Thread: Jackie Chan, Wakin Chau buy Leonie Hill Rd condos

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Default Jackie Chan, Wakin Chau buy Leonie Hill Rd condos

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...43396,00.html?

Published June 15, 2011

Jackie Chan, Wakin Chau buy Leonie Hill Rd condos

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

(SINGAPORE) Hong Kong movie superstar Jackie Chan and his good friend singer/song writer Wakin Chau have again picked up a few apartments - this time in Overseas Union Enterprise's Twin Peaks condo at Leonie Hill Road.

Twin Peaks: Units in the 99-year leasehold project are trading at an average price of about $2,850 psf but the two celebrities are reckoned to have enjoyed discounts

BT understands that Mr Chan has bought two units on one of the lower floors of the 35-storey project, while Mr Chau purchased a unit on another floor.

All three units are said to be one bedders of 571 square feet each. Units in the 99-year leasehold project are trading at an average price of about $2,850 per square foot although market watchers reckon the two celebrities would have enjoyed a discount given the star attraction they would bring to the development, which is expected to be completed around early 2014.

Mr Chau, previously known as Emil, held a concert in Singapore about a fortnight ago.

Interestingly, Mr Chan used to own a three-bedroom apartment in the old Grangeford Apartments which OUE bought through a collective sale a few years ago and which is being torn down for redevelopment into Twin Peaks.

Residents of Twin Peaks, at the corner of Grange and Leonie Hill roads, will have the option of engaging hospitality and housekeeping services from the Mandarin Orchard Singapore, which is also part of the OUE group. BT understands that the units bought by Mr Chan and Mr Chau will have views of Grange Road/ Orchard Road.

In March last year, the duo picked up four apartments in the freehold Centennia Suites at Kim Seng Road worth over $10 million. In that deal, Mr Chan acquired three units - two, three and four bedders making up an entire floor - while Mr Chau purchased a three bedder.

The average price in the project then was reported at about $2,000-2,100 psf. Centennia Suites is being developed by a privately held entity of Lippo Group. The Indonesian group also controls OUE, which is listed in Singapore.

Mr Chan also bought the former Jinriksha Station at 1 Neil Road in late 2007 for $11 million.

Twin Peaks comprises two identical 35-storey towers with a total of 462 units, offering a mix of one, two and three-bedroom apartments. OUE began selling units in the project in July last year and to date more than 50 units have been sold. The highest price achieved in the development is $3,170 psf.

OUE is expected to relaunch the project later this year once its new showflat is ready.

Friend friend go shopping together

Surprised they bot mm....hehe

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Surprised they bot mm....hehe
    Not really MM I think, 550-650sqft 1 bedroom apartments has been around in the city area for a long time liaoz.

Their investment portfolio spreads across the globe. Unlike Jet Li who has a larger stake in Singapore, he bought a GCB instead!

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Not really MM I think, 550-650sqft 1 bedroom apartments has been around in the city area for a long time liaoz.

feels like a business arrangement

OUE enbloc his Grangeford condo ... (emil probably recvd a lot of $) and now buy a MM

so nett i suspect he pocket some profit

actually no big deal leh ...

all these stars are no longer the bright and shining ones ...

i wonder whats the attraction ...

my nephew in HK ...lives above Adam cheng .. Ren Xian Qi .. also like that .. no big deal ..

unless you tell me the current younger celebs buy Leonie hill ...then its a difference story

in manhattan so many dying stars ..
    i see Neil Sedeka ... knn dont think the young Nykers know who he is ..
    candice bergen .. at least shes still appearing in movies ..

no one talks about them

but when Hugh jackman comes out of her apt in west village ... all the photographers appear...

i was in Bergdoff sometime back ... as i came out so many paparazzis .. i went back in and walk one round .. and saw ..Demi moore ..wow cheo boo ...

so JAckie and Emil ....hhhmm no attraction leh ...

The indon aunties like..... Both are now aunties killer so good to ask them to buy.... Young people how can afford twin peaks

I think more of a marketing strategy to get celebrities to endorse. Some people like to "drop names" about so-and-so have a unit in their development. So can hao lian. I remember some forummers also like that. Stay in this district, can breath same air as some rich man and gives them so much joy and bragging rights. I don't even think the Centennial Suites (at $2200psf) was a good investment. Also, they bought so small unit- probably just give face and buy the lowest quantum lah.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I think more of a marketing strategy to get celebrities to endorse. Some people like to "drop names" about so-and-so have a unit in their development. So can hao lian. I remember some forummers also like that. Stay in this district, can breath same air as some rich man and gives them so much joy and bragging rights. I don't even think the Centennial Suites (at $2200psf) was a good investment. Also, they bought so small unit- probably just give face and buy the lowest quantum lah.
    correct

i feel its a desperate attempt