Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: THOMSON GRAND - Jalan Tambur (Upper Thomson Rd), By Luxury Green Development Pte Ltd

when's the launch anyway?

The gardens at bishan is going for >$900 psf. And it is mass market. This should be going at like close to $1,200 psf? Other than the view which gives you the afternoon sun, there is nothing great in the area... Except for a possible MRT station like 20 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by stiook
    The gardens at bishan is going for >$900 psf. And it is mass market. This should be going at like close to $1,200 psf? Other than the view which gives you the afternoon sun, there is nothing great in the area... Except for a possible MRT station like 20 years later.
    9 years if they're on schedule, i.e. 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    maybe cheung kong will get their chinese friends to buy this.
    Most probably so. Still remember FEO with their bus load of Chinese shoppers for their waterfront isle and silver sea?

maybe cheung kong will get their chinese friends to buy this.
    I have a feeling this devt is targetted at Hongkies and Chinese friends. The developer very likely has a better feel for what those folks are looking for and their expectations i.e. high class/exclusive feel and look but don't worry so much abt the space since they (esp Hongkies) are used to small spaces already.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    10yrs dun want. I want 5yrs only haa haa. Just nice after SSD period. Like put in 5year FD with 10% interests, or 2% per year.
    This was better than mini-bond or those other so-called "capital-guaranteed" funds. I remember the bank trying to sell those type of funds when I was walking in but luckily I got no more money after paying the deposit for the pty.

And no I would not buy this property. I am a Freehold buyer.

I shd have bought more Thomson 800 when the valuation at the SARS period came in under my purchase price. Another golden opportunity missed.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    I have a feeling this devt is targetted at Hongkies and Chinese friends. The developer very likely has a better feel for what those folks are looking for and their expectations i.e. high class/exclusive feel and look but don't worry so much abt the space since they (esp Hongkies) are used to small spaces already.
    I don't think there are many properties in Singapore that has a chandelier in their clubhouse. Maybe there's their whole marketing plan.

The name, the layout, the furnishings - they all shout out one word - CHINESE

will be interesting to see any Indians take up this project

This devt might appeal to those HK/Chinese FT with families in view of the larger size units and houses. And it's near some good schools (although only Ai Tong is within 1 km but St. Nicholas, Catholic High are also nearby as is Raffles Inst). It is within 5 mins drive of Singapore Island Country Club Island location which has a HUGE new clubhouse about to be completed. FT can get golf lessons/swimming/bowling etc for their kids and themselves at great convenience. NTUC Finest within less than 5 mins and Bishan J8 also a short drive away. Sigh....there goes my neighbourhood. Crowds at Thomson Plaza and Bishan J8 are going to be a regular occurrence in a few years time even worse than they are currently. NS Expressway and Thomson Line will cater to this locality in time to come. Not fast enough for those of you who are flippers but I believe the flipper will become an almost extinct species due to the SSD. You need to take a longer term view of property from now on until such time as the SSD is lifted (if ever).

There could be potential in the rental market for the houses. But I don't have the $$$ to put down for them (esp with the high LTV currently).

See if LKS marketing can draw the crowds from HK as the Hongkies might see this as an attractive alternative investment due to happenings in their own home market. And of course LKS/Cheung Keong have an indisputed established reputation.

I prefer after impact + 1 to 4 quarters, which will lead to a strong petition, which will lead to removal of SSD.

Go fly kite till it happens.

No one really come in to this forum to announce their priced buy already. Sure kanna criticise.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    I prefer after impact + 1 to 4 quarters, which will lead to a strong petition, which will lead to removal of SSD.

Go fly kite till it happens.

No one really come in to this forum to announce their priced buy already. Sure kanna criticise.
    I personally think the SSD is a prudent measure by the govt to temper runaway property prices and property bubble building up here. Criticise me if you want. I think that "flipping" is not good for the overall health of the economy and property market.

I am vested in this neighbourhood due to my family ties even though I might want to move closer to work (in town) but not able to. It does have its attractions and conveniences though (see my post above). At the end of the day it is down to your personal preferences and circumstances. I see heated and angry discussions between owners of CCR vs OCR and owners of LH MMs vs landed pty but all have their pros and cons and nobody is right or wrong.

I personally think the SSD is a prudent measure by the govt to temper runaway property prices and property bubble building up here. Criticise me if you want. I think that "flipping" is not good for the overall health of the economy and property market.

I am vested in this neighbourhood due to my family ties even though I might want to move closer to work (in town) but not able to. It does have its attractions and conveniences though (see my post above). At the end of the day it is down to your personal preferences and circumstances. I see heated and angry discussions between owners of CCR vs OCR and owners of LH MMs vs landed pty but all have their pros and cons and nobody is right or wrong.
    I agree.. SSD kills the flipping activity and also arrest the excurbence in the property prices as only real owner occupiers will buy.

Location wise, it is specific to individual. Whatever you decide, no one can criticise u, cause u know better. You have your reasons.

What I meant by criticise is those that say 'why buy now', 'why buy that condo', "why that facing' etc... motherhood statements lah.

BTW, If u buy now, the price do matters to u right?

Of course the price matters. It matters to everyone. I bought my last prop a few days before the first round of CM was announced and I will not make any further purchases as I will just keep what I have for the time being unless my family circumstances change.

Of course the price matters. It matters to everyone. I bought my last prop a few days before the first round of CM was announced and I will not make any further purchases as I will just keep what I have for the time being unless my family circumstances change.
    normal for all.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    The name, the layout, the furnishings - they all shout out one word - CHINESE
    That means can expect a lot of cigerate smoke. Not for people who wants fresh air

will be interesting to see any Indians take up this project
    They went over to Miltonia already...

how do u know? what is the reason for that?

I thought they are mainly in the east side?

Plus little india.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    how do u know? what is the reason for that?

I thought they are mainly in the east side?

Plus little india.
    Saw quite a number of them there
    Maybe it's the closeness to water

maybe aerospace engineers?

maybe they downgrade from elsewhere and all want to get units there to stay together and play golf together.

the bigger fishes are swiming nearby in the reserviour. You need a nice bait and a big net to land them. Get the drift?

Cube 8 1 bedroom 560sqft from around 730k last year feels like such a good buy now.... Or even 368 thomson 689sqft from 920k.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Cube 8 1 bedroom 560sqft from around 730k last year feels like such a good buy now.... Or even 368 thomson 689sqft from 920k.
    The reverse is true, they look like awful buys now.

how is this compared to thomson 800? Which one will you buy? Propertyguru pics for thomson 800 look fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    how is this compared to thomson 800? Which one will you buy? Propertyguru pics for thomson 800 look fantastic.
    Truth be told, I like Thomson 800 for the location...but its facade is really dated...

Truth be told, I like Thomson 800 for the location...but its facade is really dated...
    We just watch the price of Thomson Grand but maybe Thomson 800 is still a better buy due to its location and its FH.

facade looks alright to me ... looks like an evergreen piece of project.
    There is no 2 bedders in this project, or cluster houses... so what you see in the caveat is probably the real price.

anybody know the launch price of Thomson 800?
    http://www.singaporeexpats.com/singa...homson-800.htm

My unit was $636 psf at launch. 6th floor, non-reservoir facing. Actually I had no choice. It was one of the last units available at the time. The reservoir-facing units high floor would naturally be priced higher. As far as I am aware they are all 3 bedders, including the penthouses.

Please note that Thomson 800 is District 11 classified as CCR under URA whereas Thomson Grand would be District 20 classified as RCR under URA website.

I personally feel that T800 is a better buy. Freehold, District 11, MRT station within less than 5 mins walk, possible interchange station (Circle/Thomson Line). However, please be aware that NS Expressway works will take 6000 sq ft off the total land area for the development and there will be some disruptions to traffic while the expressway is being built. It will be completely underground in the vicinity of T800.

6000 sq ft is better than Nuovo which has to sacrifice 8K and + viaduct beside.

If the launching price for thomson Grand is the same as 800, then Thomson 800 will be a better choice obviously.

My unit was $636 psf at launch. 6th floor, non-reservoir facing. Actually I had no choice. It was one of the last units available at the time. The reservoir-facing units high floor would naturally be priced higher. As far as I am aware they are all 3 bedders, including the penthouses.

Please note that Thomson 800 is District 11 classified as CCR under URA whereas Thomson Grand would be District 20 classified as RCR under URA website.

I personally feel that T800 is a better buy. Freehold, District 11, MRT station within less than 5 mins walk, possible interchange station (Circle/Thomson Line). However, please be aware that NS Expressway works will take 6000 sq ft off the total land area for the development and there will be some disruptions to traffic while the expressway is being built. It will be completely underground in the vicinity of T800.
    Oh? The north south highway will take land from Thomson 800 as well? No wonder there's been a few units put up for sale. What's the compensation like?

Thomson 800 is what a condo should be like. Nowadays most condos have no standards with cheap furnishing and tiny plots of land.

Is the caldecott mrt cfm?

Oh? The north south highway will take land from Thomson 800 as well? No wonder there's been a few units put up for sale. What's the compensation like?
    The compensation is not known yet. The amount of land taken is small in comparison to the total land area of the development and I don't hear owners complaining about it.

Cannot compare launch prices of T800 and Thomson Grand. T800 was launched in 1999. Back then, there was no hint at all of any MRT coming up in the vicinity. There's always been a steady stream of units for sale in T800. Owners taking their profits.