Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheapest private property in Singapore

Default Cheapest private property in Singapore

Hello guys,

I am a foreigner and not a PR so not eligible to buy an HDB.

I am interested in knowing what alternatives do I have other than renting 2+1 HDBs for $1800+.

I would like to buy a private property but the maximum cash I can put down is like 100K$.

Is it possible to get a ready to occupy 1 bedroom apartment for around 400-500K$?

Hi getting a 1 bedder for $500k is definitely possible but the locations may be a bit more inconvenient! In places like Geylang and maybe the northern part of Singapore like Woodlands and Sembawang.

If renting is not your cup of tea, then buying a private condo is the only option because staying in hotels and other such service apartments may get a little costly so it just don't make sense in the long run!

Kovan Grandeur low floor. You don't mind 366 sq ft right? Not near to MRT though.

Now that you know it is possible to get a 1 bedder for $500k, then can contact any housing agent who'd then do the scouting for you. Just tell him your requirements and let him have the headache! If you are interested, you can also visit property websites like propertyguru.com and iproperty. Rather friendly sites where you can stipulate your max cost and number of rooms, etc. Hopefully this will help.

Quote Originally Posted by revhappy
    Hello guys,

I am interested in knowing what alternatives do I have other than renting 2+1 HDBs for $1800+.

I would like to buy a private property but the maximum cash I can put down is like 100K$.

Is it possible to get a ready to occupy 1 bedroom apartment for around 400-500K$?
    try propertyguru search.

Cheapest, murder units plus bankrupt units.

Thanks everyone. MRT or distance shouldn't be an issue as I ride a bike to office which is at Changi Business Park, so any location 20 kms from my office will do. I I tried Propertyguru search, it always show up new launches that will TOP in 3-4 years. Its really tough to make out if its a new launch or not, unless I click each and every ad.

My personal favorite are the 1 bedder FH condos on Flora road, eg Estella Gardens, Avila Gardens etc. I just love that location. I wish they were cheap enough though

My manager bought a 2 bedroom 937 sqft apt at Melville park in 2008 for 530K. Serious heartburn
    Last edited by revhappy; 14-06-11 at 22:13.

My manager bought a 2 bedroom 937 sqft apt at Melville park in 2008 for 530K. Serious heartburn
    in 2009, a unit at 420k for 936sqft, #09

and unit number let us strike small small on 4d, on that sunday after viewing

Thanks everyone. MRT or distance shouldn't be an issue as I ride a bike to office which is at Changi Business Park, so any location 20 kms from my office will do. I I tried Propertyguru search, it always show up new launches that will TOP in 3-4 years. Its really tough to make out if its a new launch or not, unless I click each and every ad.

My personal favorite are the 1 bedder FH condos on Flora road, eg Estella Gardens, Avila Gardens etc. I just love that location. I wish they were cheap enough though

Yes Pasir Ris area might get you a 1 bedder for about $500k. Don't look at 2008 prices.. its irreversible unless something drastic happens to the economy! If like that, I'm also waiting!

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-sunshine-loft

gotta check when tenancy ends though.

Hello guys,

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...ent-residences

brand new, nearer to town, further from your workplace and to date, the smallest ever completed private property.

That's nothing. Many folks bought their 2 bedder units in Melville Park ranging from 936sqft & 957sqft sizes for under $400k back in 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    That's nothing. Many folks bought their 2 bedder units in Melville Park ranging from 936sqft & 957sqft sizes for under $400k back in 2007!
    it means IS okay to wait for the market to drop further..??

instead buying in 2008, u can get gd deal in 2009..

Time

Seasons

Fish very ex during festives...Such as Chinese new year.

After radiation... They are cheaper.

Wait for the right fish.

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71

In 2008, nobody knows the good deal coming in 2009 that hit the world by storm! However, there are great speculation for 2012 so it's quite different from 2009 lah! Anyhow, start saving so as not to miss the boat!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Wait till 2012 to buy?
    I think you would be see continual incr in pr & chest beating instead!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    In 2008, nobody knows the good deal coming in 2009 that hit the world by storm! However, there are great speculation for 2012 so it's quite different from 2009 lah! Anyhow, start saving so as not to miss the boat!

Prices in Melville Park have been on the rise since 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011... so it's high time to take a breather

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    During 2008,alrdy speculation of crashing in 2009.
    least it doesn't have to crash but it's still means bottom out in 2009.

Yup I'm saving very very hard and alrdy cash out like some forumers whom are aso saving as hard or aso cash out. And I bet that some are not looking back at properties for investment,at this pt of time.

留个青山在,不怕没柴烧

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Wait till 2012 to buy?
    I think you would be see continual incr in pr & chest beating instead!
    Good to know that there are still bullish people in this forum! At least I'm not alone! At most only slight correction in prices!

During 2008,alrdy speculation of crashing in 2009.
    least it doesn't have to crash but it's still means bottom out in 2009.

Yup I'm saving very very hard and alrdy cash out like some forumers whom are aso saving as hard or aso cash out. And I bet that some are not looking back at properties for investment,at this pt of time.

留个青山在,不怕没柴烧
    commercial....

This time round a little different.... 4 years SSD actually discourages people to sell off their property for flipping..

Plus monetary tightening policy in Oct 2011 by MAS is likely currency strengthening to fight imported inflation.

I think it's just slow growth everywhere around the world.

Singapore is now perceived as safe haven.... resilient currency and it's not US, not China..... we are now a buffer state in economy terms.

Having said that, anything can happen but i think prices are going to stay.

If there's another crisis, the situation that Singapore faces in the near future will be very much different from the Asian Financial Crisis, which at heart is in South-East Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    This time round a little different.... 4 years SSD actually discourages people to sell off their property for flipping..

Plus monetary tightening policy in Oct 2011 by MAS is likely currency strengthening to fight imported inflation.

I think it's just slow growth everywhere around the world.

Singapore is now perceived as safe haven.... resilient currency and it's not US, not China..... we are now a buffer state in economy terms.

Having said that, anything can happen but i think prices are going to stay.

If there's another crisis, the situation that Singapore faces in the near future will be very much different from the Asian Financial Crisis, which at heart is in South-East Asia.
    Actually I agree with your analysis! Housing prices will surely be resilient even with all the talks of oversupply. Is it really oversupply? Based on hard numbers and figures, it certainly looked like it but so so so much can be done to prevent any dip in prices. Govt have much on the tables to prevent any slump in housing sector...

1. Increase foreign tap supply
    2. Remove 4yr SSD
    3. Remove 60% LTV
    4. Strengthen economy further to invite foreign investments.

With the SSD want to sell also cannot sell.... Condo TOP in 3 years time also cannot sell.... So earliest market correction.... 2015...

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    With the SSD want to sell also cannot sell.... Condo TOP in 3 years time also cannot sell.... So earliest market correction.... 2015...
    Don't think of it as cannot sell... can sell anytime... just ensure your profit margin is more than the SSD... if sell after 3 years, then just make sure you have more than 4% profit. Unless market goes down, otherwise 10% price appreciation over 3 years in a healthy housing market is totally possible! Cheers! Imagine, a $1m property sold at $1.1m after 3 years or a $2m property sold for $2.2m after 3 years is a decent expectation!

Just that your profit is reduced and that is personally quite irritating...

One thing to note is forced sales. Its not like people want to sell, but they might "have" to sell.

Consider this, right now interest rates are at rock bottom. Still people have to take a 30 year loan and an monthly payment of about 2k. What will happen if the interest rates hit 4%? Monthly payment touches 3k which many people may not be able to afford.

One thing to note is forced sales. Its not like people want to sell, but they might "have" to sell.

Consider this, right now interest rates are at rock bottom. Still people have to take a 30 year loan and an monthly payment of about 2k. What will happen if the interest rates hit 4%? Monthly payment touches 3k which many people may not be able to afford.

From 1.5% to 4% is a big jump....it wun happen overnite....

Rough calculation tells me 30yr loan, 2k will jump to abt 2.7k from 1.5 to 4%

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    From 1.5% to 4% is a big jump....it wun happen overnite....

Rough calculation tells me 30yr loan, 2k will jump to abt 2.7k from 1.5 to 4%
    Agreed that 1.5% to 4% will not happen overnight but with 4yr SSD, it is still risky. 1.5% to 4% may well happen after 3 years and the 4yr SSD is still not over! Better be prepared coz now with interest rate so so low, up is the only option left! It may stay low for awhile but how long???

If the pix in the search is an artist impression then those are the new launches. Click on those that shows the actual condo photo. Melville park is still cheap i tink.

Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    If the pix in the search is an artist impression then those are the new launches. Click on those that shows the actual condo photo. Melville park is still cheap i tink.
    Melville Park 2 bedroom units rose from $360k-$400k now to $680k-$700k just within a couple of years is cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Melville Park 2 bedroom units rose from $360k-$400k now to $680k-$700k just within a couple of years is cheap?
    The asking prices for a 2 bedder is actually $740k to $780k! *gasp*

Actual transacted prices at end May was $720k *gasp*