Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013: Market crash or ghost towns?

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    Its a friday!!! Some more got some IDIOT going to sell DBSS 800+++KKKK. lets pray for oversubsribe???!!!!

Developers are really damn greedy!!
    Best present for the new Minister MND

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Best present for the new Minister MND
    Its rude to reject present, right? So let's see how he's gonna accept this present? Maybe he'll invited the developer to lim kopi and discuss how to re-package this present because he don't like the packaging?

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Its rude to reject present, right? So let's see how he's gonna accept this present? Maybe he'll invited the developer to lim kopi and discuss how to re-package this present because he don't like the packaging?
    i think he DL later launch 1 BTO beside for 1/2 price to let SL repent!

He already launched a BTO beside that sold at exactly 1/2 price (most exp unit was 440,000) 2-3 weeks ago.. The takeup was quite good, 6-7 times oversubscribed.. SL trying to set new pricing guide for DBSS to price 2 times of BTO.. 6 months later, they will launch their EC beside and price it at 3 times of BTO (most exp unit 1.32mil).. Eventually, this will be the new market pricing norm..

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    He already launched a BTO beside that sold at exactly 1/2 price (most exp unit was 440,000) 2-3 weeks ago.. The takeup was quite good, 6-7 times oversubscribed.. SL trying to set new pricing guide for DBSS to price 2 times of BTO.. 6 months later, they will launch their EC beside and price it at 3 times of BTO (most exp unit 1.32mil).. Eventually, this will be the new market pricing norm..
    Before they can price the EC 3X BTO prices, they must first see the take up rate for their DBSS! Already so many unhappiness and surprise at such a price. We'll see!

Instead of SL repent for launching the DBSS at such a high price, its HDB who'll repent to launch BTO at such a low price! Nearby residents looking to sell their current HDB flats all smiling to the banks now!

Lemmings are just plain silly and they deserve to get burnt to a crisp!

KBW hasn't made any statements concerning this DBSS sales... what can he say and what will he say? Hmmm... maybe say nothing after all!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

KBW has lamented that people are chasing high price private properties especially the new launch when there are so many units available and to become available 4-5 years down the road (he forgot to mention that this is true only for OCR where they are selling so many land!).

To show that he is fair and square to all, he should just condemn this DBSS because how can a HDB flat with 5 years MOP be sold at almost same price as the ECs and close to private condos and he deemed private condo price already high enough and people need to consider very carefully before buying?

KBW hasn't made any statements concerning this DBSS sales... what can he say and what will he say? Hmmm... maybe say nothing after all!

Maybe the DBSS are planned to be privatised in future.. Something like HUDC last time.. So now need to sell at a higher price..

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    KBW has lamented that people are chasing high price private properties especially the new launch when there are so many units available and to become available 4-5 years down the road (he forgot to mention that this is true only for OCR where they are selling so many land!).

To show that he is fair and square to all, he should just condemn this DBSS because how can a HDB flat with 5 years MOP be sold at almost same price as the ECs and close to private condos and he deemed private condo price already high enough and people need to consider very carefully before buying?
    cant understand y DBSS price 2 times of BTO in tampiness? HDB got to do something this round. Its reputation is going down the drain cos of SL.

cant understand y DBSS price 2 times of BTO in tampiness? HDB got to do something this round. Its reputation is going down the drain cos of SL.
    Actually more like simlian reputation gg down....i always tot simlian gd developer...waterview for eg. Prices still not too bad n layout very efficient.

Buy belsya best at similar psf....hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Actually more like simlian reputation gg down....i always tot simlian gd developer...waterview for eg. Prices still not too bad n layout very efficient.

Buy belsya best at similar psf....hahaha
    The young couples already very DL the current pricing! This is HDB housing leh..... private housing nothing to say. SL must be trying to be FEO of HDB.

Kbw's aim is to make hdb a popular icon again and I interpret that as making hdb as upmarket as private. I believe he intends to have hdb cater to different groups of people of different income groups and making hdb cheap across the board is never his intention.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Kbw's aim is to make hdb a popular icon again and I interpret that as making hdb as upmarket as private. I believe he intends to have hdb cater to different groups of people of different income groups and making hdb cheap across the board is never his intention.
    it could be as u interpret. For up market, we have the ECs. For the masses we have the BTOs. We can quote examples in motoring. We have the lexus for the premium offering and we have the toyota for mass market pricing strategy. Its seems confusing if a toyota caramy is price equal or higher than a lexus?

i agree with catering to different income group a good product offering strategy. $720k DBSS in clementi is barely acceptable to me, 880k in tampiness is out of the world for me. the about are just my 2cents worth

Fundamentally, the DBSS scheme is inappropriate as to how can u have the private developers to determine the price to sell.

When Boon Keng DBSS first launched, the price was out of this world too. But slowly it was accepted and now it is viewed as a bargain. On the contrary, my view now is the lifting of salary ceiling will increase DBSS and EC prices, hence providing a supporting base for higher mass market condo prices.

Sandwich class can buy lower tier BTO.
    Higher sandwich class can buy "Design Built To Tai" and "Earning Cows"

It works both ways. I also disagree that increase ceiling private HDBs demands to go down when 10k - 12k people also allowed to buy private HDBs.

This is point 1
    In fact, if this is realized I would feel the 4-tier housing (bto (resale), dbss, ec, pc) becomes more distinct. A oversupply + crisis shock/interest shock occur, it is harder for top tier pricing to fall to the lowest tier pricing. So if you buy bto for 400 psf. A current 1000 psf mass market PC maybe fall to max 700 psf pricing. Still need to top up 300 psf. And may need to buy at a time of super high interest.

This is Point 2
    Launch smaller, Look at esparina on last page of "TODAY", so affordable, they calculated for you. Longer you wait the smaller it gets if same developers survive the next crisis.

More picky you get, it gets more expensive.
    Longer you wait, it gets smaller.

Singapore housing market becoming blurred between each tier. Last time EC introduced to match PCs but slightly cheaper. Now, DBSS's price = EC's price! So no point having so many tiers coz all same price lah. Esparina also beside MRT is now a steal man!

If income celing is raised, den really nid to scrap dbss liao....

Bto 10k, ec 12k

Mabe restrict those between 8-10k to buy 5rm flat only?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    If income celing is raised, den really nid to scrap dbss liao....

Bto 10k, ec 12k

Mabe restrict those between 8-10k to buy 5rm flat only?
    Think the problem is DBSS has the same income ceiling cap as EC. If only its over three tiers. BTO at $10k, DBSS at $12k and EC at $14k...

Think the problem is DBSS has the same income ceiling cap as EC. If only its over three tiers. BTO at $10k, DBSS at $12k and EC at $14k...
    If EC 14k, then a lot of HDB upgraders will flock to ECs instead of mass market pte condo.. The extra money they saved can just throw into a super strong singapore bluechip company and generate 4-5% annual dividend, no diff from rental yield.. After this Tamp DBSS episode, MND should just drop any plans to increase EC and DBSS income ceiling.. Unless they have self interest to collect more land sale $$, otherwise i can't see any benefits for the developers or buyers.. Developers will still earn the same amount of profit but buyers will need to pay more as developers will bid higher for the land and sell at a higher price.. So, end up buyers are actually indirectly paying more money to the govt for the land sales..

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    If EC 14k, then a lot of HDB upgraders will flock to ECs instead of mass market pte condo.. The extra money they saved can just throw into a super strong singapore bluechip company and generate 4-5% annual dividend, no diff from rental yield.. After this Tamp DBSS episode, MND should just drop any plans to increase EC and DBSS income ceiling.. Unless they have self interest to collect more land sale $$, otherwise i can't see any benefits for the developers or buyers.. Developers will still earn the same amount of profit but buyers will need to pay more as developers will bid higher for the land and sell at a higher price.. So, end up buyers are actually indirectly paying more money to the govt for the land sales..
    As I've always advocated, the key to solving the housing market heat and bubble is through the developers. Mr K must stop looking at investors only and start looking at those developers. Since supply is so much, most of the buyers will be getting new launches and prices can be controlled through the developers. Unlike resale where prices are controlled more by sellers and willing buyers!

KBW's latest blog entry.. He angry liao and going to combine his jun and jul BTO launch to form a big army to whack SL hahaha.. Somemore he say will launch at a wise price haha.. SL jialat liao, made minister angry..

"A private developer’s DBSS launch in Tampines, with the upper end of the 5 room units priced at $880,000, caused a stir in the social media. The negative reaction was not surprising.

DBSS is a class of housing type between HDB flats and Executive Condos (EC)/private condos. It forms a tiny portion of the total housing options for Singaporeans.

While HDB flats are designed and priced by HDB, DBSS flats are designed and priced by private developers. If the private developer prices it too high and there are no takers, there will be no sales.

Netizens would like MND to come in and tell the private developer to cut its price. When they tendered for the land, price control was not a term of the tender. If contracts, after they are awarded, can be varied arbitrarily, this will damage Singapore’s reputation as a business hub, with severe repercussions.

But netizens are not powerless. If buyers find a price too high, they can walk away.

Neither am I. On my part, I am ramping up more BTO launches and pricing them appropriately. I am currently preparing the next BTO launch.
    I am launching 25,000 units this year. 12,000 units have already been launched. Another 13,000 units will be launched this year, averaging 1,800 units per month.

I have been advised to do larger launches. Large launches offer buyers a wider range of choices, and reduce the odds of repeated disappointment. I think this is sound advice.

I am therefore working with HDB to see how the June and July launches can be combined for a larger launch. And I will price them wisely. Certainly, they will not be near what the recent DBSS launch suggests."

Good to know that Mr K is well informed and he will use the soft approach by mass new launches of BTO to keep things at bay! No need to invite SL to lim kopi!

if people take up clear the 3 and 4 room good.. enough..dun forget thes 5 rm only limited units.l next year can launch their EC at record.. nothing minister can do about it unless more CM.

Haa haa SL in big trouble...0% sales after balloting date haa haa... Everybody go showroom kaypo see who is the carrot head only haa haa.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Haa haa SL in big trouble...0% sales after balloting date haa haa... Everybody go showroom kaypo see who is the carrot head only haa haa.
    Is your information accurate? It'll be so so funny and interesting to see SL's response!

confirm he is pissed!! there he is working hard to push out record units of HDB and even on wkends blogging, SL had to give him a good one by launching record price!!! pardon my lousy knowledge, i misunderstood DBSS is HDB baby, but build by private developer for HDB customers. Apparently not......

Pple familar with tampiness are there more empty plots near to the site?

confirm he is pissed!! there he is working hard to push out record units of HDB and even on wkends blogging, SL had to give him a good one by launching record price!!! pardon my lousy knowledge, i misunderstood DBSS is HDB baby, but build by private developer for HDB customers. Apparently not......

Pple familar with tampiness are there more empty plots near to the site?
    There are plenty of empty green pastures far far away from MRT. Mr K may need a second heart bypass after reading the record price by DBSS!