Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Balestier touted up-and-coming city fringe estate

I am also of the opinion that the end nearer to the Thomson end will be a better choice in terms of value if really got to choose Balestier. The Arte was a good buy back in 2009 as it is so close to Thomson road.
    Can look at older developments around there like the Citrine and Global Ville. Vista residences is probably TOP next year. Anyone has vested interest in this part of Balestier road?

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    I am also of the opinion that the end nearer to the Thomson end will be a better choice in terms of value if really got to choose Balestier. The Arte was a good buy back in 2009 as it is so close to Thomson road.
    Can look at older developments around there like the Citrine and Global Ville. Vista residences is probably TOP next year. Anyone has vested interest in this part of Balestier road?
    Near to Thomson area is definitely better than towards Whampoa side..
    Condos like The Arte, Vista Res... up to Domus, iResidences..

i also have vested interest in Balestier... specifically at the Thomson end, for the very same reasons as some have mentioned, enjoy D11 proximity but at D12 pricing (back when I bought)... I work in orchard and its 10-15min away (to cairnhill carpark via thomson/newton), and its 25 - 30min max to the far flung places like Changi or Kranji in either direction. in my view its as central as it gets...

i was really hoping that the thomson mrt line would swing nearer by to balestier/thomson junction, but it seems the nearest thomson mrt will now be whitley, nearer CJC.

i doubt the shophouses will go... these are earmarked as conservation areas, likely to be preserved, which will keep some of the charm of this place. without the shophouses going, there will be little chance of road widening, so i can't see how the traffic will get any better...

Popular yes. But good quality? ...

Most of the reviews are negative. But human nature to spread the word about bad stuff and reserve the positive compliments I guess. What do they expect? Orchard standard hotels in Balestier? Actually it is quite obvious from the name of the hotels... VALUE.... QUALITY...

I did consider balestier before.. After looking at few launches, decided not too
    1) Far from MRT. The nearest is TOA PAYOH MRT. Apparently, those I launces I seen are those near to the hilghway, where there is an overhead bridge across to Toa Payoh centre. It was advertised like 8-10 mins walk..
    I tried, after walking 15 mins in hot sun, I am still half way at overhead bridge across the highway!
    2) A lot of temples around that area. Lots of burning of incense. When i was viewing one of those new launches, I saw ashes flying around and settling down right in front .

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateAro888
    I did consider balestier before.. After looking at few launches, decided not too
    1) Far from MRT. The nearest is TOA PAYOH MRT. Apparently, those I launces I seen are those near to the hilghway, where there is an overhead bridge across to Toa Payoh centre. It was advertised like 8-10 mins walk..
    I tried, after walking 15 mins in hot sun, I am still half way at overhead bridge across the highway!
    2) A lot of temples around that area. Lots of burning of incense. When i was viewing one of those new launches, I saw ashes flying around and settling down right in front .
    U decided not too.. it is becos..

1) You (or even your family members) rely on MRT so much as it is the main form of transportation?
    2) You must be looking at those units towards Whampoa side & not Thomson side (or maybe you are not too familiar)

So is really up to individual between..
    Near MRT Trevista 99-yr leasehold vs away from MRT The Arte / Vista Res freehold, say both psf is about the same..

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    U decided not too.. it is becos..

1) You (or even your family members) rely on MRT so much as it is the main form of transportation?

2) You must be looking at those units towards Whampoa side & not Thomson side (or maybe you are not too familiar)

So is really up to individual between..
    Near MRT Trevista 99-yr leasehold vs away from MRT The Arte / Vista Res freehold, say both psf is about the same..
    Currently, I drive to work and children take schoolbus and public bus to school. I see long term, it will become more and more expensive to own car.

Current place i stayed, it take them 2 public buses for them to reach home...

Long term, definitely better to stay near MRT.

Anyway, the Trevista is in Toa Payoh rite ? Not balestier.. My point is any condo in Balestier is no way near MRT.

Anyway, I have just bought a 99 year near MRT TOP in 3 years time. Very very near MRT. Expensive tough, but think of all the convienient for family i think is worth it.

thanks