Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dr Tan Cheng Bock to run for president

User Info Menu

Default Dr Tan Cheng Bock to run for president

...not sure how many know him... he is a very good MP during his term (ayer Rajah, SMC), and spoke against many of the party policies... a very principled man ...he fough as an SMC...and win with big margin, no shelter in heavy cannon GRC...

it good he run for president...

he remind me of Ong Teck Chong...

OCR properties going to crash!

User Info Menu

I sure support him!

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    ...not sure how many know him... he is a very good MP during his term (ayer Rajah, SMC), and spoke against many of the party policies... a very principled man ...he fough as an SMC...and win with big margin, no shelter in heavy cannon GRC...

it good he run for president...

he remind me of Ong Teck Chong...

Senior

User Info Menu

ME TOO!

to add, he recently resigned from the board and spoke out against why a hospital in Jurong should be renamed Ng Teng Fong hospital.

I agree with him, if your kid asks you why that hospital is named after someone who had no previous contribution to the medical field, what do u tell him? becoz he's rich? got money can buy naming rights in public establishments?

Exalted

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    ME TOO!

to add, he recently resigned from the board and spoke out against why a hospital in Jurong should be renamed Ng Teng Fong hospital.

I agree with him, if your kid asks you why that hospital is named after someone who had no previous contribution to the medical field, what do u tell him? becoz he's rich? got money can buy naming rights in public establishments?
    the main reason i tink bcoz Mr Ng only donated a small portion of the entire cost....i tink ard 1/4 rite? if Mr NG sponsored fully...den i got nothing to say

Senior

User Info Menu

even then its not morally correct. want to do philanthropy, wat for show off? Mr. Tan also disagreed with Khoo Teck Phuat hospital but he had already left PAP then so couldn't voice out.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    the main reason i tink bcoz Mr Ng only donated a small portion of the entire cost....i tink ard 1/4 rite? if Mr NG sponsored fully...den i got nothing to say

Exalted

User Info Menu

even then its not morally correct. want to do philanthropy, wat for show off? Mr. Tan also disagreed with Khoo Teck Phuat hospital but he had already left PAP then so couldn't voice out.
    any other possible candidate?

Senior

User Info Menu

correction: Mr. Tan had already left parliament then. he only recently left PAP.

just to add, i have no issues with private buildings being renamed after khoo or ng but disagree for public buildings unless it is for some other reason than "he donated all the money."

Senior

User Info Menu

u referring to potential presidential candiate? not sure leh. anyone can apply to be president rite? how much deposit for this? u go and run?

any other possible candidate?

Exalted

User Info Menu

u referring to potential presidential candiate? not sure leh. anyone can apply to be president rite? how much deposit for this? u go and run?
    Haven 45yo leh

Senior

User Info Menu

i din know still got this requirement hahahahahahahahaha.

Haven 45yo leh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast