Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: External bin chute

Cool

its much more expensive to build an internal chute for every unit than having a common chute outside for everybody..

Coz staying in a fairly new condo ( 1 n 1/2 yr only ) already got small roaches FYI 7th flr

which condo is this?

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    its much more expensive to build an internal chute for every unit than having a common chute outside for everybody..
    Why is it more expensive?
    We are paying for empty space.
    area of chute about 4sqft. 60cm x 60cm.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    in the old days, most (or is it all?) of the condos have chutes inside.

ever since some HDB scholar invented common chutes outside, CDL took the idea and did it for condos too. (I *think* CDL was the 1st to start this for pte)

so ur question is, erh.... "I dun know what to say"
    in old condos, the internal chute also much bigger than current ones.

Cool

eg: in this particular block there are 50 units..
    if u were to deliver a copy of straits times individually to every unit or leave the 50 copies at the lobby for the residents to help themselves,which would u choose?

definitely having internal rubbish chute is much better n more convenient..
    imagine u are still in your boxer shorts or lingerie n u need to dispose your rubbish quickly,u have to get changed to walk to the corridor outside..very ma fun!
    just maintained the clealinese with proper hygiene at your internal rubbish chute,u wont have problem with croakcoaches or insects lah.
    just ask if anyone is willing to give up having an internal rubbish for an external rubbish chute? i doubt there will be any..
    Inhouse chute is convenient only when the rubbish management of the condo is of high standard and no rodents or roaches infiltrating our personal spaces, otherwise, it won't be so convenient after all. Personally I prefer to have chutes outside. Even with boxer shorts or lingerie, can cover with a huge loose shirt and just step outside. Anyway, only maybe 2 other doors in that corridor so still pretty ok lah... if like western countries, just step out in your boxers and lingerie, no problem lah.. not as if with nothing on...

eg: in this particular block there are 50 units..
    if u were to deliver a copy of straits times individually to every unit or leave the 50 copies at the lobby for the residents to help themselves,which would u choose?
    for the paper boy, leave 50 copies at the lobby.

for the occupiers, paper boy deliver to each unit.

Cool

its up to the individual..
    like i said earlier,i doubt there's anyone who is willing to give up having an internal chute for an external one..
    putting on clothes to cover up? its such a hassle,thats y its not convenient having external chute...unless u are not shy walking out in your boxer shorts with your fat belly sticking out!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    for the paper boy, leave 50 copies at the lobby.

for the occupiers, paper boy deliver to each unit.

its up to the individual..
    like i said earlier,i doubt there's anyone who is willing to give up having an internal chute for an external one..
    putting on clothes to cover up? its such a hassle,thats y its not convenient having external chute...unless u are not shy walking out in your boxer shorts with your fat belly sticking out!
    I for one prefer an external chute than internal... can walk out showing my well defined body and biseps, oops!!! Or the direct opposite

If its external chute, i die die dunwan tat unit right beside it...lol

If stay low flr, external chute good....if high flr, internal better

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    I for one prefer an external chute than internal... can walk out showing my well defined body and biseps, oops!!! Or the direct opposite
    in that case,its better for u not to have any chute at all
    u should wait downstairs for the rubbish truck to drop by every morning so that you can also parade your beautiful biceps n big stomach muscle.

I personally prefer External bin chute. No pest runing ard the house and no smell. Anyway, is the maid that walk out and throw. I also dont see any problem walking in a boxer/ or aything tht i am already wearing at home. Just look at it like walking around swimming pool. i Dont compromise hygiene with convenient.ohh I must get used to walk outside the house to throw my rubbish so i can adapt to landed property life easily.

in that case,its better for u not to have any chute at all
    u should wait downstairs for the rubbish truck to drop by every morning so that you can also parade your beautiful biceps n big stomach muscle.
    Good idea... I'll show the world what fats is. But I can still have the bins in case I'm away and others need to clear the rubbish instead.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    If its external chute, i die die dunwan tat unit right beside it...lol

If stay low flr, external chute good....if high flr, internal better
    What is low? Staying in 10th floor, I still have roaches entering my house.. they don't climb. They fly..

Quote Originally Posted by joelx
    I personally prefer External bin chute. No pest runing ard the house and no smell. Anyway, is the maid that walk out and throw. I also dont see any problem walking in a boxer/ or aything tht i am already wearing at home. Just look at it like walking around swimming pool. i Dont compromise hygiene with convenient.ohh I must get used to walk outside the house to throw my rubbish so i can adapt to landed property life easily.
    Yup Yup... agreed!!!

Is internal chute computed as GFA and psf of your unit?
    Yup Yup... agreed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Is internal chute computed as GFA and psf of your unit?
    Of course... where got free space for you inside your house??

Outside chute may be considered as a part of circulation or services space.
    Of course... where got free space for you inside your house??