Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: 2013: Market crash or ghost towns?

DBSS don't make sense in low interest environment..... DBSS makes some sense in high interest environment since HDB loan interest is 2.6%.

IMHO, DBSS gives the MOST PROFIT to developers because,

1) land bid lower, but yet priced almost close to ECs
    2) easy to sell to average Singaporean, by saying can get HDB loan, thus very safe, i.e. won't get chased out if anything happens unlike private or EC.

Prime land should always be allocated for private uses or public amenities else government is encouraging people to use their 1st house as gambling bid to get future windfall..... just look at the silly Gen Y posting in Sunday Times 2 weeks back, give prime land to them and still bite their parents' hand.

This recent SL episode should educate both the govt and the potential buyers that DBSS is really a dangerous thing to play with and it should just be scrapped totally!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    It is rather irritating to read that SL actually said, 'it is regrettable that...' as if the public misunderstood them. Indicative prices are meant to indicate what the prices are therefore all the media will report as indicated and people will perceive that it is gonna be near those prices. Now they turn around and say its people's fault for all those negative perception and publicity they received!!! How can it be regrettable when they were the ones to issue those figures! Hmmm... even at $778k for a HDB new launch, it is still indeed regrettable not to be any lower for public housing!
    Agree.

If not because of the public outcry, do you think they will lower the price by more than $100K? It will most probably be close to their indicative price

This recent SL episode should educate both the govt and the potential buyers that DBSS is really a dangerous thing to play with and it should just be scrapped totally!

but i still think, people got choice not to buy right ?

the only group that really no choice are the "8k to 10k" group who can only choose resale,DBSS, EC or private....

for the "below 8k" group, i do not think dbss is dangerous for them, they have a choice not to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    Agree.

If not because of the public outcry, do you think they will lower the price by more than $100K? It will most probably be close to their indicative price
    i still believe px reduction is due to poor application rates they received so far...HAHAHA

yng singaporeans nowadays r very internet savvy.....just a few clicks they will noe nearby resale flats how much oredi

unless they tot DBSS is EC!! hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by taggy

the only group that really no choice are the "8k to 10k" group who can only choose resale,DBSS, EC or private....

for the "below 8k" group, i do not think dbss is dangerous for them, they have a choice not to buy.
    Yes... so for this small group of people with household income between 8k to 10k, they can choose between ECs and DBSS, assuming private is not in their radar, then if DBSS is priced as EC, then most would choose EC with all the same restrictions and same price but with more facilities, etc? So unless DBSS prices fall big time, it should just be scrapped!

but to pay 7xx-880k for just a small 5rm flat....u can get resale ECs or older ocr condos....Tampines is jus a glorified OCR....hahahhaa....same goes to lakeside wif so much hype on JLD (surely attracts bashing...ops)

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    but to pay 7xx-880k for just a small 5rm flat....u can get resale ECs or older ocr condos....Tampines is jus a glorified OCR....hahahhaa....same goes to lakeside wif so much hype on JLD (surely attracts bashing...ops)
    ya, what i m trying to say, applicants can/will choose lah.
    developers continue to price dbss high high, then no applicants, price will be push down by market force, or slowly dbss scheme die of natural death when developers find no attractive profit

ya, what i m trying to say, applicants can/will choose lah.
    developers continue to price dbss high high, then no applicants, price will be push down by market force, or slowly dbss scheme die of natural death when developers find no attractive profit
    But may I caution you on the following. During desperate times and I think in Singapore, its desperate times all year round, somehow people will bite into the high prices. It just has to take several hundred of buyers, and its not difficult to find them who has parental support to live near them, etc, the DBSS scheme will not die a natural death. Developers will suddenly be bought into the DBSS concept and the whole system will spiral out of control... In short, it has the potential of swinging either way.

But may I caution you on the following. During desperate times and I think in Singapore, its desperate times all year round, somehow people will bite into the high prices. It just has to take several hundred of buyers, and its not difficult to find them who has parental support to live near them, etc, the DBSS scheme will not die a natural death. Developers will suddenly be bought into the DBSS concept and the whole system will spiral out of control... In short, it has the potential of swinging either way.
    MND's reply in today's Straits Times forum imply new DBSS policies are on the way. I think either the selling price will be controlled or the scheme will be scrapped together.

Scheme was hatched by MBT for the Govt to generate more revenue from land sales, while satisfying HDB demand. This has now become, an untenable hot potato. KBW, being more politically savy, will recognise the urgency to resolve the DBSS problem

Quote Originally Posted by yaozong7
    MND's reply in today's Straits Times forum imply new DBSS policies are on the way. I think either the selling price will be controlled or the scheme will be scrapped together.
    Hopefully its the latter... dbss is don't buy siam scheme!

Quote Originally Posted by yaozong7

Scheme was hatched by MBT for the Govt to generate more revenue from land sales, while satisfying HDB demand. This has now become, an untenable hot potato. KBW, being more politically savy, will recognise the urgency to resolve the DBSS problem
    better to just get BTO flats.. no reason to apply this DBSS lol

Quote Originally Posted by august
    better to just get BTO flats.. no reason to apply this DBSS lol
    Problem is some people don't meet BTO income ceiling requirement. But if exceed a little, can always write in to HDB and request... With the new wave of unsettling HDB prices, chances are HDB will be less stringent and more accommodating so should be successful...