Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheapest private property in Singapore

User Info Menu

Default Cheapest private property in Singapore

Hello guys,

I am a foreigner and not a PR so not eligible to buy an HDB.

I am interested in knowing what alternatives do I have other than renting 2+1 HDBs for $1800+.

I would like to buy a private property but the maximum cash I can put down is like 100K$.

Is it possible to get a ready to occupy 1 bedroom apartment for around 400-500K$?

Senior

User Info Menu

Hi getting a 1 bedder for $500k is definitely possible but the locations may be a bit more inconvenient! In places like Geylang and maybe the northern part of Singapore like Woodlands and Sembawang.

If renting is not your cup of tea, then buying a private condo is the only option because staying in hotels and other such service apartments may get a little costly so it just don't make sense in the long run!

User Info Menu

Kovan Grandeur low floor. You don't mind 366 sq ft right? Not near to MRT though.

Senior

User Info Menu

Now that you know it is possible to get a 1 bedder for $500k, then can contact any housing agent who'd then do the scouting for you. Just tell him your requirements and let him have the headache! If you are interested, you can also visit property websites like propertyguru.com and iproperty. Rather friendly sites where you can stipulate your max cost and number of rooms, etc. Hopefully this will help.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by revhappy
    Hello guys,

I am interested in knowing what alternatives do I have other than renting 2+1 HDBs for $1800+.

I would like to buy a private property but the maximum cash I can put down is like 100K$.

Is it possible to get a ready to occupy 1 bedroom apartment for around 400-500K$?
    try propertyguru search.

Go for Smallest Unit

User Info Menu

Cheapest, murder units plus bankrupt units.

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone. MRT or distance shouldn't be an issue as I ride a bike to office which is at Changi Business Park, so any location 20 kms from my office will do. I I tried Propertyguru search, it always show up new launches that will TOP in 3-4 years. Its really tough to make out if its a new launch or not, unless I click each and every ad.

My personal favorite are the 1 bedder FH condos on Flora road, eg Estella Gardens, Avila Gardens etc. I just love that location. I wish they were cheap enough though

My manager bought a 2 bedroom 937 sqft apt at Melville park in 2008 for 530K. Serious heartburn
    Last edited by revhappy; 14th June 2011 at 10:13 PM.

Junior

User Info Menu

My manager bought a 2 bedroom 937 sqft apt at Melville park in 2008 for 530K. Serious heartburn
    in 2009, a unit at 420k for 936sqft, #09

and unit number let us strike small small on 4d, on that sunday after viewing

Senior

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone. MRT or distance shouldn't be an issue as I ride a bike to office which is at Changi Business Park, so any location 20 kms from my office will do. I I tried Propertyguru search, it always show up new launches that will TOP in 3-4 years. Its really tough to make out if its a new launch or not, unless I click each and every ad.

My personal favorite are the 1 bedder FH condos on Flora road, eg Estella Gardens, Avila Gardens etc. I just love that location. I wish they were cheap enough though

Yes Pasir Ris area might get you a 1 bedder for about $500k. Don't look at 2008 prices.. its irreversible unless something drastic happens to the economy! If like that, I'm also waiting!

Senior

User Info Menu

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-sunshine-loft

gotta check when tenancy ends though.

Hello guys,

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast