Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2013: Market crash or ghost towns?

this could be a very long shot, but i wonder is it possible for HDB owners to request for privatisation? then they can go for en bloc and sell their properties to Sim Lian.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    this could be a very long shot, but i wonder is it possible for HDB owners to request for privatisation? then they can go for en bloc and sell their properties to Sim Lian.
    HDB privatization is pretty new in our system. Very very few and not sure how old must a flat be to qualify. Difficult lah and yes its a very very long shot...

Those original Design & Build HDBs are still waiting for their turn to privatise, after all the HUDC's is done. When the Bishan D&B was available for resale in 2002, lots of agent claims that it will be privatised.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    HDB privatization is pretty new in our system. Very very few and not sure how old must a flat be to qualify. Difficult lah and yes its a very very long shot...
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Khaw must be super dulan at Sim Lian. This adverse publicity is the last thing he needs. Danger is whether he will intro measures to rein in developers now, to make the public happy?

Mayb a 5% Developers Stamp Duty (DSD) for units sold 3 yrs after first launch or something? I dont think the other developers are v happy at Sim Lian's lack of political skills....

Cannot blame SL. It is about Demand and Supply. Wonder why people bite on this project.
    Quote Originally Posted by yaozong7
    Khaw must be super dulan at Sim Lian. This adverse publicity is the last thing he needs. Danger is whether he will intro measures to rein in developers now, to make the public happy?

Mayb a 5% Developers Stamp Duty (DSD) for units sold 3 yrs after first launch or something? I dont think the other developers are v happy at Sim Lian's lack of political skills....

Sim lian raised white flag liao.. Straits time reported that SL spokesman said that when premiere was launched, the actual prices were much lower than indicative prices, so the actual prices for centrale 8 could be much lower too than the indicative 880k price too.. Haha.. They sibei chao kuan, release high indicative prices to see market reactions first.. If reactives very negative then reduce price.. If no public outburst, then go ahead.. Ha..

Sim Lian is not just chao kuan, they are simply stupid. The adverse publicity simply mean that DBSS will die a natural death under KBW.

Come GE 2016, which MND minister will want to be held responsible for launching $1m DBSS flat in suburbs? If you are in Khaw's shoes, what would you do? Continue to allocate lots for DBSS flats & risk $1m launch? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    Those original Design & Build HDBs are still waiting for their turn to privatise, after all the HUDC's is done. When the Bishan D&B was available for resale in 2002, lots of agent claims that it will be privatised.
    Which block numbers werethose under the D&B scheme.

It will be interesting to see how much does Sim Lian pull back their prices by.

Which block numbers werethose under the D&B scheme.

It will be interesting to see how much does Sim Lian pull back their prices by.
    I suspect pull back by 100k 780k oredi vy expensive

Cityview at boon keng is worth paying 7xxk for super high flr bcoz of the nice views n the facade looks quite grand machiam like condo....but this one no views at all

Sim Lian is not just chao kuan, they are simply stupid. The adverse publicity simply mean that DBSS will die a natural death under KBW.

Come GE 2016, which MND minister will want to be held responsible for launching $1m DBSS flat in suburbs? If you are in Khaw's shoes, what would you do? Continue to allocate lots for DBSS flats & risk $1m launch? Haha

yes i dont think we can say they are chao kuan

i think the most chao kuan is FEO ..
    i still cant get over that FH becomes 103 yr

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    yes i dont think we can say they are chao kuan

And tat project is 90% sold!

Other developers won't be unhappy with SL lah... not until Mr K introduce some measures to whack developers big time. Other developers are all super happy with SL that housing prices are climbing like nobody's business... developers huat ah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    I suspect pull back by 100k 780k oredi vy expensive

Cityview at boon keng is worth paying 7xxk for super high flr bcoz of the nice views n the facade looks quite grand machiam like condo....but this one no views at all
    Where got no view... view other people's HDB bedrooms and living rooms lor... If good conditions, can even view the stars in the sky...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    actually FEO had been doing this for quite some time.
    the Greenwood houses, all FH land sold as 99LH, how come no one complained ?

Other developers won't be unhappy with SL lah... not until Mr K introduce some measures to whack developers big time. Other developers are all super happy with SL that housing prices are climbing like nobody's business... developers huat ah!!!
    If I am a developer, I will be unhappy. U increase prices slowly, the impact on the public is not as great. If u gan gan launch $880k flat, this results in great public uproar, and increases pressure on KBW to rein in oligopolisitc developers, eg developer stamp duty on unsold units.

Take a look at social media sites, Temasek Review and CNA market forum to get a feel of Gen Y's outrage.... SL is SME towkay mentality without in-depth strategic thinking...

I wonder how the negotiations for en bloc will be like when the land owner is FEO rather than URA.

I wonder how the negotiations for en bloc will be like when the land owner is FEO rather than URA.
    Most likely wait for lease to expire n take bck the land to redevelop?

Or find a developer to pay for the enbloc px n pay feo to top up the lease bck to fresh 99lh...isit possible?

What kind of $$ is FEO expecting for lease top up??

If I am a developer, I will be unhappy. U increase prices slowly, the impact on the public is not as great. If u gan gan launch $880k flat, this results in great public uproar, and increases pressure on KBW to rein in oligopolisitc developers, eg developer stamp duty on unsold units.

Take a look at social media sites, Temasek Review and CNA market forum to get a feel of Gen Y's outrage.... SL is SME towkay mentality without in-depth strategic thinking...
    Don't worry lah. SL just announced that the price reported is not their original price. They only test test market and now realised that it will not go well so revert back to original price. Not sure what that price is...

What kind of $$ is FEO expecting for lease top up??
    $$ enough to finance their advertisement. Think FEO is the only developer rich enough to a 1min advertisement on TV not publicizing any project, just their organization. Even Microsoft don't do that or at least not that I know or can remember!

Don't worry lah. SL just announced that the price reported is not their original price. They only test test market and now realised that it will not go well so revert back to original price. Not sure what that price is...
    They tried to be too clever to test the wallets of potential buyers at a time when everyone is talking about hdb affordability.

Why everyone is complaining? If it is too expensive, then don't buy lah. Go buy HDB in ulu places. Yes, these are more expensive compared to years before but wages have increased as well.

I got my HDB in ulu places because that's what I can afford then. Even a resale was beyond my reach. After some years, we saved and manage to afford a private.

Gen Y wants to have good location, right place, stylish finishing... Ai pi ai qi... Stop complaining and work for it.

Quote Originally Posted by stiook
    Why everyone is complaining? If it is too expensive, then don't buy lah. Go buy HDB in ulu places. Yes, these are more expensive compared to years before but wages have increased as well.

I got my HDB in ulu places because that's what I can afford then. Even a resale was beyond my reach. After some years, we saved and manage to afford a private.

Gen Y wants to have good location, right place, stylish finishing... Ai pi ai qi... Stop complaining and work for it.
    I think the general public is expecting some moral responsibility and good corporate citizenship on the part of developers. They can screw the buyers of pte condos for all the want but just leave out public housing, albeit the caveat emptor rule applies regardless which property one buys.

I think SL will be pressured to reduce the actual price judging by the extensive negative publicity they got for this project.

Almost everybody on the street will know "that 880k HDB crazy price lah"

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    I think SL will be pressured to reduce the actual price judging by the extensive negative publicity they got for this project.

Almost everybody on the street will know "that 880k HDB crazy price lah"

I think if it was a top floor 5 rm flat around the duxton area. People may lament but not complain. The people are not ready for a 5 rm flat in tampines costing $880k.

I think if it was a top floor 5 rm flat around the duxton area. People may lament but not complain. The people are not ready for a 5 rm flat in tampines costing $880k.
    Only if Tampines becomes the second CBD in Singapore then ok...

Only if Tampines becomes the second CBD in Singapore then ok...
    Tampines currently quite ulu.

Quote Originally Posted by KC76
    Tampines currently quite ulu.
    since tampiness is not on any tectonic plates, it has been, currently is, and will still be ***. Really very far, even from central.

However if one works, lives and play in tampiness, thats ok. There are record no shopping centers and has quiet abit of facilities. I asked a flight attendant today y he dont consider a place at tampiness, he say tampiness too crowded, he doesnt wanna stay there @.@

DBSS sellers need to take their pricing reference from the existing resale units. They can't be priced in a vacuum. Khaw has been doing a pretty decent job since he took the post. Sim Lian has singlehandedly created a very awkward situation for HDB. One wonders whether the rules of engagement for developongand selling DBSS may be altered.

The empire that KBW has painstakingly taken over from MBT and diligently built is single handedly overthrown by SL... i.e. if buyers bite! But really, if SL revise the prices, they've already created a bad name for themselves!