanastic!! He is really v talented

is he even remotely funny??

How come singaporeans like mark lee , kym ng, quan yifeng and hossan..is beyond me..

No offense

Hossan is renowned overseas as well, he is definitely more witty than all the others you mentioned. By the way he has a lot of french jokes that locals can't even understand coz he speaks french well. I think for his singapore shows, he caters more to local taste
    Quote Originally Posted by focus

How come singaporeans like mark lee , kym ng, quan yifeng and hossan..is beyond me..

No offense

Quote Originally Posted by focus

No offense
    Maybe their jokes don't appeal to you. Try Jerry Seinfeld! Personally i also don't quite go for Mark lee. Different people has different taste and appeal!