Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013: Market crash or ghost towns?

If OCR DBSS is in the range of 8xxK, has KBW addressed the issue of our young population? Even he releases 1m units is not going to help cos its either too small or too expensive.

I thought HDB flats are subsidized by govt but why is it still so expensive.
    It can fight with the pte ppty in certain areas.

If all the developers can hold on to their units and stand firm with their selling price (ie no reducing of price), then the buyers will have no choice if they want to have their own ppty.

Govt keeps on releasing the lands and developers keep on bidding and then KBW steps out to say that there is oversupply of housing, then people start to hold back their buying power waiting for the ppty to drop, then grap. Foreigners with cash rich will grap first, then is it ppty will go up again, all these will benefit those with cash rich people and the rich are getting richer and the average people with invested ppty in hand will suffer. Developers will get stuck too with lesser buyers. Ppty agents also lose some of their commission and govt collect lesser tax.

In the first place, since govt knows that there will be oversupply of ppty, then they shouldn't keep on releasing the lands, now it affect so many people. I hope the ppty prices is moderate out but not a big drop. This is no good for the economy also.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    Do you know what is the price range for BTO? I heard from 2 friends is 600K not sure if its a 4-room or 5-room. Is it true? The location is Yishun and CCK.
    Your friend talk cock lah.. Yishun, CCK area 5-room BTO at most 3xxk..

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    Your friend talk cock lah.. Yishun, CCK area 5-room BTO at most 3xxk..
    so its dbss?

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Go direct to EC better.
    The EC at Tamp ave 8 is launching soon too.. Most likely 7xxpsf also one lah.. Maybe cheaper than this DBSS.. WAHAHAHAHA

I wonder, is Sim Lian the stupid one for launching this DBSS too high priced or are buyers the stupid one for paying so much for this kind of HDB? No matter what, we will see at least 1 stupid 2 weeks later..

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    so its dbss?
    Yah.. I guess your friend is talking about DBSS lah.. DBSS are blood sucking developments.. They are the same as BTOs but with some reno that maybe cost less than 20k.. But they cost higher than BTO by 200-300k..

But i guess this Tamp DBSS will break new grounds by costing 300-400k higher than the BTO that is launched beside it 2-3 weeks ago.. Somemore that BTO is bigger in size.. Such irony huh..

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    They get what they ask for
    that's why from the start i felt that raising income ceiling could prove to be a futile move. if developers have the ability to set prices, how can they not notice that their target segment has suddenly more disposable income?

i believe that raising income ceiling could in fact have the unintended side effect of raising prices. the fact that Sim Lian has the guts to price its DBSS at such prices is evidence of that.

it's akin to more child care grant given, within that month after the announcement, the principal of the child care will send you a love letter in no more than 1000 words telling you that they have to raise fees to address the rising cost of pre-school education.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Not sure if this is related but Greece economy is really suffering even in the hotel sector. My friend just returned from Greece and said that its only 22 euros to stay in a hotel per night, like S$40... much cheaper than hotel 81 or any hotels in Geylang!!
    how about the PPI in greece? did it drop? not the purchasing power index kind. the other kind of PPI.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    how about the PPI in greece? did it drop? not the purchasing power index kind. the other kind of PPI.
    Not sure what are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    I thought HDB flats are subsidized by govt but why is it still so expensive.
    It can fight with the pte ppty in certain areas.

If all the developers can hold on to their units and stand firm with their selling price (ie no reducing of price), then the buyers will have no choice if they want to have their own ppty.

Govt keeps on releasing the lands and developers keep on bidding and then KBW steps out to say that there is oversupply of housing, then people start to hold back their buying power waiting for the ppty to drop, then grap. Foreigners with cash rich will grap first, then is it ppty will go up again, all these will benefit those with cash rich people and the rich are getting richer and the average people with invested ppty in hand will suffer. Developers will get stuck too with lesser buyers. Ppty agents also lose some of their commission and govt collect lesser tax.

In the first place, since govt knows that there will be oversupply of ppty, then they shouldn't keep on releasing the lands, now it affect so many people. I hope the ppty prices is moderate out but not a big drop. This is no good for the economy also.
    Of course govt knows what they are doing. Its just that we don't know what they are doing! They release land after land for reasons only they know. We'll just watch the space and hope everything will be positive...

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Sim Lian is helping to do their part in moderating prices upwards rather than going for a big drop?

Quote Originally Posted by rockinsg
    Am a single guy lah ;-)
    Can stay anywhere for now,renting is cheaper compared to paying for bank interest and maintainace fees lah..
    Rather buy nice unit in few years time..
    I prefer stock market...use REITS...Can diversify all over the world property.. no need cry cry if singapore property go down...Also commercial property is better yield.. but commericial REIT..7-8% yields..also got 30% rise when market came up..
    I prefer that ...

Singapore is where I earn.. if singapore goes down lose my Job and property both..why take big risk.. diversify
    For a one million loan interest is 800 bucks per month, maintenance is 300 per month... Property tax is 100 per month... Where can you rent for 1200 per month? Plus property can leverage, stock a very dangerous to leverage got margin call, property no margin call

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Sim Lian is helping to do their part in moderating prices upwards rather than going for a big drop?
    Boycott them... There are so many reasonable prices condos aroud why buy dbss siow...

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    Boycott them... There are so many reasonable prices condos aroud why buy dbss siow...
    Shouldn't boycott.. In fact should encourage others to buy.. Make it a sellout on launch day.. Then developers will feel that the prices are not high enough and launch condo projects at super high prices.. Rental will be pull up too.. Good good good!!

i think they might sweat if people boycott them, wasn't there an article recently that stated Sim Lian as one of the developers with the highest amount of inventory warehouse?

Shouldn't boycott.. In fact should encourage others to buy.. Make it a sellout on launch day.. Then developers will feel that the prices are not high enough and launch condo projects at super high prices.. Rental will be pull up too.. Good good good!!
    i remember going to natura loft's showflat. 30+ floor for 720k. doesn't that sound cheap at hindsight.

Fully agree. Just look at the first DBSS in Tampines. It looks like any HDB now isn't it? They pay a premium for it but I think those in Punggol looks nicer. I rather they go for EC. At least got facilities, security etc. Just like a Condo. DBSS is just a nicer future HDB flat. It will be comparable with other HDB 2 years down the road.

Yah.. I guess your friend is talking about DBSS lah.. DBSS are blood sucking developments.. They are the same as BTOs but with some reno that maybe cost less than 20k.. But they cost higher than BTO by 200-300k..

But i guess this Tamp DBSS will break new grounds by costing 300-400k higher than the BTO that is launched beside it 2-3 weeks ago.. Somemore that BTO is bigger in size.. Such irony huh..

No use one. People will still buy. Genuine demand I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Fully agree. Just look at the first DBSS in Tampines. It looks like any HDB now isn't it? They pay a premium for it but I think those in Punggol looks nicer. I rather they go for EC. At least got facilities, security etc. Just like a Condo. DBSS is just a nicer future HDB flat. It will be comparable with other HDB 2 years down the road.
    Hmm.. found out something.. the tampines BTO that was launched 2 weeks ago situated beside this DBSS is not very expensive.. the priciest unit is 440k (110 sqm).. This DBSS priciest unit is 880k (108sqm).. 2 times more exp and smaller!!!

Hmm.. found out something.. the tampines BTO that was launched 2 weeks ago situated beside this DBSS is not very expensive.. the priciest unit is 440k (110 sqm).. This DBSS priciest unit is 880k (108sqm).. 2 times more exp and smaller!!!
    throw in $120k worth of ID reno and it'll still be cheaper.

Sim lian is one with a lot of interest in tampines.

A risky buy there... Peak time with peak HDB prices, how does that sound? Like this, the next EC 1 million already. The one near to mrt at choa chu kang beside Mi Casa.

Colin Tan has to write that way now because he kena whacked left, right & centre from angry property owners due to his actual opinion... that a crash (and a deep one at that), is imminent

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    throw in $120k worth of ID reno and it'll still be cheaper.
    Totally agreed! This is getting really irrational! DBSS is too pricey! Get an EC instead. For $880k, can get a 3 bedder EC easily and may even get a low floor 4 bedder! Austville asking $866k for a 4 bedder 1227 sqft.
    Last edited by ysyap; 16-06-11 at 07:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Colin Tan has to write that way now because he kena whacked left, right & centre from angry property owners due to his actual opinion... that a crash (and a deep one at that), is imminent
    Never take his words literally... he wrote so many articles and some are conflicting with one another! First he said crash, then he changed his mind later... just read for entertainment, nothing more!

For a one million loan interest is 800 bucks per month, maintenance is 300 per month... Property tax is 100 per month... Where can you rent for 1200 per month? Plus property can leverage, stock a very dangerous to leverage got margin call, property no margin call
    You are assuming interest rate will stay low forever..they won't in few years time.. 30 Year mortgage is a long time..2 year 1% won't help..

Renting - I can leave singapore if too expensive or goes belly down... Enjoy best of the whole world..keep moving to best locations... if bring too many FT crime and infrastructure will go bad anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Sim lian is one with a lot of interest in tampines.

A risky buy there... Peak time with peak HDB prices, how does that sound? Like this, the next EC 1 million already. The one near to mrt at choa chu kang beside Mi Casa.
    Heard they have waterView in tampines also not selling.. Bad situation for them..think they missed the boat

Quote Originally Posted by rockinsg
    You are assuming interest rate will stay low forever..they won't in few years time.. 30 Year mortgage is a long time..2 year 1% won't help..

Renting - I can leave singapore if too expensive or goes belly down... Enjoy best of the whole world..keep moving to best locations... if bring too many FT crime and infrastructure will go bad anyway..
    Your options are funny.... Uproot your family just because prices high? Don't you need to work? So go other country find work coz you want to avoid high rent?

Interest rates doesn't need to stay low for 30 years, just low in the next three years and prices will continue to run up for another 10-15 per cent, and then you gotta pray prices come down in another 1-2 years so goal of 5 years rental you have to pay...

And if it comes down to only 2011 level, then you are back to square one.... Must pray it plunge by more than 30% then you gain.... I think not often you get prices plunging by 30%...

I think better be safe buy a small unit now first, then keep some bullets, and if prices drop then buy another unit preferably a bigger unit... And wIt for the upturn.. At least you have a roof over your head...

That is why I don't know what is in their brains. Even if take an average of 750k, I rather go for condo at Pasir Ris. DBSS is just a HDB. Same built, same MOP, everything same. Carpark need to pay $90 also. For some who want to show off, DBSS also useless. No facilities, nothing at all. Just another HDB.

Your options are funny.... Uproot your family just because prices high? Don't you need to work? So go other country find work coz you want to avoid high rent?

Interest rates doesn't need to stay low for 30 years, just low in the next three years and prices will continue to run up for another 10-15 per cent, and then you gotta pray prices come down in another 1-2 years so goal of 5 years rental you have to pay...

And if it comes down to only 2011 level, then you are back to square one.... Must pray it plunge by more than 30% then you gain.... I think not often you get prices plunging by 30%...

I think better be safe buy a small unit now first, then keep some bullets, and if prices drop then buy another unit preferably a bigger unit... And wIt for the upturn.. At least you have a roof over your head...
    It won't sound funny in a year's time..
    BTW Am not singaporean..I just work here and there.. Like to move around.. But been long time struck in SG now.. looking to set permanent base now..

We are where best stuff is..SG is where growth is right now.. few year, growth somewhere else.. go there.. Never tied down..
    Neighbourhood go down, move on

I work on finance too...Play stock..and probably can do more calculations then u can..
    When u buy property u make downPayment..20% ..u lose money earned on 20% Payment for 3-4 years till TOP.. Plus u start paying interest even before TOP for what? Lose money lose money..and then when house rise 2% u get happy..
    After waiting for 4-5 years if get 2% return what big deal.. u pay more in interest and income lost..
    Problem with SG people is they think price only rise and rise 10% every year..not true... ask US guys.. its easy to go from undeveloped to developed country.. which SG is now.. where to go now? Only Downhill or stay static..

Companies not stupid..u see Guy in US ask for 90K..SG guy ask 140K cause can;t afford house.. company take US guy.. US guy still happy cause eveything cheap there...

Sg go down I go to US too.. take 90K.. u take urs overExpensive property and wait for renter and buyers

rockinsg, if SG is "Only Downhill", where are you going ? let say if you still want to remain in Asia ? does the next city you go have a better housing environment ?