Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: External bin chute

Default External bin chute

Any experience/ opinions on having the bin chute outside your condo unit? Where are these usually located? At the stairwell or next to lift or outside your front door? Will the area where the external bin chute is located be slghtly dirty/ smelly/ attract cockroaches as compared to having one internally? Does this mean mgt has to assign cleaners to clean-up the area more regularly if at all? Will this therefore translate to higher mgt fees for residents?

Quote Originally Posted by TheIdler
    Any experience/ opinions on having the bin chute outside your condo unit? Where are these usually located? At the stairwell or next to lift or outside your front door? Will the area where the external bin chute is located be slghtly dirty/ smelly/ attract cockroaches as compared to having one internally? Does this mean mgt has to assign cleaners to clean-up the area more regularly if at all? Will this therefore translate to higher mgt fees for residents?
    Think the model is pretty similar to HDB. The older condos have bin chutes inside the house so cockroaches and enter the house easily. Don't stay in new condo so can't comment about it however maintenance fee would have included these cleaning works right from the beginning so no worries. Won't have further increase to the fee.

I was looking at floor plans. I just realise that we are paying for chute space inside the house

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    I was looking at floor plans. I just realise that we are paying for chute space inside the house
    Its your own rubbish's exit point! What do you expect? Be grateful that you're not paying for your neighbor's chute space.. . The old HDB has pipes and trunkings running through our ceilings which are carrying our neighbor's toilet wastes.. and you have to pay for those huge unsightly pipes to be painted, not your neighbors and your downstairs neighbors will have to pay for your pipes running into their houses too...

Quote Originally Posted by TheIdler
    For smaller units like studio and 1bdrm usually have bin chute outside. Inconvenience in exchange for slight more livable space since unit is small.
    As for cleaniness all depend on the resident behavior. All it takes is one inconsiderate family all can be ruin

Quote Originally Posted by flxcat
    For smaller units like studio and 1bdrm usually have bin chute outside. Inconvenience in exchange for slight more livable space since unit is small.
    As for cleaniness all depend on the resident behavior. All it takes is one inconsiderate family all can be ruin
    Well, icon & clift 1BR has internal bin chute.
    I was thinking the more high class a development, the more likelihood of having internal chute.
    Teddybear, most orchard road condos have internal bin chute?

perhaps external bin chute is associated with HDB class?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Try asking Marq@Paterson to build with the bin chute outside their unit and see whether they can sell at $58xx psf?
    Never seen any Orchard Road condos with bin chute outside before.
    Bin chute outside only for HDBs and kuching kurak condos.

Well, icon & clift 1BR has internal bin chute.
    I was thinking the more high class a development, the more likelihood of having internal chute.
    Teddybear, most orchard road condos have internal bin chute?

perhaps external bin chute is associated with HDB class?

It depends where is the chute. Chute is usually in the yard area in larger units. However, smaller units may have chutes not far from the living room. Then, I would prefer it to be outside the house. Not sure about MM units?
    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Try asking Marq@Paterson to build with the bin chute outside their unit and see whether they can sell at $58xx psf?
    Never seen any Orchard Road condos with bin chute outside before.
    Bin chute outside only for HDBs and kuching kurak condos.

we had this "discussion" before. some even brought up "environmental friendly" arguments.

to me it's simple: the chute MUST be inside. Not negotiable.

Like some of the clift units next to the living room.
    Quote Originally Posted by amk
    we had this "discussion" before. some even brought up "environmental friendly" arguments.

to me it's simple: the chute MUST be inside. Not negotiable.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Like some of the clift units next to the living room.
    ok. MUST be inside. AND in kitchen/yard. Not negotiable.

I am flexible. Depends on where is it in the house. Outside is better than in my living room. I do not own MM unit so not a problem.

If it's a MM, with kitchen INSIDE the living room... I rather have the chute outside....

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    If it's a MM, with kitchen INSIDE the living room... I rather have the chute outside....
    MM too cramp to hit cockroaches easily ??

I prefer bin chute outside. It is much cleaner and you have less chance of smell and pests creeping into your house.

If the bin chute has been well-designed, well maintained, there is zero chance of smell and pests creeping into your house. I have never experience that before, though obviously living on high floor is also an advantage. Try asking those who cook and do the housework at home and see whether they want to bin chute in the yard or outside the house?
    Outside the house if not well designed and maintained even worse, imagine your relatives, friends, or some big shots visit your house and you make them smell the "smell" and rub shoulder with the pests?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I prefer bin chute outside. It is much cleaner and you have less chance of smell and pests creeping into your house.

I have experience with both designs. External bin is much better.

The internal chute I have sometimes can see cockroaches straying around the opening when I just open the chute. I have to slam back to scare the cockroaches away. This is on 11th storey...

If external chute, then the probability of cockroaches sneeking its way into the house is very low.

All depends on ur neighbours throwing habit....

If all tie up nicely in a rubbish bag b4 throwing...no liquid stuff, glass etc...den internal chute definitely better....

External chute ok la....nowadays mostly got maids rite....hehe

Those stay landed goto bring outside their gate to throw.....

Walk few steps to external chute aso wun die

Not high enough lah.
    And looks like your estate didn't maintain the rubbish chute well.

I have experience with both designs. External bin is much better.

The internal chute I have sometimes can see cockroaches straying around the opening when I just open the chute. I have to slam back to scare the cockroaches away. This is on 11th storey...

If external chute, then the probability of cockroaches sneeking its way into the house is very low.

anybody still pour boiling water down the internal chute to clean it?

Cool

definitely having internal rubbish chute is much better n more convenient..
    imagine u are still in your boxer shorts or lingerie n u need to dispose your rubbish quickly,u have to get changed to walk to the corridor outside..very ma fun!
    just maintained the clealinese with proper hygiene at your internal rubbish chute,u wont have problem with croakcoaches or insects lah.
    just ask if anyone is willing to give up having an internal rubbish for an external rubbish chute? i doubt there will be any..

It is the duty of the estate maintainence agents/cleaners flush the rubbish chute regularly. So you don't need to pour boiling water because won't be effective unless you can get so much boiling water to flush down the whole rubbish chute.
    Those kuching kurak condo estates that don't do so either want to save water and money vs cleanliness and hygiene etc. In this case, build the rubbish chute outside also useless, same smell and pests all around!.

Default Condo with chute outside

Can anybody enlighten us which projects have chute outside unit coz cannot live with roaches under same roof!

.. I have to slam back to scare the cockroaches away. This is on 11th storey...
    I had been living in even lower floors, 4 and 5, no cockroach/smell problem.

it all depends on the maintenance of the chute.

Quote Originally Posted by GForce
    Can anybody enlighten us which projects have chute outside unit coz cannot live with roaches under same roof!
    in the old days, most (or is it all?) of the condos have chutes inside.

ever since some HDB scholar invented common chutes outside, CDL took the idea and did it for condos too. (I *think* CDL was the 1st to start this for pte)

so ur question is, erh.... "I dun know what to say"

older condos may have the roach problem, but not new ones. there are no roaches in new condos, but over time they move homes to your condo.

in my new condo, I can leave food on the counter or one the floor for a whole week or month without seeing pests around.

in my old condo, you put food scraps on the floor, and you will see pests around them in 10 to 20 minutes.

is that the reason people like to buy new condos, to avoid roaches?

Newer condos should have water-pipe installed inthe chutes to spray-clean the chutes from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    It is the duty of the estate maintainence agents/cleaners flush the rubbish chute regularly. So you don't need to pour boiling water because won't be effective unless you can get so much boiling water to flush down the whole rubbish chute.
    Those kuching kurak condo estates that don't do so either want to save water and money vs cleanliness and hygiene etc. In this case, build the rubbish chute outside also useless, same smell and pests all around!.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Newer condos should have water-pipe installed inthe chutes to spray-clean the chutes from time to time.
    if I'm not mistaken it's every week.

thank god, I am scared of roaches.