Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WKS AND MBT are OUT!

ya, hdb prices cheong so much grant remain unchanged since the days i bot hdb.

so just give more cash grants and increase mop in return, everybody happy.

can even have tiered grant invisible to the seller, 5 year mop 50k, and 10k cash grant on every additional year of MOP they undertake.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Like that got problem... at 25, undergrads still studying... if got this rule, most will marry when still studying... very very disruptive.. sure got loads of opposition so will . I support the idea of increasing MOP to 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 years. The longer the MOP, the more the HDB grant for first timers. Not only can help affordability, can also help mad rush to upgrade so keep couples longer in HDB and not rush into private housing so keep prices in check...

wp policy is pegged to median income lah.

this suggestion is pegged to market but aimed at helping 1st time buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by wenqing
    This sounds like WP Housing Policy.

Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    ya, hdb prices cheong so much grant remain unchanged since the days i bot hdb.

so just give more cash grants and increase mop in return, everybody happy.

can even have tiered grant invisible to the seller, 5 year mop 50k, and 10k cash grant on every additional year of MOP they undertake.
    Last time 10yr mop too

I tink u r refering to resale flats? Bcoz bto flats doesnt nid alot upfront cash

ya resale. new flats no grant right? just 5% cash 5% cpf, but gotta wait so long how to procreate?

10k cash grant per additional year of MOP is nothing lah.. their stamp duty cash cow rakes in much more if there are more transactions in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Last time 10yr mop too

I tink u r refering to resale flats? Bcoz bto flats doesnt nid alot upfront cash

ya resale. new flats no grant right? just 5% cash 5% cpf, but gotta wait so long how to procreate?

10k cash grant per additional year of MOP is nothing lah.. their stamp duty cash cow rakes in much more if there are more transactions in the market.
    But like dat will push up resale px rite?

The idea is to maintain resale px n make bto more affordable rite?

if we open the floodgates to FT, resale price will rise.

so the idea is to help 1st time couples compete w FTs in securing a resale flat, and move some of the Q away from the BTOs.

Prices are artificially pushed up initially but will stabalize quickly as more people are staying longer in HDB so can't sell and can't upgrade. Also, these grants are meant to help those who are poorer and if managed carefully, these poorer ones will not be able to afford further price increase so with the additional grants provided, they can only just afford the resale hdb at current prices. The system should not allow those who are wealthier to take up the additional grants and jump into hdb resale to bid high high and upset the intricate balance.. All the best to KBW...

We have already seen in the last one year, quite a lot of perts taken away from PRs. Citizen should have more perts than PRs and FT.
    if we open the floodgates to FT, resale price will rise.

so the idea is to help 1st time couples compete w FTs in securing a resale flat, and move some of the Q away from the BTOs.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    I got a bad feeling... since KBW volunteered for this portfolio, he probably has something up his sleeve... the property market eagerly awaits his reaction... Hmm...
    Sigh to show off his prowess in the new post, the CM will probably be the mother of all measures. Good capital gains may be a thing of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Sigh to show off his prowess in the new post, the CM will probably be the mother of all measures. Good capital gains may be a thing of the past.
    He will be the greatest joker if his CM caused a px correction

CM is to moderate n not causing a drop....

Wants px to corrects super easy....PR ban from hdb n resale flats cannot use cpf...foreigners not allowed to buy pte ppty

He will be the greatest joker if his CM caused a px correction

CM is to moderate n not causing a drop....

Wants px to corrects super easy....PR ban from hdb n resale flats cannot use cpf...foreigners not allowed to buy pte ppty
    Agreed!!! He won't want to be booted out by PM next month for doing something so silly like this....

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    New govt term, new people, new policies lah.

crash is coming!

if u recall, the govt strategic recommendations last year was to increase productivity, earn more wages. this was repeated during the election.. this will not change. depressing of prices wont happen as it differ from their recommendation and has too much downstream effects.. i forsee more grants, longer MOP, more incentives (perhaps tied to age, nucleus, having baby within X years of marriage) to help the 1st time buyers. this is the segment that complain most. and of cos, rental flats need a boost to aid the low income.

He won't be so stupid to crash the market. The main complaint during elections was the affordability of HDB so he is probably going to do something about it. Besides, PM already said got mid-yr review. SO if forumers here keep complaining, his KPIs won't be met and may be replaced.

LOL Chan Chun Sing is replacing Vivian

Such similarity in their personality yah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaPeW...eature=related

VB now H2O minister, can consider this demoted?

i agree, KenoBiWan can afford $8 surgery but he cannot afford to bring down the ppty mkt becos his heart cannot take it

Hi guys, I m worried. I have paid off my hdb, stayed for 5 years
    And just bought a private property. I have sign the option to purchase
    And to sign the s n p agreement on coming Monday. If the new rule
    Like cannot own second property etc Is introduce tomorrow, will
    I be affected?

Also if change mop to 10 years instead of 5, then I cannot buy

The private property even I have sign the option? What happen to
    My 5 percent down payment.? Also when u say property crash, does it mean
    Property price will go down? Confuse, should I go ahead n sign the
    S n p agreement on Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    VB now H2O minister, can consider this demoted?

i agree, KenoBiWan can afford $8 surgery but he cannot afford to bring down the ppty mkt becos his heart cannot take it
    VB new role, quite clear, u are right...as for KBW- wait and see if he follow his predecessors to leave his mark and introduce definitive policies..., normally person in new role want to write their own successful chapter...., score some points...

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    He won't be so stupid to crash the market. The main complaint during elections was the affordability of HDB so he is probably going to do something about it. Besides, PM already said got mid-yr review. SO if forumers here keep complaining, his KPIs won't be met and may be replaced.
    some say pap will be in power, mbt will be voted in. Haha wad happen now?
    Whoever won't be stupid to crash the market.. But don't be surprise when things turned out beyond our expectation.

Expect for the unexpected.

so previously some say mbt will be voted in. Now sacked out Liao, who are we to tell the govt wad to do.

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    VB new role, quite clear, u are right...as for KBW- wait and see if he follow his predecessors to leave his mark and introduce definitive policies..., normally person in new role want to write their own successful chapter...., score some points...
    the new in charge will wanna write his legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    some say pap will be in power, mbt will be voted in. Haha wad happen now?
    Whoever won't be stupid to crash the market.. But don't be surprise when things turned out beyond our expectation.

Expect for the unexpected.

so previously some say mbt will be voted in. Now sacked out Liao, who are we to tell the govt wad to do.
    Looks like its based on popularity contest now. Ministers with highest percentage of votes get the most high profile ministry. So the new ministers will try to pander to public....

Whatever, you want, will give to you as long as its not against national interest.

So as you say, expect the unexpected...

You want to have your choice of HDB and affordable...sure, no problem...massive building program, remove as many buyer restriction, accelerate selection, give more grants etc

You want more affordable condo...sure, no problem....build more EC, release more land for EC

You want to make tons of money from from your property...sure, no problem...remove all SSD, loan restirctions, MOP, buyer restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by lindatlc

Go ahead and sign if you need to buy it... once signed, you are saved... won't have any cooling measures over next 2 working days coz new cabinet just announced... KBW still has to sit down and talk talk with his ministry people...

Please exercise the option. What is the unit number and condo that you purchased?
    A lot of brothers and sisters here would help you reduce the debt burden when crash happens.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Please exercise the option. What is the unit number and condo that you purchased?
    A lot of brothers and sisters here would help you reduce the debt burden when crash happens.
    hahahaha

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Cannot own second property? Ha ha ha! If they so stupid to introduce such policy to crash the property market, I have no eye see. Affects 90% property owners, PAP want to gonna get booted out in next GE?
    Any proper measure must be calibrated and mild, step by step, but the most important thing they need to do is for HDB, not private especially CM4 is already too drastic!

I be affected?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Cannot own second property? Ha ha ha! If they so stupid to introduce such policy to crash the property market, I have no eye see. Affects 90% property owners, PAP want to gonna get booted out in next GE?
    Any proper measure must be calibrated and mild, step by step, but the most important thing they need to do is for HDB, not private especially CM4 is already too drastic!
    i tink he is afraid MOP will be extended n affect him....or mabe cannot own both HDB and pte ppty at the same time

I be affected?

dont worry

new policy , if any, can only take effect for those 'done' on or after the new policy ...

yours will be safe ..

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    dont worry

new policy , if any, can only take effect for those 'done' on or after the new policy ...

yours will be safe ..
    Well its two ways to see this.. if increase SSD or reduce LTV, earlier transactions are safe.. but if its remove SSD or increase LTV, then difficult not to include earlier transaction coz there'll surely be an uproar... I vote for removing SSD and restoring 80% LTV... Plus increase MOP with incremental housing rebates with increasing MOP years instead of increasing income ceiling...