Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: THE MILTONIA RESIDENCES - Miltonia Close @ Yishun, By Hoi Hup Sunway Miltonia Pte Ltd

just to take note if you want to buy a house near golf course:

1. if the house is too close to tee-off box, u might keep hearing the high pitch "Ding" sound when ppl teeing-off. Sometimes, it come with a shout: "fall!!"

2. if the house is ard 100m-200m away from tee-box and very close to the fairway, b prepare to collect golf ball (sometimes the ball can curve almost 90deg if that is a v bad tee-shot)

Usually, the developer will put up a safety net to block the ball. but, if the net just in front of the house, it spoilt the view. And depend on how well is the net is maintanced, sometimes the ball did go through. Saw this happened in Malaysia. (and the golfer who did that is my friend )

my suggestion is: do the site survey first before choosing the unit you like.

Just my ..

For flood lights, this is the same with the Estuary except much better as no football 'hooligans' and noise.

For golf balls. They don't play into the night so pretty ok. Better than Buses or motorcycles zooming past. If afraid of the balls, go get pool views will do.

For those staying there, mainly with cars.

How come no one is able to share floor plans?

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Check expected pricing here.

If priced too high, can forget about it.

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/7+bids...r+Yishun+site/

The bid price is rather high...most probably 850 to 950psf. Should be similar to or higher than canberra residences. But they might make the units smaller so that quantum lower.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    The bid price is rather high...most probably 850 to 950psf. Should be similar to or higher than canberra residences. But they might make the units smaller so that quantum lower.
    yes, for the 1 bedders.

I think might even reach 900 psf.

the Big units shall be the lowest psf.

yes, for the 1 bedders.

I think might even reach 900 psf.

the Big units shall be the lowest psf.
    For 1bedders might hit 1kpsf+....8cy 452sqft oredi 9xxpsf....i tot 3xxk n get one for my doggy

this is a leasehold project right.

Yes, 1, 2, 3, 4 and penthouses. Lh 99 years.

Better than the project next door, lh cluster landed.

why lh apt better than lh cluster landed?

Quote Originally Posted by jenshuang
    just to take note if you want to buy a house near golf course:

1. if the house is too close to tee-off box, u might keep hearing the high pitch "Ding" sound when ppl teeing-off. Sometimes, it come with a shout: "fall!!"

2. if the house is ard 100m-200m away from tee-box and very close to the fairway, b prepare to collect golf ball (sometimes the ball can curve almost 90deg if that is a v bad tee-shot)

Usually, the developer will put up a safety net to block the ball. but, if the net just in front of the house, it spoilt the view. And depend on how well is the net is maintanced, sometimes the ball did go through. Saw this happened in Malaysia. (and the golfer who did that is my friend )

my suggestion is: do the site survey first before choosing the unit you like.

Just my ..

Haha, rubbish. My unit just less than 20m next the golf course, never have such things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Haha, rubbish. My unit just less than 20m next the golf course, never have such things happen.
    Never go kaypo see how is the showhouse next door?

Seems like Canberra residence is a better buy! Near to amenities is better than near to reservoir or golf course.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    why lh apt better than lh cluster landed?
    Big is good but too big is bad.

Lower in quantum means easier to price up or to get rid if needed too.

Selling a 500k, or 1000k unit is easier than selling a 1500 k or 2000k unit.

Also, if want to go for landed, only go for FH or LH999 years old. The rest waste of time.

No golf ball issue lah. Agree Canberra Residence better located so expecting this to be at or cheaper than it. Otherwise, Robert head. Chop chop chop.

are you taking the plunge into this project?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    are you taking the plunge into this project?
    Yes if it is priced right. Max 850 psf for 4 bedder n 800 psf for PH. However, will study layout and fengshui in detail first.

I hope that I don't give the Idea that I talk down for my interest. Just sharing my views.

Xan, i just outline that there is possibilities that might happen. i didn't specifically stated that Miltonia or Shaugnessy would face this problem.

I did some analysis on the location. Based on google map layout, Shaugnessy definitely not facing the issues that i stated before. Miltonia has to see the siteplan first, might has good views insteads of the issues that i mentioned before.

I also attached an example how the worst case will be if the houses located too close to fairway.

note: i knew that OCC did some major changes on the course layout. My pic is based on the old course layout.
    Last edited by jenshuang; 12-05-11 at 08:12.

Never go kaypo see how is the showhouse next door?
    Today drive in and go kaypoh a bit...the showroom had just set up. Must agree some units will have very nice golf course view and some higher level units might be able to see the reservoir quite clearly The jialat ones will face some shaughnessy units...other than that, most units will enjoy greenery view.

Big is good but too big is bad.

Lower in quantum means easier to price up or to get rid if needed too.

Selling a 500k, or 1000k unit is easier than selling a 1500 k or 2000k unit.

Also, if want to go for landed, only go for FH or LH999 years old. The rest waste of time.

No golf ball issue lah. Agree Canberra Residence better located so expecting this to be at or cheaper than it. Otherwise, Robert head. Chop chop chop.
    Haha, another weird comment...first time I heard too big is no good. Compare the psf and the needs of the family first.... If 1 mil I can only get 1100sqft (3 bedder) while 1.5 mil I get 3305 sqft (with 5 big bedrooms, 2 personal parking lots, big roof garden etc), I certainly wld not agree with u. anyway dun be mistaken, I don't hv any hidden agenda, and I confess I stayed in shaunghnessy....just pure logic and

Xan, would like to chk with u, are u able to see the reservoir at 3rd floor? Or only at the roof terrace?

Haha, another weird comment...first time I heard too big is no good. Compare the psf and the needs of the family first.... If 1 mil I can only get 1100sqft (3 bedder) while 1.5 mil I get 3305 sqft (with 5 big bedrooms, 2 personal parking lots, big roof garden etc), I certainly wld not agree with u. anyway dun be mistaken, I don't hv any hidden agenda, and I confess I stayed in shaunghnessy....just pure logic and
    I like your honesty. No worries. Let me clarify what I mean

Too big means too expansive lah. Not many people can afford it. So that means is not too good in that sense.

Give u an example. The Shaugnessy $800k, sell at 1.25 million earlier, net $400k versus some Condo bought at $400k, sell at $850k earlier, net $400k. Same profit but different rate of return. So which is better? The $400k one lah. Purely on investment point of view.

For self stay, the bigger the better!!!!!

and some people say, the more expansive the better too

Quote Originally Posted by dh
    Xan, would like to chk with u, are u able to see the reservoir at 3rd floor? Or only at the roof terrace?
    can see the pics here lah. Got one red tower to avoid.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...he-shaughnessy

Delete duplicate
    Last edited by Xan; 12-05-11 at 18:45.

This is the country club view from my master room and living room. My unit can't see the reservoir because it is north south facing. Units in shaughnessy that can see some parts of reservoir are those east facing units. However, these east facing Shaughnessy units will be blocked by miltonia residence, which means to say that some units in miltonia residence can see the golf course and the reservoir much clearer. My guess is, the view will be breathtaking. Why I know? Coz just now I drive in and recce the place. Hope these info helps

can see the pics here lah. Got one red tower to avoid.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...he-shaughnessy
    Hi kinkong, the link that u put up pertaining to unit in prop guru are those east facing units. Previously, these units are the most likely to see part of reservoir. But now they will be blocked by miltonia residence. No wonder they want to sell. Hehe

I like your honesty. No worries. Let me clarify what I mean

Too big means too expansive lah. Not many people can afford it. So that means is not too good in that sense.

Give u an example. The Shaugnessy $800k, sell at 1.25 million earlier, net $400k versus some Condo bought at $400k, sell at $850k earlier, net $400k. Same profit but different rate of return. So which is better? The $400k one lah. Purely on investment point of view.

For self stay, the bigger the better!!!!!

and some people say, the more expansive the better too
    Just wanted to be accurate coz I've been thru the cycle:

Bought shaughnessy at 800k (in 2006), latest transact at 1.5 mil(in 2011)... Net profit 700k.
    Bought a 3 bedder at 600k (in 2006), latest transact price at ard 1mil ( in 2011).... Net profit 400k.

This info are just purely based on my previous buying and selling experience. Of coz We can agree to disagree.

Yes if it is priced right. Max 850 psf for 4 bedder n 800 psf for PH. However, will study layout and fengshui in detail first.

I hope that I don't give the Idea that I talk down for my interest. Just sharing my views.
    Eh if u buy, must let us know lah, feel excited for u as well.... Lol

Good Infor, thanks for ur effort to share.

This is the country club view from my master room and living room. My unit can't see the reservoir because it is north south facing. Units in shaughnessy that can see some parts of reservoir are those east facing units. However, these east facing Shaughnessy units will be blocked by miltonia residence, which means to say that some units in miltonia residence can see the golf course and the reservoir much clearer. My guess is, the view will be breathtaking. Why I know? Coz just now I drive in and recce the place. Hope these info helps

Quote Originally Posted by dh
    Good Infor, thanks for ur effort to share.
    Hi dh u also hv vested interest in this dev?

Just wanted to be accurate coz I've been thru the cycle:

Bought shaughnessy at 800k (in 2006), latest transact at 1.5 mil(in 2011)... Net profit 700k.
    Bought a 3 bedder at 600k (in 2006), latest transact price at ard 1mil ( in 2011).... Net profit 400k.

This info are just purely based on my previous buying and selling experience. Of coz We can agree to disagree.
    Just giving an illustration there. Your development hit 1.05 m then 1.15m then 1.25 m, 1.35m, 1.45m, 1.55m lah... We must look at deals done at the same time.

Ok, agree to agree