Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: 2m foreigners are in spore, if they decided to protest

  1. #1
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default 2m foreigners are in spore, if they decided to protest

    I do not know how our govt can stop them?

    If u hurt an American, US will demand a naval base for them to avoid war
    If u hurt a Chinaman, all sg businesses in China will be hurt
    If u hurt a Muslim, terrorists will be offended
    If u hurt a British, they will force us to buy their excess goods. ( opium)
    If u hurt an Indian, they will make us absorb another 500k Indian talents

    Seriously, we are screwed, at the mercy of foreigners. Thanks to George yeo and tony tan, foreign talent policies.

  2. #2
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus
    I do not know how our govt can stop them?

    If u hurt an American, US will demand a naval base for them to avoid war
    If u hurt a Chinaman, all sg businesses in China will be hurt
    If u hurt a Muslim, terrorists will be offended
    If u hurt a British, they will force us to buy their excess goods. ( opium)
    If u hurt an Indian, they will make us absorb another 500k Indian talents

    Seriously, we are screwed, at the mercy of foreigners. Thanks to George yeo and tony tan, foreign talent policies.
    Funny you dont mention malaysians, since they are supposedly biggest proportion of foreigners.
    if indonesia or malaysia attack, america, china, british, india, will protest.
    So citizens of countries above are human shields for Singapore.
    same for foreign investment, you think Indonesia dare to shell Jurong Island?

  3. #3
    hiyo all

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus
    I do not know how our govt can stop them?

    If u hurt an American, US will demand a naval base for them to avoid war
    If u hurt a Chinaman, all sg businesses in China will be hurt
    If u hurt a Muslim, terrorists will be offended
    If u hurt a British, they will force us to buy their excess goods. ( opium)
    If u hurt an Indian, they will make us absorb another 500k Indian talents

    Seriously, we are screwed, at the mercy of foreigners. Thanks to George yeo and tony tan, foreign talent policies.
    Dude..your numbers are seriously wrong...chk out your facts from dos if u want to quote numbers
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

  4. #4
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Funny you dont mention malaysians, since they are supposedly biggest proportion of foreigners.
    if indonesia or malaysia attack, america, china, british, india, will protest.
    So citizens of countries above are human shields for Singapore.
    same for foreign investment, you think Indonesia dare to shell Jurong Island?
    Before they start to shell, all foreigners divested, pack up leave liao. You think they bother to protest for singapore?

  5. #5
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    Before they start to shell, all foreigners divested, pack up leave liao. You think they bother to protest for singapore?
    i am talking about physical investments, those multi billion refineries, you think can just pack up the refineries and leave?

  6. #6
    Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    our govt seems to be very smart, they let foreigners buy properties so that foreigners will have a stake in this country and continue to slog for the benefit of our economy. if they don't own any property here, very hard to keep them here for the long term.

  7. #7
    Temporary Reporter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    We need more FTs here to teach these soft, spoilt, crybaby Singaporeans a lesson.

    Whatever happened to the hard driving, hardworking, weather all storms attitude of our forefathers'?

    My parents did not complain when they started their married life in a rented room in Holland Drive far far away from their parents. They also did not complain when i was born and had to live in that rented room with them!

    They kept their heads down, worked hard, saved hard, led a frugal life and bought themselves a Farrer Rd HUDC a few years later.

    Fast forward a few more years, they traded in their HUDC for a terrace house in Bukit Timah.

    Fast forward some more, they started accumulating apartment and condo units as investment properties in the central Singapore region, riding out the ups and downs of the property market, but mostly ups.

    The rest, as they say, is history.

  8. #8
    Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    our govt seems to be very smart, they let foreigners buy properties so that foreigners will have a stake in this country and continue to slog for the benefit of our economy. if they don't own any property here, very hard to keep them here for the long term.
    There are in fact many foreigners who invested in Singapore's properties without even working here! These are the problem ones! Once economy downturn, they sell and run... no more foreign money in our land!

  9. #9
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    There are in fact many foreigners who invested in Singapore's properties without even working here! These are the problem ones! Once economy downturn, they sell and run... no more foreign money in our land!
    alamak, property not that liquid.
    Also if foreign developer buy Singapore land, that money already go inside Singapore, unless of course, foreign developer use local financing

  10. #10
    Exalted

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    There are in fact many foreigners who invested in Singapore's properties without even working here! These are the problem ones! Once economy downturn, they sell and run... no more foreign money in our land!
    u mean economy crash, foreigner firesale to us n cut loss? haha...i dun mind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •