Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345671217222732 ... LastLast

Thread: THOMSON GRAND - Jalan Tambur (Upper Thomson Rd), By Luxury Green Development Pte Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    I guess px from 11xxpsf for standard units
    so 3 bedroom will be $1.4-$1.5 then?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    so 3 bedroom will be $1.4-$1.5 then?
    At that price, it's not bad for own stay. The location is not too bad. Comparable to Clover (will probably have a shuttle bus to the MRT stations Bishan/Marymount).

But the px might be higher than that. The kitchen/bathroom fixtures are all good brands.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    At that price, it's not bad for own stay. The location is not too bad. Comparable to Clover (will probably have a shuttle bus to the MRT stations Bishan/Marymount).

But the px might be higher than that. The kitchen/bathroom fixtures are all good brands.
    That's assuming they price the 3 bedders at 1.1k. If that's for 4 bedderss, then maybe the 3 beds will start from 1.2k?

They already stated the fixtures they're using?

Probably head down the showroom to look and see. It's been a while since the area had seen a launch and at least the area isn't congested with high rise apartments.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    That's assuming they price the 3 bedders at 1.1k. If that's for 4 bedderss, then maybe the 3 beds will start from 1.2k?

They already stated the fixtures they're using?

Probably head down the showroom to look and see. It's been a while since the area had seen a launch and at least the area isn't congested with high rise apartments.
    The brands for the fixtures are on the propertylaunch website link.

From the floor plan, the units don't look as spacious as the floor areas given would suggest. As mentioned earlier, I wonder if the balconies and private lift lobby eats up the space. Everything looks small - living/dining, bedrooms, tiny bathrooms, tiny kitchen.

are u sure? i don't think it will be so low.

I guess px from 11xxpsf for standard units

this is classic hk style. small bedrooms. more area supposedly for other stuff. but a/c ledge and balcony for some units are indeed big. normally private lift lobby is considered as part of the strata area rite? so it does eat up even more usable space.

From the floor plan, the units don't look as spacious as the floor areas given would suggest. As mentioned earlier, I wonder if the balconies and private lift lobby eats up the space. Everything looks small - living/dining, bedrooms, tiny bathrooms, tiny kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    this is classic hk style. small bedrooms. more area supposedly for other stuff. but a/c ledge and balcony for some units are indeed big. normally private lift lobby is considered as part of the strata area rite? so it does eat up even more usable space.
    I have a unit in Thomson 800 built by the same Cheung Keong group and the bedrooms are not small. In fact the configuration of the 1421 sq ft 3-bed apartment over there is pretty good. Even the living/dining area seems spacious. It doesn't feel like 1421 sq ft. It feels bigger. Unfortunately, the 3 bedder in this current development seems to be less efficiently laid out. Disappointed......

yes. thomson 800 nice.

the problem these days is developers want to maximise profits more than anything else. that's what a boom does. so they max out balcony and line the side up with air con ledge.

I have a unit in Thomson 800 built by the same Cheung Keong group and the bedrooms are not small. In fact the configuration of the 1421 sq ft 3-bed apartment over there is pretty good. Even the living/dining area seems spacious. It doesn't feel like 1421 sq ft. It feels bigger. Unfortunately, the 3 bedder in this current development seems to be less efficiently laid out. Disappointed......

yes. thomson 800 nice.

the problem these days is developers want to maximise profits more than anything else. that's what a boom does. so they max out balcony and line the side up with air con ledge.
    Not to mention the private lift lobby.

I would rather have a lift lobby outside that's not included in my floor area. It seems a bit of an overkill to have a private lift lobby in a relatively small apartment.

they want to market it as high end/luxury.

Not to mention the private lift lobby.

I would rather have a lift lobby outside that's not included in my floor area. It seems a bit of an overkill to have a private lift lobby in a relatively small apartment.

are u sure? i don't think it will be so low.
    Sizes r quite big wor...2nd flr 3bedder at 11xxpsf quite ex oredi rite?cud hit ard 1300psf for top floors....

2bedder prolly from 1200psf...just guessing...

yes but i think they will want to sell at a certain premium over vision. just not sure how much higher!

Sizes r quite big wor...2nd flr 3bedder at 11xxpsf quite ex oredi rite?cud hit ard 1300psf for top floors....

2bedder prolly from 1200psf...just guessing...

yes but i think they will want to sell at a certain premium over vision. just not sure how much higher!
    I think so too. guess min 1200psf up for 3bd or bigger, 1300 for 2bd. there is no 1bd rite ?

LKS better market this thing nicely. The timing can't be worse.

yah no 1 bedder, 2 bedder from 904 sq ft i think.

i think gotta adopt a sell slowly and release lousy stack at lowest psf strategy. LOL.

it will definitely not be aimed at hdb upgrader. will market as luxury product. boy, the maintenence is gonna kill!

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    I think so too. guess min 1200psf up for 3bd or bigger, 1300 for 2bd. there is no 1bd rite ?

LKS better market this thing nicely. The timing can't be worse.

LKS marketed Thomson 800 with a 10% capital appreciation guarantee for 5 years ie if the price didn't go up by more than 10% at the end of the 5 years, you got back the difference in the market valuation price up to max of 10%. Well they had bad timing for that because at the end of the 5 years was when SARS hit, so we got back 10% of the purchase price in cash. It was an interesting and novel marketing gimmick at the time of their launch but most people thought that the guarantee would never be activated. Unfortunately for them, external factors supervened.

Wonder if they have other novel strategy up their sleeve this time? (also considered a relatively jittery market today).

yah. they should have something more innovative.

their bet for thomson 800 was at least a calculated bet which they lost. now, the odds are even higher against them if they are indeed keen to market FROM 1200psf (if not more! ). they will have to try something else.

LKS marketed Thomson 800 with a 10% capital appreciation guarantee for 5 years ie if the price didn't go up by more than 10% at the end of the 5 years, you got back the difference in the market valuation price up to max of 10%. Well they had bad timing for that because at the end of the 5 years was when SARS hit, so we got back 10% of the purchase price in cash. It was an interesting and novel marketing gimmick at the time of their launch but most people thought that the guarantee would never be activated. Unfortunately for them, external factors supervened.

Wonder if they have other novel strategy up their sleeve this time? (also considered a relatively jittery market today).

Capital appreciation guarantee is smthing new to me....

If let say ur ppty drop by 30% at the end of 5yrs, u got to pocket 30+10%?

Did the developer mark up the px for such package?

Actually the vision sold from 900psf for bigger units, so this one from 1100psf oredi 200psf more

I maintain my px range...hehe

of course cap at 10% of purchase price lah. LOL.

yes. but that is then and this is now. and if bishan is gonna be 1500psf, then there is some leeway between 1100 to 1400 to play with.

Actually the vision sold from 900psf for bigger units, so this one from 1100psf oredi 200psf more

I maintain my px range...hehe

Nope can only get max of 10%.

The developer guarantees that the property will appreciate 10% at the end of 5 years. If not they will pay you up to max of 10% over your purchase px.

I don't think the developer marked up the px much. I didn't check around. I bought because I liked the location and I have no phobia of being next to a hospital. The market was jittery just coming out of the Asian financial crisis. And many people did not have much cash to invest. Actually I thought that they were pretty safe to offer such guarantee in view of that. But they were really unlucky that at the end of 5 years, it was smack in the middle of the SARS crisis.

I doubt that any developer will offer such guarantee again. The market is more volatile and unpredictable now.

Chia ur 10% deal not bad! LKS so unlucky kena SARS period. This time round, if doing the 10% trick again, i think many will bite . Will u ?

Haa haa if they offer this 10% capital appreciation thing i will go Q up at the showroom.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Haa haa if they offer this 10% capital appreciation thing i will go Q up at the showroom.
    surely will not give lah. 10% in 10 years u want?

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    surely will not give lah. 10% in 10 years u want?
    10yrs dun want. I want 5yrs only haa haa. Just nice after SSD period. Like put in 5year FD with 10% interests, or 2% per year.

i think space wise, after deducting the balcony and ledges, it'll probably be comparable with the market norm about 3-4 years ago. I think they're trying to differentiate themselves from the new tiny style apts but because of the high cost of land, they can't build it like those designs from 7-8 years ago. it'll be really silly on their part to put in all those nice fixtures but have a compact interior.

so perhaps it'll resemble those that are TOP-ing right now.
    Last edited by kane; 10-06-11 at 21:34.

the people who can appreciate this will be HongKies

1200-1300 psf is considered cheap to them and they will looovvveee the space to death

maybe cheung kong will get their chinese friends to buy this.

Post Thomson Grand

Thomson Grand is a premium luxurious condominium with an excellent view. It has an easy access to SLE, TPE, CTE, KPE, BKE and PIE. This development has high quality finishes for kitchen and a bedroom which make you more comfortable and makes you feel more convenient when you go home to your abode. There are also strata houses which can be acquired by foreigners and there is no need for an LDU approval. All units have direct reservoir and golf course view which is a stunning eye freshener for everyone who wants to relax. Going to Thomson Food Center and Thomson Plaza is just a few minutes away from Thomson Grand. If you are a sporty guy, you can take a short drive to Singapore Sports School. You can also drive for less than fifteen minutes going to Orchard, Novena, Newton and CBD.

Residents of Thomson Grand will enjoy wide variety of amenities available at the nearby Thomson Plaza, Junction 8 Shopping Centre and Bishan HDB estate. Sports and recreational choices can be found at the nearby Singapore Island Country Club and Lower Peirce Reservoir Park. The Thomson Grand is also an ideal home for young families with school-going children. A number of reputable schools such as Catholic High School, Raffles Institution, Raffles Junior College, Ai Tong Primary School and CHIJ ST. Nicholas School are located within close proximity from the development. The site is easily accessible via major roads and expressways such as Upper Thomson Road, the Pan Island Expressway and the Central Expressway. With the Marymount MRT Station, the resident will also enjoy the convenience of the public transportation system to the other parts of Singapore.

Thomson Grand is the best environment for lifestyle and nature living. This is the perfect place for such a combination of lifestyle. This development is the most prestigious project at Upper Thomson Road. It has rare and huge apartment sizes in which you can choose from, depending on your needs and your family’s convenience. The family man can live here comfortably because all the good schools are just minutes of walking. Stay close to the course of Nature and enjoy the scenery of Lower Pierce Reservoir.

Do you want to be the first to get your choice unit of Thomson Grand at the best price? Never miss a New Launch event again. Get your latest updates from New Launch Singapore.

Best Regards

New Launch Singapore

Post Thomson Grand

Thomson Grand is a premium luxurious condominium with an excellent view. It has an easy access to SLE, TPE, CTE, KPE, BKE and PIE. This development has high quality finishes for kitchen and a bedroom which make you more comfortable and makes you feel more convenient when you go home to your abode. There are also strata houses which can be acquired by foreigners and there is no need for an LDU approval. All units have direct reservoir and golf course view which is a stunning eye freshener for everyone who wants to relax. Going to Thomson Food Center and Thomson Plaza is just a few minutes away from Thomson Grand. If you are a sporty guy, you can take a short drive to Singapore Sports School. You can also drive for less than fifteen minutes going to Orchard, Novena, Newton and CBD.

Residents of Thomson Grand will enjoy wide variety of amenities available at the nearby Thomson Plaza, Junction 8 Shopping Centre and Bishan HDB estate. Sports and recreational choices can be found at the nearby Singapore Island Country Club and Lower Peirce Reservoir Park. The Thomson Grand is also an ideal home for young families with school-going children. A number of reputable schools such as Catholic High School, Raffles Institution, Raffles Junior College, Ai Tong Primary School and CHIJ ST. Nicholas School are located within close proximity from the development. The site is easily accessible via major roads and expressways such as Upper Thomson Road, the Pan Island Expressway and the Central Expressway. With the Marymount MRT Station, the resident will also enjoy the convenience of the public transportation system to the other parts of Singapore.

Thomson Grand is the best environment for lifestyle and nature living. This is the perfect place for such a combination of lifestyle. This development is the most prestigious project at Upper Thomson Road. It has rare and huge apartment sizes in which you can choose from, depending on your needs and your family’s convenience. The family man can live here comfortably because all the good schools are just minutes of walking. Stay close to the course of Nature and enjoy the scenery of Lower Pierce Reservoir.

Do you want to be the first to get your choice unit of Thomson Grand at the best price? Never miss a New Launch event again. Get your latest updates from New Launch Singapore.

Best Regards

New Launch Singapore