Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: THOMSON GRAND - Jalan Tambur (Upper Thomson Rd), By Luxury Green Development Pte Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    I also felt that it should follow the path of the infrastructure and that they cannot anyhow tunnel under many blocks of HDB flats. That would seem logical to me. But the forum members of skyscraper forum are very strong in their belief that the stations should be in the areas with the most HDB population. To the extent of demolishing blocks of HDB flats to site the MRT station right in the middle of Kebun Bahru.

I would have though it made more sense from the engineering point of view to route it along Upp Thomson Road rather than cut through heavily built up areas. And being in the middle of AMK/Kebun Bahru would make it rather close to the NSL>
    The vast carpark and 4-storey HDB surrounding Mayflower market is actually very ideal for a MRT station site.
    In fact, the whole area could be demolished and replaced with a shopping Mall and a Condo. You can imagine how high the land price can reap.
    With St. Nicholas, Keban Bahru MRT and AMK West Town Park at close vicinity, the price could easily help LTA pay for the MRT station construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Think price is too steep for the project to be sold at $1.4kpsf
    If I compare it with The Arte...

TG vs Arte:
    - LH vs FH
    - 1400psf vs 1250psf
    - Uncompleted vs Just TOP
    - Beside Upper Thomson vs Beside Thomson Rd
    - Shuttle to Bishan MRT vs Shuttle to Novena MRT
    - 15mins to Orchard cum ERP vs 7mins to Orchard with no ERP via CTE or Thomson Rd
    - Suburban vs City Fringe
    And don't forget reservoir view vs PIE view! But Arte is definitely more value for money!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Done it few times oredi me....seriously no harm one la...i always put in low low offer px range....if exceed my range n 100% of the times it is, den i decide to go ahead anot lor....

Buy new launches advantage is u get to buy ur choicest choiced units....if not y pay more compared to resale n goto wait 3-4yrs....

So if u dun submit chq, u will not get the best stack n high flr unit.
    Even during downturn, aso goto submit chq n rush down...wharf res and lucida for eg. caspian and mi casa also....for mi casa, i refused to submit chq n ended up cannot get any high flr park facing units...anyway no regret bcoz px din increase much...hehe
    Be patient, park facing units will shine once top and the park beautified. Still a value buy I would say. Those who wants unblock views should go for it.

What happens if there's more than one person who had the same unit as their first choice? Bidding war? Ballot?
    Balloting or first come first serve....remember some projects agts queue overnite last time?

But tat yap BS la....nvr come across bidding war la

Hey must be positive jurong can sell 1200, why upper Thomson cannot 1400 ?

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Be patient, park facing units will shine once top and the park beautified. Still a value buy I would say. Those who wants unblock views should go for it.
    No value buy for park facing...even low flr park facing asking ard 800psf....i wAnt 750psf above 10th flr park facing....got any anot....

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Centris is a special case....only one condo tat n on top of mega mall....

Upp thomson such a long road.....hehe

I want viva at 1500psf leh

Balloting or first come first serve....remember some projects agts queue overnite last time?

But tat yap BS la....nvr come across bidding war la
    Hahaha! No need bidding war... I've come across agents who play cheat like that lor but not during first day of launch lah! Its for project still BUC but when time is not a factor so they say over the weekend and then collected two cheques and started the crazy idea to earn that extra bit of commission! Not sure with the new rulings for housing agents, have such practices been curtailed!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    And don't forget reservoir view vs PIE view! But Arte is definitely more value for money!
    The Arte also have stack with city view lah.. if you are high enough, can even see full city view..Orchard..MBS..& maybe fireworks

agree no need to debate about how TSL should run lah....

but logic speaks for itself

keep my mouth shut till locations announced lah (and maybe continue to keep shut)

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    The Arte also have stack with city view lah.. if you are high enough, can even see full city view..Orchard..MBS..& maybe fireworks
    I'm aware... used to stay in TPY but must be above 18th floor to have a decent view of the fireworks!

No value buy for park facing...even low flr park facing asking ard 800psf....i wAnt 750psf above 10th flr park facing....got any anot....
    For now...

Wait for TOP as might be able to catch IAS people naked. No harm waiting and it depends on ur luck. However the new EC beside it will make it look cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    agree no need to debate about how TSL should run lah....

but logic speaks for itself

keep my mouth shut till locations announced lah (and maybe continue to keep shut)
    I am with u, mrt at tagore area opposite a bus stop. Next at the area near to grand.... Within 400 meters. Followed by Thomson shopping centre then link up to interchange at bishan fire station area? Will see.

I am with u, mrt at tagore area opposite a bus stop. Next at the area near to grand.... Within 400 meters. Followed by Thomson shopping centre then link up to interchange at bishan fire station area? Will see.
    400m is good guess

There is a plot of land diagonally opposite TG (near the petrol stations) that is slated for residential with a plot ratio of 1.4. Do you think that in future, this development may partially block TG's pristine view of the reservoir?

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    There is a plot of land diagonally opposite TG (near the petrol stations) that is slated for residential with a plot ratio of 1.4. Do you think that in future, this development may partially block TG's pristine view of the reservoir?
    Depending on how the future developer do up the land, it may block quite a fair bit of view. Well, anything can happen. Your guess vs my guess! Better don't guess!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Depending on how the future developer do up the land, it may block quite a fair bit of view. Well, anything can happen. Your guess vs my guess! Better don't guess!
    1.4 MAX 6 storeys.. buy 8 and above.

I think there is some difference. Jurong Lakeshore older condo is already $1000psf. So its not unimaginable that a new one beside Lakefront Residences can go at 1200psf. In short, the resale market is tried and tested - not forgetting Lakeshore yields are fantastic (OK. I note u're one of those who dun look at yields). But this one, the condo beside, Bishan Park or something is HALF PRICE at $700psf. In short, people are only prepared to pay $700psf for a resale unit there. To enter at $1400psf is a big risk.

Correction, Lakeshore is closer to $1100psf today.

Quote Originally Posted by amk

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I think there is some difference. Jurong Lakeshore older condo is already $1000psf. So its not unimaginable that a new one beside Lakefront Residences can go at 1200psf. In short, the resale market is tried and tested - not forgetting Lakeshore yields are fantastic (OK. I note u're one of those who dun look at yields). But this one, the condo beside, Bishan Park or something is HALF PRICE at $700psf. In short, people are only prepared to pay $700psf for a resale unit there. To enter at $1400psf is a big risk.

Correction, Lakeshore is closer to $1100psf today.
    and lakeshore was only ard 4xxpsf when it was launched....and nearing to TOP in early 2007 can get subsale for less den 600psf(while silly CCR supporters/investors r rushing to buy overpriced CCR launches)

Actual nothing special about reservoir view.. at night, is all dark, totally nothing to see & quite scary sometime..
    For TG, if you got reservoir view.. most likely you also got the afternoon sun.

Clover by the Park is already transacting at 1200 psf (according to their thread) and some say will be 1300 psf when TOP. So I suppose 1400 psf is not way over.

Cannot compare with the older condos like Bishan Park or even Gardens at Bishan. Bishan Park in particular is much much older.

Clover by the Park is already transacting at 1200 psf (according to their thread) and some say will be 1300 psf when TOP. So I suppose 1400 psf is not way over.

Cannot compare with the older condos like Bishan Park or even Gardens at Bishan. Bishan Park in particular is much much older.
    I remember visiting clover's showroom in Q1 2009 and they were asking about 850psf. They have Capitaland to thank for. Their prices were pretty stagnant at 1k psf until Capitaland came up with that audacious bid for the land parcel at Bishan central.

Thomson G also paving the way for Capland to launch at a high price. Sorry to those people who sold their Clover units hoping to buy back in at cheaper price. Looks like it's not going to happen in this location.

URA lodged a new high of $1305psf for Clover BTP...
    very interesting now....

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    very interesting now....
    Pat yourself on the back. At least you have a decent roof over your head (soon) at a "good" price. You can sit on your balcony enjoying the park view when Capland starts their marketing at year end.

? New high? 1500 to 1600 psf? Can surpass D'Leedon or not.

RCR is rising up (cannot let OCR upstage).

very interesting now....
    Wah.. HUAT Liao!!
    Confirm is UP UP UP ahead..

In terms of LOCATION, one has to compare against a condo that is right beside as the most direct comparison. I note that Bishan is a 99LH, so the older condos would have suffered some lease decay but still shouldn't be half priced I think.

1.4 MAX 6 storeys.. buy 8 and above.
    I know of projects with mainly 4 storeys plus one block of 10 storey.

very interesting now....
    So there's a price rivalry between this project and Thomson G? Catch up some more.... Clovers owners haut man!

Gardens is doing 900-950psf. That would be about 30% difference in price.