Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: WKS AND MBT are OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Bring back multi generation flats and let father mother have dual key to the wealth.
    Not possible lah... few young couples will accept that these days...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Not possible lah... few young couples will accept that these days...
    Dual key... Very popular right?

Dual key... Very popular right?
    i remember one of friend told me dual keys good, straight away rent out 1 side

But they will not be affected lor... they actually very wise to quit now... they will always be known as the last ministers to rest on super high pension, probably only behind the other two ministers, MM and SM... Hmmm... they actually benefitted big time also... hahaha!!!
    minister pay revised down, ppty price follow suit??

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    1 agent tell me to sell my unit, reason being "mah left liao, better to cash out the profit first"....

The question is revise down by how much? Revising is not enough, they need to reduce by at least 50% to be considered as anything
    Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama

What did I say? Change is inevitable. What goes up must come down, except ur age.

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    1 agent tell me to sell my unit, reason being "mah left liao, better to cash out the profit first"....
    yes and no.......pap will not crash the market....agent may talk up/down the market to generate buying/selling interest with this kind of news ... decision decision... decision....

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    The question is revise down by how much? Revising is not enough, they need to reduce by at least 50% to be considered as anything
    Too much, 1/3 already very good.

U suddenly revise so much down, means telling people u have been very well paid for a long long time.

My guess 20 percent with reduced bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    like that better ask WP do the job.... they have more passion. lol

Do u seriously think that prices will go up further except maybe just by inflation led. The risk for downside is very big.

It's like buying shares, hit target price must sell, never time to sell at peak, sell when price is right.

$ dont come easy now so ppty investment profits maybe slimmer under new minister and perhaps have to wait longer... unless u got razor sharp eyes can spot good projects.

high psf high risk
    low psf low risk
    high quantum high risk
    low quantum low risk

Do u seriously think that prices will go up further except maybe just by inflation led. The risk for downside is very big.

It's like buying shares, hit target price must sell, never time to sell at peak, sell when price is right.
    Ok I reluctant to sell is actually bec rental is covering the installment well.
    can any one tell me how the rental market going forward?

Rental is a dangerous thing.

Pro immigrant and foreign worker will result in more rental.

If pro local worker, rental will fall.

Do u expect that it will be tenanted always?

Waiting for price down 20% and foreigners not eligible
    So foreigners can only rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    Keep on waiting... rich foreigners will not want to come if they cannot even buy...

Ok I reluctant to sell is actually bec rental is covering the installment well.
    can any one tell me how the rental market going forward?
    How long more before tenancy expires? If another 2 years, then maybe can wait on but if its less than 1 year, its rather risky... anyway, housing markets usually takes couple of months to respond to policy changes. KBW may make a statement in the next 2 to 3 months otherwise it'll be a wait too long for many anticipating buyers/sellers...

I believe market will not crash. Maybe slight drop in price or just stagnate. I foresee more help for 1st timers...

Keep on waiting... rich foreigners will not want to come if they cannot even buy...
    We need rich foreigners. Agree that it will not be the case. Perhaps a restriction on additional properties if the first one is not fully repaid.

Or also introduce a capital gains tax

Or also introduce a new scheme that foreigners can only buy CCR? Maybe call it the integrated housing scheme since with have the integrated resorts.

Or selectively make some projects restricted and foreigners cannot buy, or buy up to 20 percent or buy only 6 floors up? So many ways. Maybe can even mandate buying to PRs only. Which means u get ur PR before u can buy. Wahahahaha

Hehehehe

We need rich foreigners. Agree that it will not be the case. Perhaps a restriction on additional properties if the first one is not fully repaid.

Or also introduce a capital gains tax

Or also introduce a new scheme that foreigners can only buy CCR? Maybe call it the integrated housing scheme since with have the integrated resorts.

Or selectively make some projects restricted and foreigners cannot buy, or buy up to 20 percent or buy only 6 floors up? So many ways. Maybe can even mandate buying to PRs only. Which means u get ur PR before u can buy. Wahahahaha

Hehehehe
    Good, we can just keep providing suggestions so KBW and his team may read the forum and gain some interesting ideas...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

How about foreigners (including PRs) cannot buy property <1000 sqft and <$2m?

Quote Originally Posted by Komo

Well this would b counter productive coz Singapore needs foreign money injection so if impose such restrictions, sure will backfire on economy.... But good... more suggestions are always welcomed...
    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    How about foreigners (including PRs) cannot buy property <1000 sqft and <$2m?

those are brainless agent, i too received msg like sell now more drastic measure coming..... such remarks only show how stupid tat agent is. do u think property price move up/down becos of MBT?? who is he to command such impact. yes his cooling measure might dampen mkt a bit but not becos of his presence tat sustain property price. wat make them think KBW cannot do a better job than MBT??

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    those are brainless agent, i too received msg like sell now more drastic measure coming..... such remarks only show how stupid tat agent is. do u think property price move up/down becos of MBT?? who is he to command such impact. yes his cooling measure might dampen mkt a bit but not becos of his presence tat sustain property price. wat make them think KBW cannot do a better job than MBT??
    They didn't think KBW cannot or can do a better job. They are just finding every opportunity possible to earn commission... Just doing their work.... lousy but still just doing it..

I suppose this is what they tell to:
    1) Agent to seller: "More drastic measures coming, sell now, sell at whatever price that buyers want to buy!"
    2) Agent to buyer: "Buy now, this is the best opportunity! With US still printing money like crazy, then Japan after the nuclear crisis and now Europe because of debt crisis of Ireland, Greece, danger with Spain, etc, more money will be printed and all these money will chase after hard assets and properties sure fly like crazy!"

Actually, (2) is true, still happening; (1) is just pure speculation .

They didn't think KBW cannot or can do a better job. They are just finding every opportunity possible to earn commission... Just doing their work.... lousy but still just doing it..

1) Agent to seller: "More drastic measures coming, sell now, sell at whatever price that buyers want to buy!"
    2) Agent to buyer: "Buy now, this is the best opportunity! With US still printing money like crazy, then Japan after the nuclear crisis and now Europe because of debt crisis of Ireland, Greece, danger with Spain, etc, more money will be printed and all these money will chase after hard assets and properties sure fly like crazy!"

Ok... buy now...

I think the new regulations, if any, will be yo make HDB very affordable n accessible to first the buyers.

So much so, the resale Cov will be dampened.

So much so that a big portion of up graders will be removed.

After all, HDB is subsidized prop, it's value will go up over time, but not overnight.

So that will impact private prop, if up graders have been a huge source of demand for priv prop

As for US printing money, I believe they have stopped....

It is very likely for US to start printing money again via QE3 after June to inflate away its debt. I don't see why it should stop as inflation is still fairly low in US and it needs lots of money urgently to revive its GDP and lower unemployment rate. Teddy's point (2) is why many people have given up on savings and invest in the property market.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    It is very likely for US to start printing money again via QE3 after June to inflate away its debt. I don't see why it should stop as inflation is still fairly low in US and it needs lots of money urgently to revive its GDP and lower unemployment rate. Teddy's point (2) is why many people have given up on savings and invest in the property market.
    US sure have to print more $$$. No question. Also going to up their debt ceiling... No end de... can't see US economy picking up over the next 2 years... sigh!!!!

As we are talking now, more debt crisis from Europe has erupted. This time it is Greece. More paper money is needed to solve the problem. What is the easy way to solve the problem for now? Print more money lor! . What is paper money physical value? Many people associate real paper money value with gold but I believe it should be land.

So assuming previously we have $100T paper money circulating can buy 100B sqft of land (just for illustration), equivalent to $1000 psf. They print and print and now we have $500T paper money. As land can't be printed or grow like the paper money, shouldn't the land now be valued at $5000 psf? Simple logic right?

Obviously, the land (& hence property sitting on it) price will not increase so quickly as printing money but as the money get circulated around looking for "homes" of worthy assets to park in, land (& property) prices will increase (for now slowly because of many cooling measures being introduced) but ultimately it is a matter of time before equilibrium is reached to match the amount of paper money increase. People should just ignore all the noises (eg. cooling measures which tends to make it more difficult psychological to invest and make money. People who know how to ignore the "noises" make the most money) .

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix

As we are talking now, more debt crisis from Europe has erupted. This time it is Greece. More paper money is needed to solve the problem. What is the easy way to solve the problem for now? Print more money lor! . What is paper money physical value? Many people associate real paper money value with gold but I believe it should be land.

So assuming previously we have $100T paper money circulating can buy 100B sqft of land (just for illustration), equivalent to $1000 psf. They print and print and now we have $500T paper money. As land can't be printed or grow like the paper money, shouldn't the land now be valued at $5000 psf? Simple logic right?

Obviously, the land (& hence property sitting on it) price will not increase so quickly as printing money but as the money get circulated around looking for "homes" of worthy assets to park in, land (& property) prices will increase (for now slowly because of many cooling measures being introduced) but ultimately it is a matter of time before equilibrium is reached to match the amount of paper money increase. People should just ignore all the noises (eg. cooling measures which tends to make it more difficult psychological to invest and make money. People who know how to ignore the "noises" make the most money) .
    An equilibrium will never be established. No way. By natural principles of economics, housing market lags all other industries. Then again your point to ignore noises is truly wisdom but the key to this wisdom is holding power. Only when one can hold on to the property, land will eventually appreciate. Qs is how long? 4yr SSD is reasonable amount of time for price appreciation in today's volatile market. Anything above that might be preferred for own stay...