Thread: Sengkang or Pasir Ris

Default Sengkang or Pasir Ris

Thinking of buying a property either in Sengkang/Punggol or in Pasir Ris/Tampines for own stay.

Any insights regarding the environment, safety, schools, increase of property value in years to come, etc. Pros/cons? Also noticed properties in Sengkang/Punggol are pricier than in other suburbs, why is it so? Knowledge in these areas is somewhat limited as I have lived mostly in the south-east.

Last edited by Kyrgien; 06-06-11 at 18:22.

Tampines is better.

sengkang/punggol is not pricer than the tamp.. anyway your choice should depend on whether you like quiet or busy town.. Tamp is quite a busy and old town, but with a lot of amenties, hence price will also be higher..

well, ask yrself if u hv a biz to stay at SK,PG. do u think u will stay somewhere simply it can appreciate? of cos, u cant compare new vs matured towns, hence u see price diff.. and everyone know govt is building up SK, PG. look at some of the condos/ec. within 15months, many up by 20-30%. i think its v gd since many areas r almost stagnant.

just buy wherever is cheapest now

buy prive if you qualify. EC, near MRT and future town centre.

Default Pasir Ris the left out area

Check out northcoast line you will have your answer. A lot of areas mrt and development plans priced in. I think Pasir Ris Elias is not a bad area because of potential mrt lin ard 2020. Pasir ris is mature but so many land empty.When punggol amenities up and ppeopl travel to sengkang.. naturally ther will be a need for mrt where elias is smack right in the middle between pasir ris tamp and sengkang and punggol. u can bet on this too. 2 cents of thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    buy prive if you qualify. EC, near MRT and future town centre.
    Prive already almost sold out right? Left those lousiest small units how he buy? This one is EC cannot do subsale.. I think if u want sengkang/punggol area, can consider compass heights though it's a bit old.. I think 8xx psf can find.. If keppel launches their sengkang condo at 1.1k psf, this compass heights sure will get pull up a bit too..

If u want pasir ris, can wait for the one near downtown east that some developer got it at 39x psf land bid.. I think high floor sure have sea view.. The one at elias don't bother.. It's surrounded by HDBs and even if future mrt station really situate there, u have to wait a bloody long time..

Oh, didn't realise prive sold so quickly. Esparina still have some 2 bedder apparently, can aim at those. Tampines has quite a bit of premium priced in.

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    If u want pasir ris, can wait for the one near downtown east that some developer got it at 39x psf land bid.. I think high floor sure have sea view.. The one at elias don't bother.. It's surrounded by HDBs and even if future mrt station really situate there, u have to wait a bloody long time..
    u mean seatrand by FEO? preview this mth.....cfm no seaview....goto wait 6-9mths later for the plot in front of it tat bot by MCL ....i m eyeing tat one.....but i tink high flr seaview units will be 1kpsf

another pov.

If you drive, seng kang is technically faster to town since it is well-served by the KPE. From the entrance of KPE to downtown around Kallang/thomson (PIE) is only 10 min (w/o traffic).

From Pasir Ris, it should be longer since you need to take TPE then connect to either KPE or ECP.

Taking MRT oso faster to town via N-E line compared to the E-W line.

So, technically, you would be "nearer" to town from Seng Kang than from Pasir Ris.

Jus sharing my exp from living in the NE of SG.

pasir ris advantage is well served by many expressways and lesser density for now lah....later on aso quite pack

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    u mean seatrand by FEO? preview this mth.....cfm no seaview....goto wait 6-9mths later for the plot in front of it tat bot by MCL ....i m eyeing tat one.....but i tink high flr seaview units will be 1kpsf
    not seastrand. It's the one that's recently won just below 400psf, near costa sands.. That one confirm got seaview for mid to high floor units.. Somemore developer got it at low land bid, if 1k psf for high floor sea view should be a good price 6 months later.. Cos all the bishan, punggol mrt, sengkang mrt, boon keng mrt condos will be launched at high price, so will hype up the market, making this look cheap..

If you work in East, go for Tampines.

If you work in town, go for Sengkang.

IMHO, prefer Sengkang coz nearer to Hougang where alot of good food is and where alot of the usual Singaporean folks are still around.

Tampines got alot of FT due to Changi Business Park.

not seastrand. It's the one that's recently won just below 400psf, near costa sands.. That one confirm got seaview for mid to high floor units.. Somemore developer got it at low land bid, if 1k psf for high floor sea view should be a good price 6 months later.. Cos all the bishan, punggol mrt, sengkang mrt, boon keng mrt condos will be launched at high price, so will hype up the market, making this look cheap..
    ok den we refering to same one....but MCL!!! PUNY ROOMS AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by fooblackie
    another pov.

If you drive, seng kang is technically faster to town since it is well-served by the KPE. From the entrance of KPE to downtown around Kallang/thomson (PIE) is only 10 min (w/o traffic).

From Pasir Ris, it should be longer since you need to take TPE then connect to either KPE or ECP.

Taking MRT oso faster to town via N-E line compared to the E-W line.

So, technically, you would be "nearer" to town from Seng Kang than from Pasir Ris.

Jus sharing my exp from living in the NE of SG.
    The entire KPE from entrance to exit takes 10 min if you drive at 70km/hr.. But if you drive smarter, knowing where the cams are, you can clear it within 7 min. From entrance to PIE exit, 4 min can reach liao cos only got 2 cameras. From pasir ris to town, normally people will take TPE, PIE..

MRT wise, E-W line is better cos they go to orchard, city hall and raffles.. But N-E line goes to dobby gault and harbour front.. So most likely, if you stay in N-E and take public transport you will do to change trains..

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    ok den we refering to same one....but MCL!!! PUNY ROOMS AGAIN!
    Now no more baywindows, planters anymore, so shouldn't be that bad.. MCL facade always nice leh.. Or they always draw until it looks very nice haha..

Now no more baywindows, planters anymore, so shouldn't be that bad.. MCL facade always nice leh.. Or they always draw until it looks very nice haha..
    Terasse best example

Thanks for the inputs.

For now, still fewer private property in SK area compared to TP Not sure if there will be any commercial development here whereas TP/Pasir Ris has lots of malls and also nearer to Changi Business park/University/Schools (better rental yield in the future shld I decide to rent out the property?).

Is Keppel (SK) going to launch at 1k psf? Heard from agt, CDL (Pasir Ris) going to launch at 950psf.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrgien
    Thanks for the inputs.

For now, still fewer private property in SK area compared to TP Not sure if there will be any commercial development here whereas TP/Pasir Ris has lots of malls and also nearer to Changi Business park/University/Schools (better rental yield in the future shld I decide to rent out the property?).

Is Keppel (SK) going to launch at 1k psf? Heard from agt, CDL (Pasir Ris) going to launch at 950psf.
    What size are you looking at? I doubt keppel will launch at avg 1k cos most of H2O's units are nearer to 1kpsf.. So it will only make sense for keppel to launch it at avg 1.1k psf..

Pasir ris got new launch by cdl meh? Next one should be feo seastrand..

What size are you looking at? I doubt keppel will launch at avg 1k cos most of H2O's units are nearer to 1kpsf.. So it will only make sense for keppel to launch it at avg 1.1k psf..

Pasir ris got new launch by cdl meh? Next one should be feo seastrand..
    That woould be the plot near nv.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleur
    That woould be the plot near nv.
    CDL launches too slow.. These are 99 lease and it starts from 2008.. By the time the next one is launched and TOP, maybe already 8 years into the lease..

Ya, I think they are too greedy. They want to wait for prices to move up and launch in tandem with price increases. Don't forget they have 3 more plots besides nv.

Ya, I think they are too greedy. They want to wait for prices to move up and launch in tandem with price increases. Don't forget they have 3 more plots besides nv.
    FEO's 4 bedok reservoir projects all finished liao yet CDL only launched 2 although they started around same time (livia and waterfront waves).. CDL taking their own sweet time.. Wait till the final one maybe 14 years into the lease, whoever that buy, i sure laugh at them..

CDL launches too slow.. These are 99 lease and it starts from 2008.. By the time the next one is launched and TOP, maybe already 8 years into the lease..
    They own the land long long ago....

For new launch,cdl will top up the lease....no worries

They hold for many moons oredi...i tink the last 2plots might only b launch next cycle liao...haha