Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202530 ... LastLast

Thread: THOMSON GRAND - Jalan Tambur (Upper Thomson Rd), By Luxury Green Development Pte Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Seriously I doubt KBW would do something like this to discourage foreign investments in our land. Just when the country can boast its international standing as the highly preferred destination for foreigners to park their funds, they are doing something like that to compromise their standing??? Hmmm.... maybe not.
    The measures makes it easy to park funds, whilst taking it out is harder. In this way, it reduces the flow of hot money. Every exit involves a contribution to the coumtry's reserves which may not be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hk2313
    @ hopeful

thanks for the update. TG Strata House was considering for own stay as planning to move around that time, so would not have been a problem. With regards to investment, I think at current market pricings, it seems not really realistic to hope for more gains, I am actually rather looking to sell another property I hold in Singapore
    Not sure whether you have been following the other threads in this forum.
    The anti-foreigner sentiments is getting worse by the day, even amongst supposedly rational people.
    You sure you want to live in such an enviroment?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    The anti-foreigner sentiments is getting worse by the day, even amongst supposedly rational people.

how about this http://theonlinecitizen.com/

hahaha....

aussie r not foreigner frenly at all and yet many r hoping to migrate over there......hehe

been living in China for 14 years, Singapore seems quite tame compared

been living in China for 14 years, Singapore seems quite tame compared
    Welcome to Singapore and I am glad that you find this place conducive...

I dont think Singaporeans are blaming the foreigners. It's the government policies that they are not happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    I dont think Singaporeans are blaming the foreigners. It's the government policies that they are not happy with.
    Yes...being protective is different from being anti foreigner

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Yes...being protective is different from being anti foreigner
    Therein lies that intricate balance which the govt must establish...

Are u well travelled? Singapore is still one of the most foreigner friendly countries in the world. I think what Singaporeans are asking for is some differentiation between locals and foreigners, like other countries. In fact most of the time, we treat the foreigners way better than locals, and call all of them "talents", no matter how untalented they are. Foreigners PR can buy public subsidised housing. Mediocre foreigners are given scholarship and free lodging sponsored by Singapore taxpayers. Which other country stoop so low to attract foreigners?

Maybe u should try going to other countries like Europe or Australia, then u can see the difference. Singapore has 40% foreign population - most other developed countries would have made a lot of noise in such a state.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Are u well travelled? Singapore is still one of the most foreigner friendly countries in the world. I think what Singaporeans are asking for is some differentiation between locals and foreigners, like other countries. In fact most of the time, we treat the foreigners way better than locals, and call all of them "talents", no matter how untalented they are. Foreigners PR can buy public subsidised housing. Mediocre foreigners are given scholarship and free lodging sponsored by Singapore taxpayers. Which other country stoop so low to attract foreigners?

Maybe u should try going to other countries like Europe or Australia, then u can see the difference. Singapore has 40% foreign population - most other developed countries would have made a lot of noise in such a state.
    No, I am not well travelled, havent been to those countries you mentioned. Still accumulating capital for investment and very little left for discretionary expenses. So I am still a frog in a well.

in the past = foreigners treated well. i don't dispute that.
    at present = anti-foreigner sentiment is building.
    Look at what happened to PR sibling rule.
    Look at the proposed measures by forummers to curb property prices.
    in the future = ????

however, having said that, do you live in the past or the present?
    you make decisions based on the past or based on what's in front of your face?

Maybe better to get back to the topic of TG ?

yesterday evening was preview for all the ones who gave cheque to get discount before showroom opened, has anybody heard how many units sold, especially for the strata houses ? thx

Maybe better to get back to the topic of TG ?

yesterday evening was preview for all the ones who gave cheque to get discount before showroom opened, has anybody heard how many units sold, especially for the strata houses ? thx
    Can still sense that you are still harboring hopes of grabbing the strata houses? Hmmm... wonder when it'll be launched? I suppose the showflat is up and running?

Saw the bright and glitzy panel at their showroom as I drove by last night? Someone's gonna pay for all that lighting. So is the showroom open?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Saw the bright and glitzy panel at their showroom as I drove by last night? Someone's gonna pay for all that lighting. So is the showroom open?
    Its all abt feel gd factor.....y ppl goto high end malls whereas some prefer cheap pasar malam

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Its all abt feel gd factor.....y ppl goto high end malls whereas some prefer cheap pasar malam
    The lighting was brighter than the street lamp. That's what surprised me. Looks like they spared no effort on marketing. How was vision's showroom like?

The lighting was brighter than the street lamp. That's what surprised me. Looks like they spared no effort on marketing. How was vision's showroom like?
    Vison showroom so so...not comparable to orchard road ones

Most impressive showroom so far shd b deleedon but their individual showflat units super cmi with laminates n homo tiles ....hehe ....reflection showroom aso quite good

Such elaborate shows will not last more than 6 months. Was at the launch of Minton and then there was water features cascading down the wall, blar blar blar but went there recently and everything is completely dry!!! Too costly to upkeep these fanciful gimmicks!

This one looks comparable with those orchard road ones.

Such elaborate shows will not last more than 6 months. Was at the launch of Minton and then there was water features cascading down the wall, blar blar blar but went there recently and everything is completely dry!!! Too costly to upkeep these fanciful gimmicks!
    Not selling the units fast enough.

Not selling the units fast enough.
    Hahaha... with 1100+ units, want to sell fast also very difficult. Think they manage 500+ units already... quite ok lah...

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon

totally agree with you ...

the moment a foreigner lands in Changi airport ..he can already feel 'welcomed' ..

ever see foreign passport holders using the "Welcome home Singaporean ' line ?

they never ask them to go to the other queue ..

in NY airport .. 1 line for ALL OTHER passports .. 1 line for USA citizens and green card holders..

even when the American line is EMPTY ..they will not accept/process foreign passports..

you can say they are not efficient .. but hey ..the americans feel good about it ..

every time i come back to spore .. i use the Singaporean line .. only to find foreigners in front of me .. and the custom officers continue to process the entry ..

DO I as singapore get the WELCOME HOME FEEL ??
    not so much

all my enthusiasm died at the custom

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    totally agree with you ...

the moment a foreigner lands in Changi airport ..he can already feel 'welcomed' ..

ever see foreign passport holders using the "Welcome home Singaporean ' line ?

they never ask them to go to the other queue ..

in NY airport .. 1 line for ALL OTHER passports .. 1 line for USA citizens and green card holders..

even when the American line is EMPTY ..they will not accept/process foreign passports..

you can say they are not efficient .. but hey ..the americans feel good about it ..

every time i come back to spore .. i use the Singaporean line .. only to find foreigners in front of me .. and the custom officers continue to process the entry ..

DO I as singapore get the WELCOME HOME FEEL ??
    not so much

all my enthusiasm died at the custom
    Clearing immigration for Singaporeans and residents (including PRs, student pass, work permit and employment pass holders) are now automated leh. No need to queue up to have your passport reviewed by the ICA officer what Who ask you to join the foreigner queue

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    Clearing immigration for Singaporeans and residents (including PRs, student pass, work permit and employment pass holders) are now automated leh. No need to queue up to have your passport reviewed by the ICA officer what Who ask you to join the foreigner queue
    i like to be served ...

i hate using that automated gate

but why cant the immigration at least reserve that little 'feel good factor' left for singaporeans ?

is it so hard for them to tell foreigners to stick to foreigner queues ?

i like to be served ...

i hate using that automated gate

but why cant the immigration at least reserve that little 'feel good factor' left for singaporeans ?

is it so hard for them to tell foreigners to stick to foreigner queues ?
    If the govt provided an avenue to expedite clearance for Singaporeans and residents but you choose to use the inconvenient manual clearance meant for foreign tourists, blame who

I am anti-establishment and anti-PAP but one also have to objective to a certain extent when criticising this and that.

So you want ICA to operate a booth specially to cater to returning Singaporean bigshots who like to be served and dislike going through an automated gate which is meant to expedite clearance. Singaporeans are really difficult to please. Got to queue: complain, dun need to queue also complain. How to work like that

If the govt provided an avenue to expedite clearance for Singaporeans and residents but you choose to use the inconvenient manual clearance meant for foreign tourists, blame who

I am anti-establishment and anti-PAP but one also have to objective to a certain extent when criticising this and that.

So you want ICA to operate a booth specially to cater to returning Singaporean bigshots who like to be served and dislike going through an automated gate which is meant to expedite clearance. Singaporeans are really difficult to please. Got to queue: complain, dun need to queue also complain. How to work like that

in case you havent been out of singapore ..hence not chance to see the immigration from inside out ..

it say.. " welcome home to singaporeans" on the left most counter ...

yet foreigners go to that counter that says "SINGAPOREANS"

and the officer dont tell foreigners to use the rest of the lines

thats what i am questioning

if someone blocks your front gate ..will you graciously use your back gate ?

you are missing the point completely

there is also a line for CREW members ..

then can i also use it ?
    why cant the singaporean crews use the autogate ? and need to have a dedicated line ?
    i see the need for them to ENTER quick ..but EXIT also must be quick ?
    why that line for crew and yet the line for singaporeans have to be 'shared' with foreigners when foreigners have some 5-8 other lines ?

it say.. " welcome home to singaporeans" on the left most counter ...

yet foreigners go to that counter that says "SINGAPOREANS"
    bro they are PRs... and by official definition, PRs are "singaporeans"

personally I share ur feeling...

I must commend that Malaysians did a good job in letting their people have the feel good factor when those loads of Singapore cars entering Malaysia with the biometric thing must wait till our bladders burst!!! Then when raining heavily, can't even alight early to walk over to the toilets!

Hahaha... with 1100+ units, want to sell fast also very difficult. Think they manage 500+ units already... quite ok lah...
    Should keep the water flowing if they have sold half. Give people the feel good factor when they cone to pick up the remaining half.

there is also a line for CREW members ..

then can i also use it ?
    why cant the singaporean crews use the autogate ? and need to have a dedicated line ?
    i see the need for them to ENTER quick ..but EXIT also must be quick ?
    why that line for crew and yet the line for singaporeans have to be 'shared' with foreigners when foreigners have some 5-8 other lines ?
    Could not understand your reasons for using the immigration to illustrate why Singapore treat foreigners differently, a point I agree fully with you.

Just take a look at NUS. Foreigner PhD lecturers (some can even speak proper English) got housing allowance while Singaporean lecturers of a similar if not better qualifications are not entitled to it.

When one visits a restaurant in Singapore, you can see waiters treating the white guy better or different than a yellow/brown dude.