Thread: makena

Default makena

A fren of mine is keen on getting a 3 bedrm at the makena.
    Quantum around 1.8+m, main reason is that it near to some school.
    I Am not v familar with the actual projt but it look old, top 1998, freehold and the unit size seem v big, 1600+ft, for a family. That unit is a high floor,w sea view.
    Appreciate any feedback, thx

Isit high flr? Looks cheap leh....a few similar size tx 2mil oredi leh

Dun tell me px r falling?

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    I Am not v familar with the actual projt but it look old, top 1998, freehold and the unit size seem v big, 1600+ft, for a family. That unit is a high floor,w sea view.
    i dun understand ... why are people complaining its too big ?

in fact 3 bedroom 1500-1800 sqft is very ideal

i have seen 3 bedder 2100 sqft on 1 floor and not 2 ...

are we all getting used to mm units ? so quickly ? enuff to complain about unit being too big ?

its a rare gem now

he should grab all the big units there are just too many tiny 3 bedrooms of below 900 sqft

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

are we all getting used to mm units ? so quickly ? enuff to complain about unit being too big ?

its a rare gem now

he should grab all the big units there are just too many tiny 3 bedrooms of below 900 sqft
    Quantum matters la....

Papermoney shrinking mah

Wif 40%ltv.....not many can afford 2mil ppty.....nid ard 1mil cash lor....

its a rare gem now

Btw not many 3bedder below 900sqft....majority still ard 1100sqft

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Btw not many 3bedder below 900sqft....majority still ard 1100sqft
    if u can find a bedroom around 1500 -1800 sqft shoulkd just grab it ... very rare now

if u can find a bedroom around 1500 -1800 sqft shoulkd just grab it ... very rare now
    Many of them in orchard

No money

And the problem is paying 2mil++ for this makena for eg....one can buy a suburb landed....i wud choose a landed

A quick comparison with the rest of the developments in these area will show that if indded this is high floor with seaview, at $1.8m is a steal. You need 11-12 floor to clear the trees and even then you will see more trees and sky than the sea.

The condo is quite nice imo and its got a nice mix of expats and locals. While it seems old, one can easily spend $100k and it will look fantastic inside. Seriously if its 1.8m, your friend should grab it. I'm sure poachers in this forum would have activated their contacts to look for this unit....at least I did

Thanks, nice tip-off...

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    A quick comparison with the rest of the developments in these area will show that if indded this is high floor with seaview, at $1.8m is a steal. You need 11-12 floor to clear the trees and even then you will see more trees and sky than the sea.

The condo is quite nice imo and its got a nice mix of expats and locals. While it seems old, one can easily spend $100k and it will look fantastic inside. Seriously if its 1.8m, your friend should grab it. I'm sure poachers in this forum would have activated their contacts to look for this unit....at least I did

Oops, i think i generated more interest on this projt, not so gd for my fren who a buyer.
    He didnt said which floor, which stack, but he mentioned high floor,sea view.

Oops, i think i generated more interest on this projt, not so gd for my fren who a buyer.
    He didnt said which floor, which stack, but he mentioned high floor,sea view.
    I really doubt got ppl selling for 1.8mil wor....anyway gd luck to ur fren

In my view, 1600+ft is big for a family of 4, even with maid.
    A 1000+ ft will be just nice, for me.
    Guess most of the forumer ,incl my fren like big unit.
    Btw, appreciate the feedback, keep it coming.
    i will direct him to this threads.
    What the quantum and psf for makena now ?

really a steal? go read some reviews on propertyguru.com on this condo.

I did some of my own research. it seems this condo is not popular with chinese singaporeans because of its reputation as a place with a high concentration of persons of a particular ethnic background. that explains its low prices. I was going to buy, but there are other considerations.

how long will the sea view stay? There is a huge piece of reclaimed land in front of it. When it eventually gets developed.... sea view becomes ECP view.... what do you think is going to happen to the value.... Are you paying a premium for a view that is going away.... in sometime...

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    how long will the sea view stay? There is a huge piece of reclaimed land in front of it. When it eventually gets developed.... sea view becomes ECP view.... what do you think is going to happen to the value.... Are you paying a premium for a view that is going away.... in sometime...
    Shouldnt buy for the sea view. Besides, Sg `seaview' is really nothing spectacular, more like container and VLCC view. But the huge piece of reclaimed land infront could well be more valuable (premium) than whatever seaview there is now.

I'm vested here (not in makena but a neighbouring project) with a above ave size 3-bedder. 1 thing to note, if buying for investment yield, be prepared to settle for low yield or even no yield. Even for brand new project can take awhile to find tenant. But if buy for own stay, i must say its one of the nicer place to reside.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad

I did some of my own research. it seems this condo is not popular with chinese singaporeans because of its reputation as a place with a high concentration of persons of a particular ethnic background. that explains its low prices. I was going to buy, but there are other considerations.
    Hahahaha....what a joke. I'm a Singaporean chinese and I will gladly buy a unit here....especially if its at $1.8 mio for a high floor clear sea view unit. Spoken like a true loser who go to all condo threads to talk down other condos except for crappybelle. You want to buy cheap condo also dun have to be so obvious lah, haha.
    Last edited by HP65; 16-05-11 at 17:29.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad

Agree with you. Went there to view 5 units last year with my agent. It's very popular among a particular ethnic group just like Waterside at Tanjong Rhu.

Default Why so many sellers

I noted from Propertyguru that there are many sellers wanting to sell their units at The Makena. There are 101 advertisements (some could be repeated of course) for this 504 units development. Heard that the management is a pain with many restrictions. Can somebody who is familiar with this old development share more insight?

The project cannot make it. if u plan for rental be prepared on the limited scope of tenants.....

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    The project cannot make it. if u plan for rental be prepared on the limited scope of tenants.....
    As far as I know, Makena, like other older developments, has plenty of common spaces and good size layout. Apart from the strict management, the Makena including other developments around Meyer and Tanjong Rhu areas, has a good catchment of Indian tenants.

Could you care to share what other short comings that I am not aware of.