Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: External bin chute

User Info Menu

Default External bin chute

Any experience/ opinions on having the bin chute outside your condo unit? Where are these usually located? At the stairwell or next to lift or outside your front door? Will the area where the external bin chute is located be slghtly dirty/ smelly/ attract cockroaches as compared to having one internally? Does this mean mgt has to assign cleaners to clean-up the area more regularly if at all? Will this therefore translate to higher mgt fees for residents?

Senior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheIdler
    Any experience/ opinions on having the bin chute outside your condo unit? Where are these usually located? At the stairwell or next to lift or outside your front door? Will the area where the external bin chute is located be slghtly dirty/ smelly/ attract cockroaches as compared to having one internally? Does this mean mgt has to assign cleaners to clean-up the area more regularly if at all? Will this therefore translate to higher mgt fees for residents?
    Think the model is pretty similar to HDB. The older condos have bin chutes inside the house so cockroaches and enter the house easily. Don't stay in new condo so can't comment about it however maintenance fee would have included these cleaning works right from the beginning so no worries. Won't have further increase to the fee.

Junior

User Info Menu

I was looking at floor plans. I just realise that we are paying for chute space inside the house

Senior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    I was looking at floor plans. I just realise that we are paying for chute space inside the house
    Its your own rubbish's exit point! What do you expect? Be grateful that you're not paying for your neighbor's chute space.. . The old HDB has pipes and trunkings running through our ceilings which are carrying our neighbor's toilet wastes.. and you have to pay for those huge unsightly pipes to be painted, not your neighbors and your downstairs neighbors will have to pay for your pipes running into their houses too...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheIdler
    For smaller units like studio and 1bdrm usually have bin chute outside. Inconvenience in exchange for slight more livable space since unit is small.
    As for cleaniness all depend on the resident behavior. All it takes is one inconsiderate family all can be ruin

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flxcat
    For smaller units like studio and 1bdrm usually have bin chute outside. Inconvenience in exchange for slight more livable space since unit is small.
    As for cleaniness all depend on the resident behavior. All it takes is one inconsiderate family all can be ruin
    Well, icon & clift 1BR has internal bin chute.
    I was thinking the more high class a development, the more likelihood of having internal chute.
    Teddybear, most orchard road condos have internal bin chute?

perhaps external bin chute is associated with HDB class?

OCR properties going to crash!

User Info Menu

Try asking [email protected] to build with the bin chute outside their unit and see whether they can sell at $58xx psf?
    Never seen any Orchard Road condos with bin chute outside before.
    Bin chute outside only for HDBs and kuching kurak condos. [I][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Well, icon & clift 1BR has internal bin chute.
    I was thinking the more high class a development, the more likelihood of having internal chute.
    Teddybear, most orchard road condos have internal bin chute?

perhaps external bin chute is associated with HDB class?

Senior

User Info Menu

It depends where is the chute. Chute is usually in the yard area in larger units. However, smaller units may have chutes not far from the living room. Then, I would prefer it to be outside the house. Not sure about MM units?
    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Try asking [email protected] to build with the bin chute outside their unit and see whether they can sell at $58xx psf?
    Never seen any Orchard Road condos with bin chute outside before.
    Bin chute outside only for HDBs and kuching kurak condos. [I][/I]

Junior

User Info Menu

we had this "discussion" before. some even brought up "environmental friendly" arguments.

to me it's simple: the chute MUST be inside. Not negotiable.

Senior

User Info Menu

Like some of the clift units next to the living room.
    Quote Originally Posted by amk
    we had this "discussion" before. some even brought up "environmental friendly" arguments.

to me it's simple: the chute MUST be inside. Not negotiable.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast