Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: City Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    I wud expect higher rental yield for 99lh ppty
    I see. You meant higher yield. I thought you meant higher rent for 99LH properties in your last posting.

I do look into the possibility of City Plaza to be enbloc and finally ruled out the risk of buying for enbloc is relatively higher.

It is very difficult for a mixed development to enbloc...
    the classic case is the Lucky Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by SpinCity
    I see. You meant higher yield. I thought you meant higher rent for 99LH properties in your last posting.
    correct mah...same same 1mil quantum 99lh ppty, wud expect to fetch more den 3k rental which aso means higher rental yield

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    I do look into the possibility of City Plaza to be enbloc and finally ruled out the risk of buying for enbloc is relatively higher.

It is very difficult for a mixed development to enbloc...
    the classic case is the Lucky Plaza

hi can I ask y is mixed developments hard to enbloc? I tot there are cases of mixed developments being enbloc? eg ruby plaza

thks

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    correct mah...same same 1mil quantum 99lh ppty, wud expect to fetch more den 3k rental which aso means higher rental yield
    Sorry, you get me confused. Do you mean that a 1m 99LH property can fetch higher rent than 2 1m FH property, hence higher yield, assuming everything else, such as size/location/facility held equal?

Any particular reason why?
    The only possible reason I can think of is that for the same 1m quantum, 99LH properties have bigger area due to its lower psf than FH properties,

Quote Originally Posted by eminor82
    hi can I ask y is mixed developments hard to enbloc? I tot there are cases of mixed developments being enbloc? eg ruby plaza

thks
    It is very difficult to come out with an acceptable apportion method for both commercial and residential units.

Based on individual unit valuation or based on share value or based on area?

Quote Originally Posted by SpinCity
    Sorry, you get me confused. Do you mean that a 1m 99LH property can fetch higher rent than 2 1m FH property, hence higher yield, assuming everything else, such as size/location/facility held equal?

Any particular reason why?
    The only possible reason I can think of is that for the same 1m quantum, 99LH properties have bigger area due to its lower psf than FH properties,
    Tats one of my investment criteria

99lh ppty must hf higher rental yield compared to a fh one...tats all